• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Garfont 9 - A Xenoblade series discussion thread

Which one would you rather prefer next?

• An HD remaster of Xenoblade 1

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • A port of Xenoblade X

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

A bit late but:

Soraya Saga RT'd several tweets related to Nintendo's E3 Direct.

It could mean anything, like a trailer for XC2's new scenario, but also a port of XCX, an HD remaster of XC1, a collection of all the Xenosaga games, a Xenoblade newcomer for Smash... or nothing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The next set of DLC comes out this Friday.

Quick question - would it be better to get the DLC after I've finished the game? I'd like to be able to use Shulk and Fiora, but I don't want to spoil myself on anything that I haven't seen yet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The next set of DLC comes out this Friday.

Quick question - would it be better to get the DLC after I've finished the game? I'd like to be able to use Shulk and Fiora, but I don't want to spoil myself on anything that I haven't seen yet.
maybe it be ideal to have good grip of the combat system before going for this challenge mode, if you already have then i dont think itll have any spoilers in it

like the sound of having costumes for people

On the one hand, they finally managed to do something that doesnt spoil 7

On the other. . .they spoiled one of the biggest things of XC2. Yikes.

Will definitely get this DLC if I ever have time/money but frankly im not sure I will.
:061:

D

Deleted member

So how people here are enjoying the new Challenge Mode?
That one with Jin is a bit long but man he's enjoyable to play as with arts he used during his boss fights.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Quick question.

I've recently resumed my playthrough of XC2 and I'm wondering, if I play the Challenge mode, will I be spoiled on any of the plot?
Additionally, when can I start doing Challenge mode? Thanks in advance.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Quick question.

I've recently resumed my playthrough of XC2 and I'm wondering, if I play the Challenge mode, will I be spoiled on any of the plot?
Additionally, when can I start doing Challenge mode? Thanks in advance.
Yeah, they are a few missions to put you into late game area, notably, the challenge "Serious Showdown" is a big spoiler for the end of Chapter 6 & 7, so be sure to be at chapter 8 at this point.

You can access it at the start of Chapter 4, since the arena where you can access is only avaible after the end of Chapter 3.

If you really want to play some challenges, try to play missions with only 3 stars, those shouldn't have any big spoilers I think.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So uh.

I appear to be having trouble with one of the fights in chapter 5.
Zeke, to be specific. The main reason that I'm having trouble is that I'm only able to use two party members for the boss fight, for whatever reason. I don't know whether or not that's supposed to be the case or not, because, prior to that, I had Morag as the party leader, and she can't be used in the fight against Zeke, so when it started the only characters in my party were Rex and Nia, and it wouldn't let me add a third party member. I don't know if this is intentional or if it's a glitch of some sort, but I want to now if there is a way to fix this and/or what the best way to go about fighting him is.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: Never mind lol I figured out what my problem was.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
we have a release date for torna the golden country the 14th of next month as dlc and the retail release on the 21st

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I've spent this weekend to play through and finish TTGC nearly non-stop, for a total of nearly 30 hours.

Here's my thoughts here, containing spoilers:
A correct extension given the price, but I'm still a little frustrated to think it could have been better, like with the addition of another recycled region like Mor Ardain, and it makes me even more frustrated that two of the most requested features lacking in the base game, namely the defeated UM marks and rewatchable tutorials, are included in TTGC, but not in the base game.

One of TTGC's biggest flaws, if not the biggest, is the forced filler with the sidequests you have to complete to continue the story, as I like to nickname it the XCX syndrome. You could say it was a way to form an attachment to Torna's inhabitants before meeting the fate we know, but I would still have liked to go through the main story as I want.

On the brighter side of the things, I enjoyed the revised gameplay, even if it is fatally not as deep and varied as the main game's, and the fact you have a set party and don't have to rely on RNG again.

And now to come on my favorite moment of the game:
The epilogue, through the final boss battle, hands down much better than base game's in every way, from the atmosphere to the Siren gimmick, to Mythra's development, going from a petulant child to a lesser petulant woman, to Lora's abusive father becoming Mumkhar 2.0.

As for the music, you can hear it has been made with less people, but I appreciate how they made remixes of some of base game's tracks to fit with TTGC's atmosphere, like you what's going to happen to this country, and you can't help but have to assist to its demise.

Overall, a solid side game, which would have benefited of a longer development.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Alright, so I've spent this weekend to play through and finish TTGC nearly non-stop, for a total of nearly 30 hours.
Wow, sadly the DLC dropped after summer, I got a lot of things to do that somewhat kept me away from playing this game. I still manage to play for over 3 hours though.

Even though I expect the ending since I already played the main story but... Not gonna check the spoiler yet lol.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
been enjoying the golden country so far
Great the battle system so far I'm getting more hooked, it's good, but if the DLC can have you pair the rare Blades you got from XC2, oh boy...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive just finished torna the golden country

it broke my heart when milton and hugo died

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, I just finished XC1 finally. Now all I gotta do is beat Future Connected, and I can FINALLY get XC3.

Speaking of, I'm surprised that game hasn't lead to more activity in this thread...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm pretty sure it's just a pun on the name Twitter. Admittedly, it's hard to tell tone purely through text - if it is a joke, putting something like this at the end might have helped:

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is a bit of a jerk move.
sorry

You don't have to call someone names for having a different opinion than you.
it's not about different opinions. it's about not thinking one game can be topped is a daft way of looking at things and possibly not going to give other things a fair chance. something a lot of us gamers are prone to doing and something we should learn not to do. but placing one game on a pedestal like that isn't going to help. sure he got a massive surprise this time but if they end up putting 3 one a pedestal? believing that one game can't be topped is just foolish.

perhaps i should have explained all that in the first place but you see i too am a twit

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So how's everyone enjoying 3? I find myself fully drawn into the game even if the start was a bit off for me. After about half of chapter 2, I found the game much more enjoying. Still on early chapter 3 though. Is this game progressing faster than 2 and the original or something ? Cause I kinda catch that feel.

I do appreciate the simpler combat compared to 2 at least, whilst being way more diverse. I also love how enemies aren't as noisy, and don't regularly seem to jump into the already engaged battles. 2 was especially terrible with the higher level monsters jumping in at the most frustrating moments.

Another opinion: I also feel the characters are done better than 1 , but so far not so much 2, even if I can do without 2's weirdness it feels like the conversations between characters was a bit deeper there. Not sure how this will progress further in the story. But I feel it might not catch the same debt as in 2, and instead focusses more on the overall story of the Ourobos and diabolical system, which is also fine with me as long as it's delivery is good. I find the Chancellors hilarious so far, so that's a plus.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So how's everyone enjoying 3? I find myself fully drawn into the game even if the start was a bit off for me. After about half of chapter 2, I found the game much more enjoying. Still on early chapter 3 though. Is this game progressing faster than 2 and the original or something ? Cause I kinda catch that feel.

I do appreciate the simpler combat compared to 2 at least, whilst being way more diverse. I also love how enemies aren't as noisy, and don't regularly seem to jump into the already engaged battles. 2 was especially terrible with the higher level monsters jumping in at the most frustrating moments.

Another opinion: I also feel the characters are done better than 1 , but so far not so much 2, even if I can do without 2's weirdness it feels like the conversations between characters was a bit deeper there. Not sure how this will progress further in the story. But I feel it might not catch the same debt as in 2, and instead focusses more on the overall story of the Ourobos and diabolical system, which is also fine with me as long as it's delivery is good. I find the Chancellors hilarious so far, so that's a plus.
played it, finished it, loved it

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Haven't got the game yet (knowing my luck, I'll be waiting until Christmas), but apparently one of the Jobs in named "Soulhacker", and honestly that alone makes me wanna play it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Out of the original, 2 and 3, what order would you rank them?
Well I like both 2 & 3 over 1 but I still need time to decide between the two. In the one hand 3 had perhaps the most emotional impact on me across the series but in the other I think 2 was probably funnier, thanks to zeke, which allowed me to forgive the dubious aspects of the game. Do like all the main characters in three more than certain key members of the cast from two

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I like both 2 & 3 over 1 but I still need time to decide between the two. In the one hand 3 had perhaps the most emotional impact on me across the series but in the other I think 2 was probably funnier, thanks to zeke, which allowed me to forgive the dubious aspects of the game. Do like all the main characters in three more than certain key members of the cast from two
I think 2 had a solid cast, one too. I especially liked Dunbar and Reyn even if they're a bit stereotypical, Shulk is also definitely a better lead character than both Rex and Noah, but Noah is a good step up from Rex. But I just dont think the characters of 3 are as fleshed out and rely a bit too heavy on established roles from earlier games. I kind of feel they're playing it a bit too safe, especially since the original and 2 felt so drastically different.

Top Bottom