• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Actually Rockmix is bumming a ride and he lives pretty close. So you could probably tag with him if you weren't leaving
Hmmm...maybe possibly. It's not too far away, right? I'm going to the dance though, so probably not. :/ Alas, free money...you will have to wait.

Steven post...how to top that? You can't. 'Nuff said.

TEKKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU POST THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Worst. Song. EVER.

tekkie

Smash Master
lanfest:

1-deekawr :marth::diddy:
2-kashakunaki :wolf:
3-meta knight :metaknight:
4-jt :rob::marth:
5-jt's funny looking friend :pit:
5-joa5000(tekkie) :lucario::snake::wolf::marth:
7 or 9 or 13 or something - Armsageddon :falco::peach:
7 or 9 or 13 or something - THEBADBARON :metaknight::falcon:

31 entrants

^tentative, i.e. IIRC

i actually won more matches with lucario and snake than anyone else lol

tekkie

Smash Master
i am so upset at everyone below 3rd place
for the record

-bottom half of the bracket was dekar iria and THEBADBARON!!!11! top half was me jt ax and kash. bottom half was so free.
-jt's marth got meta knighted
-ax's pit got meta knighted
-i lost to jt and kash; didnt play ax iria or baron in bracket
-we had 2 setups. one was on a laggy TV. they didnt let us use my wii, which sat in a bag to the side the entire tournament. we also couldnt use gamers anonymous TVs because, well, **** us i guess
-kash was on ****ing fire

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I fourth a fest

Actually, I can host. If people wan to, they can come over in an hour

Plz tell me if you are coming though, I have to clean up if people are coming

Zack is hosting, I need a ride there. Communication is cool

Iria

Smash Rookie
That tournament was soooooooooooooo long. I never imagined a 7 hour tournament, for which between hours 4 and 6 I had no matches, and then 4 matches in a row lol. They only had 2 Wiis for a 30 person double elimination, best of 3 games, 10 min time limit per game tournament. Furthermore, they were very lax about keeping the tournament on track, there were several 10 minute breaks, along with many times people waiting for an opponent (due to a CSS tournament going on). Overall the tournament was run ok, BUT they really should have used a 3rd Wii and been more aggressive with starting matches on time. GGs to all who participated.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
So I've read the last few pages of this thread, recognizing that the gap between my last fest and my second-to-last fest was two weeks ago and my last post was over two weeks ago. I have to say pretty much everybody in that period of time has posted something that made me LOL hard. Especially Steven. No matter how much ****ing win that post was, nevertheless it was quite mean. Then again, I'm just thoroughly jealous. :glare:

Time to activate multi-quote mode again.

I'm the only New Mexico Melee player left.
Sadly, I accept this as true. Sometimes I stay up so late at night that my brain plays tricks on me and I eventually believe, after being so delusional and sleep-deprived that I see pink spiders crawl up my walls, you're more of a melee player than me, Light, Paul, Erich, Steven, August, Ronald, Kyle, and David combined :cry:
To be fair, accidents and things outside of your control can still occur. I might still have a working ps3 if Poseidon hadn't led a sea of horses through my house and over my console.
Agreed wholeheartedly. Look at my poor Wii. I never abused that thing. Some other mythological god certainly ran a trainwreck on that innocent piece of trash. And it's clear that I take very good care of my stuff
especially my laptop
coward:):):):):)
tremble
umm hi?

So who wants to go to Genesis 2 XP
There was a fest at Zack's house (gasp!) Saturday evening, and at one point during that fest, I mentioned that you all know my policy on out-of-state tournaments. Well I conveniently forgot to have ever expounded upon that policy at length, so let me do so now ;)

WARNING/ATTENTION/DISCLAIMER/CAUTION: I'm going to take this seriously because I'm going to delineate promises which I am 100% committed to. So be forewarned, a wall of text follows. I make seemingly outrageous claims that I am willing to follow through on, so please excuse my hardcoreness :):):)

Neil's Policy on Out-of-State Tournaments

Article I: Definitions

A. Out-of-state (OOS) tournaments are defined as any video game tournament that occurs outside of Albuquerque in a specified radius.

1. When I say "any video game tournament", I mean for any video game. If you all want to go to ****ing Salt Lake City for a Killer Instinct tournament that has no melee involved whatsoever, then it's fair game.

2. The radius is specified as follows. It cannot be less than two hours away from Albuquerque, or else it is not considered an OOS tournament and thus follows a completely different policy. Thus, a tournament is Los Lunas is NOT OOS while a tourney in Las Cruces is most definitely OOS.

3. Furthermore, a tournament which is generally considered unacceptable for driving to is not OOS. Thus, Pound VI (if that **** ever happens) is not OOS and is inappropriate for this policy. Genesis 2, though, is considered appropriate for driving in my eyes. I suppose the cutoff is a 15 hour one-way trip. This is flexible, though. An elastic clause, if you will.

Article II: Provisions

A. My vested interest in the tournament does not matter. In other words, as implied by the provision that any video game is allowed, I don't care why you guys want to go. If it's not a tournament and some of you Smash World Forums members decide on a whim to go to Six Flags in Houston, it's fair game. I find this scenario highly unlikely, unfortunately.

1. However, there exists one exception to this apathy. I will not extend this privilege to illegal/pointless activities. For example, I will not take you guys down to Mexico to smuggle narcotics. Neither will I indulge you in activities that pose an unnecessary burden to me.

2. Just because I continue to fall out of this scene and attend less and less fests does not mean I am any less likely to attend tournaments. Nor am I any less likely to have fun on weekends I am available, which includes OOS touranments.

B. I will only extend this privilege if I am available during the expected time period. Needless to say, I am a moderately busy person and I alone judge my availability. My availability is deeply intertwined with my personal interest: if I say that I'm busy during the weekend of Genesis 2 yet you know that I'm not, then that simply means I am uninterested and you need to convince me to go spend money I don't want to.

C. This whole policy only applies to me taking my own vehicle. If I am being invited to an OOS tournament because a spot is available in someone else's vehicle, then only provisions IIA and IIB should be considered.

D. Perhaps the most important provision: You must pay your fair share of money to me for this trip. That means you need to pay gas fare (if it's an activity I'm interested in myself, then I'll pay my share of gas money) and the fair share of any other unwanted expenditure that I am responsible for. If I am expected to stay in a hotel, then you better pay both your and my share of the night's cost. I'll only pay for my own food.

E. I don't care about who else wants to go in the car with me. I really, seriously do not.

F. I really don't care about where we end up. I just don't want to die.

Article III: Conclusions and Examples

A. If I am free that weekend, if the activity is meaningful, and if I am willing to spend whatever money is needed, then it is likely that I am able to go. If I still display disinterest about this trip, then it is your responsibility to persuade/convince me otherwise.

B. Let me offer some illustrative examples.

1. If, on some arbitrary weekend this summer, I am free, and nobody else but Walker wants to go to a magic the gathering convention in Wyoming, then I am happy to take him and only him, provided that he pays our share of gas money (the entire cost for the round trip) and housing costs for the both of us.

2. If, for some spiritual endeavor, Josh wants to go to Louisiana and survey the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina 6 years later in New Orleans, I'll be happy to take him. Of course, I assume that nobody else would want to go and it'll be just the two of us, and he'll completely pay for the total gas and housing cost.

END OF DOCUMENT

Yeah, I'm ****ing serious. Get at me :awesome:

tw1n

Smash Champion
I read the first small part and then skipped to the end. At which point I became very confused and proceeded to beat my girlfriend savagely with a popsicle stick.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Neil you're massively dumb I never need to worry about magic trips because I have tons of friends with cars who care about that. Use Brawl as a better example

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Would anyone like to split gas/hotel costs to go to Evo in my car?
Where and when is EVO? And for what games? I did a search for information regarding EVO but I didn't come up with any results. Closest I came to was Revolution which is a March 26 tournament... not sure if that is what you were referring to.

Top Bottom