• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New movements and techs

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I was wondering if there is going to be more than just crawling in the new brawl. One thing i think would be nice i haveing the charcter register differnt if your beside them.

Space/Platform tweak: What I mean is. You know how you can run threw someone. Or jump on or by some one. What would happen if the space was registered diferntly. You can tech off of ledges, ground, platforms. But what if you could tech off of people, shy guys and other things. One way this could be done. I Guess is by softly pressing the trigger buttons. Or pressing them boths together. Then away form the person. I would love to see someone like pika chu or fox. Run at gannon and jump off of his head to get behind him.
*This could lead to team carrys. LIke say u have yoshi. This function would alow people to jump onto yoshi's back.

Direction tweak: What if you could tweak even more moves like you do you tilts. Say links bow for exampls. You should be able to aim it up or down. The same goes for fox's gun and other types of moves.

Grapple: I hope they have a more in depth grapple system. One simple example is alowing u to stop a grab with a grab of your own. Or say they go to throw you down. IF u do the same motion. You can reverse their throw.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I'd rather stick Motionmines on people then use them as a wall (in which case they'd probably fly away as I teched off them).

AlPhAsTaTuS

Smash Rookie
it would be cool if you could use the beam sword and baseball bat in the air

also

if two players run against each other they should hit each other and inflict little damage to each other

fox and falco should be able to run while they ar fiiring with their gun but first they would have to stay still and start firiing

does anyone have more ideas
???????????????????????????????????????????????

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, don't expect very much improvement coming out of the 'top tier' characters. In fact, expect them to get some serious nerfing. (Ex: Ness, Pikachu, and Kirby from SSB64)

BUM163

Smash Lord
i was thinkin the same thing wit the grab system.like if u press b right when the person grabs u,u break it off.also if u manage 2 grab the character from the back u have completely different throws n pressin a direction + b at the same time should b a special throw.but lets see wat these guys can do

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
i was thinkin the same thing wit the grab system.like if u press b right when the person grabs u,u break it off.also if u manage 2 grab the character from the back u have completely different throws n pressin a direction + b at the same time should b a special throw.but lets see wat these guys can do
Thanks cause right now. It seems like if you can do a quick grab. Theres nothin you can do to get out of it. besides wilgle out. And even then that only works if they try and hit u.

Zink

Smash Champion
There's a reason this is Smash and not Street Fighter or Virtua Fighter.
They're different games and should not share such elements.
There's also a reason we have a common set of rules for grammar and punctuation.
It's to improve readability and comprehension.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I would want a better sheild, more character specific sheilds like Yoshi's egg, instead of that pink bubble being used

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
There's a reason this is Smash and not Street Fighter or Virtua Fighter.
They're different games and should not share such elements.
There's also a reason we have a common set of rules for grammar and punctuation.
It's to improve readability and comprehension.
This discussion has nothing to do with gramar are Street Fighter lol. Anyway street fighters a great game. So is smash. What im sayin about the melee grab system. IS that its not fair. You can defend against combos, projectiles and other stuff. But when it comes to a grab. After you have been grabed is over. Don't you think chain grab is a little broken. To be able to grab somebody 20% or more no matter how they di. I just think they should allow some defence in puts to stop this.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
I really like the whole making characters act the same way as environment idea. It would open up a new level of depth in team battles, definately.

As for counter-grabs, I'm not so sure about them. Smash, like some one earlier stated, has some unique elements to it. Replacing those with things found in generic fighters takes a notch off of the original feel when playing Smash.

Just my 2 cents.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Yes that would be nice. Air smashes. Air grabs. Air grabs would be disgusting. Hopefully you can til all sorts of b moves even more in the air.. Samus does charge blast straight at the ground.. Mario does a basebal slide under shot. And reflects it off his cape as if he was doin the matrix.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
It would be interesting but would be hard to balance out all of that for each character.

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
yoshido, your original idea was ... pretty much the best idea ive ever heard on this forum, that is: treating players like terrain.

I honestly think that this addition is just WHAT needs to be done to the Smash series. It would increase the gameplay 10fold.

Just dont digress from your original thought, no one posting really understands what you are saying...

Baelen

Smash Cadet
i'd feel bad for the characters with poor hops, though. bowser would be nothing more than a big, flaming brick if luigi and fox were around. of course the ignorant people/noobs would complain about being wall-jumped off of... "oh my god, your foot didnt even touch me!!"

