• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Jacksonville, FL Thread (for the advancement of Jax's skill level)

17fca

Smash Rookie
what's up with max coming in with these random attax, best make some trax 'fore I get my axe

or I can just end random words in -ax until everyone is sufficiently embarassed

edit: btw I've been in the Philly airport for 6 hours that's about as blax as it gets

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
So there's this tourney in Orlando and pretty much every region is showing up....EXCEPT JAX HMMMM

I think you brothers be mad scared.

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Does anyone still play melee in Jacksonville anymore? Is the drama finally gone or are there still people being salty from time to time? Either way, I'm looking for casuals in melee if anyone is down. And by the way, there are tournaments for this game and Brawl at Underground Alley. Tyger is beginning to host more of these if it matters to anyone in here. I'm just spreading the word because the last turnout was quite low for both entries. (8 people) I know there are a ton more than that.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I was at that, Jason. You should've went! Pretty fun.

There was a house tourney at Joe's awhile ago but everyone apparently got high and the "tourney" aspect of it never happened.

People still play (both games) daily at the UNF gameroom (mostly from 11am-4pm but sometimes much later). Just give me a call if you wanna play sometime.

Charity tournament still coming up during a Wednesday night in late October (not quite sure on the date yet). I'm just helping w/ running the brackets and a bit of advertising so my knowledge of dates/times/etc. is limited. I do know that Melee prolly won't be on unless the community can convince me to do so and actually support it (it is a charity thing and it does need to raise money). Expect Brawl, some ****ty console FPS, Madden and, hopefully, street fighter ae or marvel3 (possibly both).

Drama exists but it's just a lot of empty, highschool-esque talk. Brian says I'm an easy win but won't even money match my ****-*** Luigi. lol :colorful:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Uh.... yep, do you go to UNF?

If not you can still come by the gameroom on-campus whenever.

We are planning to travel to DJ Jack/Tommy G's tourney on Oct. 8 as well (if you wanna join us).

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
Uh.... yep, do you go to UNF?

If not you can still come by the gameroom on-campus whenever.

We are planning to travel to DJ Jack/Tommy G's tourney on Oct. 8 as well (if you wanna join us).
Nah lol. Still in high school.
Sounds cool I'll have to see

:phone:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
no

daily parking permit is like $3

they don't check on the weekends or after i think 9 weekdays (6 on fri, i wanna say)

we're going to gainesville sat. night if you're interested in carpooling (just pay gas)

tokyo keyoko

Smash Rookie
saturday as in tommorrow? if so i wont be able to go but i am interestedin traveling for some tournys(or matches with some good ppl). keep me posted for others? (ill pay gas of course)

do ppl brawl on the weekends i kinda dont wanna pay $3 everytime i wanna brawl lol.

btw any more info on that charity tourny?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
tru

uh, we could..... sax is usually practicing music a lot so it's kinda iffy

and i'm usually hungover/drinking/playing sc2...... but if you say you're going to drop by i'm not just gonna leave you hanging so just mention when you'll be around

newest info is that it'll be on Oct. 26 (a wednesday) night. Kind of a ****ty day, imo. but i'm not the one calling the shots

tokyo keyoko

Smash Rookie
alright cool, ill most likely come to the charity event since thats actually a pretty good day for me. I could prolly bring two other friends of mine depending on the time.....

as for the brawling, if you guys(or anyone in the area) are ever bored and wanna brawl you can just send me a text at 904-599-6117. ill most likely show up if i don't have any plans or anything going on.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sup Jax, I'm coming to town for a while and looking to smash. How do I get to the new UNF gameroom? It's moved since the last time I was there a couple years ago.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
MANKO

good to see you're still around! how long are you staying?

the new gameroom is in the first floor for the student union (in the side closer to the parking garage)

here's a map: http://www.unf.edu/map/

it's in building 58

PMing you my # just call or text

---------

update for everyone else

i wasn't really given/asked for input on a lot of things involving the charity tournament

so unfortunately.... there will only be Brawl

it's on the 26th (pre-reg at 5:30pm, starts at 6pm) and the entrance fee is supposedly $5 (tho they made do this thing where you have to "buy-in" w/ another $5 or so to play in the losers bracket -- it's an unfortunate necessity due to time constraints)

--------

another side-note: thanks to everyone who came out to the local underground alley tournament (the next one will be on dec. 3rd)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
thanks for the info. I'm gonna head down there on probably Tuesday and stay until November 5th.

I've dropped Brawl for Melee & Project:M but I'll enter that charity tourney anyway just for fun.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Sup people if anything going on in jacksonville message me im trying to get out there and gain some tech skill and get out there and smash.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Okay, so here's the deal w/ the charity tournament

OCTOBER 26 (wednesday)

it'll be in the student union ballrooms located in bldg. 58 on the 3rd floor (http://www.unf.edu/map/) it's in the side further from the parking garage

pre-reg. starts at 5:30pm and there will be FOUR (4) single-elim brackets every hour starting at 6pm (so then 7, 8, 9....)

cost to enter for any of these will be $5 (you can enter as many as you wish if you didn't place 1st or 2nd in a previous bracket)

the prize for winning any of these small brackets is gonna be like a $10-15 gift card to some food place (think cheesecake factory or something)

the "championship" bracket will take place at 10pm b/w the 1st/2nd place finishers of the 4 brackets, double-elim (if you were 2nd place you'll start in losers unfortunately)

idk what the prizes will be for 3rd/4th or if there will be but 1st is gonna be like a $25 giftcard and 2nd will be 10-15 idk

this was the best compromise i could make due to time constraints/other ****

MK WILL BE BANNED (****ies)

forgot what i sent as the stage list but it's pretty standard (stage striking and what not)

EDIT: FOR PARKING

if you go to parking services (bldg. 52) you should be able to get a $3 pass and park at garage 38 (right next to the union)

or you can risk getting a $30 ticket lol.... (pretty sure they stop checking at 9pm if you arrive late)

call/text me if you're having trouble

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Woah woah woah...
I missed a lot of stuff. Unfortunately I don't come on here much anymore because I am VERY busy with school. I would love to show up and rep some Jax out there. :D
But because of how much time I DON'T have to be on the computer, please if there is any details I can get through text, please feel free to get my number. I hope to see everybody there!!!

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
Wednesday is such an awkward day and I'd really like to go but I can't.
Anyone gonna be in the gameroom Saturday incase I drop by there?

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Xin, why exactly can't you go?
A sonic from Gville wanted me to meet you so I am trying to respect his wishes lol, whenever you are free, lemme know.
BTW, anybody want to brawl (Or Melee) it up:

Set-up coming :D

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Hype to the 5 of us going!
And I second that statement by Sandtru! If you have an issue with a ride, I am willing to pick you up as long as you are bit FOREVER away in this big city of ours. I live on Baymeadows, but I will be in St.John's Bluff area by 10 am.

tokyo keyoko

Smash Rookie
hey geoff, i've got a wii with brawl i can bring but no tv, do you want me to bring that or not?

oh and goof if your ever bored and wanna brawl you can hit me up @ 904-599-6117 (preferably text cuz i go to school and my phone may be off or silent)

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
Nah its not just a ride. My parents don't want me out on the other side of town in the middle of the week. Cause the championship bracket starts at 10 it'd be too late for them.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
thanks to everyone who came out!!!!!!!!!!!

that sucks xin :( :( :(

here's the funny thing..... our attendance was so high and the rest of the attendance was so low that there's gonna be a follow up tourney on a fri or sat. in the near future (still charity so same things apply for prizes.... just giftcards 'n ****)

good **** jacksonville

LOL @ street fighter (3 attendants -- none were serious players... what the **** is that??)

edit:
singles results

1. SAX (yea buddy)
2. MY OLD ***
3. GOOFBALL

doubles results

1. Me and sax (b/c **** grammer)
2. goofball and AJ
3. Dead heir and Tokyo

good **** everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit2:

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo we raised around $700 apparently

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa buddy

mog112

Smash Ace
Hey Guys,

I just moved down to Jacksonville recently, and wouldn't mind smashing it up. I haven't really smashed in a long time but would like to get back playing a little (Mainly Melee).

I see that some of you guys are playing at the UNF campus. I live right near there, but can't make it in during the weekdays. Do people still play there on the weekends? Or if some of you guys are getting together I would like to smash it up some.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
hey mog,

welcome to jax

unfortunately the scene for melee is rather dead or lazy

most weekends i'm not really down to play

if you can contact marsfool, he'll probably play

good luck

also there will be another charity tourney sometime in Nov./Dec hopefully (going to try and include melee this time)

and Dec. 3rd is supposed to be the next brawl/melee tournament at this local lan center (underground alley)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I live in jacksonville and I play brawl. but I suck >.>.

Oh well. Hopefully, one day jacksonville will be good at something other than crime :troll:

OKIE DOKIE THEN!!!!

After reading most of this ****. I think I realized a few things and have a few questions

Jeff is the guy with the avatar of pepper and paprika. Didn't know u like blues clues jeff.

I finally found the type of thread I was looking for.

I had no idea jeff kind of looked over jax's competitive smash.

So this thread is where all the UNF smash people hang out.

HOw do I subscribe to this thread >.< *looking for button*....

Why is no one into smash in Jacksonville? I mean we are the biggest city in the U.S. landmass wise. You don't like our crime :3?

Well I think that is about it.

I'm kind of scared to post after reading these comments. After reading I can tell people here do not handle stupidity that well. I'm full of stupidity :[. Oh well **** it.

Gmoney08

Smash Rookie
lol is this mike?

the avatar was a joke hahah

my name is "Geoff"

jax is just bad (but you and others could make it better :))

no one ****ing posts in this thread; everyone just calls each other/hangs out daily

i hope you (and everyone actually) had an enjoyable thanksgiving

Top Bottom