• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Houston thread; Smashfest September 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
Hey wat yall think if i have another little smashfest this friday-but ill be more prepared-and more ORANGE SODA!!!!!-lol-yea every is welcome to come this friday-aiight peace

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Argh, I have work this coming weekend, but yeah, someone should have a tourney/smashfest/whatever.

*EDIT: Lol, orange soda. Coke is better. :ohwell:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So my birthday is this Tuesday and I have an operation on my arm in two weeks to get a metal plate removed from inside of it (leaving my left arm/hand useless after that.)
How long will your arm be gimped for? :ohwell:

I'd definately be up for comin'.

TGM

Smash Lord
ATTENTION HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption(wii) will be in stores on tuesday. I will then be out of order for the next month due to this game. Smash will take the back seat. See yall in a month!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol @ TGM's post. I don't think it'll be that incredible, but I'm probably wrong...

Sucks to hear that, Jake. It's not permanent is it?

Jake13

Smash Lord
I will be out of anything involving my left arm for about a month, then I'll be in physical therapy for another month. I'd say I've got a two month gimp a-comin'.

At least I get to keep the metal plate and screws, right?

But yes, if I can get the place cleaned up by this next weekend, and am not killed by first week of school, I will hold a tournament at my house.

There will only be one condition:

There MUST be a crew battle for money, they're just too good. And if we could record it, that'd be amazing. I had a lot of fun a year ago at DEFY's place watching the crew battle, let's recreate that.... But with money.

Can I get a chyeah boi?

(No super mag+ronnie vs aladin though, that's just not fun to watch. Low tier crew and a regular crew battle? I think so.)

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
how about TOUCH THA NASTY vs any other crew in houston?

hey jake would it be possible to have it one week later? jw

Riot_

Smash Cadet
Jake, would there be any way of having it the weekend after? This weekend is kinda short notice and I was gonna buy some new clothes for college. ;)

I promise if you move it it'll be worth your while, I'll bring a cake or buy a bunch of soda or something.

Velox

Smash Ace
Jake, a tournament at Defy's house would me most awesome. Plus it's reputable, everyone who's everyone will show, but it'd have to be the 2nd weekend in September, that's be extremely awesome.

Edit*** And let's just do Magnolia (G@BE, Sethlon, Bear, Velox, Ronnie) vs. Houston (everyone else, pick from Roy_R, Mouf, TGM, Riot, Oscar, JakeThirteen, Defy, Moggie, JF, XZalla, 3000, T-Rex, Tarzan/M Damon, etc. not in any order BTW). As much as it pains me to play against my dawgs from Houston (Mouf, TGM, Oscar, Defy, Jake, XZalla, etc.) Oh, and I guess Sand-Trap is Houston as well now?

That is the biggest rivalry in Houston/Mag area (hence the regional name).

If Rayzorium comes I'll let him have my spot on the Magnolia team XD

We're out to prove Magnolia is again leading this region.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Can't make it the second weekend in September, as previously stated, I will not have an arm at that point. IE, I won't be able to physically play smash.

Mouf has brought up a very good technique and I must give him credit for this; the two top placements in the singles tourney will be team captians, and we will pick people off of the wall "dodge-ball" style. This is the most fair way to do things, and will make the battle the most fun.

yaknowhadimean?

TGM

Smash Lord
Can't make it the second weekend in September, as previously stated, I will not have an arm at that point. IE, I won't be able to physically play smash.

Mouf has brought up a very good technique and I must give him credit for this; the two top placements in the singles tourney will be team captians, and we will pick people off of the wall "dodge-ball" style. This is the most fair way to do things, and will make the battle the most fun.

yaknowhadimean?

If my wii is back before friday, count me out.......

If my wii is NOT back before friday,count me in........

The idea of top 2 being captains is dumb. Ronnie live sin Houston, hes exit 56A =almost the ehart of houston. so mag shouldnt get him. but that would make it unfair wouldnt it? we get Roy,SE,me/mouf? WAHAHAHAHAHAH so i suggest we do this...................its just an idea.

Low tier crew battle. highly suggest this since the houston vs mag thing is too houston sided.Plus, this would be a 1st in our low tier history.

Mag=Gabe(pika),Seth(roy),Velox(yoshi),Bear(????)

vs

Houston=Mouf(dk),Roy(Game&watch),Se(Link?),TGM(Ylink)...........or take away me and roy and add some from jakes crew or the aladins.

OR!

Put ronnie on a team with sethlon and give them each 10 stock. Then 5 of us get 4 stocks and we fight them................again just an idea.....smash gets so boring. why not mix it up?

To riot: screw college! Screw BioShock(horrible game). go play smash.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
If my wii is back before friday, count me out.......

If my wii is NOT back before friday,count me in........

The idea of top 2 being captains is dumb. Ronnie live sin Houston, hes exit 56A =almost the ehart of houston. so mag shouldnt get him. but that would make it unfair wouldnt it? we get Roy,SE,me/mouf? WAHAHAHAHAHAH so i suggest we do this...................its just an idea.

