• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New pikachu developments

N64

Smash Champion
-Chad- and I are on the brink of developing the next level of pikachu combos. Behold!

LazyAlwaysWins (8:24:10 PM): i don't think pika has a move i don't like
Chaddical (8:20:44 PM): My least favorite would have to be skullbash
LazyAlwaysWins (8:24:27 PM): actually, i'm sure i don't
LazyAlwaysWins (8:24:43 PM): skullbash is the lowest yes, but finishing someone with skullbash is probably the coolest thing ever
Chaddical (8:21:12 PM): Techchasing to a skull bash
LazyAlwaysWins (8:25:01 PM): uair spike -> skullbash kill = instant win
Chaddical (8:21:36 PM): F-smash to skull bash techchase = better
Chaddical (8:21:49 PM): at lower %'s it works =x
Chaddical (8:22:21 PM): If your opponent techs toward you while you charge it (I dunno what it is, but if you're chargin something, they feel compelled to go toward it)
LazyAlwaysWins (8:26:04 PM): you have not seen the awesomeness of uair spike -> immediate skullbash
Chaddical (8:22:37 PM): I guess not
LazyAlwaysWins (8:26:21 PM): IT IS AMAZING
LazyAlwaysWins (8:26:25 PM): i shall show you some time
Chaddical (8:23:41 PM): So..don't charge it?
LazyAlwaysWins (8:27:27 PM): nope
LazyAlwaysWins (8:27:36 PM): works on fastfallers if i remember right
LazyAlwaysWins (8:27:49 PM): depends on DI though
LazyAlwaysWins (8:27:52 PM): and percentage
LazyAlwaysWins (8:28:04 PM): also i think it kills you too
Chaddical (8:24:32 PM): Awesome
Chaddical (8:24:42 PM): I'll pretend I'm doing one of my trademarked Falcon suicide combos
LazyAlwaysWins (8:28:30 PM): the only time i've actually pulled it off it killed me too, but that was on yoshi's
LazyAlwaysWins (8:28:41 PM): super low floor and all
LazyAlwaysWins (8:28:51 PM): er, high floor
LazyAlwaysWins (8:28:54 PM): whatever floor
LazyAlwaysWins (8:28:57 PM): die-fast-floor
Chaddical (8:25:22 PM): The one that kills faster
Chaddical (8:26:37 PM): !
LazyAlwaysWins (8:30:45 PM): !
LazyAlwaysWins (8:31:04 PM): i wonder if usmash->skullbash works on fastfallers
LazyAlwaysWins (8:31:09 PM): at low percents
Chaddical (8:27:31 PM): Omg..
Chaddical (8:27:34 PM): Upthrow skull bash
LazyAlwaysWins (8:31:29 PM): ftilt->skullbash!
Chaddical (8:27:55 PM): Upair skullbash
Chaddical (8:28:05 PM): Omg a whole new technique we've never though of
LazyAlwaysWins (8:31:50 PM): skullbash -> skullbash!
Chaddical (8:28:11 PM): thought*
Chaddical (8:28:13 PM): !
Chaddical (8:28:16 PM): BRILLIANT!

That's right. The skullbash combo returns.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
THIS is what kept Pika from top tier! People can't just use the double skullbash! Wait, you didn't trademark it! I call dibs on intellectual property!
skullbash->skullbashTM

EDIT: Everytime you use it, you will be breaking the law and I can sue the ***** of your Pika-butts!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
haha even if this is a joke, still actually found use for it...
gotten good Foxes with this plenty of times, bthrow -> skullbash =D
hah, sad that something other than skullbash will be considered "off topic" but a sweet way to **** a recovering CF...jump out at him as he's upBing, techwalljump, upB right to the ledge, he's FACKED! just jump out there with a nair, if you hit him, you win, if he catches you first, you win.

also, another thing I've done to Foxes but I'm not 100% positive on the technicalities of it but I'm pretty sure you space it so that you hit them with almost the very end of the upB. as they charge firefox...just upB right at them, you'll trade hits and they'll fall to their death while you still have another upB
^_^

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
. . . also, another thing I've done to Foxes but I'm not 100% positive on the technicalities of it but I'm pretty sure you space it so that you hit them with almost the very end of the upB. as they charge firefox...just upB right at them, you'll trade hits and they'll fall to their death while you still have another upB
^_^
Ya know instead of using your first quick attack (^B) to meet Firefox, use both quick attacks (quick attack off the stage, quick attack on the stage). This creates (if performed correctly) a vertical barrier that cancels Firefox. I'm relatively new with Pikachu. I call myself "researching" Pikachu before I decide to main him. I've been heavily researching Pika's ^B, trying to reduce lag time when used as a basic attack. Not going so well. I've found a few ways but they're level specific so. . .yeah. Any Pika rocks. Too bad I've found this out way too late.

toasty

Smash Hero
Ya know instead of using your first quick attack (^B) to meet Firefox, use both quick attacks (quick attack off the stage, quick attack on the stage). This creates (if performed correctly) a vertical barrier that cancels Firefox.
ah, I suppose I should've elaborated to include that...yeah, when you do whatever it was that I mentioned, always intend to aim the second part of the ^B back onto the stage
Pika is amazing though, keep at it =D

AXE 09

Smash Master
i have that exact same pikachu stuffed animal lol. when you press the buttons on it's hands, it says "pikachu!" except.... it kinda scared me a little lol. it wasn't really cute at all

and festizzio always uses bthrow - skull bash, you should've seen him try that on my falco when we faught, i was like wtf!!! lmao so genius

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Skler you noob clearly he borrowed from the advice in the Matchup Chart Thread. Apparently the advice to Nair through Sheik moves with Pikachu is 100% legit. He also made use of ICG's retreat thunder technique and traded it with a needle to combo into Nair Nair Nair Nair because Nair combos are completely inescapable.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I really just hate you all, with a burning passion.
And then love you guys because its funny :-p

toasty

Smash Hero
hahahaha, your love for me was reaffirmed by the fact that you put up with my 2-day-long proclamations of "YO RENO! I HEARD YOU LOST TO A PIKACHU....*runs around venue* WHAT? RENO LOST TO A PIKACHU? DOESN'T HE USE SHEIK??? *runs some more* YEAH AND I HEARD HE LOST TO A PIKACHU HAHA....N64'S TOO GOOD...WAY BETTER THAN RENO"

I lost my voice pretty hard this weekend XD

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
hahahaha, your love for me was reaffirmed by the fact that you put up with my 2-day-long proclamations of "YO RENO! I HEARD YOU LOST TO A PIKACHU....*runs around venue* WHAT? RENO LOST TO A PIKACHU? DOESN'T HE USE SHEIK??? *runs some more* YEAH AND I HEARD HE LOST TO A PIKACHU HAHA....N64'S TOO GOOD...WAY BETTER THAN RENO"

I lost my voice pretty hard this weekend XD
I can't imagine any situation where toasty isn't amazing. :ohwell:

toasty

Smash Hero
the face at the end of is confusing me

are you dissatisfied with the lack of examples of a lack of my amazingness?

XD

also, N64, I love your IRL reactions any time my Ness would combo you hehe, made me feel like I was actually doing something cool <3 [oh wait, Ness? Doing combos other than uthrowuairuairuairuairbair on fast fallers? I'm ****ing amazing.]

Top Bottom