• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Garfont 9 - A Xenoblade series discussion thread

Which one would you rather prefer next?

• An HD remaster of Xenoblade 1

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • A port of Xenoblade X

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You mean when entering NG+? OK... Got it I guess?
yep all your blades are carried over, ive still got KOS MOS

though i should point out that they stay bounded to the same driver so depending on whos shes bonded to will affect when you get her

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't gotten Xenoblade 2 yet, though I've seen my brother play a bit of it (games are about $80 in Canada, $90 once tax is included, so I'm trying to cut down on buying games at full price), but I have a question.

Once you bind a blade to a driver, is it permanent? I'm just concerned that, since the blade that shows up is pure RNG, I could wind up with a combination that doesn't mesh well with no way to change it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't gotten Xenoblade 2 yet, though I've seen my brother play a bit of it (games are about $80 in Canada, $90 once tax is included, so I'm trying to cut down on buying games at full price), but I have a question.

Once you bind a blade to a driver, is it permanent? I'm just concerned that, since the blade that shows up is pure RNG, I could wind up with a combination that doesn't mesh well with no way to change it.
There is a way you can change a Blade's Driver, but it requires use of a rare item called an Overdrive.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

@Xeno VII already said it so....

To get Overdrive Protocol you can..
Find specific Treasure chest throughout Alrest.
Buy expansion pack
Release a four crown Blade with completed affinity chart.
yep all your blades are carried over, ive still got KOS MOS

though i should point out that they stay bounded to the same driver so depending on whos shes bonded to will affect when you get her
I mean, I can always use Overdrive Protocol so no much of a big deal.

D

Deleted member

@Xeno VII already said it so....

To get Overdrive Protocol you can..
Find specific Treasure chest throughout Alrest.
Buy expansion pack
Release a four crown Blade with completed affinity chart
Completing a Driver's affinity chart works, too. I've done it before.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Completing a Driver's affinity chart works, too. I've done it before.
Oh yeah, forgot about that lol. But then again that's limited. If you want to farm Overdrive Protocol getting four crown blade and complete it's affinity chart works.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont think this counts as a spoiler

you know how unused blades sometime appear in garfront? well obviously they still do in new game plus but even the ones bonded to characters you havent met yet appear

dont know why but i like it

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
i dont think this counts as a spoiler

you know how unused blades sometime appear in garfront? well obviously they still do but even the ones bonded to characters you havent met yet appear

dont know why but i like it
At first I was amused too, but I got bored quick later when seeing them saying how they are bored when doing nothing....

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
heres another thing that can in new game plus

because i had vess from pretty much the get go i viewed her heart to heart before getting the quest where you get her even though in terms of story the quest happens first

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
seems reasonably likely to me
Well... sadly we didn't get any info on XC2...but oh my... SMASH BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think some people will be curious... will Rex or Pyra be in Smash Bros Switch?
This is actually a very interesting discussion... a lot of people said it will until I think it's @Swampasaur that stated Xenoblade 2 and ARMS characters might not be in because previous Smash Bros mostly have rep up to the previous console. Which is a fair point.

However, one that me (And probably most Xenoblade and Smash Bros fans) are going to be annoyed by is whether Pyra will have her design get minor censored or not... a majority of the people in Smash Switch thread were somehow being confident that Smash Bros Switch is going to be a E10+ game and will have characters such as Pyra getting her shorts tweaked, or even absurd wishing her to be completely censored entirely...

They often got me wrong that I wish they don't censor Pyra for some awkward reason they made up... I was just saying I don't mind if it will E10+ and Pyra got minor tweaks if she was in Smash, but by looking at how Nintendo is shying away from doing unnecessary censorship when it comes to Switch games... I just don't see that happening. Especially when a majority of people think this is going to be a new Smash Bros game.

Here's also quote on that thread I need to reply here... not sure if this is appropriate though...
Crazy idea, I know. The best part about my frustration with this threads obsession with XBC2 stuff is that I actually LOVE the Xenoblade franchise. XBC1 is far and away my favorite, but I still like the entire franchise. But the topics related to XBC2 that this thread is seeing are so trivial and really don't matter.
I am just going to put out my two cents on your preference on XC1 being your most favorite...
If it wasn't XC2, XC1 is definitely my favorite as well... XC2 do have some hit or misses compare to XC1, but the new artstyle being expressive and anime is already the deal breaker for me. And also the Blades even though they can be cause some plot holes here and there when it comes to some quests... they are still an awesome feature because they are not only weapons but also an actual party member.
Note: This post was supposed to be sent a day ago... I forgot to post it until now lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Praxis, take off that ridiculous eye-patch! You're infringing my copyright."

Zeke is the new Hades.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Final Smash Gamer
Every time when someone just merely mention "XC2 spoilers", for those who are in the mid playthrough, this can be really annoying sometimes ..... If you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Zeke is the new Hades.
Alright, I have watched some videos and

Good lord, Jin is a freakin' savage in battle. Seriously, in the story, he is generally a calm if a bit impulsif by moment. But on the battlefield?

"Thanks for nothing, Rex!"

"You are too weak to help anyone!"

"Get up, peoples are tripping over you"

"Not bad, considering the lack of preparation!"

Like, holy ****, it's like the "nothing personal kid" at the start of the game wasn't enough for the dev team.

And you know what? It's so weird, but at the same time, it's not out of character for Jin to be so grumpy when you know his backstory. This make me want to hear more from Jin "you break my heart, I take your heart" The Blade. Holy Alrest, I want him to be fully playable even more.:laugh:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I saw this on Discord...

