• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (April 1st, 2015)

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
All the jokes we can expect, man. If they try to pull some DLC joke for Sm4sh, ******* gon' be smacked.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
It's that time, so glad some 1 was grateful enough to give me a 10$ eshop card for getting the dlc for mewtwo
Time to get HYPEEEEE

I really hope that , we dont have to wait until June to pay for him as DLC.

They should release him a week after the people who bought both versions got them.

Also i hope he releases anew dlc character... *Prays* Wolf plz come back.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
It's that time, so glad some 1 was grateful enough to give me a 10$ eshop card for getting the dlc for mewtwo
Time to get HYPEEEEE

I really hope that , we dont have to wait until June to pay for him as DLC.

They should release him a week after the people who bought both versions got them.

Also i hope he releases anew dlc character... *Prays* Wolf plz come back.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
I knew i should have just bought the wii u version even tho i don't have a wii u and just got the code then exchanged it for money after i registered , 3ds and Wii U . Would have been a smart idea.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Mewtwo please. Also Nintendo should totally squeeze in an April Fools joke like have Reggie wear a Mother 3 shirt and not anything regarding it. THAT would mess with people.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
April 1st
>balancing all of the broken tech in smash
>nerfing grenninja to bring him in line with the balances

April 2nd
"the balances to the techs were a joke, there's no balancing incoming, but the nerfs to grenninja were real and stay in place."

Maikou

Smash Ace
Great. Now I get to possibly deal with crying fanboys if Sakurai decides Femtwo should be in. Then again, if that happens, maybe I'll just vanish from the internet for a few years as I laugh at their pathetic cries of butthurt rage. I seriously, truly do not understand why people can't just love both Mewtwos equally like me.

In the meantime, Zelda U anticipation. I hope Link being a righty is just an option that can be changed. Unlike Marth's voice, that's a tradition from all the way back in the first game in a series that's existed for more than two and a half decades.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Great. Now I get to possibly deal with crying fanboys if Sakurai decides Femtwo should be in. Then again, if that happens, maybe I'll just vanish from the internet for a few years as I laugh at their pathetic cries of butthurt rage.
Yeah that butthurt rage that's coming from everybody but you.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
(Regarding the amount of butthurt fans if we get Femtwo.)
Yeah that butthurt rage that's coming from everybody but you.
:4wendy::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4palutena::4peach::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4villagerf::4wiifit::4zelda::4zss:

I agree... there is enough female representation.

I WILL be butthurt if Femtwo is who we get.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ride the Smash Mewtwo Hype Train!!

Asides from that, I hope we will get at least some Starfox tease. We already know it is coming this year (unless it happens the same thing as for Zelda...), so I think they really need to hype the game before E3, especially for such an IP revival.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but April Fools' Day doesn't exist in Japan!

according to Wikipedia

Still a really bad day to release this, though. If they waited just 1 day then there wouldn't be any doubt... :?:

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I really don't want to get my hopes up for anything in this Direct.

Not only because, well, April Fools and all, but because generally, any time I anticipate something to show up in a Direct, it ends up biting me in the ass like an alligator.

So yeah, expectations real low here.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but April Fools' Day doesn't exist in Japan!

according to Wikipedia

Still a really bad day to release this, though. If they waited just 1 day then there wouldn't be any doubt... :?:
Reading the other posts, it'll be April 2nd in Japan at the time of the direct so that makes me feel a lot better

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This is it. We've been waiting with bated breath for two and a half months. Time for us to see just what they've been up to all this time.

Come on, Smash team. We know Mewtwo's close, but what else do you have up your sleeves? Show us something--a character, a stage, alternate costumes, anything--we never saw coming and that we never knew we wanted.

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo looks maliciously at the other Smash characters from atop the moonlight canyon.... Then, suddenly, a shadow appears over him, and Chrom rides in on Ridley!
Happy April Fool's Day

Last edited:

JMeisterJ

Smash Cadet
The japanese boards said that the name of the new Star Fox would be Star Fox Horizon. Let's see if it happens to be true.
here's what I think, IF THIS IS REAL! I WANNA BELIEVE NINTENDO BUT LET'S BE HONEST GUYS, they love jokes. Anyway, Mewtwo Trailer, and if it's like it is most of the time they'll say "Mewtwo is now available after the direct" or his release date, Splatoon RD. Mario Maker, and I think they're gonna announce pokemon yellow 3d for next year since thE games wiill be 20 next year. But that's all I can think of, and maybe more information on zelda wiiu

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Watch there be a reveal for King K.Rool and Ridley as fighters in the Mewtwo trailer for later in 2015, just to further the hype train that's already going full steam ahead.

Nintendo would make buckets of money from the hype alone. :p

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
All I ask is that there is a CGI trailer for Mewtwo, imagine how epic it would be to see Mario, Link, Samus, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, and Kirby encountering Mewtwo in an attempt to stop him. sdfkdkldfgskjldfsl

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
There probably will be a CG trailer, since that's been the norm for new fighters.

'Course, Mewtwo's not technically new, but he wasn't initially in the game, so a trailer seems probable.
Just imagine the hype that would happen if Nintendo pulled a Greninja on us and deliberately made Ridley look as Charizard-like as they could in sillohuete just to reveal it is actually Ridley as a fighter. The hype (and arguments) that that would generate would be electrifying. :p Even moreso if they also reveal King K.Rool in the same trailer.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A Nintendo Direct at 6 p.m. east coast time on the worst day of the year? This should be fun.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Boy, am I excited for more information an the next Fire Emblem and a new Blue-Haired lord character.
:4marth::4myfriends::4lucina:
Heh, the game looks good, though! There's that blue-haired dancer... is she a lord?

Dancer Lord? Dancing with Lords? Lord of the Dance?!

Top Bottom