• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

I'll show you combo. :p

Hey guys, what's up? It's been a long, long time since I've been in here. I hear the scene's not too bad these days. I guess I'll have to find out, if people would ever quit holding tournaments on Sunday. Or hold another smashfest.

You're not healthy Davis? That doesn't sound too good. Whatever is going on, get better soon mate.

Also, I agree with whoever doesn't like Helios. He doesn't sound like a very nice person.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i wanna do the editing for the nm combo video! i need some more movie editing experince.

oh that reminds me i think im gonna enter in a film festival doing a documentary of a smash tourny. so someone needs t hold a tourny before the 6th of april so i can do this ish.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sorry Z. I wanna do the editing. Just something personal. If you want you can make a Brawl combo vid and I'll do the Melee one. That way we both can. And a documentary huh? That means keep the swaring down a notch lol.

Hey Erich. Missed you ;)

tekkie

Smash Master

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
@Kyle and David: Are you guys really going to make a state combo vid? Seriously?

Sorry, but everytime someone in NM says they're going to record and post, they rarely do.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
LOL PAUL!!! (hey it rhymes)
your post basically copied mine
you just made my tl;dr version
i'm still suing for copyright infringement though :p

~ERICH~ whats up you sexy badass!!!
btw your mom was so generous last night in bed...
she even offered to invite her sister
god it was one hell of a party ;)

Just kidding to both of you, of course. This is me attempting to make jokes :urg:
It's really really pathetic; I know.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Just kidding to both of you, of course. This is me attempting to make jokes :urg:
For some reason, I imagine that you really made the :urg: face. And now, all I can think about is how hilarious Neil would look making that face. In fact, would I be wrong in assuming that I've actually seen you with the :urg: face before?

:urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

tw1n

Smash Champion
@ZMan. Let me know when that tournament is so you can have some good looking people on camera ;) Lol but seriously. You can throw together a brawl vid. I just am passionate about a melee one.

@Paul - Hell ya I'm serious =D I want to and I plan to. We just need to have a smashfest so I can get a bunch of raw data for it. If anyone has a digital camera, we can connect it to the TV and record the matches straight to it

@Neil - Lol does not rhyme with Paul... You need to spend one day with me and Kyle and we'll teach you jokes... not just your mom jokes either :D

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
~ERICH~ whats up you sexy badass!!!
btw your mom was so generous last night in bed...
she even offered to invite her sister
god it was one hell of a party ;)

Ok Neil half of what makes a joke good is its setup. in your case your joke had no setup. It was just thrown out there. not only was it not funny but it was pushing offensive. I know you had only the best intentions of a good mom joke, but this one failed on the next level of fail. It was so horrible it made me want to take up smoking because in comparison it doesn't seem so bad. You see Neil you need to have some form of a setup. And that can be with a stupid comment someone made (much like yours just now) or when they say something that just sounds dirty you throw out a good mom joke. And of course you have to have a good or great comeback to any mom joke someone says about you too. Like in this case my immediate rebuttal would have been "Well i was up all night and I didn't hear her make a noise. in fact it was only your high pitched girlish scream I heard. I'm guessing she invitied her sister because she was so bored she couldn't bare it any more."

Another strong point, burns have to be delivered fast and have sting to it. if it was in person I would have found a means of shortening that down a notch. but since it's online I'm ok. And Neil, your mom is so disgusting not even 007 wants to touch her, and that guys slept with everyone. Even Captain Falcon!

Hey meow sorry we missed ya. I was just too busy with work and building a shed for my gf's parents. next time you come down I'm there ^_^
And yeah Dekar's diddy tends to **** face >.> haha

Erich whats up!? Need your number bro. new phone lol.

And yes Paul and everyone else who has doubts, we are actually going to try this combo vid out. if none of you guys can help out with vids or whatnot then it will winde up just being me David Wraith and some other UNM guys who aren't too good, and that will take major editing to make it actually look good. So instead lets get some people with skills in this thing k.

oh and Neil tell your mom to stop calling me, you please that woman one night and she never leaves you alone >.<

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Ok Neil half of what makes a joke good is its setup. in your case your joke had no setup. It was just thrown out there. not only was it not funny but it was pushing offensive. I know you had only the best intentions of a good mom joke, but this one failed on the next level of fail. It was so horrible it made me want to take up smoking because in comparison it doesn't seem so bad. You see Neil you need to have some form of a setup. And that can be with a stupid comment someone made (much like yours just now) or when they say something that just sounds dirty you throw out a good mom joke. And of course you have to have a good or great comeback to any mom joke someone says about you too. Like in this case my immediate rebuttal would have been "Well i was up all night and I didn't hear her make a noise. in fact it was only your high pitched girlish scream I heard. I'm guessing she invitied her sister because she was so bored she couldn't bare it any more."

Another strong point, burns have to be delivered fast and have sting to it. if it was in person I would have found a means of shortening that down a notch. but since it's online I'm ok. And Neil, your mom is so disgusting not even 007 wants to touch her, and that guys slept with everyone. Even Captain Falcon!

Hey meow sorry we missed ya. I was just too busy with work and building a shed for my gf's parents. next time you come down I'm there ^_^
And yeah Dekar's diddy tends to **** face >.> haha

Erich whats up!? Need your number bro. new phone lol.

And yes Paul and everyone else who has doubts, we are actually going to try this combo vid out. if none of you guys can help out with vids or whatnot then it will winde up just being me David Wraith and some other UNM guys who aren't too good, and that will take major editing to make it actually look good. So instead lets get some people with skills in this thing k.

oh and Neil tell your mom to stop calling me, you please that woman one night and she never leaves you alone >.<
You'd think the joke guide would be funny but... >.> yyyyeah

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
The infinite is limited to 5, because for some reason people love the saying "don't get grabbed" when the game's mechanics don't allow for that :O
A copyand paste of the rules set for genisis. I don't see limited to five for CGs. It just saus banned. Were you thinking planking?

Spoiler bacause it's really long
-3 Stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock):
--If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
--If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game
counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
-Stalling is banned.*

*:Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

*Vote*
-Pictochat
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
-Matches will be 3 stock
-5 Minute Time Limit
-Set format will not be used; each Player will play every other opponent a total of 2 games
-Both game's stages will be chosen via Random Stage Select (unless stage can be agreed upon by both players). Each player will be given 1 Random Reset which he/she can use for either the 1st or 2nd game.
-Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on # of entrants and # of players in each pool, but will be at least 2 Players advancing per pool.

I think this is sarcasm, because these are the first posts I've had in, like, months. O_o
I've been told sarcasam is hard to read on the internet.

How is everyone doing? I'm sicker that pewee hermin at a six-year-old's birthday party. I'm happy I can post without coughing up mucus.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
It wasn't a guide for normal people tho. Neil... well he needs to be taught from ground zero as opposed to everyone else who knows the basics at the bare minimum
yeah my brother summed it up pretty nicely. Neil is always a special exception (sometimes good and bad). My guide there was meant to be more like an idiots guide to joke telling or the kamasutra for telling your mom jokes. It's not meant to be funny just like the kamasutra is not meant to be used for other purposes than educational. Anyone that has seen the kamasutra or has heard more about it knows that it is highly educational and less provocative. My brief guide to mom jokes is meant for the same purposes.

Wow, this just made my day Kyle. I'm set for a week with that one, lol.

My number? Sure. It's 328-4871. :)

A combo video sounds kinda fun, I guess. The last footage of me playing Melee was something like two years ago, heh. Also David, what time do you guys work at Long John Silvers? I might come in for lunch during school sometime.

Jordan249

Smash Rookie
Any of you ******s need Math tutoring?

Also, my Diddy only really "*****" when I get momentum. Don't give me momentum :o

So, Ninja Monkey 6-12pm for 12 bucks, plus a few live DJs I think. Neato =o

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Goyf- dang. well next tourney I'll go all out on you.

@Ax- well yeah, but I meant friendlies. ;) you and I did really bad that game. us and our suicides. lol

@Overgames- fun Wifis :D

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
So do you guys need to carpool for HOBO? I have a lot of friends in Dallas, so I'm definetly going, and have room for 3 more. Maybe 2 more if I decide to bring my gf.

But yeah, also, someone throw a tourney for me. I need to get good enough to top 16 this tourney.

tekkie

Smash Master
So do you guys need to carpool for HOBO? I have a lot of friends in Dallas, so I'm definetly going, and have room for 3 more. Maybe 2 more if I decide to bring my gf.

But yeah, also, someone throw a tourney for me. I need to get good enough to top 16 this tourney.
Is that the huge tournament April 10th?

I'd consider going.

tw1n

Smash Champion
A combo video sounds kinda fun, I guess. The last footage of me playing Melee was something like two years ago, heh. Also David, what time do you guys work at Long John Silvers? I might come in for lunch during school sometime.
The only morning I ever work is Sunday morning. But stop on by lol. And bring Paul and Everett. They live on the westside so drag them over. I get bored at work pretty easily so some entertainment is always nice.

And the combo vid thing we may start filming over out spring break. Gotta figure out a good time tho. Thats why I mentioned an all nighter. Plenty of time for everyone to get good combos in.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Smashfesttttt?

@Ax- well yeah, but I meant friendlies. you and I did really bad that game. us and our suicides. lol
Between those, my amazingly bad tripping and your controller problems, I believe a rematch is in order.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Hey you guys, have you ever heard of AiB (All is Brawl) its a very cool site I go alot to test my skills with other ppl. I think you guys should check it out, I think you well injoy it if you play alot of online like I do. What it does is, you find a fighter in the chat, you do one fight, then you or your opponent can counter pick. Fight again, then you send the results to the All is brawl staff, and they give you ranking on how many times you won and lose, its really cool. Check it out you guys. Come check out my profile lol http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Chefman.ai

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
lolololol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-kGtEr1oo

Double Falcon should be tourney legal.

EDIT: I was going to comment on your grammar and spelling, Chefman, but I saw you like MGS. Which in my book, equals super win.
Ya, if you where to know me long time, you would know my grammers sucks ***, and my spelling. But thanks for your comments on MGS profile, I'm a huge fan of that game lol.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
lol I just woke up

Anyways, since it looks like no one else is going to, I might be able to hold a smashfest today. I know, last minute. However, I don't want to hold one unless enough people show interest.

Show of hands...who's interested.

Call/text me at 505-270-1131.

If I do hold one just be prepared. My brother just got a new dog a couple months ago. So it's not going to be that clean at my house.

Top Bottom