Not really sure what Nia is saying but what Adenine did really left a lot fo question...

D

Deleted member

Alright, I have watched some videos and

Good lord, Jin is a freakin' savage in battle. Seriously, in the story, he is generally a calm if a bit impulsif by moment. But on the battlefield?

"Thanks for nothing, Rex!"

"You are too weak to help anyone!"

"Get up, peoples are tripping over you"

"Not bad, considering the lack of preparation!"

Like, holy ****, it's like the "nothing personal kid" at the start of the game wasn't enough for the dev team.

And you know what? It's so weird, but at the same time, it's not out of character for Jin to be so grumpy when you know his backstory. This make me want to hear more from Jin "you break my heart, I take your heart" The Blade. Holy Alrest, I want him to be fully playable even more.:laugh:
And don't forget his best one:

So I saw this on Discord...

Not really sure what Nia is saying but what Adenine did really left a lot fo question...
I don't get what Adenine is doing besides reading as well... ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't get what Adenine is doing besides reading as well... ?
I'm scratching she's scratching her tummy... but her waist is hollow...

This is also from the same artist... so apparently Tora mentions how Morag is not a dude but she acts like one, whereas Floren i, but he... you know....
__hotaru_.jpg

Man..........I so want to master Japanese.... what Tora and Zeke said was long but not too hard to understand...
Floren can activate Beguiling Charms up tp lv 255? That's scary...

Edit:
This is the 100th post Metal Shop X Metal Shop X .... You next post is this thread's 100th reply lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Here are more details on the new update.
    • Fixed an issue where common blades resonated to drivers other than Rex were being deleted if the player started a New Game Plus with them assigned to Rex.
      • We apologize, but even if you update your data, you will be unable to restore your common blades.
    • Fixed an issue during New Game Plus where the player was unable to acquire a common blade’s affinity gift even after fulfilling the conditions.
    • Fixed an issue where rare blades that were released were unable to rise above trust level S if they resonated with a character again.
      • Downloading the update data will set the trust level at S.
      • In the case that the actual trust level is higher than S, then upon doing something to raise the trust level, it will quickly increase to its actual level.
    • We have addressed the following problems where effects intended to be applied to blades on standby were only effective when they were deployed in battle.
      • Core Chips: Some status up types such as “HP MAX Boost”, “Increases the enemy gold drop rate”,”Increases the enemy item drop rate”
      • Aux Cores:”Hunter’s’ Chemistry”, and “Shoulder to Shoulder”
      • Poppy’s Skill RAM: Some status up types such as “HP MAX Boost”, “Gold Rush”, “Treasure Sensor”, “Hunter’s Chemistry”, and “Shoulder to Shoulder”.
      • Common Blade Skills: “Accelerated Growth”, ”Weaponsmaster”, ”Gold Rush”, and “Treasure Sensor”.
    • Fixed an issue where Patroka’s Evasion Effect Art wasn’t triggering correctly.
    • Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Gormott quest “Whereabouts Unknown”.
    • Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Uraya quest “Marvelous Mercenaries”.
    • Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Mor Ardain quest “We Meet Again”.
    • Fixed an issue where the minimap and compass wouldn’t display, and fast travel with the X-button would become unavailable.
    • Fixed an issue where Mythra’s 10% Ether modifier wasn’t being reflected in Rex’s Ether attribute display.
      • This problem concerned the display of the modifier; it was being applied.
    • Addressed a problem with crafting field skills such as “Pyra’s Cooking” where you couldn’t continually make things.
    • Fixed an issue where titles of locations were not displaying when discovering landmarks, locations, and secret areas/viewpoints.
    • Fixed an issue where blades would cycle backwards for Rex when using blade change if Mythra was engaged.
  • Changes and New Features
    • An NPC, “Momoni,” has been added to chapter one of New Game Plus, to restore your money one time.
    • He will help you when you are unable to buy an Abyss Vest or unable to send funds due to lack of money on-hand.
    • Adjusted the difficulty of some of the boss battles in Chapter Ten of New Game Plus (so that they reflect Rex’s level).
    • Now displays the currently held and maximum number of accessories, Aux Cores、and Poppy parts in menus and shops.
    • Added a function to download the second Expansion Pass quest.
    • Added a notification page to the menu that contains information about the Expansion Pass.
    • If the Expansion Pass is removed or deleted from your console, “Continue” can no longer be selected to resume Expansion Pass save data.
      • You will be able to select Continue again once you download the Expansion Pass.

Edit: 'just noticed, 100 post on this thread! Meh!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here are more details on the new update.
    • Fixed an issue where common blades resonated to drivers other than Rex were being deleted if the player started a New Game Plus with them assigned to Rex.
      • We apologize, but even if you update your data, you will be unable to restore your common blades.
    • Fixed an issue during New Game Plus where the player was unable to acquire a common blade’s affinity gift even after fulfilling the conditions.
    • Fixed an issue where rare blades that were released were unable to rise above trust level S if they resonated with a character again.
      • Downloading the update data will set the trust level at S.
      • In the case that the actual trust level is higher than S, then upon doing something to raise the trust level, it will quickly increase to its actual level.
    • We have addressed the following problems where effects intended to be applied to blades on standby were only effective when they were deployed in battle.
      • Core Chips: Some status up types such as “HP MAX Boost”, “Increases the enemy gold drop rate”,”Increases the enemy item drop rate”
      • Aux Cores:”Hunter’s’ Chemistry”, and “Shoulder to Shoulder”
      • Poppy’s Skill RAM: Some status up types such as “HP MAX Boost”, “Gold Rush”, “Treasure Sensor”, “Hunter’s Chemistry”, and “Shoulder to Shoulder”.
      • Common Blade Skills: “Accelerated Growth”, ”Weaponsmaster”, ”Gold Rush”, and “Treasure Sensor”.
    • Fixed an issue where Patroka’s Evasion Effect Art wasn’t triggering correctly.
    • Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Gormott quest “Whereabouts Unknown”.
    • Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Uraya quest “Marvelous Mercenaries”.
    • Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Mor Ardain quest “We Meet Again”.
    • Fixed an issue where the minimap and compass wouldn’t display, and fast travel with the X-button would become unavailable.
    • Fixed an issue where Mythra’s 10% Ether modifier wasn’t being reflected in Rex’s Ether attribute display.
      • This problem concerned the display of the modifier; it was being applied.
    • Addressed a problem with crafting field skills such as “Pyra’s Cooking” where you couldn’t continually make things.
    • Fixed an issue where titles of locations were not displaying when discovering landmarks, locations, and secret areas/viewpoints.
    • Fixed an issue where blades would cycle backwards for Rex when using blade change if Mythra was engaged.
  • Changes and New Features
    • An NPC, “Momoni,” has been added to chapter one of New Game Plus, to restore your money one time.
    • He will help you when you are unable to buy an Abyss Vest or unable to send funds due to lack of money on-hand.
    • Adjusted the difficulty of some of the boss battles in Chapter Ten of New Game Plus (so that they reflect Rex’s level).
    • Now displays the currently held and maximum number of accessories, Aux Cores、and Poppy parts in menus and shops.
    • Added a function to download the second Expansion Pass quest.
    • Added a notification page to the menu that contains information about the Expansion Pass.
    • If the Expansion Pass is removed or deleted from your console, “Continue” can no longer be selected to resume Expansion Pass save data.
      • You will be able to select Continue again once you download the Expansion Pass.

Edit: 'just noticed, 100 post on this thread! Meh!
Meh, meh, I was the one who made the 100 post here meh!

And also anyone is doing the quest in Leftheria called "Beneath the Aurora" choose Mythra at the end, her conversation with Rex was hilarious.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Meh, meh, I was the one who made the 100 post here meh!

And also anyone is doing the quest in Leftheria called "Beneath the Aurora" choose Mythra at the end, her conversation with Rex was hilarious.
This image say the contrary my dear.
Screen Shot 03-31-18 at 10.19 AM.PNG

And to stay-on topic, I looked up on reddit what all the other choices give you, and they are all great in their own right.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This image say the contrary my dear.
View attachment 140067
And to stay-on topic, I looked up on reddit what all the other choices give you, and they are all great in their own right.
You are the 100th reply, not post, if you notice the post number....

Sort of but I found Mythra one more funny.

And after finishing Perceval Perun and Godfrey quest... It said that merc missions that greatly increases trust are available but where do I get them?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You are the 100th reply, not post, if you notice the post number....

Sort of but I found Mythra one more funny.

And after finishing Perceval Perun and Godfrey quest... It said that merc missions that greatly increases trust are available but where do I get them?
Wait...isn't that the same thing?

I'm confused.:4alph:

Also, just go to the merc menu, choose lefteria, scroll down, and there, you will find a blue mission between the pink missions. This is the mission that greatly increase trust.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wait...isn't that the same thing?

I'm confused.:4alph:

Also, just go to the merc menu, choose lefteria, scroll down, and there, you will find a blue mission between the pink missions. This is the mission that greatly increase trust.
Nope this isn't rocket science lol
Post just means well post lol.

Reply is the post after the first post of that thread. So the reply number that you show me didn't count the very first post by @Final Smash Gamer ....

I haven't see it, maybe after finishing that merc mission after you completed the quest?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nope this isn't rocket science lol
Post just means well post lol.

Reply is the post after the first post of that thread. So the reply number that you show me didn't count the very first post by @Final Smash Gamer ....

I haven't see it, maybe after finishing that merc mission after you completed the quest?
Well, all I get is that I still got the 100th reply on this thread.

Wait, did you complete the quest or not?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, all I get is that I still got the 100th reply on this thread.

Wait, did you complete the quest or not?
Yes, not trying to nitpick you or anything, just trying to correct you.
Completed the first.. .Now there is a quest about Seeding? That old man....

Kasandra I need ya ...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yes, not trying to nitpick you or anything, just trying to correct you.
Completed the first.. .Now there is a quest about Seeding? That old man....

Kasandra I need ya ...
That's not a quest, this is the merc mission you get for finishing the quest.

You will also get two merc missions after finishing the first one btw. Which mean you can send more blades on those merc mission that all increase your trust more than any other missions.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's not a quest, this is the merc mission you get for finishing the quest.

You will also get two merc missions after finishing the first one btw. Which mean you can send more blades on those merc mission that all increase your trust more than any other missions.
I know that I said it wrong lol.
Not sure how fast it will increase the trust though...

D

Deleted member

A little detail I've remarked in the endings of both Xenoblade 1 and 2, so obvious spoilers:
Have you remarked the bestiary of XC2 is nearly the same as the one from XC1?

And that it makes the reveal that the Architect and Zanza are the same person to be even better?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright Gormotti, for those who still have some doubt about the DLC story look at this.
The DLC Story Will Be....png

For those who ask it, the image on the left come from Chapter 4. More precisely
This come from the flashback at the beginning of the chapter where Malos is destroying what is presumed to be old Torna.

So, while we could possibly get something else, I think that, combined with the logo of the season pass, the New DLC story is going to be about the Aegis War for sure, before, in the middle of it and/or after it probably. Some peoples might already know that, but I still thought it be interesting to point out.

