• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW EXTREMELY USEFUL Technique for DK (VID)

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
good. im not the one who brought tiers into the argument; God is my rock, did. Unfortunately, everyone here is infatuated with comparing the success of their combos against MK. My final argument is this: MK, Snake, and to great degree Ike, are the most broken characters in Brawl, and should be banned immediately, and that, apart from those three characters, tiers do not exist. Maybe you like the idea of being an underdog too much to dismiss tiers. As for myself, DK is just another character, and it is my experience that knowledge of techniques/combos and the ability to execute such is the ultimate determining factor in a match.

Back to the real argument. Your statement that this "combo" will work against "laggy attacks" is, frankly, bull****. Laggy attacks should be countered by combos, such as the one I mentioned in my first post (see the "Good combos" section for a more complete list) or smash attacks, considering DKs considerable power. This is even truer once you take into account MK's weight. DK can ko MK at very low percentages, and using comboing/smash-attacking as a counter to "laggy moves" is the MOST EFFECTIVE means to winning a match.
How many times has your mother dropped you on your head?

Anyways, I finally found out how to pull this off. I will try it on my friends and see what kind of results I get.

daisho

Smash Lord
Has anyone made any progress on using the GFSC. I have not seen it in a tournament video yet, has anyone pulled it off?

I still think this combo has great potential if anyone can do it consistently.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
question!!!!!!

can DK front throw (cargo) grab release be able to attempt footstool since your opponent will be directly in front of you?

thats if i remember right lol

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
yes thats true except when you are cargo holding them and it releases the are quite close to you and will not be a jump grab release.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
sorry to double post, also meaning when you are walking as well like when you are walking forward since you already have the foward momentum it may be possible to attempted.
i also believe it may very in the opponents height meaning that it may be easier to perform on shorter characters thegn tall ones like snake DDD ect. ill test it out tomorow

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
How many frames of advantage do you have when you cargo release somone?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
My final argument is this: MK, Snake, and to great degree Ike, are the most broken characters in Brawl, and should be banned immediately, and that, apart from those three characters, tiers do not exist.
This is too good to be left unsig'd

daisho

Smash Lord
so then I guess it may not be possible to footstool them I'm not sure =/
It means its not guaranteed, but you can definitely get it... if they shield you can still do it (right?) so if you cargo a couple of times and F tilt or something then maybe you can get the FootStool.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Hey man,
Useful technic. I think it can be used for a initial combo or rack up damage.
I'll practice this.

Amazing !

Top Bottom