• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Jacksonville, FL Thread (for the advancement of Jax's skill level)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Sandtru, stop posting. It is the thread against you and you're just being flame/troll bait.
To the rest of the thread, if he keeps posting, don't respond.
That is all. Have fun.
Don't post Kid Cudi with drugs.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It is the Jacksonville, FL thread, and just because he is the OP, it doesn't mean he owns the thread and nobody else can post.
In the context of the situation, I'm saying that it would be best for him not to post or at least to stop posting with such hostility. Obviously he isn't the only one posting like that but, like I said, it is the thread against him.

17fca

Smash Rookie
Haha, wow. Okay so I guess that leaves myself, Gahtzu, and 2link as like the only people to do anything other than argue or spam in here.

Sup guys?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Of the 14 people who have posted in this thread. 4 are directly posting against me (and one of those in the same person on an alternate account, which is a ban-able offense -- another is an obvious troll aka Renth). You are gonna take that info. and say the whole thread/scene is against me?

The only posts of any substance have come from me, ZeroUnderOne, Afro, Gahtzu, 2link, SupaSairentoZ7, hypnotic disciple and 17fca. The rest are a few bad eggs/spammers purposely attempting to reduce the scene in Jax because of a personal vendetta against me.

I am a long-term (4+ years) member of the Jax scene having represented the area in tournaments at a high-level, hosting FREE monthlies (sometimes biweeklies when i had the time) for a period of 2 years, stepped in last min. 6months ago to host a tournament that raised hundreds of dollars for charity (which none of the adjusted 2 against me supported) and i'm doing the same thing in October but bigger (which that news is being overshadowed now.. thanks).

I was asked a few legitimate questions and I gave answers (hopefully SupaSairentoZ7 wasn't put off by the later bull****).

I am prolly the only one left in this community actively do anything or striving for a better scene. Of course I am going to react.

Do your ****ing job and ban some people (including me if you like) or delete posts entirely. You closed the old thread because of one person (the OP in that case) who is now the troublemaker in this one yet you blame me?

I'm not saying my past actions were appropriate but they make sense given the context. The real problem here is that NO ONE new to the area who sees this is gonna want to post or become involved because of a few bad eggs. Upcoming events are being overshadowed as well.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
What you do IRL has nothing to do with the fact that you're provoking a fight, and that Mars was doing nothing but retaliating to your *****ing.
I already explained that when it is four against one, you have more control over the situation so be the bigger man and stop posting.
I closed the last thread because the OP wanted it closed. That is it. If you want me to make someone else the OP so you will go away or stop making trouble, that is fine.
Mars hasn't committed a bannable offense, and neither has Renth, or anyone else in the thread. Your excessive censor dodging and provoking are the only bannable offenses.
You can't dictate that users get banned because they aren't being productive. This is a social thread, not a help the scene thread.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
MarsFool is openly using an alternate account. That is a ban-able offense. Don't give bull**** answers.

in ref to this:
It is the Jacksonville, FL thread, and just because he is the OP, it doesn't mean he owns the thread and nobody else can post.
in ref to the last thread:
I closed the last thread because the OP wanted it closed.
You can't have both. You MADE it so no one else could post in the previous thread. You effectively made him "own" the thread.

I'm provoking a fight? This thread began with Afro (an old friend) asking me what I've been up to. From that, there's nostalgia for the old thread which I call out (because it's irrational/irrelevant). What Brian said is fine. I am then told by an alt. account of Marsfool that "no one likes me." I am the aggressor in this case?

You say there's 4 against me, but there's not. Renth is an obvious troll which I ignored. Brian, who hasn't posted in 3 pages. Then there's MarsFool posting on 2 separate accounts (IAMNOTFORDIE and MarsFool). That leaves 2 directly against me and only 1 who was actively at it (edit: and a # of spammers who aren't having their posts cleaned up). When Marsfool as 2 more active/recent players against him (Me and Masky).

