• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
My house. BRING SNACKS/DRINKS IF YOU WANT THEM. Also, setups. I'm not going to make an outside setup unless people want it when they get here, too much of a ***** and i'm too lazy to do right now. Going to do errands. should be home by 12:30, so early birds can come around then if necessary. Do you need a ride walker? Fest will go until very late since no work tomorrow.

Dekar173

Justice Man
There is a fest today?

Where?

EDIT:
Amazing job Dekar, and I must say.

HOLY **** at Stevens match against that mario at first.
Ya, fest at Nolan's and blah details have just been posted by him himself lol.

I've got work from 330-630, but I'm definitely down for a fest. This way, Molly can do her project and I'm not bothering her haha ><

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I guess Fluxus isn't as terrible as the internet loved to make him out to be... then again... he DID lose to a Diddy on Norfair. CO must not have discovered the way of the PLANK, yet.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I guess Fluxus isn't as terrible as the internet loved to make him out to be... then again... he DID lose to a Diddy on Norfair. CO must not have discovered the way of the PLANK, yet.
Hi px, long time no see. I just don't play like a *** most of the time, the only manner where I play gay is use of my tornado. I don't plank, maybe I should start though.

About losing to Diddy on Norfair, I beat him in winners on that stage, and somewhere along the lines in that match, I was just getting ready to give up because I knew I couldn't beat him in another set. I wasn't sandbagging, I just wanted it to be over, he was the best player there anyway. He deserves to win. Anyway guys.

www.youtube.com/smashcolorado

Some vids are up. Feel free to check them out. I'll upload the remaining videos in the coming days.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, you are too optimistic. I'm going into this E3 skeptical of Nintendo. They've disappointed me each year for the last 3 years. Let's hope, for their sake, they don't **** **** up.
I can see last years, but I'm not sure how you could have disliked the last few years. That, and Nintendo has repeatedly stated that they no longer are using E3 as a place to launch big news, so we may or may not hear anything good. Punch-Out!!, Sin and Punishment 2, Wii Channel download 4.0, et.c all came after E3, after all.

Otherwise, it'll be a pretty sweet E3. I'm looking forward to all the projects of real devs.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, actually. And if Nintedo doesn't show up with the good, I expect the whole thing to fail. Last years was just having the Big 3 show us video footage that has been on sites like IGN for months, and ultimately offering nothing new. GoWIII being announced was nice, but not unexpected. FF13 going to the 360 should have been seen a mile away. And I don't expect much more from M$ or Sony this year. I actually think the PS3 might have a strong showing, bu the forecast for the 360 looks bleak. And Big N is a mystery, as usual.

It's about the fact that they have been doing stupid gimmicks zelda games for too long now. The classic elements that made zelda zelda are slow dissappearing. We have lost characters in the story to an extreme degree, we have lost magic power, we are starting to lose mirror shields, the magical insturments, so many things that were classic to zelda, yet we aren't reciving much in return except for being forced to move around with the stylus (Seriously, you shouldn't have to move around with the stylus)
See, I find this interesting, because Twilight Princess was accused of being TOO MUCH like OoT/older Zelda games. Ultimately, there's a wide range of opinions on what Zelda games should be like, but as long as the story, puzzles, and dungeons are there, nothing is lost. Nothing is known how the train will work, but I will bet anything it's basically like a boat on land-it should add or take away anything from th game, really. Plus, I treat all handheld Zelda differently than the console ones, so no harm done. There admittedly was a very good feel with OoT and MM that I don't think has (or ever will) be recaptured, but maybe that's a good thing, so as to prevent the series from going stale.

As for magic, I have mixed feelings about it. I'm sad that it has been absent in TP and PH, but at the sma etime, I don't feel that I miss it, as it never had much use. I want magic back, but only if they find a better system for it.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
im looking foward to japanese next year, that way i can understand **** like muscle march XD

as for zelda- oot was a step in the right direction, but it was limited in terms of what link can do. tp exxpanded on what link can do but there were to major problems in tp: 1) WAY to easy, i cleared that ish in two days without a guide and 2) too many of the items and idea weren't expanded upon. the spinner, gale boomerang, epona, and that magic wand thingy (where you could control statues) became useless (like bryan) after a certain point in time. plus the enemys were braindead, and even if they did hurt you could go anywhere in hyrule and find a treasure chest with a 100 rupee in it and buy enough health potions to hold a red potion kegger. i hold the next zleda is surpasses tp and oot in everyway.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Nintendo has been very underwhelming the last several years... Releasing a few good games here and there, but overall, there isn't anything to look forward to. There was Twilight Princess, which I was excited for, but in the end it fell short. Prime 3, which is a great game, but couldn't compare to Prime 1, and is completely devoid of its Metroid namesake. And finally Galaxy, which (thankfully) is really the only exception... There were a couple other games littered here and there, but none of them are special in any way...

Oh, and where has Nintendo been on the DS front? Last I checked, Nintendo hasn't published a good DS game in years. Yes, years...

Where's F-Zero, dammit!?

Sony on the other hand, has been releasing several big titles every year... It's awesome. They keep a good number of top level developers under their belt, so I can always expect A+ titles. And that's just first party.

And for the 360 owners, Microsoft really has to pull through at this E3... There hasn't been a real big launch for a while, so Major Nelson's followers will surely see some big new IP.

With the plethora of great multiplat games coming out on 360 and PS3, it's just a non-stop slew of fun times.

Really, the best thing about this E3 will be announcements from devs who are starting new IPs. Retro, Bungie, Team Ico, etc.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Nintendo has been very underwhelming the last several years... Releasing a few good games here and there, but overall, there isn't anything to look forward to. There was Twilight Princess, which I was excited for, but in the end it fell short. Prime 3, which is a great game, but couldn't compare to Prime 1, and is completely devoid of its Metroid namesake. And finally Galaxy, which (thankfully) is really the only exception... There were a couple other games littered here and there, but none of them are special in any way...

Oh, and where has Nintendo been on the DS front? Last I checked, Nintendo hasn't published a good DS game in years. Yes, years...

Where's F-Zero, dammit!?

Sony on the other hand, has been releasing several big titles every year... It's awesome. They keep a good number of top level developers under their belt, so I can always expect A+ titles. And that's just first party.

And for the 360 owners, Microsoft really has to pull through at this E3... There hasn't been a real big launch for a while, so Major Nelson's followers will surely see some big new IP.

With the plethora of great multiplat games coming out on 360 and PS3, it's just a non-stop slew of fun times.

Really, the best thing about this E3 will be announcements from devs who are starting new IPs. Retro, Bungie, Team Ico, etc.
nintendo has had LOTS of good things. you just havnt tried it.

No More Heroes
Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles
Mario Kart(very luck based but still fun as hell)

Future good games:

super punch out
The conduit
Tatsunoku vs capcom(yes its officially coming here)

theres SOOOOO many. give thema shot and accept change. if you cant, then go back to boring ps3/360

Hey Everyone,

We are looking to get your feedback, your thoughts, and better understand you as a member of our community.

Please take a minute to fill out this brief Survey.

Click Here

Thanks! And as a added bonus one ultra lucky grand prize winner will receive 1 Billion Pride Points Paid out in High Fives (Ok haha, this may or may not happen but yeah do the Survey)

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
nintendo has had LOTS of good things. you just havnt tried it.

No More Heroes
Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles
Mario Kart(very luck based but still fun as hell)

Future good games:

super punch out
The conduit
Tatsunoku vs capcom(yes its officially coming here)

theres SOOOOO many. give thema shot and accept change. if you cant, then go back to boring ps3/360
lawl.

1. Keyword: Nintendo. I know there are a couple decent 3rd party titles out on the Wii, but the point being, Nintendo hasn't been releasing much content.

2. I bought my Wii for the SOLE purpose of playing NINTENDO games. er... GOOD Nintendo games. But there has been almost nothing of that sort.

3. There's not 'SOOOOO many'. There's barely any 3rd party support that isn't in the realm of shovelware or 5 year old ports.

4. Change is bad. Nintendo's change is like, well, it's like this:

5. There's nothing boring about the PS3/360. They are consoles that provide entertainment that the Wii cannot... Maybe you should stick to playing your boring Wii, that way you don't encroach on my funtimes.

/elitist

Xyro77

animal crossing
fire emblem
tales of symphonia 2

the list goes on. i just think you are too picky

tekkie

Smash Master
On one hand, PS3 has Little Big Planet (which is like the only redeeming factor going for it.) Xbox360 sucks unless you still like Halo. Wii has Mario Party and Mario Kart going for it (not to mention Brawl).

I guess they all suck. At least with a Wii you can still play Sonic Adventure 2, Kirby Air Ride, SSX Tricky, Super Monkey Ball, Bomberman, and Crazy Taxi. EDIT OH AND COOKING MAMA HOW COULD I FORGET COOKING MAMA

The only other benefit of a PS3 is Katamari.

Xyro77

guilty gear accent core
dbz t 3( or is it at 4 now?)
Castlevania Judgment (which really isnt that bad if u give it a shot)
Mad world
House of the Dead: over kill

tekkie

Smash Master
guilty gear accent core
dbz t 3( or is it at 4 now?)
Castlevania Judgment (which really isnt that bad if u give it a shot)
Mad world
House of the Dead: over kill
They all pale in comparison to the shimmery, untainted euphoria of Cooking Mama.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
You guys are very misguided... lol, I'll discuss the gaming industry with you guys, in person.

If I were to list out the GGs released on either of the other consoles, it'd dwarf the Wii's certainly laughable library.

EDIT: Am I arguing with casuals? Seriously?

Dekar173

Justice Man
August, you weren't even around for the glory days of the SNES, so I wouldn't expect you to understand what "good" games are.

Not to mention the fact that the PS3 and Xbox games (being that they're losing their developers due to their position in the console market) being developed will pale in comparison to the wii within the next two years.

Then again, if you've got more than one system, why care so much? You've got the best of both worlds.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=665847

Victory.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the fest Nolan :) Sorry I didn't say bye when I left, and I'm sorry we didn't touch *****.

All right, here's who we have confirmed for SWAT:

1. Walker btw happy late birthday :)
2. Davis btw do we know how Danielle did?
3. Casey btw I have yet to read Year Million
4. Neil btw can you make me a neil sig?

If you are going, ensure to bring hygiene equipment (particularly deodorant for myself), SLEEPING BAG AND PILLOW (at El Paso), lots of money, controller and console would be nice too (reduced venue fee). That's all that comes to mind.

MY SMASHFEST:

It will be the regular smashfest. I've finally decided the best time - 1 pm, starting Thursday, May 21. I REQUIRE THAT PEOPLE LEAVE BY MIDNIGHT, as the people leaving to SWAT will be departing my house after that time. Everyone should bring money as we might just leave for food before midnight.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
That's just your personal standards not being met, which isn't a good way to judge how a VG company has been doing. Conversly, I liked all 3 of those games, so our opinions cancle. We thus rely on game-ratings and sales, which have been very positive for all 3. And you're missing quite a few games there, bud.

And where were you when MP DS, NSMB, PH, FE: Shadow Dragon, Kirby Sqeak Squad, Pokemon D/P/Plat, Yoshi's Island 2, Kirby SSU, AW: Day of Ruin, AC:WW, etc. etc. were released? Years, as you said, implies more than one, and all of those came out in the last 2 years. And those are only the ones I personally consider "good." Not to mention, we were just discussing the up coming Spirit Tracks...

Where's F-Zero, dammit!?
F-Zero Z has been a registered domain name for half a year now, so it may be in the works. Pateince, it's likely to come.

Really now? Now that's interesting...care to mention even 3 Sony games that are worth anything? Because historially, Sony does VERY little developing, and not much of it is worth much. Perhaps you are confusing 1st party with 3rd here (or most likely 2.5 parties), because there's not much worth mentioning beyond Killzone2, Drakes, and Resistance. Just throwing that out there.

I kinda find it funny that your grouped the PS3 and 360 seperately, because they are nearly one in the same-90% of any good games that comes out on one, comes out on the other. And so far, the 360 has been ****** the PS3 in exclusives-there's a reason why the 360 is outselling the PS3 after all, 360 is just a cheaper PS3 with better games (also with a 33%+ RRoD rate).

But the biggest thing I'd like to point out is that you forgot a VERY important factor in your multi-platform equation-PCs. Those 90% of games worth getting on the 360/PS3? Almost all of them are available on the PC. Which is why I own just a PC and Wii-it's all anyone needs.

True that, new IPs are always the best. I 'm looking towards the new IP Borderlands myself, as well as Boyonetta.

2. I bought my Wii for the SOLE purpose of playing NINTENDO games. er... GOOD Nintendo games. But there has been almost nothing of that sort.
Just about every main series has gotten a very good addition to the line-up; only Star Fox, F-Zero, and Pikmin are missing by my count, and at least 1, possibly 2 of those are in the works.

3. There's not 'SOOOOO many'. There's barely any 3rd party support that isn't in the realm of shovelware or 5 year old ports.
Completely true. HOWEVER (as I will point out next) I believe the few gems for the 3rd party Wii vastly outshine the dreck that is the 3rd party line up of the other two.

If I were to list out the GGs released on either of the other consoles, it'd dwarf the Wii's certainly laughable library.
See, this is my main gripe, because I'd have to ask you what you considr "good." But the vast majority of the 360/PS3 owners consider Resistance, Drakes, MGS4, Halo 3, GoW2, CoD4/5, UTIII, RS:LV, etc. If you cant see the pattern yet, these all have something in common: "shooters." That's all both of those libraries are, are shooters. Which I guess is fine if that's what you like, but no one could take that much of the same genre without being bored. And that's the thing-just about all of those games I listed are GOOD, just amazingly interchangeable. Compare that to the variety and zanyness like Boom Blox, NMH, MadWorld, Trauma Center etc., and you basically have conformist bore-fests vs fun variety. We can point of non-shooter examples like SF4 and Oblivion all we want, but that's 5, maybe 10% of the game library.

And on top of that, shooters play better on the PC always. And since we established that virtually every good 360/PS3 game is on the PC and very likely a shooter, it makes owning either a 360/PS3 quite redundant in my book.

Not to mention the fact that the PS3 and Xbox games (being that they're losing their developers due to their position in the console market) being developed will pale in comparison to the wii within the next two years
Which is why I'm always vastly more excited about what Nintendo has to show rather than the other two for one very important reason-they are a GAMING company first and foremost. They build unique products, build them correctly (no RRoD or DREs here), and actually MAKE games, and **** good games. When you watch a press conference for the other two, it's not Microsoft or Sony you care about-they do nothing. It's the 3rd partys. So at this point, I can expect anything announced for the Wii, be it from 1st or 3rd party, will be unique and worth my time (obvious shovelware mini-game crap not included).

tekkie

Smash Master
You guys are very misguided... lol, I'll discuss the gaming industry with you guys, in person.

EDIT: Am I arguing with casuals? Seriously?
I don't play many of the hueg OMGGAMES that come out. (See: the FPS/occasionally other games that come out and everyone likes for about a week.) Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Overlord, and FEAR 2 weren't anything awesome and worth nothing more than the effort it takes to torrent them all. Which is why

I own just a PC and Wii-it's all anyone needs.
is also legit. Download the PC version of a PS3/360 game, play through it, get bored, delete it.

The only game I intend to buy in the future is any Kirby title for the Wii, when it finally happens. Anything else that isn't **** can be found used on the internet or played on an emulator. Edit: Or is called "Cooking Mama".

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
Terminator Salvation kicked massive ***! Saw some gay *** smashers there. You guys like it? and the smashfiesta is today in like 15 min ago?

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
August, you weren't even around for the glory days of the SNES, so I wouldn't expect you to understand what "good" games are.
On the contrary, I grew up with an NES. I own pretty much every good game to come out on it too. And while my SNES no longer works, that doesn't mean it's a system I passed up. Most of my favorite games are on it, including my all time favorite: Super Metroid.

Not to mention the fact that the PS3 and Xbox games (being that they're losing their developers due to their position in the console market) being developed will pale in comparison to the wii within the next two years.
The only developers that are falling out are the ones who were either A. In a major financial situation prior to the economy's death. or B. Lazy-***/crazy-*** *******s. See 3D Realms.

Then again, if you've got more than one system, why care so much? You've got the best of both worlds.
Pretty true, though some console combinations are better than others.

As old as this is, it's still hilarious.

That's just your personal standards not being met, which isn't a good way to judge how a VG company has been doing.
No, it's not. My standards are the company's previous standards. Nintendo USED to be good, now they suck. This is because they've abandoned almost everything that made Nintendo a great, fun-producing company. All I see now are games that try to cater to ***-wipes.

Conversly, I liked all 3 of those games, so our opinions cancle. We thus rely on game-ratings and sales, which have been very positive for all 3. And you're missing quite a few games there, bud.
I can see why you liked MP3, TP, and Galaxy, they were top-notch games. I also like the games... But that doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed. I didn't name any other games, because as far as I'm concerned, they don't exist.

And where were you when MP DS, NSMB, PH, FE: Shadow Dragon, Kirby Sqeak Squad, Pokemon D/P/Plat, Yoshi's Island 2, Kirby SSU, AW: Day of Ruin, AC:WW, etc. etc. were released? Years, as you said, implies more than one, and all of those came out in the last 2 years. And those are only the ones I personally consider "good." Not to mention, we were just discussing the up coming Spirit Tracks...
Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit... But you must agree, Nintendo really should back up the DS more. Besides, half of those games were mediocre, even though I bought all of them.

F-Zero Z has been a registered domain name for half a year now, so it may be in the works. Pateince, it's likely to come.
Hopefully. And hopefully Nintendo doesn't bend it over and ***-**** it. F-Zero has been a series for core gamers, if they **** with it even in the slightest to keep it open to casuals, I'm going to give up.

Really now? Now that's interesting...care to mention even 3 Sony games that are worth anything? Because historially, Sony does VERY little developing, and not much of it is worth much. Perhaps you are confusing 1st party with 3rd here (or most likely 2.5 parties), because there's not much worth mentioning beyond Killzone2, Drakes, and Resistance. Just throwing that out there.
I never said Sony develops GGs, even though they do have a couple decent studios, I just said they release GGs. And in most cases, they publish 2nd/3rd party games, so stop nit-picking...

If you'd take the time to just glance at Sony's lineup...

I kinda find it funny that your grouped the PS3 and 360 seperately, because they are nearly one in the same-90% of any good games that comes out on one, comes out on the other.
Not true. 90% of the 360's library is either multiplat or not worth mentioning, but the biggest draw of the PS3 is its exclusives, which make up a larger portion of its library.

And so far, the 360 has been ****** the PS3 in exclusives-there's a reason why the 360 is outselling the PS3 after all, 360 is just a cheaper PS3 with better games (also with a 33%+ RRoD rate).
EL OH EL. The 360's exclusives don't hold a candle to PS3's exclusives. What world are you living in? The 360 may be cheaper, but I'm willing to bet that in the end you spend more money on it that you would on a PS3.

