• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
anyone wanna come over to my place? Send me a pm and post in this thing if you want to. we could do like a mini smash fest.

Also, good news, my TV does not lag :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
They said that if 15 or more people come, they will do cash.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Is there perhaps a link to the thread listing that tournament? If you guys wanted, I might be able to get a carpool going with 4 or 5 of us there (depending on when it's going to be of course... Oh work =/).

Also, I'm running another tourney at Ninja in the next couple weeks, how many of you guys would be up for it? Also, what would your votes be on the pay-in? Stay at 10, or up it to 15? I'd like to get 32+ at least so the pay-out for top placers could be respectable and worthwhile, not to mention having a bunch of people that actually play brawl around is fun as hell.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
well we are going to co next weekend. so I'd be interested, if it is on the weekend. I have school >.<

Dekar173

Justice Man
CO next weekend on what days? Tourney occurring? :o andddd hmmm... 16th would probably be the best day in that case. I'll have to discuss with everyone and get some stuff going :o

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Dekar173, I would be interested in the tourney your hosting. IM my profile for the day it is on and the price. I may have two other friends who might be interested.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Yeah, some of us are going to be at a CO tournament August 8th-10th, but I would definitely be up for another Ninja Monkey tourney any weekend after that.

As for the Play N Trade tournament, I'll probably end up going regardless, but a carpool would be amazing.

Yea man, the 16th is fine. I would keep the price at $10 too. Any more for a simple local tournament is probably just a little too much.

I really have no idea what you guys are talking about with this mini tournament though, so I'm gonna have to read back a page or so to figure it out. I'm tired.

I might take a little hiatus from the boards. In fact, I'm seriously considering taking a hiatus from Brawl for a while. It might do me good. But then again, I'm so tired right now I can barely stand up after I sit down. Sorry if I disappoint.

Erich out.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Well ****. Wish I could go to the tourney this Saturday, or the one in CO for that matter ~.~ ****ing work.

Tourney 16th, Ninja Monkey again, gonna try and get as many people as possible so we can just have a nice old "shindig"

What's everyone's opinion on a friendly no-pay item tourney after the 1v1's and 2v2's ? Pay-in suggestions? Who has a wii/possibly an extra TV they could bring in? :D

Also xion it's for the 16th, probably at 6PM for 10-15 dollars singles pay-in (most likely 10) anddddd it's at the Ninja Monkey on Montgomery and Juan Tabo.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Also xion it's for the 16th, probably at 6PM for 10-15 dollars singles pay-in (most likely 10) anddddd it's at the Ninja Monkey on Montgomery and Juan Tabo.

Alright, sounds good. I'll be there, but is it really at 6pm?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ok, 3-4pm??? Or even noon if everyone would be up for it, gimme some opinions on what time frames would work so I can get this going and to work out for all of us ;D

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also, I think I'm going to be taking a day off for the tourney Saturday, anyone wanna carpool?? :p and by carpool I mean I'll drive.

Dekar173

Justice Man
lol xion no discounts for tournaments that'd be unfair to everyone else >:o I can ask the people who own the building what they think about that though and if they'd be willing to give you anything for it. Not promising anything though <.<

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
And also, Youtube is being lame for uploading videos :(

it has been over an hour for a video that is an minute and a half.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So, the roster for the car is as follows.

My Dad
Me
Erich
paul
Davis
Kyle
Steven
EMPTY SPOT

Hey Johnnylaw, you wanna just carpool with us and save some money?

What you need to bring. A Small backpack with your clothes and everything, a sleeping Bag. And your wiis.(5 =$ discount from CO.)

Gas is looking like it will be 30$ per person.
And Zenjamin is awesome.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you guys could manage to get my place by 11:00ish, to 12:00ish, on the 8th, we will be leaving when my Dad gets back from work,(he took lunch off, and everything after off.) we will leave. If you guys can manage to do this, try to only leave two cars here. So, can steven bring Davis, and Johnny, you can just drive down to my place.

6144 Agate Avenue 87120 Albuquerque, NM

We will be leaving from there.

No swearing, and be very kind to my father.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
It's not amazing, but they're making a concious effort to get better and posting videos for evaluation, I don't care how low-level their play is, they don't deserve to be flamed.

I'm sure I'll get SCIV at some point. I have yet to decide which platform though. I'm leaning toward PS3, its controller is far better for fighters, it's much quiter than the 360, and it's got Darth Vader.
Only problem is you'll be the only one with the Ps3 version.

Also, his friend didn't come here looking for critique, he did. Just saying I didn't critique him because I didn't want to watch the videos, albeit a lot more harshly.

I'm a huge fan of Soul Calibur. So I'll be getting SC4 for sure.
'Tis an awesome game. I need to stop playing the **** Star Wars characters.

Yea man, the 16th is fine. I would keep the price at $10 too. Any more for a simple local tournament is probably just a little too much.

I really have no idea what you guys are talking about with this mini tournament though, so I'm gonna have to read back a page or so to figure it out. I'm tired.

I might take a little hiatus from the boards. In fact, I'm seriously considering taking a hiatus from Brawl for a while. It might do me good. But then again, I'm so tired right now I can barely stand up after I sit down. Sorry if I disappoint.

Erich out.
Speaking of the 16th, that's my birthday :0

I've been interested. As soon as I get SC I challenge you. Anyways, since Jason and the rest of X-Topia is really into SC, I'm sure they'll be holding tourneys for it.
I don't know. Depends on how good the scene is. We'll see.

Kirbys not in Sou Caliber=/

And they aired the same SC4 commercial 3 times in a row for some reason on TV. Its gotta be a sign. I drooled each time.
That's obscene. At least it was a good commercial :)

And also, Youtube is being lame for uploading videos :(

it has been over an hour for a video that is an minute and a half.
When that happens you need to cancel the upload and re-upload it, though I'm sure you figured that out by now.

So, the roster for the car is as follows.

My Dad
Me
Erich
paul
Davis
Kyle
Steven
EMPTY SPOT

Hey Johnnylaw, you wanna just carpool with us and save some money?

What you need to bring. A Small backpack with your clothes and everything, a sleeping Bag. And your wiis.(5 =$ discount from CO.)

Gas is looking like it will be 30$ per person.
And Zenjamin is awesome.
Cool.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Slight change of plans.

We won't be staying with Zenjamin he lives an hour and half to two hours away from the venue. So we booked a motel for the nights we are staying. My Dad is paying for it one night, and us the other.

So, 30$ for gas, 12$ for motel, 15$(if you bring a wii.) for registration, 10$ for singles.

That is 67$, if you want to do doubles its 77, and I don't know about the crews thing.

Just bring about a hundred dollars, to cover food, and everything.

42$ for gas and motel is good though. It has a breakfast thing too. It is also walking distance from the venue.

What I do need now is, Send me your guys's phone numbers, so I can give them to my Dad. Also, send one emergency number just in case.

Lets destroy Colorado.

EDIT: Also, I just found the NVGA supercon vids.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/226644.html

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
I NEED TO KNOW WHEN WE ARE COMING BACK!

67$ Sounds ok. So I will bring 100$ to cover everything.

I am so anxious to play again. ajsdnkenf i cant take the anticipation!

Top Bottom