Last edited:
Finished XC2 the other day. Guess I may as well post this here for the sake of posterity. Added a detail or two I forgot

Music for reading
https://youtu.be/LpyDKYxKnSM
Thumbnail has a spoiler. Cant find one that doesnt :/
  • Holy **** this game was great. XCX was my most hyped game in a long time because it was a sequel to my second favorite game ever. I felt the same way pre-release ESPECIALLY after the talk of more story focus. And this did NOT dissappoint. This is basically my big switch game right now.
  • Nia> Fourth> Fifth > Rex > Tora.
  • In the time it took me to right this I switched Nia and fourth. They are both so good but Nia has such a fun personality. I pretty much loved every line she had. She is so great.
  • Loved the game's music. I think XC1 had way better battle music, but I think this one had more battle songs to keep up variety and some great field music. Was a really big fan of Argentum and Torigoth.
  • Battle system changes were weird but I grew on them.
    • Blade Combos basically make up for the generally higher health of enemies. Although early game they feel a bit awkward when you might not have great variety
    • The new chain attacks are SUPER SATISFYING once you master them and blade combos. Having your chain attack length be determined by setup and not luck is neat. I think they are too strong (1000% multiplier is really easy to get goddamn) but I cant really get too mad because it's super satisfying getting a great setup and obliterating a Tyrant
    • the break->topple-launch->smash system was a nice new feature. Like it more than break->topple->daze. Although I think it's a bit weird it basically isnt available for a while since launch and smash arent freebies until a decent portion of the game
    • reduced mobility and the 3 hit combo feel super weird. Not a fan of the reduced mobility, but 3 hit combo and auto-cancelling are pretty satisfying.
    • Blade swapping leads to some crazy stuff late game. Swapping through all 3 different blades using every single move feels awesome. But early game it's just awkward.
  • Healing is probably the biggest change from XC1. And frankly I think this was one of my bigger problems in the game. Moving most in-game healing to potions that drop from certain attacks is super weird. But that ALSO came with a change to reduce your movement speed DRAMATICALLY. So sometimes getting a small heal (which is your only heal for a part of the game) means running across half the battlefield and it's a bit TOO punishing when all of your resources are dependent on always attacking. . .which you cant do while running anymore. And more importantly, it makes fights over ledges and water dumb. Because potions will just vanish. So if you arent over leveled or dont have another way of fighting you're ****ed. There were certain fights I just could not win because I couldnt heal. Thankfully, none were required.
  • AI being really ****ing stupid continues in 2. Sometimes at low health they would change from healer or tank to attacker for . . .no real reason. The fact that they prioritize blade combos over all else is weird and they occasionally have trouble dealing with healing. And then those two things combine. At low health but a blade combo says you need to use the your attacker blade? they'll be fine. *proceed to die because they arent healing* WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED. This pretty much led me to giving everyone their role multiplied by 3 except who I was controlling. Attackers get all attack blades, healers all healers, tanks all tanks. That way they cant make a mistake like that. This also unfortunately meant that I couldnt really use the game's gimmick of mixing and matching blades sine it was all one type. . .at leas there was variety in blades, but all the same function.
  • Sidequests were pretty cool. There were some boring ones but I enjoyed the majority. Not a lot of "Go find X items out in *insert gigantic space with no exact location here*. Well. One or two but there were usually hints. Nothing like XCX where they would say to kill a certain enemy in a region but only like two in the entire game drop the damn thing. XC1 might have had that too for all I remember but I dont remember. Plus that one mostly had some bland sidequests anyway lol
  • If Tora could stop being a pervert that would be great.
  • Not a fan of the Core crystal system. And I wound up with a lot of blades I liked. Like KOS-MOS or Boreas or Adenine. Yeah I got a few I didn't like (my second blade was azami and my last was Dahlila lol). But holy **** is it an RNG fiesta. So much of it is just straight up luck. And that luck DRAMATICALLY affects the game. Without certain blades there are certain things you cant do. And some of it is required. I got really lucky with my blades in that regard but others. . .
  • The fact you need rare items to change owners only makes things worse. In my playthrough Rex literally only got healer blades. He ended the game with I think 5 different healer blades and nothing else. If not for overdrives he was ****ed. In fact, in the whole game, only 2 blades matched the role who they were used for. 4th got Perceval and Nia got Kora. Everything else was an awkward mismatch. If not for overdrives my final team would have been goddamn awful. Only 4th didnt need any whatsoever.
  • **** spike damage lol. Im glad it was mostly gone this time around. And when it did become a problem, I learned there were AUX chips that give 80% spike reduction. And that pretty much made them null. I put them on as may party memebrs as possible and never took them off. Pyra, dromarch etc all ended with them.
  • Speaking of Aux chips, I barely used them. I think I had a few I had obtained in Gormott on the first 2 party members but I dont think 4th of 5th had ANY aux chips other than the mostly-useless spike ones.
  • I forgot you had to buy weapons until like the 4th town lol. I had some really weak blades before that. That was one hell of a satisfying power spike.
  • Dev level is a really weird gimmick. I think I liked it because im a sucker for upgrading things (Colony 6) but the way it was done was weird. This being the best one at balancing money of the 3 made things a bit harder too. Cant just spend willy-nilly when some quests are asking for 300,000 gold lol.
  • I basically never used pouch items. . .but when I did hoo boy. There is quite a power boost from those things. Anyone with Recover Recharge + a food that restores art cooldowns can basically just spam arts and never AA. In the final battle I canceleld into an art with another art for all 3 of Rex's abilities. . .for 3 rotations.
  • Xenoblade is like the one series where I havent been repeatedly spoiled by everything. Shout out to the fanbase for not spoiling anything and everything. "Seven" <3
  • The fact that EXP is put into inns is the weirdest thing ever. I ended at level 70, and about 40 of Rex's level ups must have happened at an inn. It's such a weird thing to do. It isnt really satisfying to level up in a menu. . .
  • Also why the **** did they give new members so much bonus EXP? When I got 4th and fifth I went straight to an inn. Both leveled up like 10 times. 4th was a whopping 12 levels higher than the rest of the party.
Time for the spoilers
  • Doughall's blade not being playable is super weird. All core crystals are supposed to drop but you dont get him for some reason.
  • One eyed monster is the greatest cutscene in video game history
  • Morag and Brighid joining COMPLETELY took me off guard.
    • They're lesbians and there is nothing you can do to change my mind
    • NOTHING. THEY ARE BOTH FLAMING FOR A REASON DAMMIT
  • Torna are clearly the good guys because they had the best damn designs in the game. Like goddamn such consistently great looks.
  • Merc missions were weird. On the one hand it was nice to have some decent income for a change and some free exp but you didnt really have any input. And again, you can get ****ed because of blade RNG.
  • I have no idea how Bana survived Rosa exploding so close but Niall was extremely dead.
  • y'all remember that spongebob joke where everyone is squidward? replace "squidward" with "blade." Like 90% of the cast has a core crystal. Nia, Zeke, Rex, Amalthus, literally all of Torna. (Mythra steal this one if you want I dont care lol)
  • Nia being a blade was weird as ****, but she was also one of my favorite blades in the game. So that was neat.
    • I wish you could have taken off pythra for that though. Cant let the AI play as a healer because then he just switches to his waifu instead of healing. Not that I minded controlling blade nia since she is super fun (My god max affinity passive heal is crazy) but it's just annoying
  • Speaking of healing, I really wish we had a sixth party member who was a healer. we have a second of the other two roles but not a healer. That means Nia is the only dedicated healer you can have. If you could swamp out Brighid/pythra/Pandoria for another healer this wouldnt be a huuuuuge problem, but as is I cant trust the AI to be left to their own devices and it jsut doesn't feel right to use somoene like Zeke as a dedicated healer when he should be unleashing his fury.
  • Someone should teach Alrest about this thing called pants. Looking at you Nia and poppi QTpi
  • Im sad Turters basically vanished after his debut.

