• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New pork city!- CONFIRMED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hell, I really like this stage...

Looks awesome!

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
It does the GBA version justice with its sheer size and chaos. Even the colors are a match~

vesperview

Smash Hero
I forgot we had this thread:

This undeniably had to be the stage for mother 3

*Spoilers*

This is the city which is ruled by Pokey, it makes it's appearance in the eighth chapter of the game... and it's the place where most of the final moments of the game take place.

Billboards to glorify pokey.

The chimera who kills you if you touch him, awesome stage hazard!

he sends you off like this:

I was actually expecting Pokey's statue to play a role in this stage but maybe we will have to wait and see.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I don't see the "Mario Finale" working to well on this stage =(
I don't see anything working to well on this stage. It's definitly another play stage like warioware meant for light hearted play. It seems fun for what it is.

Honestly I had expected Norfair though. And Where's Falcon?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The platforms look like they're in awsomely original positioning, but the Ultimate Chimera...BLEAH! That ruined the stage. I label it in the likely tournament banned area, with Fourside. Now we need a EarthBound stage. Like a actual Onett, instead of Onett mixed with other towns! *hint: the bulidings you fight on are on other sides of EarthBound, there is no tunnel running through Onett, and that shop area IS NOT IN ONETT!* :laugh:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
YOUR PREDICTION WAS FTW! thumbs up

Us? The losers?

The only loser here is you: No one here gives a **** if they get banned. We DO have a life, unlike you.
Alpha noob post count 759 joined oct 2006 fiercedeity wolf post count 386 joined august 2007. if alpha noob had no life he would be hitting like 8000 post bye now. you just came here a few months ago and has half less of how many post as he got who has less of a life.
Great prediction alpha noob did you think the stage would be that big.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The platforms look like they're in awsomely original positioning, but the Ultimate Chimera...BLEAH! That ruined the stage. I label it in the likely tournament banned area, with Fourside. Now we need a EarthBound stage. Like a actual Onett, instead of Onett mixed with other towns! *hint: the bulidings you fight on are on other sides of EarthBound, there is no tunnel running through Onett, and that shop area IS NOT IN ONETT!* :laugh:
But you can see Ness' house and the meteor in the background, it has to be Onett

Shuma

Smash Hero
I can't believe someone can defend Alpha noob, seriously, you obviously never saw his first posts.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I just don't see this: "The scale is, say, about as same as that Temple stage"

The temple stage had solid ground, but this stage is a bunch of platforms. Why spend all that detail on the background if it's just that, a background? Although it looks amazing, it seems like another Smashville-esque stage.

I'm looking forward to another Great Fox or actual Temple stage. Eldin Bridge is the best we've seen so far, IMHO.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But you can see Ness' house and the meteor in the background, it has to be Onett
Shut up Luke. You've never had a decent conversation on the boards, so be quiet.

Seriously, most the stuff in Onett wasn't in Onett in Mother 1 (I've played it) or MOTHER 2/EarthBound. The actual buildings, the tunnels, and the only cars in Onett were ice cream trucks and taxis (I think). And the gang(s) were a group of hippies, not guys in suits. There was no market place, and there was no meteor (I think). Wasn't it a UFO, containing Buzz=??? And you se Ness' house, but not Pokeys. Pokeys is right next to Ness. Almost as if it was more based off MOTHER 1 then MOTHER 2. I find Onett to be a poorly representation of Onett, but a good representation of MOTHER 2, and the MOTHER series as a whole. Good, playable stage, but lacks the important detail from the actual game! :)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Shut up Luke. You've never had a decent conversation on the boards, so be quiet.
And you do or something?
Seriously, most the stuff in Onett wasn't in Onett in Mother 1 (I've played it) or MOTHER 2/EarthBound. The actual buildings, the tunnels, and the only cars in Onett were ice cream trucks and taxis (I think). And the gang(s) were a group of hippies, not guys in suits. There was no market place, and there was no meteor (I think). Wasn't it a UFO, containing Buzz=??? And you se Ness' house, but not Pokeys. Pokeys is right next to Ness. Almost as if it was more based off MOTHER 1 then MOTHER 2. I find Onett to be a poorly representation of Onett, but a good representation of MOTHER 2, and the MOTHER series as a whole. Good, playable stage, but lacks the important detail from the actual game! :)
Onett isn't in the first Mother at all.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
actually after seeing the first few pages of this thread that contain nothing but flammage and spam, I don't think this should be the official discussion for this stage, you don't even care enough to update the first post.
Dude the update came out like an hour ago. Not everyone is awake at the time of the update, so what would he update the post with. Just chill.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Have you not played Earthbound...Or Mother 1???

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Well I haven't exactly played Mother/Earthbound or had much experience with the games, but this stage does look kind of fun in an odd way. The background is pretty excellent too, I'd actually go as far to say it's one of my favourite looking stages so far, though I'm not quite sure why :chuckle: there's just something about it that interests me.

I really should look into getting my hands on a Mother/Earthbound game :ohwell: on a side note, are they on the virtual console yet by any chance? I haven't looked in awhile.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

Dude...oh my god...

You are so full of **** man. I mean really, not trying to be rude, but don't talk about the game being inaccurate when you haven't played it, clearly....

I guess I will correct you. :ohwell:

-There is no Onett in Mother 1.

-There were all sorts of cars in Onett.

-The gangs in Onett were the sharks. Twoson had the gangs of hippies and estranged town folk.

-There WAS a meteor...ugh, it was what STARTED the game. -.-;

-There WAS a marketplace. How else did you buy the things from the beginning?

-Buzz Buzz teleported here from the meteor.

-Mother 1 did not follow the same storyline as Earthbound. The only similarity was Giygas.

You obviously mixed the two together.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It will be banned at tournaments.

But looks good nevertheless. It's big, flashy, and has a really broken hazard. One bite kill? Kinda .... I don't know.

As for the picture that alpha n00b keeps *****ing about, leave it up. I liked looking at it.

courte

Smash Lord
well i think we all saw it coming when sakurai said yes to the project, you all saw the e for all videos when they returned to the classic intros samus stepping out of the tube mario hopping out of the pipe

this is more than anything a return to the orginal formula, a true sequel to ssb is probably what theyre hoping for moreso than anything

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace

But looks good nevertheless. It's big, flashy, and has a really broken hazard. One bite kill? Kinda .... I don't know.

As for the picture that alpha n00b keeps *****ing about, leave it up. I liked looking at it.

wtf, tournaments isn't the only thing in the world, and all sort of stages are good...

plus i like this one, the ultimate chimera (or the Quimera Refinitiva or Rultimate quimera xd) is a lol (whit that duck in his head and the button)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes and? we are just noting that it will be banned at tournaments. Its like saying "Mario has a green costume like in the last two games" and then you saying "Zomg no Luigi is still in! Costumes arnt the only thing in the world".

Anyway I wonder if you get to play a SE version of this level... I hope so.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Because it plays somewhat similar to Hyrule Temple, chances are it will be banned (especially with that Chimera thing). In casual play, it looks to be very fun.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Aniway, this one doesn't have the cave of hyrule temple sooooo no 400%+ matches :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom