• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* matchup discussion week #2: Snake!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You need to mess up snake up close but don't let him bait you into anything.

Snake can out camp Falco.

Get Snake off the stage or into the air and try to keep him up there.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Snake can out camp Falco.
Yep, I still think this.

A decent amount of people seem to disagree, but Falco has to shoot so many lasers just to make up for ONE grenade from Snake. It's definitely a close camping game, but Snake has a lot more room to gamble with camping since he doesn't die and kills so well. Falco on the other hand dies early and can't kill, so a few bad reads during a camp-off and he's screwed.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yep, I still think this.

A decent amount of people seem to disagree, but Falco has to shoot so many lasers just to make up for ONE grenade from Snake. It's definitely a close camping game, but Snake has a lot more room to gamble with camping since he doesn't die and kills so well. Falco on the other hand dies early and can't kill, so a few bad reads during a camp-off and he's screwed.
I agree, Falco has a lot more to lose from the camp off than Snake is he screws up. How can he screw up? Letting a grenade in his proximity. If grenades are fresh then they can kill and Falco is pretty light. Most mid level Snakes believe that they fall to laser camping but smart grenade usage can get around a lot of hairy situations (not just Falco either). You just have to play super patiently. If you go into this match with the mindset to time out even better. Get Snake off the stage and take advantage of his bad aerial game. Snakes are very vulnerable from below especially. Seriously you have time in this match up lol

Don't rush it.

Top Bottom