• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Garfont 9 - A Xenoblade series discussion thread

Which one would you rather prefer next?

• An HD remaster of Xenoblade 1

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • A port of Xenoblade X

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quillion

Smash Hero
Noah should be a clone of Shulk that replaces Vision and Monado Arts for other stuff, and Mio should be fully unique.

Still though, I find the idea of Xenoblade joining the ranks of Pokémon and Fire Emblem as another rotating-cast franchise that gets an obligatory relevant face to be... undesirable.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Noah should be a clone of Shulk that replaces Vision and Monado Arts for other stuff, and Mio should be fully unique.
Noah has plenty of stuff to make him not a clone of Shulk (even if he did have some moves in common), like attacks that switch between his Veiled Sword and Lucky Seven. My own moveset sets out to do this.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Noah has plenty of stuff to make him not a clone of Shulk (even if he did have some moves in common), like attacks that switch between his Veiled Sword and Lucky Seven. My own moveset sets out to do this.
Maybe Lucky Seven could also work as an iteration of Shulk's Monado Arts too.

Still though, if you really want two, I think taking the Chrom approach for Noah will work the best.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Noah should be a clone of Shulk that replaces Vision and Monado Arts for other stuff
Man first Rex and now Noah. Xenoblade protags can't take any breaks. I'm pretty sure the only thing they have in common is air slash. Noah can't even replicate some of what makes Shulk unique like his smash attacks cause his sword doesn't extend like the Monado does, and what he can replicate the other swordfighters share anyways. You'd have to change so much to make it work that you might as well just make him unique instead.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Man first Rex and now Noah. Xenoblade protags can't take any breaks. I'm pretty sure the only thing they have in common is air slash. Noah can't even replicate some of what makes Shulk unique like his smash attacks cause his sword doesn't extend like the Monado does, and what he can replicate the other swordfighters share anyways. You'd have to change so much to make it work that you might as well just make him unique instead.
So what's wrong with bringing in Mio as the "full character" while having Noah as an "along for the ride clone" like Lucina or Chrom?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Xenoblade 3 won Famitsu’s RPG of the Year award!
After the Game Awards, an honor like this was long overdue.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Quoting from the Next Smash thread:
Looking forward to this!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Looking forward to this!
This is officially coming next week.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd take Noah, adult Shulk as an alt, adult Rex as newcomer and just about anything else for the next Smash! This DLC is juicy and so well fleshed out! It's exciting playing this game again.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
This is officially coming next week.
It’s here now!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The Noah & Mio amiibo are releasing on January 2024.
Turns out they unlock Consul N and M’s outfits as well as the ability for the main characters to take off their jackets.

Between clothes switching for classes, Noah & Mio’s off-seer uniforms and the amiibo letting you take off your jackets, the options for Noah & Mio’s alternate costumes in Smash just keep increasing. Heck, I even suggested the idea of jacket-less alts even before the amiibo let you do that in the game itself.
IMG_2528.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom