• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** New Jersey Smash Tourney **

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
kay so last time terrabite had a tournement 6 people showed and it basically sucked. hopefully this time many more people will come and the guy who runs it will take my advice and give out actual prize money. first place last time got 10 dollars and his money back and i (2nd) got just my money back. because of the amount of people, he wouldn't be making profit giving out large amounts of money, but in a previous smash tournement he's been known to give out Nintendo DS Lites. So if we get a lot of people to come, hopefully this tournement won't be so bad. Just rsvp here, bring your own controllers, and show up.

peace

Saturday, March 31, 2007
$15 entree
MLG rules
Prizes varry
Starts at 6 PM

222 wanaque ave. pompton lakes new jersey
(973)835-8377

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
kay so last time terrabite had a tournement 6 people showed and it basically sucked. hopefully this time many more people will come and the guy who runs it will take my advice and give out actual prize money. first place last time got 10 dollars and his money back and i (2nd) got just my money back. because of the amount of people, he wouldn't be making profit giving out large amounts of money, but in a previous smash tournement he's been known to give out Nintendo DS Lites. So if we get a lot of people to come, hopefully this tournement won't be so bad. Just rsvp here, bring your own controllers, and show up.

peace

Saturday, March 31, 2007
$15 entree
MLG rules
Prizes varry
Starts at 6 PM

222 wanaque ave. pompton lakes new jersey
(973)835-8377
I may go to this. I live very close to pompton lakes.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
as a suggestion you should put the date and type of tournament in the main header

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
yeah, the last one was kind of dull with so few people, and the owner was stressing a need for many people before he brought out real prizes. I guess this means regular attendence is a good thing. I'll go even if only a few people show like last time. This time I should be bringing some of my crew along with me too.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, the last one was kind of dull with so few people, and the owner was stressing a need for many people before he brought out real prizes. I guess this means regular attendence is a good thing. I'll go even if only a few people show like last time. This time I should be bringing some of my crew along with me too.
Hopefully I'll be able to go with you, Muse.

By the way, if a lot of people show up, will there be teams?

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
oh man thts pretty far this sucks. MikeMan cancelled last minute. i can show if someone can give me a ride *looks at muselives*. ur mad close and im under the asumption that someone in ur crew has a car since ur no where near newark. please contact me back im dying to win this thing.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
luck, i dont know if you would beat copy or mikeman, they both have improved and i've seen all three of you play. Also "thatsmybutta" who doesnt go to that many tournaments is pretty good. I played him in the finals of the last tourney. I'd say he has a good chance of winning out of this group, or copy. Unless washappeningmang brings some decent THS members.
Anyway, good luck to you all. Im probably going to just get better at the biweekly than win 10 dollars.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Won't this be the same Saturday as the TSA biweekly? Since it is you should consider it the weekend before or Sunday.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I will so be there. I'll try to bring a couple of my friends too.

This really all depends on my report card so I'll try to do good enough so my parents can take me there. Cause I haven't been to a smash tournament in a while and this is something I need.

washappeningmang

Smash Cadet
What are the chances for teams at this tourny-How many people need to show for it to happen..I am probably a def show for singles. Also, how much does the host take from the pot

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
if theres 8 teams we could do doubles but then again im not running the tournement. the owner is pretty strict with his rules and doesnt like giving out a lot of money. i really gotta tell him how people run smash tournements but last time he gave out 25 dollars to the winner when he got 90 in total. only 6 kids showed so around 25% to the winner. next time i go in there il give him some pointers though. he does give out DS lites though ;D

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
luck, i dont know if you would beat copy or mikeman, they both have improved and i've seen all three of you play. Also "thatsmybutta" who doesnt go to that many tournaments is pretty good. I played him in the finals of the last tourney. I'd say he has a good chance of winning out of this group, or copy. Unless washappeningmang brings some decent THS members.
Anyway, good luck to you all. Im probably going to just get better at the biweekly than win 10 dollars.
ive played copy at last byweekly and we were on the same level it wasnt domination. i think i could beat him in a set cuz ive been working on my shiek match ups. also me and mikeman have played several sets so its possible for me to beat him too.

I will so be there. I'll try to bring a couple of my friends too.

This really all depends on my report card so I'll try to do good enough so my parents can take me there. Cause I haven't been to a smash tournament in a while and this is something I need.
i hope by friends ur tlkin about tipo-master cuz ive been wanting to play him for a while. but anyway some please remind me when exactly this is and wat time its starting and expected to end.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
**checks first post**

woah woah woah.... Tourney starts at 6pm? sounds a little late if 24 people show up and only 5-6 setups.

Well....does anybody else want to show up early and do friendlies for an hour or two?

EDIT: Out of curiousity, who do you plan on teaming with WhatshappeningMang? I would have to check first but I would definitely be interested in a mm. Me and Lunch King versus you and your partner (Boocif?).

Bailey

Smash Hero
Butta I might go you know I wanna play WoZ mainly because it has been way too long WoZ and yea but you should check out my tournament to guys. NYST 2 Thread in my sig.

washappeningmang

Smash Cadet
Marshmallow David Marshmallow,
I might bring one or two from school..depending on who emukiller is i might be up for a team mm..who are you emukiller?
if boocif goes then a mm is a def but id be surprised if that happens. SO i might team with a semi-noob from school

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
So yeah, I can't make it anymore. The biweekly indeed falls on this date.

It also means that you might not get a huge turnout from people in the state, since the majority of them are going to be at the biweekly. If its not too late to change your date, I can probably make it for next time.

Top Bottom