This is a thread to discuss/coordinate Jax and post about upcoming events (i think that can be assumed by how I open the thread, if not i'll adjust it).

17fca

Smash Rookie
This thread is so good. So good. SOOOO. GOOOD.
Edit. No use trying to cover up that 3/4 of the city he lives in dislikes the OP. Glad someone spoke up before me.
As a relative newcomer, I'd have to say that anybody coming into the scene would have more reason to side with OP based on the behavior in this thread. Not that many people would even want to post given the incredible amount of drama, which is a damn shame.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Not really. My beef comes from a year and half of trying to be someones friend who rejected all my requests and preoceeded to talk **** about me and the people I ung out with on a regular basis. Gahtzu tells all, regardless of side.
Edit: People coming out of the blue to insult one another or not, its not for some unknown reason.

Also check the last thread. It was stated by someone in here who that the purpose of that thread was to beg people to play with me when it was in fact the exact opposite. Jax just doesnt use swf that often( game room people @ unf especially)

Last edit. I was also rather disappointed when all this flaming began Check the first time I posted. I didnt get involved til people started flying off the handle.

17fca

Smash Rookie
No johns, you're still coming into a thread and being a straight up **** when you could easily just go do something other than sit around mashing f5 for your next shot at pointless insults at some guy you don't even hang out with anymore.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Don't give anyone that. You would come to my place and not say **** except john when you lost. All I said about you until you started talking **** about me was that I felt our personalities clashed and that outside of the game I would not hang out with you. That's a very reasonable thing to say because it was true. It was not hostile. What you have done is.

The people you associated with would constantly troll me through daily life to the point where I almost missed out on a job opportunity because my phone wasn't open because I had 3 people spamming/calling my phone every minute for multiple hours. There is not an unknown or unfounded reasoning behind why I dislike those few (edit: but I have never not included them in events on purpose).

In the past, we (Jax in general) have always posted to communicate with non-Jax and openly coordinate plans for tournaments/travel. This was always done in a rather professional manner to look appealing/open to newcomers. This is something that has not been happening recently and that's a shame (regardless of the reason). It's not about you or me or anybody. It's about a scene and attracting new players. We are all responsible for that not happening.

edit: Flames and harassment due to personal problems were kept out of the boards and left as personal issues to be worked out in person for obvious reasons. We are all smashers. Personal dislike shouldn't bleed into a local scene like it is.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I dont know anything about that harrassment bro, 100% truth.
Also stop telling fibs, we played @ your house maybe twice in three years Ive been here, and I was friendly like I ALWAYS am. And do I really have to get Jason in here =/
Nah. At this point its futile to ***** @ one another. No one is gonna prove anything.

But w/e This is stupid, everyone should edit their posts out and start fresh.

Sup Jax.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Why is it so unlikely to you for Jason to have misquoted or lied?

I agree (offensive posts should be deleted).

Charity tournament towards the end of October. Brawl-only at the moment. If Melee wants to support it than I'll also run that. Prizes may be considered "low" (can't do actual money; expect gift cards at $50 or lower for now -- keep in mind this is for charity). Should be other games as well (hopefully SF4/MvC3/CoD/Madden/rockband, etc.).

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm proud you two are willing to reach resolution like that. I wasn't really happy to see the drama/trolling since I had Supa come in here and he's been wanting to enter the state's scene for a long time. I hope he has a good time with you guys.

Sandtru when you make the tournament listing for that event let me know so I can add it to the FL thread(which I kinda need to dust off a bit lol). I'll make sure to pass it along to Supa as well.

:rosalina:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Sounds good, 2link. I'm glad people are still keeping that thread up-to-date (history is so important).

EDIT: SAX and goofball are gonna be traveling/running fests so we'll keep this thread posted on those plans if Supa wants to join

Just call me Geoff or "Gmoney" tho lol (this was a joke name lol)

Top Bottom