• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ideas Thread aka Skype group info dump

-Cross-

Smash Ace
So last night, xeylode, poke, and I had a pretty good discussion going on in the skype chat. I figure that it might be a good idea to post some of them here on the boards since not everybody is in the skype group,
*cough*jointheskypegroupNOWWW*cough*
and hopefully receive other people's inputs on the matters discussed.

The Idea:Cross up dash attack
The goal: Delaying the dash attack so that it hits the back end of the shield and you end up behind the shield. Bait out an OoS action (usually shield grab) and get a free punish
Variation: Hit back end of the shield, then cancel into u-smash and charge. If you get a shield grab, in theory, you should be able to hit them with the back end of the u-smash. Also if they roll back for some reason, you could theoretically catch them. Only question is if they get shield pushed too far by the dash attack for the u-smash to hit.

The Idea: Bdacus as an escape/reset option
The goal: As it implies, use bdacus the same way you would use IAP or Snake's DACUS to reset the situation. Comes out faster than IAP, so could potentially catch an opponent off-guard

The Idea: Ftilt@laser lock%'s>bdacus
The goal: Try and punish people who in order to avoid a hard knockdown and potentially get laser locked, air dodge to the ground. Knockback from ftilt, however, may be too much. Xeylode also pointed out that this is DI dependent, the only question is how much would DI affect the trajectory of the ftilt?

The Idea: Ledge drop triple laser
The goal: Everybody knows Rain's run off the edge, jump back double laser . Just do that except, you jump earlier and you shoot 3 lasers not 2. The theory is that you can get 2 lasers at silent laser/almost silent laser height in quick succession as the first and third laser. The goal is to use it as a mixup with Rain's tech especially if people start immediately running at you when they see you run off the stage. This could potentially catch them in their initial dash and still put you in a pretty good spot with the third laser as a silent laser. *Does not hit crawling or very short opponents reliably*

So these were some of the ideas we talked about. Thoughts and comments are strongly encouraged especially if you have employed any of these tactics. If these ideas are new to you, please try them out and post your feedback. I will probably have a quote section for each idea for the posts that explain the validity of that idea/tactic.

I also strongly encourage people to post in the Skype thread and join the Falco Skype group.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Using BDACUS to escape is actually an idea I have pondered since I watched Kasper perform BDACUS consecutively in a video. Unfortunately, I cannot perform BDACUS consistently enough to gauge its effectiveness as an escape option, but I feel like it could be a powerful tool.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Look atchu guys doin work over thur.

Interesting stuff.

Top Bottom