• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I say community because it seems like some people don't care about friendships. :(
But maybe I'm just a stupid, worthless, person who causes needless drama.
Some /=/ all.
Do you really feel unwelcome when you come to a fest?

and watch as the little winged **** isn't banned.
It's funny because we aren't supposed to discuss the results of the poll on the brawl boards LMAO

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
They just took it down while they privately consider it. Several of the BBR-RC members are still posting the results to the public.

Napos

Smash Ace
75% for meta ban? awesome. They need to make the right decision, and get Brawl back on track.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
1. I am hosting a fest Saturday, right?

2. I've been a student of biochemistry at UNM for nearly two years now, and I'm ashamed to say that so far, I've only learned of one worthwhile cutting-edge idea. Basically, you play a game trying to fold proteins. The method you use (to maximize your score) is recorded by the computer, and these human techniques can eventually teach computer software better ways to model protein folding. Researchers are using those gains in artificial intelligence RIGHT NOW. Yes, you playing a game is directly feeding into the scientific literature. **** yeah.

3. Casey, I just discovered YOUR HILARIOUS THREAD. And, of course, in the extremely enjoyable hour I spent reading every post, I discovered Niall's equally hilarious replies. Allow me to showcase the highlights:

People seem to be not understanding what I'm saying (which happens when you can't read good and stuff and need to go to a school to learn to read good and other stuff).

This is not me demanding that anti-trip be the new standard. This is me suggesting that anti-trip should be a choice on set-ups at tournaments, whereas the Unity Ruleset suggests ABSOLUTELY NO "game-changing" hacks.
I'm going into my 4th year studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Kentucky, English is unimportant to me because I would rather make lots of money.
Removing tripping ****s with game balance in a way that cannot be allowed.

At a certain point, the game stops being Brawl. It becomes something else.
Diddy main trippin' about tripping
so far, NOT A SINGLE PERSON has run out of the venue crying when they found out some of the wiis have disabled random tripping and that it was an option for participants to play on

TELL YOUR LOCAL TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER EITHER "REMOVING TRIPPING TURNS THIS GAME INTO MARIO PARTY AND I WILL NOT ATTEND A NO-TRIPPING-OPTIONAL TOURNAMENT" OR "GROW A PAIR AND MAKE ANTI-TRIP AN OPTION IN TOURNAMENT HOLY CRAP HOW CAN PEOPLE EVEN ARGUE ABOUT THIS"
Overall, DEFINITELY the funniest exchange I have read online in months :laugh:

tekkie

Smash Master
i'm going into my fourth year of mechanical engineering at a *real* school and i'm not illiterate

(hence my writer status :troll:)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
That is a rather hilarious thread, I must admit.

And I am anxious for the Neilfest this Saturday. :)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, reading that thread made my head hurt. Why are brawl players usually so adamant in not improving the already horrible game. They are arguing that no tripping makes it an entirely different game? Well if they like luck randomly causing favor to one player and not the other...

Then they start arguing G&W's judgment hammer. They don't seem to see a difference when a player acts on their own will to test their luck with a single attack as opposed to luck constantly occurring whenever a player moves their character. Sigh, at least if the player who used judgment hammer gets screwed then it's their own fault... I just can't see somebody blaming them if they got screwed over for moving.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Fest today starts at 1 pm.

Bring your own controllers, sticks, games, consoles, tvs, power strips, chairs, tables (those three items especially if you want to move stuff out to my backyard, which I encourage), money, snacks, booze, women, and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, crazy weird tourney party hats :lick::lick::lick:

1. mom's not here so you guys scream delicious crepe, ornamental drape, genetically modified grape, etc.
2. you decide when the **** it's gonna end (you can get wasted, crash on the carpet, wake up tomorrow morning and keep playing sf) just don't ****ing throw up or else you get to clean it up
3. i've invited two random scrubs, and you guys should bring other random scrubs too

4. someone pick up tekkie from socorro
don't forget nolan and beave from their new place

JESUS CHRIST i have great expectations for this fest ;_;

tekkie

Smash Master
NMT Super Smash Bros. Brawl Charity Tournament - Results:

1: Tim Alaska (split) :sheilda: :toonlink:
1: Spencer C (split) :dedede: :gw: :rob:
3: Jordan K :dk2: :rob:
4: Jon E :ike: :marth: :falco:
5: Andrew B :mario2:
5: Matt B :wario:
7: ♥♪!? :ike: :zerosuitsamus:
7: Tim S :link2:
9: Ben Turtles :gw: :diddy:
9: Leo :pikachu2:
9: Jacob B :bowser2:
9: Ned :luigi2:
13: Amber :peach:
13: Whit :random:

bracket image

[i didn't enter, just played friendlies with everyone :awesome:]

^that's some refreshing character diversity :D

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
See Neil? This is why you don't overhype fests. You get unprepared and do stupid ****, like deleting your Melee memory save.

Nevertheless, I had fun unlocking Melee characters LEARNING STREET FIGHTER ****.

Napos

Smash Ace
How does one get the writer icon?

and how was the **** fest last night? Neil you sent me a text inviting me but I work sat nights, gosh I thought you were my friend. You should've known. I still love you. How can I forget our moments of love during genesis. I.E. you holding me in your arms, yelling as mango and armada played.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is going to be on campus tomorrow at 5 I've gotta shoot a scene for this class film thing. I need a bunch of people to throw confetti and water baloons, hit eachother with foam swords and jump/tear cardboard boxes in a craze. If you're available, we're gonna be meeting by the blue fountain past the SUB where the Kiva would be to your right and the stairs to the plaza/zimmerman on the left. let me know if you can make it!

Iria

Smash Rookie
I've got some good news. The UNM Anime Club will be hosting another Brawl tournament (singles+doubles) on Saturday November 12th. However, due to the time constraints (we only have the SUB ballroom venue until 4:30PM) we must start the matches by about 10AM. If we go over on time, we will need to relocate (e.g. if the grand finals happens to go over time). We haven't decided on the prizes yet, but they can't be cash (possibly gift cards are ok).

tekkie

Smash Master
I've got some good news. The UNM Anime Club will be hosting another Brawl tournament (singles+doubles) on Saturday November 12th. However, due to the time constraints (we only have the SUB ballroom venue until 4:30PM) we must start the matches by about 10AM. If we go over on time, we will need to relocate (e.g. if the grand finals happens to go over time). We haven't decided on the prizes yet, but they can't be cash (possibly gift cards are ok).
i'll totally try to be there :D

also, lanfest, are people like wanting to go and stuff?

Napos

Smash Ace
BIG NEWS, SADDENING....BUT BIG.

I will be moving to California at the end of the year to pursue my film career. I am excited for this new change and playing all those socal smashers on the daily. I will miss all of you, I will do my best to attend each fest and whatnot...so yes I am down for devastation if its not too late, I can prob get those dates off. Let me know peeps

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
1. wait
what have you guys been doing on my wall
i'm so confused

**** Facebook ;_;

2. Victor :(
I'm going to miss the breathtaking contradiction between your manly visage and your tender, nurturing embrace. I wish you the best in California. Seems like NM now has lost a number of players to that budgetary mess of a state.

Looks like now I have to host a fest in YOUR HONOR! But it won't be this weekend, it'll be a non-devastation tekkie weekend, one that won't be on a Saturday so as to not conflict with your work.

3. That's pretty ****ing amazing, Steven. definitely trumps my pseudo-intellectual biochemistry bull****.

4. By the way, there's an upcoming event which I KNOW some of you guys will be interested in. Remember those good old walk-a-thons you did back when you were a kid, raising money for whatever charitable cause?

Well, this Saturday, October 15, starting at 8:00 a.m., there will be a 24-hour video gaming marathon. The process is similar; you get sponsors to donate $1/hour. Proceeds will benefit the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals nationwide, and UNMH is a participating member. I don't understand exactly how the sponsors validate your hours, as I think you actually do the marathon from the comfort of your own home.

Anyways, you can find the nonprofit website here: http://www.extralifeforkids.com/
You can download two informational flyers too:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QPUH4BW0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1U7LRFY

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and neil and goel and

Top Bottom