Low tier crew battle. highly suggest this since the houston vs mag thing is too houston sided.Plus, this would be a 1st in our low tier history.

Mag=Gabe(pika),Seth(roy),Velox(yoshi),Bear(????)

vs

Houston=Mouf(dk),Roy(Game&watch),Se(Link?),TGM(Ylink)...........or take away me and roy and add some from jakes crew or the aladins.

OR!

Put ronnie on a team with sethlon and give them each 10 stock. Then 5 of us get 4 stocks and we fight them................again just an idea.....smash gets so boring. why not mix it up?

To riot: screw college! Screw BioShock(horrible game). go play smash.
wtf tgm........ just just contradicted yourself big time, I been suggesting this low tier crew battle for the longest and yet you ditched it saying "loew crew battle is dumb.... I suggest a tourney"

low tier crew batte is dumb. cause:

Mouf DK
Gabe Pika
Sethlon Roy

these are honestly the only GOOD low tiers. everyone else is horrible(including me) so a crew battle would be just as bad as aladin crew+me VS team mag+ronnie.

i suggest a low tier TOURNAMENT.

Oh and to the rest of you: jeremy does not have a desert eagle.......its actualy this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=99UPQEFSGVQ

and now I see you saying "oh a low tier crew battle is what we need" , so wtf even mouf already suggested the low tier crew battle teams too and I agree to the one he mentioned, so wtf(again) make some sense :mad: anyways I had this idea first and yet nobody has answered but only mouf and resumed(positive) so now tgm says it and its cool omg this scene is so messed up XD

TGM

Smash Lord
my opinions are the only ones that count!!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!##!#!#!#!#!##!#!#!#

right?????????????????????????????????

good ideas guys.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
my opinions are the only ones that count!!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!##!#!#!#!#!##!#!#!#

right?????????????????????????????????

good ideas guys.
hahahaha...........no ,idi** how about you shove your ideas up your you know what and stop trying to steal ideas that have already been stated by someone else, like the one I did, and get your own and stop thinking that what you say is right

and yes mp3 is coming out yey, now st** and don't go around saying it was your idea

go head and say w/e you want about me you know what I just said its the truth

Velox

Smash Ace
Oh, my bad TGM, I forgot. You're right, we'd have to split Sethlon and G@BE up after seeing that last crew battle to make it fair.

Quit being a f**, Magnolia'd beat Houston.

Seeing there is a lot of confusion about Ronnie (have you forgot he now near Spring, smack in the middle of Houston/Magnolia), we should omit him completely from the crew battle to be fair to both sides.

You seem to take me and Bear very lightly TGM. Bear has the tournament finishes to back him up (WTF, he's beaten you everytime, quit Sheik johning), I don't, but none of you have even played me since I like totally sucked (January). And no, that one Ronnie tournament in June didn't really count due to totally not having played for like 6 weeks previously (ask G@BE or Sethlon, I dropped off the fact of the earth before that and for like the whole summer now that I think about it, not even taking smash seriously anymore). The only person who ***** me in Houston is Ronnie. Roy_R got horribly lucky last tournament, and I was out of practice (I SDed badly). And Ronnie won't be in the crew battle so I'll have nothing to worry about. It sounds like a reasonable comprimise doesn't it Allan?

Oh, and finally... G@BE is greater than or equal to Roy_R.

Sethlon
G@BE
Bear
Velox

Roy_R
TGM
Mouf
Rayzorium (If you can get him down here), otherwise Oscar/JakeThirteen/Defy (someone from the actual Houston Crew should be added, both skill and location-wise) are all good additions.

And I hate to do stupid-low-IQ-trash-talking (seemingly stupid statements to provoke a match), but if you're so sure you're gunna win and that I'm full of **** and gunna get *****, then just do the crew battle. Seriously.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Well, I've laid down the tourney rules, as well as the crew rules. If people don't want to abide by that, I just won't have it. Pretty simple, eh?

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
hey when is there going to be another smashfest anywhere i am looking forward to going

}--->ANDREW AKA NEON<---{

Riot_

Smash Cadet
Jake, any chance of having it this weekend but on Sunday/Monday?

That'd be better for everyone I think, I forgot it was labor day weekend and I can buy clothes/shoes Saturday.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I agree with Riot. Would it be possible to hold it on Sunday instead? It would be awesome if you can.

Jake13

Smash Lord
I have work. If everyone wants to move it, I might as well just drop it since everyone seems to not be able to make it. How unfortunate.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Shame. I return from a long hiatus to see that Jake WOULD'VE had a smashfest thingy this weekend but can't due to lack of people

Jake13

Smash Lord
Could still go on if people aren't going to be babies about it :/ (not directed at the date changers, promise).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I can go, but I wouldn't be able to make it until around 11 PM. Will it still be going on around that time? <_<

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
Ill have another smashfest on-lets see-Saturday or Sunday this week-let me know what yall think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom