• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Link Technique! The Bomb Hog

Apples

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this might make Link top tier. At LEAST high tier.... and it's so simple.

Pluck a bomb, face the edge, and flick the c-stick down to chuck the bomb into the ground. DI to the ledge and WHAAA! You're on the edge! This is a perfect edgehog technique, and it's great for mindgames.

Whaddya guys think!? :chuckle::dizzy::chuckle:

Skler

Smash Master
Not as good as Sklering.

Doesn't this require certain %s? I remember Pine told me about it a while ago and said you need to be at a % where the bomb will knock you down.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think if you're right on the edge at 0, Link will just fall onto the ledge. But if you're like 30-40 I think you can stand about a full Link's distance from the edge and do it.

It's even funnier if you do it from like the center of Yoshi's Story at like 100% lol

I'm not familiar with Sklering... I saw Sklering #2 though haha

Edit: Actually yeah, I just got what you meant about Link falling. I don't remember the %, but it's probably around 20 or so. Before that, Link just ccs the explosion.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
lol Idk. I just thought it was hilarious, I've known about it for a while but I've just never seen other people doing it (probably because it's not good). Regardless, I figured a sarsty thread would be lulz

Is that pronounced bom-pie or bom-pee?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I have no idea, I just know it was in the YYG vs Bombpie video.

The YYG is awesome, by the way.

Deva

Smash Lord
sorry, don't really see myself using this competively lol, seems to situational, but great find nonetheless.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
It's neat, but it's no good =/
You just said that this technique would make Link high tier. For now on when ever somebody goes back on their word and makes hypocritical statements over the internet it will be called appling.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
And when people try to coin new phrases, it'll be called hoggling.

Oh, look, I'm hoggling.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
this tech is so old.
seriously.
people were talking about this when i first jioned smashboards.
and that was like 3-4 years ago.
if you need a name for it.
just call it.
Bomb hog.
doesnt really have to be a fancy name.

Banks

Smash Hero
hoggle is the same guy who took three stocks off eggm simply by trolling, you don't get that without experience

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
hoggling is already a word for excessive yet productive trolling
Elven Arrow already knew the meaning of "hoggling" and was hoggling by simply trying to change the meaning of the word when he knew better not too.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
dey see me trollin, dey hatinnnn

i no dey trynna catch me evadin censor

trynna catch me evadin censor

i wanna troll wit
new englannddd

i no dey like to c da trollinnnn

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also Jman is allowed because he's technically my brother, and therefore Rhode Island and therefore New England.

Whoop Whoop

Banks

Smash Hero
jman is my uncle, that makes kevinm my...other uncle....wait i didnt think this thru, back to the drawing board

Top Bottom