• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Guy on the Scene

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
My tag is the Great Kazoo. I have recently begun to learn how to play Melee for about on month now. I am looking to actually test my abilities in the game by playing anyone in the Metro Atlanta area (& when I say metro, I mean within the 285 loop). While Genesis would be a good avenue for that, I currently don't have the money or the time go there (going to school @ the North Avenue Trade School will do that to you. :urg:)

I have some videos of some practice play on my youtube channel. (http://www.youtube.com/user/GrandAdmiralShavy) If anyone is in the Atl who plays competitively, please shoot me a message or reply to this post.

I look forward to hearing from someone.

Thank you for your time.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
lol, so many comp stomps, so hilarious. No wonder you want some human competition, playing comps like that will never get you pro level. :D

Nice quality though. :p

Pi

Smash Hero
yea that quality is absurd
think you could lure some people over with their crews just to be recorded in that type of quality

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Thanks for the praise for the vids, hopefully I can master Vega Pro to make them even more awesome.

If I eventually get anyone to play against, then I will use the same recording material to record the matches.

By the way, I use this for recording:
--Hauppauge HD PVR 1212
and this for editing:
--Sony Vegas 9.0 64 bit edition

Are any of you guys in the Atlanta area and play competitive Smash?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Myself and ZOM~B are about 40 minutes north of Atlanta.

There's a game store, Waba Games, in Duluth. You should check out that thread in the ATL South.
I read a little about the Waba tourneys--unfortunately, I can't get out there on a weekly basis due to me not having a car for the next three months at least.

When I do get one, I will be sure to come out there.

However, do you know anything closer to my area?

Rayku

Smash Lord
I read a little about the Waba tourneys--unfortunately, I can't get out there on a weekly basis due to me not having a car for the next three months at least.

When I do get one, I will be sure to come out there.

However, do you know anything closer to my area?
Personally, I don't know. Normally anything of meritable size is posted on smashboards.

I sent you a PM, but I guess I can just ask it here.

D'you have AIM by any chance? If you do, you could send me an IM @raykuthunder.

It's always good to have new smash players in GA

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
you like the dair lol luigi is good in meele. i have a questionn how do you post here yet your post count says zero lol random question

Saltix

Smash Lord
haha wow
I saw this and I thought it said ThegreatYazoo
that's my name ;D

nice to meet you.
Strictly Melee?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
brawl players hopped on this real quick, lol.
I'm trying to show everyone here that Georgia Smash Melee doesn't begin (and perhaps end) with you...hopefully with enough practice I can reach that level.

And btw, you were one of the inspirations I had to quit Brawl and go to Melee, so thanks. :)

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
a number of melee players at north avenue trade school (aka gt):

myself (the king of smash brothers)
tong (leaving for asia in a month....)
jeff (sux)
maus (currently korea-ing it up, will be back in fall)
kosine (ghost, haven't seen much of him but then again we've been playing brawl lawl)
and a number of other casual players, although most of them play brawl now cuz they scrubs

did i forget anyone?

oh yea there's that noob xif, but he just plain sucks

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Lambchops is moving to Atlanta I think. He is one of the best in florida. He's a smart guy and he is always giving advice to people. You should check him out.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
And btw, you were one of the inspirations I had to quit Brawl and go to Melee, so thanks. :)
I inspire people?!

>.>

<.<

Uh oh.

~~~ I MEAN GREAT, GREAT! YEAH. RAH RAH FIGHT THE POWER! ^_^
Thats what I like to hear. :)

The majority of active melee players is in the metro-atlanta area or the surrounding areas.
I'm in suwanee, Sleepy K is in lilburn, Soft is in lawrenceville, just to name a few.
What? more like 98.4%. Alpha quit (again), so columbus is out. So there's like, me; and part of jx (the part that hypes up tourneys in a thread. XD)

I mean, n64 counts for as long as he's down here. But yeah. F**K YOU NORTHERNERS.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good God. That video quality is ridiculous... O_____O

Come to AL. We play Melee too... :3

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
a number of melee players at north avenue trade school (aka gt):

myself (the king of smash brothers)
tong (leaving for asia in a month....)
jeff (sux)
maus (currently korea-ing it up, will be back in fall)
kosine (ghost, haven't seen much of him but then again we've been playing brawl lawl)
and a number of other casual players, although most of them play brawl now cuz they scrubs

did i forget anyone?

oh yea there's that noob xif, but he just plain sucks
Are you taking classes or around Tech for the summer?

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking classes and I stay near Tech for most of the week, so a setup of some sort would be possible

likely next week since it's dead week
unless i get my hands on blazblue

Top Bottom