• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ike AT discovery COUNTER DRAW

ragnal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bro_Strider
3DS FC
1332-7877-3146
Ok i discovered this AT while i was messing around with arial quickdraws. If u dont know what that is its where u use quick draw in the air and when u land u slide across the ground. From this you can go into most of Ikes ground attacks and continue to slide during the attack.

When i tried countering during the sliding animation something weird happend. Ike slid farther than he normally would. Near the entire length of FD with a short hop QD counter.

I call the AT COUNTER DRAW

so far it seems to be very situational, but hey Ike is kinda lacking in the AT department so ill take what i can get.

What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsPAxwGCCI

tk~

Smash Rookie
I found out about this a long time ago but I really didn't think it's all that useful. But anyway, other intriguing things you can do with the same applications include applying the B reversal tech to it. Doing that will essentially bounce Ike back the opposite direction a significant distance (also works with Eruption btw).

Also you can slide a significant (although smaller) distance using the counter or eruption when you land out of a jump or SH. You can also do a sliding and B-reversal Eruption out of a dash and still get a significant sliding distance.

But like I said before, I really don't think it's all that useful.

ragnal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bro_Strider
3DS FC
1332-7877-3146
it was kinda difficult at first but was easy to get the hang of after a while, also i have no way of recording it myself. So if anyone wants to help that can please dont hesitate to help.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
it was kinda difficult at first but was easy to get the hang of after a while, also i have no way of recording it myself. So if anyone wants to help that can please dont hesitate to help.
Make a replay of it and send the reply to someone that can record and upload.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sounds extremelly situational and even so, Ike's counter has a slower start up than Marth's so it's much easier to stop yourself from attacking when he uses it. From what I've experienced, it's better for Ike to counter in the air rather than on the ground while the opposite seems to be true for Marth which is also why I think this won't work very often.

ragnal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bro_Strider
3DS FC
1332-7877-3146
im not sure but i think the Tech takes away from the start up time of the counter i haven't tested it enough to be 100% sure though

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Might make for a neat approach against projectile spammers if Ike keeps sliding when he counters a move. QD, counter an incoming projectile, and let the momentum carry your counter attack into the opponent. IIRC a successful counter has a lot of invincibility frames to help this work.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Might make for a neat approach against projectile spammers if Ike keeps sliding when he counters a move. QD, counter an incoming projectile, and let the momentum carry your counter attack into the opponent. IIRC a successful counter has a lot of invincibility frames to help this work.
This wouldn't be too viable, as if they really were spamming projectiles, you would get hit in the middle of the Quick Draw, stopping you all together and making this "tech" useless.

I played around with this for like 10 minutes yesterday. The amount you 'slide' depends on how charged the Quick Draw is, how far above the ground you release Quick Draw, and how fast or slow you initiate a counter.

It's strange because the sliding is much different when using counter than any other move. I find you slide a similar distance just using other moves E.G. uptilt or upsmash.

Overall, not very useful imo. Using a counter after the quick draw may make you slide further, but it also leaves you vulnerable if you mess up, making you wish you opted for a jab or other move instead. If you're going for a slide, IMO using a tilt, jab, or grab is a better option. Maybe I'm just biased because I don't like counter all that much...but that's just my opinion for ya.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Mindgames maybe? They get ready to punish QD's ending lag and you slide right into them mid-Counter.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
its good for that occasional omfg what happened but other than that pointless. at least thats the way i see it

Top Bottom