• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch Discovered: Pac-Man Trampoline Stage Drop

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Saying this is broken cuz you can't recover seems to me like it's saying edgeguards are broken cuz you can't recover...

And edgeguards are easier to do....

I've gimped Sheiks at 0% so the fact you can get people under the stage at 0% is trivial.

At least, that's the way I see it

Last edited:

Goggalor

Smash Cadet
For the people whoe are saying "Oh, you could just jump out of it". That may be true for the blue and yellow trampoline, but if you land on the red one you are put into freefall. Which makes you as good as gone.
Then as far as the glitch itself goes, i think there might be a bit more to the whole thing. There have been multiple cases of a Pac-Man gping for his up-b off stage trying to recover, and him falling through the stage himself. I know there is a thread on that, as well as this whole thing, over on the Pac-Man forum.
As a Pac-Main though, I would never catch myself intentionally trying to pull this off. I think it's a cheap kill, which is something that I wouldn't ever pride myself on. Plus, like what was said a couple times before, I think it's pretty situational to pull off. So I wouldn't even try to work it into by gameplan.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Saying this is broken cuz you can't recover seems to me like it's saying edgeguards are broken cuz you can't recover...

I've gimped Sheiks at 0% so the fact you can get people under the stage at 0% is trivial.

No. You're wrong.. and dumb. Quit this game. Jeez.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
This thread makes me wish smashboards had a downvote button....
Me too, but I'd be downvoting an unfortunate number of posts. They do realize that forcing someone to fall through a stage is not a tech, right?

It is a glitch, and one that will assuredly get patched in due time.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
No. You're wrong.. and dumb. Quit this game. Jeez.
An explanation would be helpful so I can see where I am ´wrong´. Though I feel my point is rather valid.
Also I like smash, and don't plan to quit it anytime soon :3 Calling me dumb isn't gonna change that XP

PrimeTF

Banned via Warnings
What's the point of posting about these if they're going to be patched anyways?

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Ran into a player today on For Glory desperately trying to use this trick against my Roy. When I realized what he was doing, I played patiently and almost never moved towards him or his traps, eventually bodying him for a couple games. At one point I did get caught in the glitch, but I managed to grab the ledge nonetheless.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
JSYK, this glitch doesn't actually work with red trampoline (EXCEPT in a really situational position where a red trampoline is mostly inside the stage due to stage tiltings when you hit it, but that's a separate glitch altogether).

Me too, but I'd be downvoting an unfortunate number of posts. They do realize that forcing someone to fall through a stage is not a tech, right?

I'll admit I am REALLY playing Devil's advocate on this one, because I do agree that this is a glitch that will undoubtedly get patched, but on the subject of tech and glitches being mutually exclusive...

*cough* wavedashing *cough*

________

That said, most of the posts in this thread are correct, and we are not likely to get easy gimps with this.

BeBetterGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeBetterGamer
Neat find! Although it'll be patched out soon I bet...aren't we glad we live in an age of gaming where glitches can be fixed? I know I am!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master

Dude haven't you heard? EVERYTHING in smash 4 is an advanced tech.

It has shield grabbing.

SHIELD GRABBING!

Now lets all circlejerk and say the word "metagame" over 9000 times each until Smash 4 is considered a game that requires a lot of skill.

.... is it working yet?

Eureka

Smash Ace

It has shield grabbing.

SHIELD GRABBING!

Now lets all circlejerk and say the word "metagame" over 9000 times each until Smash 4 is considered a game that requires a lot of skill.

.... is it working yet?
So are you going to just insult and troll or are you going to offer something constructive? Just because a game doesn't require a ridiculous amount of tech skill to even begin to start competing doesn't mean it doesn't require skill at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can have your opinion on Smash 4, but please stop being a jerk about it. It just destroys any sort of credibility your point may have and ticks people off.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
So are you going to just insult and troll or are you going to offer something constructive? Just because a game doesn't require a ridiculous amount of tech skill to even begin to start competing doesn't mean it doesn't require skill at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can have your opinion on Smash 4, but please stop being a jerk about it. It just destroys any sort of credibility your point may have and ticks people off.
Reactions like this make it all worth it, man. Chill out, I'm just being sarcastic, no need to be so sensitive just because my sarcasm is realistic.

Seriously dude, if my sarcasm annoys you just deal with it. It's more annoying to watch people over-hype the "advanced" tech in smash 4 when there really isn't any. Plus, anything you guys discover that gives an advantage will be patched out anyway.... thus making the entire process of developing a metagame pointless.

metagame metagame metagame metagame metagame

Eureka

Smash Ace
Reactions like this make it all worth it, man. Chill out, I'm just being sarcastic, no need to be so sensitive just because my sarcasm is realistic.

