• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jersey Player Finder: NO!!! UPDATED 3/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
I'm in Northern NJ, Hamburg, Sussex County

I usually have people over for Smash every day of the week, If you would like to play sometime, just contact me. Always fun to have new competition.

Klydwn

Smash Rookie
<= n00b

Princeton (Princeton University). There's actually about 5 of us who finally made the transition to melee, so we're probably pretty bad compared to this sites standards. We can all wave dash and SHFFL though. Our best plays Ice Climbers and jigglypuff, our second best plays Captain Falcon.

Reik

Smash Ace
Name: Reik
Section: North Jersey
Contact Info: AIM: kenshin070m
Crew: The Goonies

EDIT: ROFL @ Inui's sig!!!

pockyD

Smash Legend
Name: pockyD
Location: Parsippany, NJ (Morris County) (only during breaks though)
Section: North
Contact Info: 973-214-3905, AIM = horizonflash

mainly just looking for people to game with over the upcoming winterbreak from like dec 20th through mid january; willing to travel, so give me a shout =)

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
Name: CopyCat
Section: Central Jersey
Contact Info: AIM: Foxcass
Crew: The Smash Affiliates

mog87

Smash Ace
Name: mog87
Location:Jersey city, NJ(home) Rutgers New Brunswick (school)
Section: North Jersey(home) Central Jersey (school)
Contact Info: AIM: mog877
Crew: N/A

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So we have LK, Inui, WoZ, and Magus for panelists, yes?

Let's make a top 15 list for NJ then. x_x

The other three can submit their lists to me and then I'll average them all together. D:

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
That's a bad choice of panelists, considering there are 3 people who play in Central Jersey, one person from North Jersey, and no one from South Jersey.

I also like how Inui is ordering us around.

In any case, I have no interest in making a list for the state, but I'll organize and put it together. Like the national rankings, make your criteria and your list accordingly.

And while we're on the subject:

Name: Warrior of Zarona
Section: North Jersey
Contact Info: AIM: WarriorofZarona
Crew: The Smash Affiliates

Copycat, I'm pretty sure Linden is still North Jersey. Central Jersey starts in Monmouth County, and Linden is in Union County - the same one I'm in.

Magus420

Smash Master
Could use some more diversity in the panelists if anyone else wants to be one imo. Plus, there should probably be some kind of discussion not just independent lists added together.

Ya, like WoZ said. Someone from south or something. Inui, since you're so anxious about it you should start compiling any relevant tourney placings and results and such. It needs to have some solid foundation to go on and not just opinions and whatnot.

JFox

Smash Hero
----
Name: JFox(Jay)
Contact Info: AIM: SoEuphoric87
Crew: None

----

ps. did anyone else have the urge to just copy and paste LK's information and post it? cuz i was thinkin about it...

tofucake

Smash Apprentice
Cactuar and PakmanonCrack could be panelists. They're in Philly. That's almost South Jersey...

------
Name: meph
Section: South Jersey
Contact Info: AIM: thekingofbunnies
Crew: none :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

OuiCaVa11

Smash Cadet
Name: Ouicava11
Contact Info: AIM: OuiCaVa11
Crew: None

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@WoZ and Magus: Why did CT get to have such an easy time with their rankings and we need so much put into it? o_o;

Does anyone from North/South NJ want to be a panelist?

If not, we will need to go with what we have.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Only Ryoko and M2K could be panelists from South NJ, and they don't care about the list. XD

I'd say AlexTriad, but he doesn't go to enough tournies.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
mikeman is in north jersey and he's pretty knowledgable about the scene i dunno if participates in enough tournaments but i think he'd make a good panelist.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
I think we should divide players by skill level... To do this I think you should list their names in certain colors on the first page. I think we should do this so people know who they can at their level or they know who to play if they want if they are up for a challenge to a player at a higher level.

these Four levels and the colors that should be used.

Noob - People who just started playing with advanced techniques (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, Chaingrabbing, Edgehogging) or have not learned them quite yet. OR they can be players that rarely rarely pass the first round in tournaments. Unlike the other three levels, if an unkown player openly states they are a noob, they should be allowed to be marked as this color. Color for these people should be BLUE

Novice- People who dont do well in tourny or just overall. These players though still know the roots to the game and have used them for a while. Color for these people should be GREEN

Intermediate - Players that do well in tournies but rarely place first. Examples - Myself, Inui, LK, Woz, etc. Color for these people should be ORANGE

Professional
- Players that win tournaments regularly and may rank well in MLG. Examples - MewTwoKing, Ryoko, DA-Dave. Color for these people should be RED

Unknown - Players who have never made entrance in tourny or their playing ability has not yet been seen by the moderator of this thread (Lord Knight). Color for these people should be PLAIN

Please let me know what u think of my idea.

-AxlT

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I like that idea.

I think it should just be:

Normal players
Tourny people(Emblem Lord, Jigglymaster, JFox, etc.)
Players to beat(Inui, AlexTriad, WoZ, Reik, LK, etc.)
Top players(M2K, Dave, Ryoko)

tofucake

Smash Apprentice
Gah! Where's that leave me? By the descriptions I should be labeled noob (I suck, dammit!), but Tuar says I'm intermediate, and I've never been in a tournament and LK has never seen me play. Hm.

Aside from me not having a place in the world :'( I do like that (AT) setup.
Your setup (SI) seems to only care about the very top few people.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Gah! Where's that leave me? By the descriptions I should be labeled noob (I suck, dammit!), but Tuar says I'm intermediate, and I've never been in a tournament and LK has never seen me play. Hm.

Aside from me not having a place in the world :'( I do like that (AT) setup.
Your setup (SI) seems to only care about the very top few people.
??

You are a noob by any standard...

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
as much as i am for power rankings i think this idea might just cause too much turmiol i think players in NJ know who is better than them and don't really need a color assigned to them i know where i stand as im sure other players do as well and i don't really need a color labeled to them as we all know people get better every day and sometimes might make that jump between noob and novice very quickly. its an ok idea if it wasn't for the fact that im sure it will cause alot of arguement something we have enough in the power rankings thread already...

also...
Name: LegendaryHero
location: (school) New Bruinswick Rutgers busch campus, (home) Monmouth county
Contact Info: AIM: legendaryhero188
Crew: N/A

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
as much as i am for power rankings i think this idea might just cause too much turmiol i think players in NJ know who is better than them and don't really need a color assigned to them i know where i stand as im sure other players do as well and i don't really need a color labeled to them as we all know people get better every day and sometimes might make that jump between noob and novice very quickly. its an ok idea if it wasn't for the fact that im sure it will cause alot of arguement something we have enough in the power rankings thread already...
That's why it will prolly be based mostly off of tourny, which is almost a progress report of your skill level.

-AxlT

Reik

Smash Ace
I like Inui's system better than AlexTriad's. "Noob" (even though it may be true) can be offensive. Plus, the fewer categories there are the easier it is to maintain the list.

The colors were good though. ;)

mog87

Smash Ace
or a tier for for your ego.... I mean for a person who supposedly doesnt care about the list you are quite insistent, are you dont come off in a positive or constructive way at all. so yea either you dont care or should refrain from such asinine commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom