• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Jacksonville, FL Thread (for the advancement of Jax's skill level)

17fca

Smash Rookie
Prizes may be considered "low" (can't do actual money; expect gift cards at $50 or lower for now -- keep in mind this is for charity). Should be other games as well (hopefully SF4/MvC3/CoD/Madden/rockband, etc.).
Set me up with some Denny's, fool. I'll definitely show up for local tourneys though, even if it's just to watch for a bit and play some friendlies before leaving. Depends on how much I feel like getting into the game(s) again.

Also, damn. I very vaguely remember Fast. Surprised to see that name again.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Yup, I dropped out of the smash scene because alot of it was just talking behind peoples backs here in jacksonville. People really shouldn't get so mad about it and just come to grips its smash that connects them not their personalities. You either want smash to progress in the community or you want to make friends and play the game for fun. Peoples personalities shouldn't effect game play or be talked about during game play. So it should decided which this thread supports either the evolving smash scene or groups of people people talking about people in the community they don't like. I suggest changing it from a social thread to a "Jaxmeta Thread" or something that way Geoffs intentions can be clearer because atm he is trying to progress the scene and this thread in no way hindered that and his personality shouldn't effect smash events goign towards the advance of the Jacksonville metagame. If people don't go to events because they are hosted by Geoff than they are the ones who don't care about the metagame therefore they fall into the "play with friends for fun" section and wouldn't belong in this thread because it would a metagame thread. So just change the thread to a metagame thread and have somebody go create a "Please drop off Jacksonvilles Drama Here Thread". /thread

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Okay, I was trying to control the situation and I did it wrong, I shouldn't have singled you out Sandtru, you being the person who was being flamed. I was just ensuring that all of the flaming stopped by asking you to stop posting, and you should have, as you have the control to do that while 4-5 individuals do not.
Now, no more flaming or trolling or discussion of the subject. Go back to being Jacksonville discussion and stop the dramaflamingtrolling.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I did eventually stop posting before you even asked (and even after there was more spam/flames). That wasn't the issue.

You have the ability to clean up the spam/delete unnecessary posts. Please, do your job as asked (in the same unquestioning way you closed the last Jax thread).

Veel

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I find what has gone on here to be appalling.

I quit the smash scene and stopped hanging out with these people exactly for this reason. The only reason I played smash at all was because of Geoff; he taught me a lot when we hung out and I looked up to him. He used to organize out of city trips and I remember him always hosting smash in his apartment. In many ways, he is all the smash scene has left for Brawl.

So, here I am, checking out the boards and I see people who hate the game attacking someone who cares about it! But that's not bad enough, some reject mod, probably some friend of these kids, is abusing his power and talking down to Geoff. I don't know why a mod of all people would come in and pick fights unless he was instigating it himself. This is ridiculous and then you try to cover it up and retake your position when someone threatens to have something done about. You should be ashamed as you are an insult to all mods everywhere.

Honestly 'Mod' you are the reason why this community is dieing. You come into random threads and communities, which you are not associated with AT ALL and then you portend to talk down to people, play favorites and generally be an ***. I hope you know the silly **** like this is what kills our community and everyone in Jacksonville has to suffer; and why? Some piss-ant of the internet has to play pranks to get his jollies, messing with innocent people that they don't even know. I hate you.

P.S. You guys are all ****ies, <3 Geoff

Veel

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Phil, This immature **** is why i do not hang out with stupid kids like you. Enjoy your internet 'lulz', troll.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Lol, bro, I am not talking down to anyone. I told Sandtru to stop talking because he was the more mature person in this situation and he has the power to stop all of the flaming that is going on by not posting for the time being.
I am not playing favorite with anyone considering I know none of the people involved in the situation and that I only told Sandtru to stop posting for now to help the whole thread.
Don't take things out of context and don't assume so many things.

EDIT: Let me just say that I was taken out of context, so let me restate what I should have said in the first place.
Nobody should be flaming. Nobody is deemed at fault by me, and I am taking no sides in the situation. Just stop flaming, especially me you silly banana.

17fca

Smash Rookie
So in 10 days... it'll be Saxonville?
Have my babies.

Also, I'll be there on the twentieth as well. Obviously this calls for a choco taco and pale ale celebration (the latter so Geoff can get his hipster fix).

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol dude that ****in machine has been broken pretty much ever since you left

coincidence?

hopefully they fixed it

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
LOL i love geoffs toppic name. For the advancing of jax skill or w/e, hes salkty cuz hes fallin behind. or maybe hes trying to S the mods D's

geoff dont post in jax thread n e more, im moving to vote geoff out the jax smash community...

Ya or Nay?

YA

17fca

Smash Rookie
lol dude that ****in machine has been broken pretty much ever since you left

coincidence?

hopefully they fixed it
Man, I've seen that **** in random rest stops all over Florida, if we have to we can just find some the first time we travel.

SAX, you in a dorm?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Brian I reported your post. This thread was just resolved of it's drama if all you're going to do is try and start the trouble back up I'm not going to let it happen.

If you do happen to be an alt account I hope the person behind you learns to grow up and let grudges go.

:rosalina:

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
Lol, bro, I am not talking down to anyone. I told Sandtru to stop talking because he was the more mature person in this situation and he has the power to stop all of the flaming that is going on by not posting for the time being.
I am not playing favorite with anyone considering I know none of the people involved in the situation and that I only told Sandtru to stop posting for now to help the whole thread.
Don't take things out of context and don't assume so many things.
if u knew him at all hes only acting mature on the forums cuz he knows if he said half this stuff to our face at school his *** would get beat. we arnt trolling here, geoff brings down the smash community in jax. the people who do play smash dont play with geoff and dont give 2 shakes of a **** about the forums cuz everyone sucks mods ****s and plays suck up.

dont take n e thing out of context...

-CoolCat

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As far as I know mods rarely get any love, so I dunno where you're getting your ideas from. That said, please take your beef to PMs. I'm pretty sure nobody is interested in further escalating petty conflicts over people hating each other.

17fca

Smash Rookie
Okay, so Brian is full of **** because Geoff very clearly got into it with the mod here and I'm 100% certain he doesn't care if he gets banned from the forums. I doubt any of you would even sit still and get your heads out of your ***** long enough to listen to what he's said here in person, based on how you've been acting here. I first met him back in '08 and he might be a little rude and blunt at times, but he never bull****s. I became an exponentially better player by training with him and likely would have become even better if I hadn't left to try to figure my life **** out.

The only people I knew that never wanted to play with Geoff are the people who consistently got their ***** handed to them and resented it, or the people who needed their parents to drive them to campus to play. His personality clashes with some people but I'm willing to bet he's the best thing Jax has going for it for multiple reasons and I seriously fail to see how coming around and wasting everyone's time with your juvenile bull**** is supposed to help anything.

I have nothing personal against anybody in here and you're all welcome to chill and play some friendlies if you run into me, but please grow up a bit.

Gwabs

Smash Apprentice
everyone just needs to chill out and play some smaysh :D

<3
<3

also ill be up at the gameroom more frequently during this fall semester

17fca

Smash Rookie
less "blah blah blah geoff blah jax blah blah"

more "hey sax is moving hereeeeee"
hey sax i'm gonna teach you dat wario v rob matchup

edit: Smashboards denies me my drunken allcaps, QQ

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
Brian I reported your post. This thread was just resolved of it's drama if all you're going to do is try and start the trouble back up I'm not going to let it happen.

If you do happen to be an alt account I hope the person behind you learns to grow up and let grudges go.

:rosalina:
thats no fun i was away and missed all the fun...

this was and never will be resolved. sandtru will alwasy and forever start **** with everyone, its who he is and forever will be

RinzlerOP

Smash Rookie
everyone just needs to chill out and play some smaysh :D

<3
<3

also ill be up at the gameroom more frequently during this fall semester

lol i second this, play the ****ing game
imma be at the gamroom e'erday this fall so :]

Top Bottom