Seriously dude, if my sarcasm annoys you just deal with it. It's more annoying to watch people over-hype the "advanced" tech in smash 4 when there really isn't any. Plus, anything you guys discover that gives an advantage will be patched out anyway.... thus making the entire process of developing a metagame pointless.

metagame metagame metagame metagame metagame
Yeah it's sarcasm, but that doesn't make it any less rude or insulting to the Smash 4 players. Nor does it change the fact that you where and still are trying to provoke a reaction out of people which is trolling. And I am trying to "deal with it" by politely asking you to stop so other people don't get offended or drawn into an argument in the future.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah it's sarcasm, but that doesn't make it any less rude or insulting to the Smash 4 players. Nor does it change the fact that you where and still are trying to provoke a reaction out of people which is trolling. And I am trying to "deal with it" by politely asking you to stop so other people don't get offended or drawn into an argument in the future.
Sigh... and this is why people think smash players are all white knight neckbeards. Conflict encourages discussion. There is no nice way to deal with stupidity (such as making smash 4 techniques sounds more complicated than they are)

I still can't believe that we had a threat on the "intricasy" of shield grabbing... you shield, and you press A.... wtf.

Goggalor

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure the whole point that's trying to be made is that you are making a big deal and going way off topic because of one person who foolishly called this a tech, which is obviously a glitch.
If you are going to complain about smash 4 and its specific mechanics, then I'm sure there are threads about it in the Melee and Project M threads.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
An explanation would be helpful so I can see where I am ´wrong´. Though I feel my point is rather valid.
Also I like smash, and don't plan to quit it anytime soon :3 Calling me dumb isn't gonna change that XP
Didn't think it would based on what I said :3. Just pointing out the facts! XP

lol..

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280

It has shield grabbing.

SHIELD GRABBING!

.... is it working yet?
You're probably never going to believe this, but I don't give a lick about tech skill. Never have, never will. Not one ****, not two ****s, not red ****s, and not blue ****s.

Melee doesn't appeal to me. I don't like its style, I don't like its balance (lack thereof), and I don't like the way it's played. Ignore the fact it has a metagame if you want to, but I'll enjoy it far more than I'll ever enjoy Melee at a competitive level.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

It has shield grabbing.

SHIELD GRABBING!

.... is it working yet?
Every game can't be as hype as one that lets you get a kill by stealing the ledge and being invincible so they fall to their death at 20%

#skill

Get real lol

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Every game can't be as hype as one that lets you get a kill by stealing the ledge and being invincible so they fall to their death at 20%

#skill

Get real lol
If it's so easy, I'm sure you can just 4 stock anybody you want in melee, right?

Wrong. Gimp kills take skill, or you have to play against a really stupid opponnent.

Whatever, enjoy the new mechanic of everyone gets the ledge for free, although it's a pretty dumb mechanics designed to please scrubs.

ClutchCity

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch5000
If it's so easy, I'm sure you can just 4 stock anybody you want in melee, right?

Wrong. Gimp kills take skill, or you have to play against a really stupid opponnent.

Whatever, enjoy the new mechanic of everyone gets the ledge for free, although it's a pretty dumb mechanics designed to please scrubs.
You being so petty and trying to back pedal from trolling is pathetic. Acknowledge that you're a sadist and head back to the melee forums.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You being so petty and trying to back pedal from trolling is pathetic. Acknowledge that you're a sadist and head back to the melee forums.
LOL... calling someone a sadist because they have opinions about a video game. Overly sensitive b.s at it's finest.

Acknowledge that you're a scrub and go back to the brawl....er..smash 4 forums.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

Cheap kills are so hype bro. I wouldn't like Smash 4 either if I was a melee guy, I'd have to actually work for kills and take some risks.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
1/10 this troll is giving up, lame
Yeah I know you want me to rage or get all salty and autistic on you, sorry about that bruh.

Don't give up, if it means anything I was a bit annoyed by your trolling attempts... and I could see you getting a rage fit out of most melee fukbois.

All in all I'd give your trolling a rating of 4 / 5 trolls. :troll::troll::troll::troll:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
LOL... calling someone a sadist because they have opinions about a video game. Overly sensitive b.s at it's finest.

Acknowledge that you're a scrub and go back to the brawl....er..smash 4 forums.
You're a classic example of why the Melee fanbase has such a bad reputation.

-NV

Smash Cadet

Top Bottom