• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Isai Combo Vid

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Lol, I think I know who you're talking about :D
I was talking about everyone who has some sort of hax, not only you xD
Mad for example, he owns me with his Fox auto shine cancel, and he struggles without it.

Dash_Fox said:
The SPEED and ACCURACY people play are the main differences.
But also the hax and DI that its possible to do, amirite?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Depends on the person.

I'm a lot worse on console than online since I never had anyone to play on console.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Depends on the person.

I'm a lot worse on console than online since I never had anyone to play on console.
Same here.

And my TV sucks, so I prefer the crisp and clean graphics on a PC monitor over the blurriness of a TV.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
I really enjoyed the video :). I appreciated the effort you put into matching the beat of the music with the beat of the combos, even if they weren't the best combos out there.

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
So it seems people's comments (both here and on the video's page) generally fall into these categories:

1. Choice of combos suck.
2. Shield breakers are boring.
3. Online matches suck.
4. Quality sucks.
5. Daft punk sucks / is overused.
6. Isai doesn't like it.

My responses.

1. I'll admit that there were clips in here that weren't particularly impressive. However, I think it's worth mentioning that my primary goal was not to highlight any one character, but to showcase Isai's prowess with all of the characters. In order to maintain this balance, I was forced to put in not-so-awesome videos of Isai's less frequently used characters, like the Luigi on Ness double Up+B combo. As for the complaint that I really did miss some of his best combos, such as Pikachu's off-stage stuff, I guess there's no real excuse for that. Because I'm not at the same level of skill as some of the guys in this community, perhaps I'm naturally drawn towards clips that are more visually impressive than technically challenging.

2. Well, too bad! Like I mentioned in my first post, this video started off as a shield breaker compilation, and I thought keeping them for the full video was a nice touch. As to those who say breaking shields is not challenging, I would like to remind you that what is impressive is how consistently Isai is able to pull them off in so many different situations.

3. I've never played online matches, so I'm not aware of the differences.

4. Aye. Someone mentioned getting a Youtube downloader. Can anyone recommend a good one?

5. Wrong.

6. So what? In the entire history of youtube, I remember off the top of my head only two instances in which Isai made or replied to a comment without saying "ur dum" or something to that effect (the first was him praising someone for calling someone else dumb, the second was him explaining how to teleport with Jiggly). As impressive as his smash skills are, Isai's interpersonal skills are severely lacking, and it is for that reason that I consider his poorly articulated opinions on my video to be irrelevant.
1. Lol the choice of combos didn't suck, you just didn't pick a lot who were really good.

2. Shield breakers are cool

3. They do for combos

4. Here's many links for youtube downloaders (you can convert the files to .wmv after with media-convert.com)

- http://www.zamzar.com
- http://www.clipnabber.com
- http://www.keepvid.com

5. Ya sry, it might not SUCK but it is very overused, especially in the smash scene.

6. "ur dum" "u dont no what ur talking about" "ur an idiot"
thought it would be nice to complete it.

Besides that, I liked the video, and I even put it on my DS.
Gj

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
Unreg-hyper cam 2 and Daft Punk, c'mon. haha

Isai crazy smart to be able to pull off these combos and have such control against human players. He just thinks so fast and gets it right all the time.

MattNF

Smash Lord

Isai crazy smart to be able to pull off these combos and have such control against human players. He just thinks so fast and gets it right all the time.
lol stop riding his ****

none of those combos were amazing

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Dude Isai is scary he is the god of Smash 64... I think he never actually lost a S64 set. O_o

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yes he has. But that doesn't mean he's not good, the video doesn't show his real good stuff tho.
I don't think he's lost a set, I could be wrong. I know Isai has (VERY RARELY) lost a match, which means nothing. I've beaten superboomfan on console! ooooh!! Wait, he beat me the other 200 times.... Yknow? 1 match means nothing in any competitive game. That's why the playoffs and stuff are usually best of 5 or best of 7 in hockey.

I don't really even care if he's lost a set, I do know his ssb vids make all of ours look SOOOO boring.

_kSo_

Smash Master
The koso combo & M3g4volt kick are too good.

(Koso combo = Fthrow - fair - SHIELDGRAB *omfgwtfhalfdamagehax* - fthrow - fair - uair - YEHS)

Classic. Good to see you back kso, are you playing ssb64 these days?
heh. Honestly, no. I have been playing a lot of melee due to the avid melee community in the midwest. It's been fun. I try to get on p2p once in a while, but lately that hasn't been happening. I may start playing again for poops and giggles due to the ridiculousness of isai's combos in this video 0_o.

Seala

Smash Apprentice
Shield grab only does half damage if you do it when you couldn't have done a normal grab (if you walk up to someone, shield and grab, it does full damage. But if you get shield pressured and shield grab it will be half damage.)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wow, Isai is a monster.

I was actually planning on making a "Don't Get Hit 2" since back when I made the first one, I didn't know much about video editing and I actually have a good editor now. But seriously, good job CrypticC62, this was very entertaining. Also, you saved me a lot of trouble xD

heh. Honestly, no. I have been playing a lot of melee due to the avid melee community in the midwest. It's been fun. I try to get on p2p once in a while, but lately that hasn't been happening. I may start playing again for poops and giggles due to the ridiculousness of isai's combos in this video 0_o.
lol, I think I play more 64 then you now. Falcon and Fox dittos when you come back to NJ ^_^ .... or when/if I come back to Purdue >_>

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Shield grab only does half damage if you do it when you couldn't have done a normal grab (if you walk up to someone, shield and grab, it does full damage. But if you get shield pressured and shield grab it will be half damage.)
why didn't I know this LOL

_kSo_

Smash Master
I didn't know either.

And yes, falcon/fox dittos will both happen when i get back to jersey. although I'd rather be playing melee :p

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman

Isai *****
And Steals Ur Ssb64 Virginity
Dude Isai is scary he is the god of Smash 64... I think he never actually lost a S64 set. O_o
Isai is too good.
Get these guys a room together and throw up a poster of Isai.....quick! It'll be a Super Smash Orgy

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
LOOOL

And, wtf is the megavolt kick?
Falcon player, megavolt. ALWAYS edgeguards in falcon dittos with a downwards falcon kick. Always. Without exception. Megavolt kick.

The koso combo is as I explained above, and is derrived from KSO's early ssb combo videos which were pretty bad, like anyone's first attempts are.

Also, me and Boom refer to Kso as "Ko-so"

P.s Jigglypuff's combos take skill XD

Also I didnt know that about the shieldgrab mechanics, thanks!

Get these guys a room together and throw up a poster of Isai.....quick! It'll be a Super Smash Orgy
The Isai fangirl-ism really has to stop. Not so much here its not bad here we all idolize his skills for obvious reasons as a competitive community.

On youtube it just sinks into a pathetic cesspool of people begging for isai's approval or reminding him for the ???th time that he's too good or a god or this or that. It must be fukkin annoying for him, probably worse than when those 4chan buttbuddies were going after me.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Falcon player, megavolt. ALWAYS edgeguards in falcon dittos with a downwards falcon kick. Always. Without exception. Megavolt kick.
then, its not that good! can be neutralized with up+b i think.

The Isai fangirl-ism really has to stop. Not so much here its not bad here we all idolize his skills for obvious reasons as a competitive community.

On youtube it just sinks into a pathetic cesspool of people begging for isai's approval or reminding him for the ???th time that he's too good or a god or this or that. It must be fukkin annoying for him, probably worse than when those 4chan buttbuddies were going after me.
however he doesnt try to stop them.

malva00

Smash Master
too good cereal with "t" "o" "g" and "d" shaped pieces =p

why don't u stop them for me nixxxon that will be your task for the day

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Why don't u stop them for me nixxxon that will be your task for the day
Thats the funnest thing you have ever said.....EVER

Sorry Nixxxon but you should think about what you said xP

You guys act like being admired is a bad thing on HIS behalf..how the hell is that? O_o

If you become a top contestant in a LOT of Sports, Games, and other contests...people will verbally applaud you xP

They make fools of them selfs while they do it..but yeah...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
why don't u stop them for me nixxxon that will be your task for the day
Hah, I know you like to be praised as ssb64 god, admit it ;D

well, if I were in your place i'd try to find some hot girls among your fanboys LOL xP

Top Bottom