• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Isai Combo Vid

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
Hey there. At some point a while back, I noticed someone asking (either here or on Youtube) for a compilation of Isai's shield breaks in real matches. As I started doing exactly that, I realized that there was also a whole lot of new-ish non-shield-breaky material that hasn't been included in any previous combo vid. So here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84b3--OdYLs

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Nice vid but, there are not the best isai combos, some of them are good, but most of them are combos that anyone can do.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
To be honest the video wasn't as good as I thought reading the title.Some parts are like brawl combos not Zero to Death ones and ssb64 is supposed to be the easiest version for doing combos.You should have chosen better combo video clips from Isai. He has lots of them that you have ignored.And shield breaker combos are not anything special in this year.I'm seeing Isai didn't like it either.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
too many shield breakers
many of these combos can be done by others

the difference between an Isai combo video and some other random pro is the actual top ranked combos
Almost anyone can up tilt sheik break as Kirby, I know a lot of people who can DJC shield break

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Almost anyone can up tilt sheik break as Kirby, I know a lot of people who can DJC shield break
Your Melee is leaking D:

But this is true, even alancitu knows it....Isai can own...this is just average.

And to be honest even those "off stage pika combos" are only just "good" I can do them on console pretty easy ;D...at least vs light chars...seems easier

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
isai said:
i might not put up online vids anymore now
F***. I know why too, no one wants their online matches taken seriously, especially malva.

I hope you keep putting up online vids malva, some of them are really awesome, also it gives us an idea of how limited online smash is, if you compare online matches to your console vids. There's just a little something extra in your console combos where as your online combos seem geared towards efficiency (which is the best idea online, do what works lol)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
LOL its funny because if some1 would do a combo video of me, id be glad and probably alot of ppl wouldnt like the vid.

but now every1 likes this vid except isai >_>
I second that.
Even if the video doesn't show his best combos, why hate about an effort from some guy who admires his skills...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I was about to criticize this video but the first like 7 people thought it was AWESOME

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It didn't look like something Isai would've consented to though considering the quality of footage there ~_~

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
So it seems people's comments (both here and on the video's page) generally fall into these categories:

1. Choice of combos suck.
2. Shield breakers are boring.
3. Online matches suck.
4. Quality sucks.
5. Daft punk sucks / is overused.
6. Isai doesn't like it.

My responses.

1. I'll admit that there were clips in here that weren't particularly impressive. However, I think it's worth mentioning that my primary goal was not to highlight any one character, but to showcase Isai's prowess with all of the characters. In order to maintain this balance, I was forced to put in not-so-awesome videos of Isai's less frequently used characters, like the Luigi on Ness double Up+B combo. As for the complaint that I really did miss some of his best combos, such as Pikachu's off-stage stuff, I guess there's no real excuse for that. Because I'm not at the same level of skill as some of the guys in this community, perhaps I'm naturally drawn towards clips that are more visually impressive than technically challenging.

2. Well, too bad! Like I mentioned in my first post, this video started off as a shield breaker compilation, and I thought keeping them for the full video was a nice touch. As to those who say breaking shields is not challenging, I would like to remind you that what is impressive is how consistently Isai is able to pull them off in so many different situations.

3. I've never played online matches, so I'm not aware of the differences.

4. Aye. Someone mentioned getting a Youtube downloader. Can anyone recommend a good one?

5. Wrong.

6. So what? In the entire history of youtube, I remember off the top of my head only two instances in which Isai made or replied to a comment without saying "ur dum" or something to that effect (the first was him praising someone for calling someone else dumb, the second was him explaining how to teleport with Jiggly). As impressive as his smash skills are, Isai's interpersonal skills are severely lacking, and it is for that reason that I consider his poorly articulated opinions on my video to be irrelevant.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
So it seems people's comments (both here and on the video's page) generally fall into these categories:

1. Choice of combos suck.
2. Shield breakers are boring.
3. Online matches suck.
4. Quality sucks.
5. Daft punk sucks / is overused.
6. Isai doesn't like it.

My responses.

1. I'll admit that there were clips in here that weren't particularly impressive. However, I think it's worth mentioning that my primary goal was not to highlight any one character, but to showcase Isai's prowess with all of the characters. In order to maintain this balance, I was forced to put in not-so-awesome videos of Isai's less frequently used characters, like the Luigi on Ness double Up+B combo. As for the complaint that I really did miss some of his best combos, such as Pikachu's off-stage stuff, I guess there's no real excuse for that. Because I'm not at the same level of skill as some of the guys in this community, perhaps I'm naturally drawn towards clips that are more visually impressive than technically challenging.

2. Well, too bad! Like I mentioned in my first post, this video started off as a shield breaker compilation, and I thought keeping them for the full video was a nice touch. As to those who say breaking shields is not challenging, I would like to remind you that what is impressive is how consistently Isai is able to pull them off in so many different situations.

3. I've never played online matches, so I'm not aware of the differences.

4. Aye. Someone mentioned getting a Youtube downloader. Can anyone recommend a good one?

5. Wrong.

6. So what? In the entire history of youtube, I remember off the top of my head only two instances in which Isai made or replied to a comment without saying "ur dum" or something to that effect (the first was him praising someone for calling someone else dumb, the second was him explaining how to teleport with Jiggly). As impressive as his smash skills are, Isai's interpersonal skills are severely lacking, and it is for that reason that I consider his poorly articulated opinions on my video to be irrelevant.
You're everything that's wrong with the SSB64 community combined in one person.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You're criticizing Isai's interpersonal skills and yet you still have the balls to use his material for your own video without his consent?

Considering this is made entirely of his videos, he has every right to ask you to remove it, should he care enough to do so.

I will be very angry if you're the reason Isai stops uploading matches.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Cryptic - the video is honestly mediocre in terms of what isai can do. I mean, come on, one of the clips was just kirby utilting the shield. Quality of video didn't help either. Also, don't just take someone else's gameplay footage and use it for your own and act like they have no say in it. Even if they can't totally stop you, it makes you look like a jerk.

Everyone Else - Lighten up, geez. Don't try to run him out of the boards just because he made a mistake. We were all noobs at one time, and I'm sure we all had a bad conception about smash 64 or isai or whatever. Give him a break.

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
At the risk of sounding stupid, what's so bad about the online clips? I'm aware that there's some input delay, but if anything, that would make your feats all the more impressive, not less impressive.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
At the risk of sounding stupid, what's so bad about the online clips? I'm aware that there's some input delay, but if anything, that would make your feats all the more impressive, not less impressive.
Some combos require the attacker to react quicker to the DI of the opponent in order to keep chasing and keep the combo going. DI sometimes hampers this quite a bit.

But don't take their words TOO seriously. 95% of things that are done on console can be done online. They just always feel the need to act like their skill is inferior on delay no matter what.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
The DI is actually the main difference between Console and Online. I've meet some hax players that aren't really good but they can win due his hax DI or his hax whatever.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yeh, what Nixxon says.

DI is much greater online so combos are less impressive. That and delay makes your combos not as good online.

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
no :p its just a different techinique

what makes me more impressed is that some people DI a lot and isai can still do the combos very well, and cool combos! i think yuo cant disagree :)

maybe they are less impressive but still show skill, for me it counts a lot in a combo video too

edit - im not talking about THAT video

Top Bottom