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well you could balance it but it would be hard to make this much game play but like say with bowser you'd have to do it off his front because spikes on the back, see what i'm saying that might balance it a little.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
possible....but nintendo always seemed to be as 'user friendly' as possible, something they pride themselves on. and adding too many complexities and specifics seems to get in the way of the fun: smashing crap. being able to pick up a controller (preferably a gcn one) and play is something i will be looking forward to.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Well, of course that's what Nintendo is going for but think about what they've been doing lately. If you've played through twilight princess then you should have noticed a more mature tone than what Nintendo is used for. Some of the parts in that game were definitely for hardcore only. Nintendo seems to be reaching out to all markets with the Wii so I wouldn't expect them to not add a move because it's too difficult to do. Some of the people I play with didn't know about the air dodge until I showed them it. Also, Link's hookshot onto the stage is something barely anyone who isn't really into the game knows about. So, Nintendo can go ahead and make Brawl so it appeals to both the casual gamer and the hardcore.

Yoshido, your idea is pure genius though. I really like the idea of that. Especially if say Ganondorf was starting up his warlock punch and I run right at it and bounce off of his head at the last second. That'd be online hilarity. Hahaha, I really like this idea a lot.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
Well, of course that's what Nintendo is going for but think about what they've been doing lately. If you've played through twilight princess then you should have noticed a more mature tone than what Nintendo is used for. Some of the parts in that game were definitely for hardcore only. Nintendo seems to be reaching out to all markets with the Wii so I wouldn't expect them to not add a move because it's too difficult to do. Some of the people I play with didn't know about the air dodge until I showed them it. Also, Link's hookshot onto the stage is something barely anyone who isn't really into the game knows about. So, Nintendo can go ahead and make Brawl so it appeals to both the casual gamer and the hardcore.
true dat. I havent played tp yet, but i've read enough nintendo powers and heard enough about it to know that Nintendo is distancing itself from its not-so-self-proclaimed "kiddie label". It seems anything's possible with this game, since most of what we have right now is pure speculation......

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
hmm bowsers shell would act as a defence. Unless you come down vertically on a horizontal spike. it will nudge you. like a lilttle bit weaker than yoshis stars.

Eaode

Smash Champion
The first idea is brilliant. Teching and jumping off of people would make the game alot deeper and awesome....er. And to those that say brawl is supposed to be simple, why would they limit themselves by that? They didn't tell us about teching, or walljumping, or link/samus' hookshot to the stage. Why should they exclude something just because someone in a vegetative state can't do it on the first try?

Anyway, back to the topic. This would add another HUGE dimension to team battles. and IMO, it would be awesome. You see your teamate being smashed off the stage, you quickly jump in the way, and he can tech off you. And imagine the 2v1 walljump combos.....

Lastly, however, there should be some side effect to the person being teched off of. He should probably absorb 1/4 of the techer's momentum or something....

All the other ideas in here I dislike.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I like the momentum idea. Say ur partner is running right. You wall jump off of him. Giving you a jump that 20 longer than your full jump or somethin. Or it could just propel you faster. Another thing that would be nice is jumping off of each other at the same time.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Teching off characters is probably the best idea I have ever heard for smash. And yea, for team battles this would be amazing.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
If there was teching off people, it'd have to be a split-second thing to jump off them, otherwise you're pretty much throwing the coolness that is Jigglypuff out the window.

If people are like terrain and people only ever bounce off others, how the hell would Jiggly ever land her Rest, the move that makes Jigglypuff Jigglypuff? I can just foresee that; take away Jiggy's Rest, and there'll be an outcry as loud as if not bigger than when Kirby got royally shafted in Melee...

Jiggy's not that godly that she deserves that kind of treatment.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
rest would still work. Whenever shes touchin the opponent. THe eye hitbox would still hit since they where in the hit box when it was activated. Thats why ur able to sheild the rest. And dodge it too.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
if anything, wouldnt rest be a defense against teching? they come at you, expecting to use you as a trampoline, and instead get blasted halfway across the stage...

i wonder how fighting master hand would change if this 'tech-off-people' idea actually came to frutition

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I like the "tech-off opponents" idea too.

I have a simple tech idea. Tech jumping. The same way you can wall jump from a tech, you should be able to do a jump from a ground tech. Tech and jump. Tech backwards and jump. Tech forwards and jump. It'd discourage tech chasing.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Wow who ever mentioned the air grab idea is awsome. I can already see it.
Two people in the air, one grabs them and totally power bombs then into the ground.

Hell yeah.

Top Bottom