New Glitch Discovered: Pac-Man Trampoline Stage Drop

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Premium
A new and very powerful glitch has been discovered involving Pac-Man. It seems that Pac-Man is capable of sending all characters through the stage on all stages using his up-b. Upon a character breaking the red shield, if Pac-Man initiates his up-b the character will fall through the stage. Depending on the character and placement on the stage, there is no way to recover. Youtuber StylesX2 made a video showcasing this strange phenomena.

When will this be patched out of the game? Will this need to be banned from tournaments? There is a lot to discuss on the matter so feel free to do so in the comments, and stay tuned to Smashboards for future updates on the situation.

SmashCapps could see this making matches in For Glory VERY interesting. To discuss this glitch or keep up with all things Smash follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Oh, Pac-Man.
So Troll.:4pacman: I think it's the second time his Trampoline is giving players trouble?
Oh well oO

I suppose players will have to be careful to not jump on his trampoline in online play. I do wonder what's going to happen in tournaments, particulary EVO, if Nintendo doesn't patches it soon.

Last edited:
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
NNID
MisterDom
PAC MAN GOD TIER :eek:
Pac-Man goes beyond. He's TITAN TIER! But seriously, this doesn't change anything in the tier list in my opinion. It just doesn't seem very reliable at all, and it will be taken away later. But like I said earlier, it does seem interesting, and I know this probably will happen at least once in tournament...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
Premium
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
NNID
Pacack
Pac-Man goes beyond. He's TITAN TIER! But seriously, this doesn't change anything in the tier list in my opinion. It just doesn't seem very reliable at all, and it will be taken away later. But like I said earlier, it does seem interesting, and I know this probably will happen at least once in tournament...
It's actually surprisingly easy to pull off.

But it's definitely getting patched soon, so it doesn't matter.

3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
NNID
Phoenix502
as screwy as it looks, it's as folks say, it doesn't look that hard to avoid...

it's not like I need the trampoline, and those recoveries looked lousy, any competent player can have a chance of recovering from underneath Smashville.

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
NNID
ShaDow94
Lol of all characters it has to be the troll master Pacman. This will definitely be patched out but not so troublesome for tourney goers that know about it.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Shouldn't be banned. It'll go on the patch list for sure, but I can't see anything immediate unless everyone is running to For Glory as I type to do this(>__>) then it might get a Mewtwo esque patch within the week/month.

You can also jump out of this afaik unless you're knocked onto it with fair or something.

Anyway, pretty neat. Not remotely difficult to pull off, but requires you to jump on the trampoline while pacman is at neutral, so I doubt it'd work against anyone who isn't aware. Might be pretty neat against ledge options similar to red tramp setups, but without the huge setup time.

3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
NNID
BenHolt
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Doesn't seem very broken. One could easily avoid the red trampoline.
And anyone notice that Pac-Man is just full of glitches? Once one goes, another pops up.