• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Marth Tech- Shield Breaker Bouncing

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
You can easily get hit with this if you do it the way shown in the video, it is much better if you use your dj after your fair when you di.

this gives you more time to charge SB

very useful if done this way.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
ame will live up to it's seemingly high potential.

Credit to BarDulL for showing me this. He deserves most of the credit, all I did is publicize it in the MBR and make a video + this thread.

Thoughts and/or Comments?

I DID IT FIRST

WHERES MY CREDIT!!!!

<3 nick

etecoon

Smash Hero
somewhat skeptical about practical use in recovering because it's barwl, and AT's in barwl tend to be that way, and it seems as if you have to be extremely high up to really gain much unpredictability out of this, but this *looks* extremely interesting at least o)_O and it does seem like it'd be fairly useful if you get knocked up high in a juggling situation

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Be using it in friendlies today.

It completely alleviates Marth's issues of 'getting back on stage' after a heavy hit (i.e. well di'd kill move) as he just kinda flies over [the stage/ledge/opponents] faster than what other characters can keep up with.
It's just amazing no one ever thought of doing another shieldbreaker straight after a fully charged one... LOL.

It's definitely got it's best usages on Final Destination.

Over all it's a technique that isn't overly complicated, but supports a good player who can DI well. Find uses for it, and use it, when appropriate. Voila.

It's a bit too LOLTASTIC on Jungle Japes if you get hit high up...

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
It's great, I tried it out in some real matches on the weekend and it was pretty useful. There's even use for it when it's not fully charged as it still gives you a boost; just enough to confuse the opponent.

I did mess up one time though, I went in a Z motion and my opponent Snake did his Mortar, yeah, I got *****, lol.

lolgrec

Smash Cadet
lolmortar, i hate snake, i still don't understand what makes him have advantage over marth but yeah i tried this against my friend the other day and it works pretty good for friendlies, shaya's right in saying that no one can keep up with the speed of it, which makes it good for recovery and teh mind gamez!

Top Bottom