• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Garfont 9 - A Xenoblade series discussion thread

Which one would you rather prefer next?

• An HD remaster of Xenoblade 1

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • A port of Xenoblade X

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

However, does it's design work well with the anime style of XB2? There is some monster in XB2 that look menacing. But the Telethia, especially the one from X, may seem perhaps out of place due to how alien it look. But tell me if you disagree or not.
Bleh.

Given how most of XC2's enemies look the same as the ones from XC1, this wouldn't look out of place.

And it doesn't have to look exactly like the one from XCX, but it still has to look like a boss.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bleh.

Given how most of XC2's enemies look the same as the ones from XC1, this wouldn't look out of place.

And it doesn't have to look exactly like the one from XCX, but it still has to look like a boss.
Fair enough then.

Though, before you posted this. I was thinking of a Telethia that looked like Xord. With the hammer being a part of it's body.

I don't know why, but now, I want to see this as a boss.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Supposing that the Season Pass's Challenge Mode is going to be a sort of boss rush, do you know what would make a great secret bonus boss?

A Telethia.
And over level 100... Appears in Spirit of Crucible Eplys lol.

However, does it's design work well with the anime style of XB2?
. ..
What does Xenoblade Chronicles 2 anime character design has to do with Telethia being in the game? lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And over level 100... Appears in Spirit of Crucible Eplys lol.

. ..
What does Xenoblade Chronicles 2 anime character design has to do with Telethia being in the game? lol.
I was talking about the Telethia of XBX. And how it's design would match with the world of XB2.

And I got my answer already.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was talking about the Telethia of XBX. And how it's design would match with the world of XB2.

And I got my answer already.
I still think it would do... because again, anime designs in XC2 don't matter... it is the regions I guess?

I think either Temperantia or... other places that can have Telethias appear...

And while I have said I love XC2, but hey, since it's easy to trash XC2... I am to give out the actual legit complaints of XC2:
  • Map system is terrible especially pre patch... it's nice to have every part of the map visible compare to XC1... but the layers can be confusing sometimes...
  • Why do I need to press R button in order to switch enemies that I lock on?
  • Why is the left directional buttons are just manuals? After 15 hours of playing, unless I accidentally press it, I never use it...
  • Main menu sucks, and what's worse... the E3 build looks way better:
  • Core crystal RNG system... nuff said
  • Driver/playable characters felt pretty lacking compare to the past Xenoblade games...
  • Tutorial is not good at all...
  • Some rare Blades are only obtainable once you completed their quests... which aren't hard to do but it is pretty unintriguing to do for the most part... when you somewhat aware what's gonna happen at the end...
  • Graphics in Handheld mode actually don't look too good, the graphic will look more smudgier compare to on TV, so whenever I just want to grind I will play on handheld, if I want to view heart to heart, progress story, watch cutscenes, I tend to play on TV...
  • Accessories are limited to 900 amount, which is okay I guess... but even the same item is in it's own slot is annoying... if you accidentally bought 200 Gear Vest like me, good luck selling them all... it's gonna take a pretty long time... and the system will never tell you if your accessories are full or not....
Anyways... this is all I got for now.

D

Deleted member

So, by doing some gardening today, I had the idea to add a poll to this thread, so why not?

This first one is about the music tracks which plays during the battle against Unique Monsters, or Tyrants in the case of X.

Which one is your favorite?

As a reminder:

And don't hesitate to share your ideas of new polls!

XC1 > XC2 > XCX

1 and 2 are super close though. like if You will know our names is a 10, You will recall our names (jesus christ how unoriginal) is a 9.9. uncontrollable is like a 9.5 so it isn't as close
:061:

D

Deleted member

You Will Know Our Names > You Will Recall Our Names > Uncontrollable, though the former two are close. Uncontrollable's good, too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So, by doing some gardening today, I had the idea to add a poll to this thread, so why not?

This first one is about the music tracks which plays during the battle against Unique Monsters, or Tyrants in the case of X.

Which one is your favorite?

As a reminder:

And don't hesitate to share your ideas of new polls!
You Will Know Our Name definitely the best UM theme.

Uncontrollable rank second.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You Will Know Our Names > You Will Recall Our Names > Uncontrollable > Hey, Maybe You Should Remember Our Names?

Nothing beat the original, but I still really love XB2's Unique Monster Theme, the two of them in fact. Uncontrollable is good too, but since I haven't played the game, I feel less excited when I think about it. Since for me, a music is more exciting when you hear in it's original context.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nothing beat the original, but I still really love XB2's Unique Monster Theme, the two of them in fact.
Unique Monster theme in XC2 in my opinion aren't better than XC.... And if I go further more personal I actually don't like them too much.

XC2 regular battle theme are the best though. Still, Move Forward! Is really good.

And one thing I like about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 battle is unlike Xenoblade Chronicles, you don't need to cheer up your ally if things aren't going well... And no more negative/high tension music whenever your teammate is down. More often than not I found it annoying in Xenoblade Chronicles.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Have a Theory trying her sister's... things:

Eh... is the pic broken or Smashboards is being ufzzy again?
Let me help ya, I was going to post this before..
68249536_p0.png

It fits perfectly for her actually...
Just not sure if Praxis will be happy about this...
Theory can try out Praxis' water boobs if possible lol.

And wow... Valkyria Chronicles 4 has hot spring scene too...
But unlike XC2 where it is in place with nothing but sand, VC4 takes place in a snowy weather, which hey, makes sense to have some hot springs.
Problem with this scene is why it took Reily over 10 seconds to realize that she was naked in from of her male teammates? And what's good I can say is their reaction were pretty realistic and not too cliche.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
NEW BLADES ON THE RISE PEOPLE!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
poppi's fourth form looks cool

based on the teaser image theres still another two rare blades, neither of the two remaining silhouettes looked like telos

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
poppi's fourth form looks cool

based on the teaser image theres still another two rare blades, neither of the two remaining silhouettes looked like telos
Well, TELOS isn't the DLC rare Blade. You can get her after finishing the game for the first time.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yesterday - now I'm just going to need to figure out how I can find the time to play through the three Xenoblade games.

I'm making good progress in Xenoblade Chronicles, seeing as I'm about halfway up the Mechonis. They just introduced a new Faced Mechon, though, so I feel like this is going to take longer than I thought. I've been spoiled on the main villain (though even if I hadn't been, I might find the fact that his name keeps getting brought up to be suspicious), but I'm blind when it comes to any other plot details, so I'm interested to see how this will turn out.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yesterday - now I'm just going to need to figure out how I can find the time to play through the three Xenoblade games.

I'm making good progress in Xenoblade Chronicles, seeing as I'm about halfway up the Mechonis. They just introduced a new Faced Mechon, though, so I feel like this is going to take longer than I thought. I've been spoiled on the main villain (though even if I hadn't been, I might find the fact that his name keeps getting brought up to be suspicious), but I'm blind when it comes to any other plot details, so I'm interested to see how this will turn out.
So are you going to finish XC first and then play XC2?

Two games aren't related at all, so you can safe to play XC2 without having to finish XC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So are you going to finish XC first and then play XC2?

Two games aren't related at all, so you can safe to play XC2 without having to finish XC.
I figure I'm likely close enough to the end of Xenoblade Chronicles that I'm going to stick with that. I'm concerned that, if I take a break from Xenoblade Chronicles, it will be a while before I pick it back up.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I figure I'm likely close enough to the end of Xenoblade Chronicles that I'm going to stick with that. I'm concerned that, if I take a break from Xenoblade Chronicles, it will be a while before I pick it back up.
Yeah you should, because XC2 will have a lot of content for you to do.

D

Deleted member

Well, that was fast.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

MilkMaiden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6508-9436
I recently got T-elos too. Took me a few tries but I was having more trouble with rolling the blades you need for Poppismasher's quest than rolling her. Now to work on the Affinity charts.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently got T-elos too. Took me a few tries but I was having more trouble with rolling the blades you need for Poppismasher's quest than rolling her. Now to work on the Affinity charts.
If you have a lot of common Blades already, you really won't that much trouble when doing Poppibuster's quest.

It's just a bit annoying that you have to check which specials you need to do though.

Right now I just got all of the NG+ rare Blades as well. Now I can take a short hiatus on Xenoblade Chronicles 2... again.

This has (probably) already become common knowledge but it's news to me.

Looking at the new DLC blade
I noticed that they look a little familiar
It's not exact, but it's they both have a similar color scheme, a round body shape, and extra long limbs.

Why do I bring this up? This was designed by Masatsugu Saito. The main cahracter designer for XC2. And, also from Expelled from Paradise is this
Blonde
White and green color scheme

:thinking:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

It's not exact, but it's they both have a similar color scheme, a round body shape, and extra long limbs.