But the biggest thing I'd like to point out is that you forgot a VERY important factor in your multi-platform equation-PCs. Those 90% of games worth getting on the 360/PS3? Almost all of them are available on the PC. Which is why I own just a PC and Wii-it's all anyone needs.
Once again, you short-hand the PS3's exclusives, which you cannot buy on PC, whereas 360 exclusives are usually available on PC. See how that works?

True that, new IPs are always the best. I 'm looking towards the new IP Borderlands myself, as well as Boyonetta.
Borderlands is looking great, indeed.

Just about every main series has gotten a very good addition to the line-up; only Star Fox, F-Zero, and Pikmin are missing by my count, and at least 1, possibly 2 of those are in the works.
Not necessarily a 'very good addition' but an addition nonetheless. Star Fox has been gypped out of a GG for over a decade.

Completely true. HOWEVER (as I will point out next) I believe the few gems for the 3rd party Wii vastly outshine the dreck that is the 3rd party line up of the other two.

See, this is my main gripe, because I'd have to ask you what you considr "good." But the vast majority of the 360/PS3 owners consider Resistance, Drakes, MGS4, Halo 3, GoW2, CoD4/5, UTIII, RS:LV, etc. If you cant see the pattern yet, these all have something in common: "shooters." That's all both of those libraries are, are shooters. Which I guess is fine if that's what you like, but no one could take that much of the same genre without being bored. And that's the thing-just about all of those games I listed are GOOD, just amazingly interchangeable. Compare that to the variety and zanyness like Boom Blox, NMH, MadWorld, Trauma Center etc., and you basically have conformist bore-fests vs fun variety. We can point of non-shooter examples like SF4 and Oblivion all we want, but that's 5, maybe 10% of the game library.
PSN/Live Arcade games are just as 'zany' and original as any of the games you list. I'm not going to refute the awesomeness of MadWorld or NMH, but they hardly make the Wii worthwhile.

And on top of that, shooters play better on the PC always. And since we established that virtually every good 360/PS3 game is on the PC and very likely a shooter, it makes owning either a 360/PS3 quite redundant in my book.
Which is why I'm always vastly more excited about what Nintendo has to show rather than the other two for one very important reason-they are a GAMING company first and foremost.
I don't think Nintendo considers themselves a gaming company anymore. They are hardly interested in releasing good games. Miyamoto has gone off the deep end. 90% of the content Nintendo releases IS going to be casual. Even something like Sin & Punishment 2 is going to get the casual treatment. Once you realize that Nintendo isn't Nintendo, I think you'll move on and be happy about it.

They build unique products, build them correctly (no RRoD or DREs here), and actually MAKE games, and **** good games. When you watch a press conference for the other two, it's not Microsoft or Sony you care about-they do nothing. It's the 3rd partys. So at this point, I can expect anything announced for the Wii, be it from 1st or 3rd party, will be unique and worth my time (obvious shovelware mini-game crap not included).
And what's wrong with relying on 3rd parties? There doesn't have to be some sick company-loyalty going on, just people realize that when they buy a PS3/360 they are going to get lots of good games. The same cannot be said with the Wii. The Wii has hardly any 1st party support, and its 3rd party support is lacking...

Once again, Nintendo has failed to produce enough GG material to be worth my time. I don't know how you could possibly trust them after what they've done in the last 2 years. It's heinous.

I guess the difference between me and you is simple. You can tolerate, even enjoy being **** on (because this is what Nintendo is doing). While I require some civility.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think you are very stubborn when it comes to games, August. You say you'll play anything, yet you criticize everything, and the second you learn that a game you almost have complete interest in is pay to play online you instantly reject it outright no questions asked. That seems a bit ridiculous.

Danielle failed... but she tried, I tried, and you tried. Thanks for your help again, Neil. Someone stole the four dollars you gave me for gas -.- I hate people.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Also, for those that don't own it already, TF2 is free this weekend. Starting today. Go download it!