This one gets a seperate section because reasons. The finale may have one of the best buildups in any game I have ever played. It starts with Jin showing off that he really is a Final Fantasy character and turning into Sephiroth. Pyra does her sacrifice and she is GONE. You then got to a cool dungeon with a bunch of character development. And then it's a clash on the cliff of Morytha. This is where things go off the rails. You fight Malos who has a ****ING MONADO. Just that alone immediately brings the whole game into question. The player needs answers. They keep going and reach Malos and Jin. You get a great cutscene with Rex having a moment. Pyra gets a new form and it is AWESOME. One cool fight later. . .yo uare sent to hell. IN Morytha, you get to use Rex's new insane powers and team up with Jin. This makes you feel super cool and you get a **** ton of info on the bad guys. And then you start to climb the world tree. The thing you've been heading to all game. But it isnt waht you expect. With your new powers you climb this strange tower. As this happens a World War starts. Indol declares war on you and Torna. Torna fights back. The entire world is summoned. And you keep going. Torna makes their last stand, and you finish off Amalthus. Questions have been given. Torna finishes off strong. Amalthus is daed. All that lefts are Elysium, the Architect, and Malos. Elysium is a sham. The architect is powerless and dying but answers some questions (not all). Malos is destroying the world. You fight him off and the ending happens. There is no forced break here. It's just one big buildup. You can break whenever you want to but im not sure how you can with how insane of an ending this i

• WHY DID THE TORNANS HAVE A ****ING MECHON? THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE
  • ALSO WHERE THE **** DID THE MONADO COME FROM? THAT WASNT EVEN EXPLAINED
  • So XC1 and XC2 are happening at the same time. Zanza and the architect are the same person, and Zanza and Malos are killed at about the same time. XC2 takes place in the world XC1 described. That's ****ing wacky. I joked about Alvis and Shulk being the architect for half the game. I didnt think I would hear one of their voices. . .Like holy **** that's some huge damn plot twists.
  • Pyra's final form is genuinely OP. Not in a "haha it's cool" way. No I mean it's genuinely overpowered. You can basically kill everything in the main game with it. I brought down the FINAL BOSS from half HP with a chain attack because of her. And it isn't hard to get. Maxing affinity and party gauge is pretty easy by the time you get it.
  • Rex getting a better design made it worth it lul
  • The final boss kind of felt lacking because of this. It's no Zanza that's for sure. but I HAD to chain attack, or else he would one-shot my party. And im 2 levels above him! Zanza has yet to be surpassed unfortunately.
  • The ending is so bittersweet. The world is about to be destroyed but pythra will do their thing. Rex is so desperate to go with her. The goddamn desperation in his face. . .and the sadness of the rest of the party members. Poor Poppi. . .
  • Although the fact that she immediately comes back sort of makes the ending null lol. . .ut im a sucker for happy endings
  • So I guess Rex has a threesome now. Since Pyra and Mythra magically learned how to both appear separately for some reason. foursome if you count Nia. Seriously I thought people were kidding when people said Nia would come into the hand holding title screen. What the **** monolith. . .I ship it
  • Elysium being dead was a pretty good result. The alternative would have been weird
  • WHY CANT WE SAVE LORA OR ALL OF TORNA DAMMIT
  • Get ****ed smurf *****
  • I think the fact that Indoline is destroyed is strangely glazed over. A ****-ton of innocent people die and it sort of gets ignored. Mikhail says no one is evacuated but they never goo "all of those innocent people" after it crashes. Weird and sad.
  • The fact we never get to see Addam is the most suspicious thing ever.
  • Current Headcanon- XC1 and 2 combine at the end. Shulk creates a "New world" which happens to just be the island that the titans go to. SHUT UP LET ME DREAM
That took about as long to write as it took to get on the damn elevator

FINAL RESULT
Elevator/10

I really want to go play XCX now TBH. Give that one a second chance so I can say I loved all 3 isntead of loved 2 and liked another. But
A. wont bring Wii U to college.
B. I would burn myself out SO FAST.

Guess i have to get around to Mario Odyssey and BotW now. . .weird that the 2 games everyone loved and put as GotY are a step down to the little niche game here. . .
Game Over!
[/spoiler]

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
playing through some of blade quests i have to say, sheba is really annoying in fact several come off as just obnoxious

A reminder that Xenoblade has such fantastic music.

All 3 games have such fantasitc soundtracks (well. .X had a few issues but still has some great songs) it's unbelievable. XC1 and 2 in particular have so much great music it isn't even funny. From battle themes to character themes to general themes XC as a series ****ing nails it. I've had XC2's soundtrack playing for a few days now. Not tired of any of the songs yet

I can hear that dead music group I made begging for this post to be there lol

:061:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
playing through some of blade quests i have to say, sheba is really annoying in fact several come off as just obnoxious
I disagree hee quest is hilarious.

Sheba:
DIVINE PUNISHMENT!
*boot! *

And yes guys... I have finish Xenoblade...
And sorry I am gonna repost my post from Nintenzone Social thread:
Also... A Distant Demon A Distant Demon @Mythra Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @Apollo Justice @Final Smash Gamer @Yellowlord .....

I have finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ... Yet even the entire game itself.... I haven't even enter New Game +.... I am not going to... For now.

With that out of the way here is my non spoiler end game thoughts:
  • Let me just mention the elephant in the room, Xenoblade Chroncicles 2 end game... and even the end game boss was a bit disappointing for those who had played the original Xenoblade... the final boss and sequence was very good in that game. This however... as long as you surpass the boss' level a huge margin... then you technically won't have any problem. And then there's the ending... had it not for Rex's bad English VA I would have cried... he did have some good voice eventually but at the end.. still... bad...
  • As such... compare to XC... the ending wasn't as good the first... even the story in general I have to say XC1 still has the best story overall. But hold your horses, XC2 wasn't bad either, I just think that it could have been better. Also if you know XC2 was being made with only 40 developers in house, you still have to give props for the game despite not being totally better than XC1.
  • Even if the story isn't as well flesh out as XC1, I still have to say XC2 gameplay and battle system is totally better than XC1.
  • I am definitely not regret of playing this game for so long and only to complete the story until now...

So my in brief XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 FINAL THOUGHTS (non spoiler):
  • Love it, love it, love it.
  • Story: XC>XC2>XCX
  • World building: XC<XC2
  • Music: XC=XC2<XCX
  • Gameplay: XC<XC2
  • Characters: XCX<XC= XC2
  • Artstyle: XCX<XC<XC2
  • In general: XC= XC2= XCX
  • Map systems sucks... even after 1.3.1
  • Menu is mixed, E3 build was way better
  • Characters with good English VA: Malos, Jin, Morag, Poppi, Pyra (Not including her role as Mythra), Pandoria, Finch, Perceval, Dagas, KOS MOS, Newt and Tora
  • Characters with bad English VA: Rex, Nia, and Nim....
  • Character with bad Japanese VA: Azurda....
  • Tiger! Tiger! Is ok, but not ok if its the only way to upgrade Poppi... just saying.
  • Not only that, you have to get manuals to get more better parts is also absurd
  • No armor customization... which sucks...
  • Accessories the replace for that... but the fact that you can only store up to 900 accessories was also not good. And the fact that the game won't tell you your accessories is full whenever you get a new accessories is also a flaw... so you may found out the items you get from the quests might not even appear...
  • Quests are well designed, you can chose which quest to navigate is great, compare to Xenoblade... XC2 quests are more less, most are easier to obtain, and not harder than the Xenoblade's quests...
  • Most cutscenes were great but so long... glad that you have events theater...
  • Unlike XC... you can still go to any where even in some cutscenes... unless some place have been affected after some cutscenes
  • Heart to Hearts are great in XC2, not only because of cutscenes, but also the rare Blades have HtH makes it worth looking... and also change driver to see if there's any dialogue tweaks lol.
  • Blade quest are also cool inclusion... except Blade obtain quests....
This is why my final rating for this game... is a "Boy meets girl" out of 10.
XC2 is a game that is just like that... you may get everything that you want... and the girl may not be always perfect... like how Rex does you will still go all out on it.

And with Xenoblade 2's having the best sales compare to past Xenoblade titles, it is only a matter of time for the series to be the level of Fire Emblem.

470+ hours into XC2 in one go is definitely a worth while.
As such... I am going take a short hiatus on XC2 and not even entering New Game+, just think about it, I have already devote so much into this game, got most of the items, and all rare Blades... completed all of the quests and merc missions... affinity charts... Heart to Hearts.... There's absolutely no reason for me to go back and do it all over again.

I may go back once the new rare Blades are revealed... but even that isn't enough in my opinion. Perhaps until the new story and difficulty reveals...