Why do I bring this up? This was designed by Masatsugu Saito. The main cahracter designer for XC2. And, also from Expelled from Paradise is this
Blonde

is it all that unusal for character designers characters to double up? ive noticed similarities between normua's character's in this and others hes made

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
ok now ive got t-elos (so far i dont like her) only two to go
I don't like her English voice that much, and the fact that she's an axe Blade instead of a unique scythe Blade... disappointing to say the least.

Blonde

Um.... yeah, this is something interesting that you put up. But there's only the structural reference when comparing them.

And yeah, many people said Angela Balzac looks very similar to Mythra, but then again that's because she's blond...
Also Expelled from Paradise is called Rakuen Tsuiho, which a coincidence by the say, "Rakuen" is what Elysium is called in Japanese. Again, this is probably just a coincidence, besides that there is no high connection between Xenoblade 2 and Expelled from Paradise.
However, I have been thinking that Expelled from Paradise's story concept is perfect for a Xenoblade game just with some changes. I mean you have a female protagonist in this movie, which is what I also hope for the new Xenoblade title to have.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you have most people cast out from Rakuen, and as for Rakuen Tsuihou is where a majority are living on the Rakuen...

Also there's a game crash glitch once you are at chapter 7... and it's a spoiler to explain it.

Using Nia and Pyra's Level IV special in some way will result a game crash...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This is official: we are on the greatest timeline.
DON'T FORGET HIM.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is official: we are on the greatest timeline.
DON'T FORGET HIM.
Not yet lol. C'mon Monolithsoft, join the fray.
And an awesome news
Yes Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the best JRPG of 2018.

D

Deleted member

Some of you already talked about it on the social thread, but it appears that several new elements of the Season Pass, notably from its new scenario, have been datamined:
Set in the Aegis War, the Driver-Blade mechanic is gone and instead you control characters like Addam, Mythra, Brighid, Minoth, Lora, etc. directly, they all have 7 arts but characters like Addam for example can't upgrade their weapons with core chips. Also, there's blade data for Jin, Haze and I think Malos too so they will probably be rewards or something. Oh, and Shulk and Fiora return as blades, Shulk has the Monado and his upgrade dialogue is on 4chan, I don't know if I'm allowed to link it though. He also has a "I'm really feeling it" taunt, because of course he would.

Gameplay mechanics and a bit of the premise.

Also, the datamine confirms that The Conduit is the Zohar (might just be a reference to its shape though)

Source
Shulk and Fiora return

as blades

Given how that new scenario's gameplay would be a callback to XC1's, it'd have made more sense to have them as playable, "Blade-less" characters like Jin.
Also the fact we'd also have new loads of "I'm really feeling it!" kinda irks me a bit as well.

Oh well, at least I should already be happy that there'll be new XC1 references as I initially wanted after completing the game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Think I'm nearly done Xenoblade Chronicles 1 - they just had a big reveal that turned the story on its head and locked me out of a bunch of areas of the game, and while I don't think I need to complete every side-quest (some of them require me to fight monsters that are in the eighties or nineties while I'm level 78), I'm going to finish off the Collectipedia before jumping into what appear to be the final boss fights. (I just need two more items - a rare beetle from the Bionis Interior, and an item that I can only get by trading once I've gotten Colony 6 up to five stars)

D

Deleted member

The 3D model of one of the last characters shown during the ending of Xenoblade X has been discovered:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Quick question - is it even possible to complete the Collectipedia on your first playthrough?

I only have one item left - the Love Source, which I need two of. The item can only be found by trading with a particular NPC, but from what I've read, the only thing that you can possibly trade for it is an item that you have a chance of getting from bosses that are level 100 or above. For reference, my characters are around level eighty, and given that a five or ten level gap seems to make fights unwinnable, I'm not sure how this is supposed to be possible.

D

Deleted member

New poll added!
There's no need of explanation for this one.

And here're the results of the previous one:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it could be either me... or Smashboards notification isn't just working properly for some reason... thus I missed this thread for quite some time....

So about Xenoblade... especially when it comes to Xenoblade new rep for Smash Bros Switch...
I have seen a lot of back and forth between Rex and Elma when it comes to new Xenoblade rep, while I think Elma has a more possible chance... I think Cross can also get in.
Anyone who says "Xenoblade can get only one new rep" really should shut up.... Fire Emblem got two (Even though one is a clone) but you have have Chrom that was planned to be in Smash before
So will Rex be like Greninjs where Sakurai got interested on his design (And also Pyra and Mythra?) There is a possibility but that's really not sure.
Elma or any other XCX characters I have to admit have more chance.