I think you are very stubborn when it comes to games, August. You say you'll play anything, yet you criticize everything, and the second you learn that a game you almost have complete interest in is pay to play online you instantly reject it outright no questions asked. That seems a bit ridiculous.
I will play anything.

But pay-to-play is something I'm completely against. You shouldn't have to pay for Live. I shouldn't have to pay for MH3's online. Simple as that.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
You're basically going into a bakery and asking for a cake without wanting to pay. They need the money for the materials. If they can't get the materials you can't get your cake.
No, I walked into the bakery and paid for the cake, but now they want me to pay a fee every hour until I finish it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you guys are talking about any MMO's, private servers exist for a reason. Otherwise, you're out of luck if you want online but aren't willing to pay to fund the servers (bandwidth and server maintainence cost quite a bit August :D)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Actually, a better metaphor would be it's like wanting to pay to get a game, but not wanting to pay to keep the servers for the game up, or upgrading them. But I suppose that's just greedy, wanting to improve the online conditions and keep the games stable for thousands of users simultaneously, while working on bug fixes and improvements.

And Nintendo is what it always has been: A company. The purpose of a company is to make money. I don't like many of the decisions they've gone with, but insulting them on the internet isn't going to change anything.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Z-man's right-this is looking too much like a gamefaqs debate. However, some things must be pointed out to drive my point home.

Once again, you short-hand the PS3's exclusives, which you cannot buy on PC, whereas 360 exclusives are usually available on PC. See how that works?
What exclusives are worth that much, though? The games worth getting for the PS3 are also on the 360 and PC-Fallout3? Bioshock? FEAR? UTIII? CoD4? GTA4? etc? The PS3, and all Sony platforms in general are VERY multiplat dependant. Obviously, I'm not saying neither the 360/PS3 have exclusives not worth mentioning, because they do (the 360 too, as your rose-tinted glasses seemed to have overlooked many of those)-it's just that they don't really justify the purchase, especially since most of them fall very flat (Mirror's Edge, Lair, Heavenly Sword, I'm looking at you). And they even fail on the multi-plat area, as the PS3's overly difficult developing process delayed many games like Bioshock, games that actually had better framereates, played better, etc. on the 360, a less powerful system.

Like I said, there's stuf worth getting, but there's a good reason the PS3 is squarely last with the least games sold.

PSN/Live Arcade games are just as 'zany' and original as any of the games you list. I'm not going to refute the awesomeness of MadWorld or NMH, but they hardly make the Wii worthwhile.
We shouldn't have to look there to get said creative games, though. Not to mention, VC and WiiWare just cancle that out.

I don't think Nintendo considers themselves a gaming company anymore. They are hardly interested in releasing good games. Miyamoto has gone off the deep end. 90% of the content Nintendo releases IS going to be casual. Even something like Sin & Punishment 2 is going to get the casual treatment. Once you realize that Nintendo isn't Nintendo, I think you'll move on and be happy about it.
Ok, are you high? What ARE they, then? That's ALL they do. Sony and M$ could afford to have their game divisions evaporate overnight, because they AREN'T true game companies, rather multi-media congomerites, which often hurts their porducts (the reason why the PSP is such *** is that it tries to do too much INSTEAD of just being about games). You're just either very paranoid or picky-MP3, TP, SMG, etc. weren't casual, why would we think F-Zero or other would be? And how the hell do you make S&P2 casual?

My issue isn't that you have a problem with Nintendo, because they, and all the others, could afford to change things for the better-it's that you seem to be VERY selective abou what is "bad" while fellating Sony. Why does SONY get your attention? You say Nintendo isn't about games anymore-when has Sony EVER been? This IS the company that said "Our customers would buy the PS3 not matter the cost," had to be SUED into fixing their DRE error problems, and have deliberately made the PS3 expensive NOT for the benefit of gaming, but win the format war of Blu-Ray vs HD. It boggles mine mind how you could think a company that has saved and made gaming what it is today is heading in the wrong direction is worse than one who continues to say "We don't give a **** about our ******** customers" on a daily basis.

And what's wrong with relying on 3rd parties? There doesn't have to be some sick company-loyalty going on, just people realize that when they buy a PS3/360 they are going to get lots of good games. The same cannot be said with the Wii. The Wii has hardly any 1st party support, and its 3rd party support is lacking...
*facepalm* Any first party support? If anything, that's what's holding it together! Go look at release dates for the big 1st party games for the 64, GC, and Wii-the support is the same fricken thing. And the problem with an over-reliance on 3rd party support is that it's unrealiable (the amount of FPS games now prove this) and doesn't (or shouldn't rather) sell consoles. It became clear at the end of last gen that console exclusive 3rd party games were a thing of the past-because of this, I will never need to buy a PS3, because all the 3rd parties are multi-plat (and now that FF13 is multi-plat, that's GG, Sony). It's Nintendo's first party that makes me buy their consoles, because those games cannot be found anywhere else. In fact, it's the 3rd parties who have made the Wii look bad, as they rather make get-rich-quick games than actually put in the time and effort. Similarly, the 360/PS3 3rd parties just copy & Paste the same game over again, with different wallpaper. I'm actually disapointed with 3rd parties in general more than anything.

Once again, Nintendo has failed to produce enough GG material to be worth my time. I don't know how you could possibly trust them after what they've done in the last 2 years. It's heinous.
They have innovated the market, expanded the user base, provided updates to just about all their 1st party games, build reliable products, and don't have games that cost $60. Compared to a $599 machine that is not ment to be focused on games. Is Nintendo perfect? No, and I will never make that claim. Are they better than the other two? By VAST amounts. Serious, WHAT have they done in 2 years that was so bad?

I guess the difference between me and you is simple. You can tolerate, even enjoy being **** on (because this is what Nintendo is doing). While I require some civility.
The only ones getting **** on:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bull****

A better answer would be that my head is screwed on straight, and that I don't have contradictary standards and expectations. Seriously, like what you like, but get the facts straight here, because you're really just shooting at air at this point. Or at least explain how I'm getting **** on, because I got a working system with good first party games-I need nothing else.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Double post is double-Zman, you'll have the wait for Jt and I to **** you and Saltie's nostrils, cause I don't think either of us are going to the fest-we're Brawled out. I played for like 6 hours just the other day.

Oh and yes, Salvation was pretty awesome, I was surprsided. Also, I have 520 hours on Brawl-Christ! Also, *****

Oh and Daivs, you need to come out of the woodwork more. And you need to show me Dokapon Kindgom. And we need to have a 50 turn mario Party fest. Also, dickssssssssssssssssss.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No, I walked into the bakery and paid for the cake, but now they want me to pay a fee every hour until I finish it.
Touche.

If you guys are talking about any MMO's, private servers exist for a reason. Otherwise, you're out of luck if you want online but aren't willing to pay to fund the servers (bandwidth and server maintainence cost quite a bit August :D)
Actually, a better metaphor would be it's like wanting to pay to get a game, but not wanting to pay to keep the servers for the game up, or upgrading them. But I suppose that's just greedy, wanting to improve the online conditions and keep the games stable for thousands of users simultaneously, while working on bug fixes and improvements.

And Nintendo is what it always has been: A company. The purpose of a company is to make money. I don't like many of the decisions they've gone with, but insulting them on the internet isn't going to change anything.
That's what I'm trying to say. You are being an unreasonable customer if you expect a group to devote so much manpower into that without throwing five dollars or so their way.

Oh and Daivs, you need to come out of the woodwork more. And you need to show me Dokapon Kindgom. And we need to have a 50 turn mario Party fest. Also, dickssssssssssssssssss.
Dude! Yes. Everything I've ever wanted and more. I still say we need a Mario Party tournament.

Have you heard of... hard mode?

Top Bottom