So, what's next for me when it comes to Xenoblade 2? Share my thoughts to others who might be interested in playing this game I guess.
Here's my XC2 final thoughts... The spoilers edition:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has the same origin as 1.... mindblown
  • Man... I feel Lora and Haze are heavily undershadowed characters... with them being one of the few Blade and Driver that has been said to share very similar looks... I thought it could have mean something... besides of just made Jin sort of had a trauma when killing Haze...
  • Amalthus... um... I aware he's a villain... but how we get to beat him was a bit mindblowing.
  • Nia despite sure... she's a Blade, that was mindbowning if I didn't get spoiled already... I really want to know more about her backstory... if she's a Blade then that means her sister isn't actually her "sister"? Why and how she became a flesh eater?
  • Again, why Akhos and Patroka don't have a unique Blade look like how Nia and Jin does?
  • I am still bumped on Blade obtain quests... but Praxis' and Theory's quests is the most impressive one... that and another quest confirms that Blades can kill their own driver... which is pretty a neat twist (Even though it may be expectedfor some people...)
  • Nia... being Melia-ed... I mean hey... at least her Blade form looks nice. She's probably the most fan favorite Blade besides Pyra and Mythra.
  • This part I aware should be a drama but its hilarious... (Chapter 10... where Rex met the ego Nia... she complains Rex only cares about Pyra and... "Get your head out of your ****!)
So with me finishing Xenoblade 2, I can check out those spoilers tag:

Zeke is the new Hades.
I am more curious on Praxis' reply, I have heard it before... but I forgot... I only know she was scoffing Zeke's response
A little detail I've remarked in the endings of both Xenoblade 1 and 2, so obvious spoilers:
Have you remarked the bestiary of XC2 is nearly the same as the one from XC1?

And that it makes the reveal that the Architect and Zanza are the same person to be even better?
So... this makes this fanart from a XC spoiler joke... to an actual cannon... (Because this pic was posted way before the game's relase)
Finished XC2 the other day. Guess I may as well post this here for the sake of posterity. Added a detail or two I forgot

Music for reading
https://youtu.be/LpyDKYxKnSM
Thumbnail has a spoiler. Cant find one that doesnt :/
My music for reading...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcJoPFm_Mj0
Aka the best battle theme in XC2
I don't think that dude next to Rex is a spoiler... we already know who Zeke is... you have seen him in many prerelease gameplays back then...
Well... you may already know, I already made my response on your non spoiler a while ago...
So I won't be making it again.
So instead I am going made my response on your spoiler thoughts:
Doughall's blade not being playable is super weird. All core crystals are supposed to drop but you dont get him for some reason.
I mean his Blade isn't confirmed to be playable, and he doesn't look that good either.
Also I'm not sure if he was killed or just defeated. If he wasn't dead then of course you can't get his Blade.

One eyed monster is the greatest cutscene in video game history
I was confused on that section... until someone explain to me that...

Morag and Brighid joining COMPLETELY took me off guard.
  • They're lesbians and there is nothing you can do to change my mind
  • NOTHING. THEY ARE BOTH FLAMING FOR A REASON DAMMIT
For it didn't took me off guard that much. I was speculating her to be a party memeber sooner or later... I was expecting her to be a bit of a traitor like Dickson a first...

I also ship Zeke and Morag because of a HtH between them (I'm not talking about the one with Tora)... which was really good.

Torna are clearly the good guys because they had the best damn designs in the game. Like goddamn such consistently great looks.
Speaking of Torna... Nia being introduced as a Torna member caught me off guard the most... since she wasn't designed by Tetsuya Nomura...
And I disagree... their outfit designs don't look that good...

Merc missions were weird. On the one hand it was nice to have some decent income for a change and some free exp but you didnt really have any input. And again, you can get ****ed because of blade RNG.
Not only that Merc mission is also good for many things like building Blade's trust and affinity chart...

I have no idea how Bana survived Rosa exploding so close but Niall was extremely dead.
You don't say?!
I mean Nopons are actually can take more hit than humans... that's why Nopons like Riki and Tora have the highest HP.
I thought he was dead... until I do his quest...

y'all remember that spongebob joke where everyone is squidward? replace "squidward" with "blade." Like 90% of the cast has a core crystal. Nia, Zeke, Rex, Amalthus, literally all of Torna. (Mythra steal this one if you want I dont care lol)
Don't forget about Rex and Cole lol.

Oh yeah... my sis also put up a bit of a question...
Why didn't Nia use her Blade power to heal Rex in the first place when he was stabbed by Jin? I mean she had the chance... I think.. Vandham though, there's not way Nia can save him....

Speaking of healing, I really wish we had a sixth party member who was a healer. we have a second of the other two roles but not a healer. That means Nia is the only dedicated healer you can have. If you could swamp out Brighid/pythra/Pandoria for another healer this wouldnt be a huuuuuge problem, but as is I cant trust the AI to be left to their own devices and it jsut doesn't feel right to use somoene like Zeke as a dedicated healer when he should be unleashing his fury.
Agreed... But still I think a jack-of-trades character would be better.

Im sad Turters basically vanished after his debut.
Well... there is a heart to heart where Nia tells Zeke and Pandoria that their Turters keeps climbing to her bed...

The finale may have one of the best buildups in any game I have ever played. It starts with Jin showing off that he really is a Final Fantasy character and turning into Sephiroth. Pyra does her sacrifice and she is GONE. You then got to a cool dungeon with a bunch of character development. And then it's a clash on the cliff of Morytha. This is where things go off the rails. You fight Malos who has a ****ING MONADO. Just that alone immediately brings the whole game into question. The player needs answers ..............
Ok, ok, so you are talking about things after chapter 6 right?
Yeah... the most plot twisit part was where I have stopped for a long time... there were some things that I got spoiled a bit before finishing chapter 6... like Nia a blade and Pyra/Mythra's third form...

And perhaps it was just me but many scenes in chapter 8,9 were a bit confusing...probably becasue there were a bit too man flash backs...

ALSO WHERE THE **** DID THE MONADO COME FROM? THAT WASNT EVEN EXPLAINED
That's Malos' weapon... that's it..lol

So XC1 and XC2 are happening at the same time. Zanza and the architect are the same person, and Zanza and Malos are killed at about the same time. XC2 takes place in the world XC1 described. That's ****ing wacky. I joked about Alvis and Shulk being the architect for half the game. I didnt think I would hear one of their voices. . .Like holy **** that's some huge damn plot twists.
The... the.... the.... last scene after you finish the first phrase of battling with Aion... was a quote from the first Xenoblade....
Pyra's final form is genuinely OP. Not in a "haha it's cool" way. No I mean it's genuinely overpowered. You can basically kill everything in the main game with it. I brought down the FINAL BOSS from half HP with a chain attack because of her. And it isn't hard to get. Maxing affinity and party gauge is pretty easy by the time you get it.
I actually rarely use her...
When battling against use bosses I only call her up to get the 8 orbs... and do full burst more easily.

The final boss kind of felt lacking because of this. It's no Zanza that's for sure.
Not to mention you even have a hard time trying to hit Aion... sometimes...

The ending is so bittersweet. The world is about to be destroyed but pythra will do their thing. Rex is so desperate to go with her. The goddamn desperation in his face. . .and the sadness of the rest of the party members. Poor Poppi. . .
Yeah.. Poppi is too pure for this world...
I also think that part took a bit too long...
Although the fact that she immediately comes back sort of makes the ending null lol. . .ut im a sucker for happy endings
Not immediately actually.. but yeah... I actually sort of prefer her stay dead...

foursome if you count Nia. Seriously I thought people were kidding when people said Nia would come into the hand holding title screen. What the **** monolith. . .I ship it
Hey.. remember that part where Rex face off with every of his party member's ego?
Nia's rail on Rex was lit!
"YOU'VE ONLY GOT EYES FOR HER! GET YOUR HEAD OUT F YOUR ****!"

WHY CANT WE SAVE LORA OR ALL OF TORNA DAMMIT
I personally think that the relationship between Lora and her other Blade Haze were undershadowed... I mean yeah... Haze turns back to core crystal when Lora was with Jin during that flash back... but still we never knew what happened to Haze back then... besides of her returning to core crystal..

Also remember Lora's look when she was ten years old? She looked like a regular child NPC... but then her older look is the Saitou design...

I am highly speculating that the New Story DLC has to be that we will get to play Lora's story...

I think the fact that Indoline is destroyed is strangely glazed over. A ****-ton of innocent people die and it sort of gets ignored. Mikhail says no one is evacuated but they never goo "all of those innocent people" after it crashes. Weird and sad.
I mean... if you have played XC1... ohohoho... the fate of Alcamoth from that game was even more dark...

The fact we never get to see Addam is the most suspicious thing ever.
Yeah, I was speculating from Jin being Addam.. from Addam... being the final boss....

So.. yeah.. that's my reply...

A reminder that Xenoblade has such fantastic music.

All 3 games have such fantasitc soundtracks (well. .X had a few issues but still has some great songs) it's unbelievable. XC1 and 2 in particular have so much great music it isn't even funny. From battle themes to character themes to general themes XC as a series ****ing nails it. I've had XC2's soundtrack playing for a few days now. Not tired of any of the songs yet

I can hear that dead music group I made begging for this post to be there lol

:061:
X's issue... were just
NLA theme was bad...
The BGM were too loud and cant be toned down
Sometimes the lyrics can be annoying

Besides that I think XCX has the best soundtrack... period.
I also recommend people to check Sawano's other soundtracks from other works, because XCX ost aren't really Sawano's best.

My top 5 XC music:
  1. Unfinished Battle
  2. Mechanical Rhythm
  3. You Will Know Our Name
  4. Menu Theme
  5. Beyond the Sky
My top 5 XC2 music
  1. Still, Move Forward! (XC2 Battle Theme #3)
  2. Death Match With Torna
  3. Exploration (XC2 Battle Theme #2)
  4. Mor Ardain - Roaming in the Wastes
  5. One Last You
EXTRA:

My top 5 favorite rare Blades (Non spoiler, Not actual battle best)
  1. Newt
  2. Pyra
  3. Brighid
  4. Floren
  5. Praxis
Runner up: Finch, KOS MOS, Dagas, Wulfric, Perceval, Zenobia, and Theory.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Supposing that the Season Pass's Challenge Mode is going to be a sort of boss rush, do you know what would make a great secret bonus boss?

A Telethia.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Supposing that the Season Pass's Challenge Mode is going to be a sort of boss rush, do you know what would make a great secret bonus boss?

A Telethia.
Which Telethia tho? An entirely new one? Or one of the many in XB1?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Like the one from XCX.
So like a double reference? For XB1 and X?

I like it, 'don't know much about how the Telethia in X work. But fighting him with the battle system of XB2 should be fun.

However, does it's design work well with the anime style of XB2? There is some monster in XB2 that look menacing. But the Telethia, especially the one from X, may seem perhaps out of place due to how alien it look. But tell me if you disagree or not.

Top Bottom