• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, I agree that YBOMBB is like A-tier, at least high B. I always thought that, dont know why so many people here degrade him.

Yeah Red iXi is good with Link and Fox, but his real threat is his Kirby.

And *** Vwls keeps getting better.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
wtf YBOMBB is S-tier... im playing him right now

I'm dead serious he's playing like malva right now. Fast, on-point, knowing exactly what to do at every moment.

And of course he plays a few then leaves

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yea, and it was literally us playing just low tiers lol, but hit me up on the FB group anytime you're on.

and yea I'm sure you're high B also unless you randomly became bad lol.

Also, anyone I've only played once I didn't rank, but don't think I forgot anyone.

@SK, y u only play teams D:
wtf I don't only play teams, I play probably like 60% 1v1s 40% teams

Want me to play you on keyboard ;)? Being meh on controller made me love myself on keyboard, wut /narcissism

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^No. I want to play half *** SK -_____- . Of course you can play on keyboard.

...But you do have to grow up EVENTUALLY if you want to get third at Apex.

and no, you are always playing teams :p

@Skyes, yea I was talking to StarKing lol.

@WOTG, yea bro, Ybombb is on another level lol. He ascended if you will.

Played Boom for the first time since back, and boy was that the usual sobering/humbling/traumatizing experience xD

and it's Taylor Swift people!!! Fuuuark!

Froski

Boss of Bosses
wtf YBOMBB is S-tier... im playing him right now

I'm dead serious he's playing like malva right now. Fast, on-point, knowing exactly what to do at every moment.

And of course he plays a few then leaves
I'd still settle for A-Tier on him.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ybombb probably gets a bad rap because he still has terrible roll patterns.

When you're rolling around the whole match people usually underestimate you. Rightfully so? I dunno. Rolls ARE openings. I'd say that's the only major flaw in his game.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
nvm just playing really bad

Vyvanse makes me focus and see whats going on, but the reflexs and natural instinct of reading people isnt there

serge

Banned via Warnings
>battlecow A tier
>YBOMBB S tier

Ok, now I know for a fact that this thread has gone to crap.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^? da **** are you talking about?

Also, Peek where you at!

I'm pretty sure nobody that's played him recently will disagree with ybombb being A tier lol.

serge

Banned via Warnings
^^? da **** are you talking about?

Also, Peek where you at!

I'm pretty sure nobody that's played him recently will disagree with ybombb being A tier lol.
im talking about WOTG saying that battlecow is A tier and that YBOMBB is S tier...if u believe that then you must be pretty bad.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I said battlecow "could" be a-tier based on his tourney results against Firo, and how well he did against me recently.

And YBOMBB was playing like s-tier, at least a high A when I played him right then. I also later discovered that I've been playing really bad... after finally playing boom and getting consistently 4-5 stocked.... I never do that bad against boom, at least not anymore until today :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol

I thought so when you said when you were playing like an A tier and I was doing well against you on controller but I didn't want to be a JERK so I didn't say anything

okayface.jpg

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't think Ybombb is A-tier

might be the sheermadness effect where he's bad against me for mysterious reasons

He gets a lot of freaking HERO-WORSHIP on the galaxy. Like, more than anyone else except boom/isai. IDK.

star king we haven't played in like 6 months gotta get together again man

Also you owe me $45.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'll take anyone in 12 char... pwn
Only thing I don't like about 12 char is that its usually pretty clear who's going to win once you're halfway through. Too much sample size for upsets lol. Me and reborn had the best 12 char of all time tho. So down to the wire

:phone:

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
lol

I thought so when you said when you were playing like an A tier and I was doing well against you on controller but I didn't want to be a JERK so I didn't say anything

okayface.jpg
Actually no. I was playing like a-tier for the last few days when I was on respirdal only, until yesterday when I started vyvanse for the first day I was playing REALLY bad and couldn't tell. That's why Gav, Moser Roth, NTA, and DaBomb, Ybombb...etc no offense to them, felt harder than usual.

My techskill was on point, but I couldn't instinctly read people so easily like I usually could. I could only respond to what was going on, and people with mindgames and true smash sense were having a good time against me. Hopefully i'm better today, willing to play anyone.
Needs more 12 character battles!
The only problem I have with 12 character battles is with people that only use a selection of characters, especially one character. Just because you win a 12 char battle don't make you overall better, if the characters they play beat you the majority of the time, then more than likely they're better.

It's basically what malva00 said early in the thread, all you have to do is play people for awhile, and it will make sense who's better.

I don't think Ybombb is A-tier

might be the sheermadness effect where he's bad against me for mysterious reasons

He gets a lot of freaking HERO-WORSHIP on the galaxy. Like, more than anyone else except boom/isai. IDK.

star king we haven't played in like 6 months gotta get together again man

Also you owe me $45.
I think its best to judge how hard you have to try against people, because in the world of fighting, styles make fights, it applies to irl sports like Boxing and MMA, I'm sure it applies to even video games like smash. Like player A is better than player B, but player B does better against player C than A does.
But then again that can still be hard to judge... Like I have to try harder against you then most people, because of your style... Your style is really annoying lol. But no one plays as annoying as LD my goodness.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's pretty apparent to me that that's true, the style match-up thing. Like Sheer randomly beats JaimeHR and loses to Battlecow, wut.

I have a theory that people with strange styles or people whose strategies revolve around one specific tactic tend to be polarising in results. And what I mean by that is that they do well against others and poorly against others in ways that don't agree with what people think of the players' skill levels.

I don't know who LD is but now I kind of want to play him now because I wanna see how he's annoying. Ever the masochist, Star King.

Battlecow

Play to Win
My annoying and "cheap" style these days is very different than my annoying and "cheap" style from when you last saw me SK

I'm pretty sure it's better

maybe not that much better, but still

TANK64

Smash Lord
im talking about WOTG saying that battlecow is A tier and that YBOMBB is S tier...if u believe that then you must be pretty bad.
I think Ybombb is A tier.

I've never played battlecow.

/wut

Tank u left me off dat list? I'm sure you just mustve forgotten about me :)

:phone:
1) I don't think I've played you more than once in fake smash.

2) I played you a while ago/wasn't even used to emulator/don't even remember the results xD

I'll take anyone in 12 char... pwn
Nope.

PWND!

The Star King

Smash Hero
^If you want to get mind-numbingly, morale-crushingly dominated hit me up any time buddy

My annoying and "cheap" style these days is very different than my annoying and "cheap" style from when you last saw me SK

I'm pretty sure it's better

maybe not that much better, but still
Where did I say it was annoying

or cheap

or bad

or whatever you thought I'm not sure what you're defending lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
No no you didn't say any of that. I was just INFORMING you since we were talking about ME since I'm everybody's favorite subject.

f'realz

The Star King

Smash Hero
sounds like you're describing Battlecow :troll:

jk just poking at the thing you were reassurring me is different Cow

what is LD's style like lol, you people are making me CURIOUS

Froski

Boss of Bosses
I don't know who LD is but now I kind of want to play him now because I wanna see how he's annoying.

He has that "**** the combos lets laser, wait, grab, do some aerials, then edge guard." play style. He is boring as heck to play, but he isn't hard. I just simply roflstomped him Jigglypuff.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
I slept 8 hours. So you know......i cant really force myself to sleep longer. Plus i posted in the ladder thread a decade ago. So lets get cracking!

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I think Ybombb is A tier.
Impossible. I don't belong on this list, and I can run a little below even with bombb on a good day (or maybe a bad day for him, who knows). Sure, he's beaten me badly at times, but anybody who can't destroy me consistently doesn't belong in the (for all intents and purposes) top tier of online players.

Yeah, I know, vague remarks from someone you don't know, but trust me... I know how good (bad?) I am.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Shame on you guys for even making him curious about LD.

LD rolls about 1000 times a match and I don't think he's ever achieved more than a 2 hit combo. Unless it was consecutive uptilts.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Well... was overall playing better today. At first I wasn't, but then I started to think about stuff, quotes actually.... I thought about what Unknown said to me, "Maybe you're just not use to the meds yet" which made me feel like I could evolve past the problem, and then I thought about what Star King said about that whole subconscious playing and then that made me think about what Peek once said, "Don't think, just use instinct" so I stopped trying to think and just let the play flow and then I was slowly getting my reflexes and instincts back.... Still not fully recovered, like my mind was playing constant tricks on me, it would go back and forth. Throughout matches, sometimes I could focus, sometimes I couldn't... or my instincts would black out and I would be in a moment trying to figure out what to do while losing stocks. Just weird stuff like that. But give me a couple of days and maybe I'll get my A-tier spot. ;)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well... was overall playing better today. At first I wasn't, but then I started to think about stuff, quotes actually.... I thought about what Unknown said to me, "Maybe you're just not use to the meds yet" which made me feel like I could evolve past the problem, and then I thought about what Star King said about that whole subconscious playing and then that made me think about what Peek once said, "Don't think, just use instinct" so I stopped trying to think and just let the play flow and then I was slowly getting my reflexes and instincts back.... Still not fully recovered, like my mind was playing constant tricks on me, it would go back and forth. Throughout matches, sometimes I could focus, sometimes I couldn't... or my instincts would black out and I would be in a moment trying to figure out what to do while losing stocks. Just weird stuff like that. But give me a couple of days and maybe I'll get my A-tier spot. ;)
sounds like inconsistency johns lol

just join the club.

Top Bottom