• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch Discovered: Pac-Man Trampoline Stage Drop

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
A new and very powerful glitch has been discovered involving Pac-Man. It seems that Pac-Man is capable of sending all characters through the stage on all stages using his up-b. Upon a character breaking the red shield, if Pac-Man initiates his up-b the character will fall through the stage. Depending on the character and placement on the stage, there is no way to recover. Youtuber StylesX2 made a video showcasing this strange phenomena.

When will this be patched out of the game? Will this need to be banned from tournaments? There is a lot to discuss on the matter so feel free to do so in the comments, and stay tuned to Smashboards for future updates on the situation.

SmashCapps could see this making matches in For Glory VERY interesting. To discuss this glitch or keep up with all things Smash follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I think I saw this once irl. Now every stage can be Melee Pokemon Stadium!

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Doesn't look broken, as anyone who is aware of it could just immediately jump to counter it. Or even bait out the upb and punish. But this doesn't look intentional by Sakurai at all.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Oh, Pac-Man.
So Troll.:4pacman: I think it's the second time his Trampoline is giving players trouble?
Oh well oO

I suppose players will have to be careful to not jump on his trampoline in online play. I do wonder what's going to happen in tournaments, particulary EVO, if Nintendo doesn't patches it soon.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
This ain't Pac-Man, this guy can summon the almighty trampoline and can decide whether you live or die with the drop of a hat.

No, this is Pac-GOD.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
For those saying that you should just recover, I would like to stress that certain stages actually make it completely impossible.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Man why can't we get INTERESTING glitches lol. All we get is broken stuff that only helps one character.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
The thing is, with the right positioning, his down throw will send them right into it.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is just Sakurai and team's way of testing (a messed up version of) the Portal gun. Newcomer Chell confirmed. Oh, and Half-Life 3 too. :p

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
"When will this be patches out of the game?"
WHEN WILL THIS BE PATCHES OUT OF THE GAME?!!

Just pulled it off! Wasn't easy.

Last edited:

Glutten

Smash Rookie
pac man mains make yourselves a favour and don't even bother trying to master this for competitive use so when a patch comes out and fixes the glitch you won't feel like you were "nerfed"

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
You never cease to amaze me, Pac-Man. Oh my... XD

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
PAC MAN GOD TIER :eek:
Pac-Man goes beyond. He's TITAN TIER! But seriously, this doesn't change anything in the tier list in my opinion. It just doesn't seem very reliable at all, and it will be taken away later. But like I said earlier, it does seem interesting, and I know this probably will happen at least once in tournament...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pac-Man goes beyond. He's TITAN TIER! But seriously, this doesn't change anything in the tier list in my opinion. It just doesn't seem very reliable at all, and it will be taken away later. But like I said earlier, it does seem interesting, and I know this probably will happen at least once in tournament...
It's actually surprisingly easy to pull off.

But it's definitely getting patched soon, so it doesn't matter.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
as screwy as it looks, it's as folks say, it doesn't look that hard to avoid...

it's not like I need the trampoline, and those recoveries looked lousy, any competent player can have a chance of recovering from underneath Smashville.

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Lol of all characters it has to be the troll master Pacman. This will definitely be patched out but not so troublesome for tourney goers that know about it.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Oh, man...That glitch is bound to make Pac-Man :4pacman: overpowered.
Here's hoping it quickly gets patched.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
MOST BROKEN THING EVER.
Literally, everyone but :4villager::4pit: and multiple jumpers instantly die.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Shouldn't be banned. It'll go on the patch list for sure, but I can't see anything immediate unless everyone is running to For Glory as I type to do this(>__>) then it might get a Mewtwo esque patch within the week/month.

You can also jump out of this afaik unless you're knocked onto it with fair or something.

Anyway, pretty neat. Not remotely difficult to pull off, but requires you to jump on the trampoline while pacman is at neutral, so I doubt it'd work against anyone who isn't aware. Might be pretty neat against ledge options similar to red tramp setups, but without the huge setup time.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Doesn't seem very broken. One could easily avoid the red trampoline.
And anyone notice that Pac-Man is just full of glitches? Once one goes, another pops up.

Top Bottom