And not too long ago, this video has caused some of well... minor ruckus...

You have people who dislike Xenoblade 2's anime design, sexualization on female (For some reason...) will be totally biased on this video and even 100% agreed with it... and mock others who disagrees...
And you have those like me that will disagree with many points on this video but still admit this video being well made, that's why I'm giving this video another shout out tbh.
And... you have those who dislike this video and consider it a trash... which I won't blame them... this video's topic itself is pretty pointless actually since it is call "case study"

Some might already have seen my criticisms on this video... and then you have some users on Social thread being bias and just talking way out of the league...
I respect their opinion and stance regardig Xenoblade 2's sexualization, but ever since like... November I have seen tons of people crapping on this game by it's look. And a couple of weeks ago... I got many replies back and forth.. and I just find their stance pretty subjective... and isn't even strong arguments.

What this video did right:
  • Having reference to many special terms
  • Have played XC2 for 200+ hours (Not more than mine and @Final Smash Gamer 900+ hours though) but it is enough to at least finish the game and the HtHs... But I don't think he's that good enough to get all the rare Blades... which is actually important if you want to take some stab at some rare Blade's design imo.
  • Saying SJW is a blanket term, which yes... he's right but I will say the same thing for "weebs" is also a blanket term as well
And surprise surprise... this is where things he didn't do right...
  • A video about XC2 sexualization that's over 50+ minutes long... and this video is his only video about XC2... so far... sure he wasn't a huge Youtuber by the time he made this video but still...
  • Overloading with spoilers... sure, the video already stated this video having spoilers but he has many sequence where I think he puts too many XC2 cutscenes that weren't necessary to this discussion
  • Using dictionary to talk about feminism... which isn't a bad thing itself but using it as an argument to tell people this is what feminism is.... is delusional because feminism by definition is different compare to the reality...
  • Criticizing why Saitou didn't "justify" his design for Pyra having "bigger" boobs and shortest shorts... is really pathetic when an artist have to defend his design not because it is bad in general but just being sexualized...
  • Mentioning Boogie's video about Anita.... and mentioning how some comments were mean to Boogie... hm.... I won't be surprised if Luiscere actually supports Anita...
  • Tying Tora's maid fetish with a serious society problem in Japan (Where school girls went out with old people in Japan to make money...?) that has almost 0 connection with video games, not to mention XC2...
  • Talking about Nia... (Which again, good job for unnecessarily spoiling the bet part of the game Ludis) and comparing No. 4 to a Blade called Newt saying that Newt is unnecessarily sexualized while having the same characteristic as No.4... but he never mentions Newt is a rare Blade... that a huge difference compare to No.4...
  • His conclusion... is really bad... he says that he wants the video game as a whole being more acceptable to people and that's why he tries to point out the PROBLEMS, so this means he considers XC2 sexualization a PROBLEM... is thing even a case study now?
For better unbiased explanation/ counter argument on this video (And don't want to waste over 40 minutes of your life on Youtube)... check this video:

I mean really, anyone who wants to discuss about Xenoblade should really come here... not other threads...
Some of you already talked about it on the social thread, but it appears that several new elements of the Season Pass, notably from its new scenario, have been datamined:
Set in the Aegis War, the Driver-Blade mechanic is gone and instead you control characters like Addam, Mythra, Brighid, Minoth, Lora, etc. directly, they all have 7 arts but characters like Addam for example can't upgrade their weapons with core chips. Also, there's blade data for Jin, Haze and I think Malos too so they will probably be rewards or something. Oh, and Shulk and Fiora return as blades, Shulk has the Monado and his upgrade dialogue is on 4chan, I don't know if I'm allowed to link it though. He also has a "I'm really feeling it" taunt, because of course he would.

Gameplay mechanics and a bit of the premise.

Also, the datamine confirms that The Conduit is the Zohar (might just be a reference to its shape though)

Source

Given how that new scenario's gameplay would be a callback to XC1's, it'd have made more sense to have them as playable, "Blade-less" characters like Jin.
Also the fact we'd also have new loads of "I'm really feeling it!" kinda irks me a bit as well.

Oh well, at least I should already be happy that there'll be new XC1 references as I initially wanted after completing the game.
I mean Fiora makes sense... Shulk though...
Malos has Monado... so why not? LOL

Top Bottom