• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Famitsu pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's cool we finally know The Dark Emperor's role, then. Although I wonder if that was just a guess from them or not. Is that enough to update the Smashwiki with it?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It takes you to the Smash Bros websites.

Thanks @FalKoopa! I wasn't aware I can merge multiple posts with multiple pics.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I love how DK's eyes bug out of his head when hit.

Also, who is the villager catching in his net. Is that Little Mac?

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
If the Dark Lord (Find Mii Boss) is an Assist Trophy, then this is the first Assist Trophy that is shown on the 3DS.

Last edited:

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the pictures!, I took two of them to publish on the socials from Smashbros-Miiverse, I hope you dont mind. If not, just tell me and I put them down ;)

Im my opinion, I think they just think that the Find Mii Boss is an assit Trophy but they dont have any confirmation... That would be the only real news there appart of the new 4 pictures... so If is true they would have give them more place i guess....

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nope. I don't mind. Thanks for asking.

And it's all speculation. I don't think it's any new information.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, it seems to be all speculation on their part. I just find it funny how it apparently translates outright to "The last boss of Find Mii appears as an Assist Trophy" instead of questioning it or anything like with the Zelda and Xerneas-pics.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Say the Little Mac & Diddy pages have QR codes for the 3DS and Wii U to scan. I assume they're too small in the picture to scan ourselves. Can anyone confirm what they do if you scan them?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I don't think the Dark Emperor is an AT when he's clearly in a Find Mii stage. That would be weird, but who knows...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If that's Sonic's new U-tilt, I'm a happy man. He should have his Brawl U-Tilt as the new U-smash.

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
If that's Sonic's new U-tilt, I'm a happy man. He should have his Brawl U-Tilt as the new U-smash.
That's his forward throw I was told. His up tilt can be seen in his trailer when he's fighting Luigi.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I scanned the QR codes and was directed to a page on the Famitsu site that just gave general specifics such as the platform, projected release date (2014), and the genre.

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
I'm sure these have been talked about somewhere on this site, but I couldn't find anyone talking about these.Do we know if the article gives us any other information, we didn't know before? Has anyone translated these?Just curious! :)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm still working on translating the Little Mac section as well as the newcomers.

As for information, it's either stuff we knew before or just speculation.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm going to hunt this down today. I wonder if it's out.

@---,

"The Phantom that is summoned and attacks is thought to be a new move. The Shiek transformation may not happen."

Hmmmmm

I'm going to translate some more but sadly I don't have all day to work on it.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA:laugh:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
And the Dark Lord doesnt have an outline, more support for the Palutena leak
I don't expect ATs to have outlines, but I think this is just speculation on their part. They also said they don't know if Zelda can still turn into Sheik.

I'm pretty certain the Dark Lord is apart of a Find Mii 2 stage.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't expect ATs to have outlines, but I think this is just speculation on their part. They also said they don't know if Zelda can still turn into Sheik.

I'm pretty certain the Dark Lord is apart of a Find Mii 2 stage.
I agree with you on that part, but Im saying if the Dark Lord is an AT, then that means that ATs have no outlines, and giving that Palutena leak more support

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Famitsu gives new actual information and people still looking at leaks?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It told us apparently one thing is an Assist Trophy.

Not really enough new information to be highly valuable at all. It's almost all repeats and speculation. It doesn't deserve much credit as is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's the only source that ever adresses the Phantom, and also: it gives us clear new information and pics, and Famitsu has been doing since pre-Melee.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Everything said about the Phantom was pure speculation and nothing different from what has been said about it on these boards.

Only new information is the Dark Lord being an Assist Trophy apparently. All the rest was stuff we already knew from Nintendo Directs and daily pictures.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Everything said about the Phantom was pure speculation and nothing different from what has been said about it on these boards.

Only new information is the Dark Lord being an Assist Trophy apparently. All the rest was stuff we already knew from Nintendo Directs and daily pictures.
I thought the Dark Lord bit was speculation as well?

Staarih

Smash Master
I am unsure myself. I think it was too small to be translated, so somebody's trying to pick up a copy to better do so?
I think the part was translated, something like "The last boss from "Find Mii" appears as an Assist Trophy." Which is a pretty straightforward statement but I'd imagine it's still speculation as the whole article seems to be.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the part was translated, something like "The last boss from "Find Mii" appears as an Assist Trophy." Which is a pretty straightforward statement but I'd imagine it's speculation still as the whole article seems to be.
Ah, okay. Well, maybe they just were unsure and took a guess. It'd make a good Assist Trophy.

That said, almost all speculation, or all, yep.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I thought the Dark Lord bit was speculation as well?

I said 'apparently', but even so, take a look at this photo:

The that orange box with Skull Kid and Mother Brain? Look below.

Also, アシストフィギュア (on the top of the box written in a large size) reads as "Assist Figure", the Japanese name for Assist Trophies. It's pretty much confirming the Dark Lord as an Assist Trophy.

Now, whether this information is reliable or not, I can't say, but this is Famitsu we're talking about. Sakurai himself writes columns for the magazine. I'd say assuming the Dark Lord as an Assist Trophy is a valid claim.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is it valid enough to actually update SmashWiki itself with it? It's a fair assumption, of course.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

This. I can't believe people are calling Japanese marketing a 'source'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is it valid enough to actually update SmashWiki itself with it? It's a fair assumption, of course.
I wouldn't deem it 100% certain, but it's a valid assumption, considering the magazine categorizes it on a section dedicated to Assist Trophies and the phrasing seems to be straightforward about it, unlike the Phantom where they use terms that indicate possibility rather than certainty.

Ask yourself this: What would a reader of the magazine assume when reading the article for the first time?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't deem it 100% certain, but it's a valid assumption, considering the magazine categorizes it on a section dedicated to Assist Trophies and the phrasing seems to be straightforward about it, unlike the Phantom where they use terms that indicate possibility rather than certainty.

Ask yourself this: What would a reader of the magazine assume when reading the article for the first time?
It's not a matter of the assumption; It's a matter of "is it a factual bit" instead. I would read it that way too.

And true. I'm actually happy it's more vague, because replacing a full character with a summon is a huge step backwards anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom