• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Discovery!?

REØ

Smash Lord
Well I was playing around in smash like always.( I was bored and bored...) When I started doing the most ******** tests on figuring out shield spans with two wavebirds. Anyway I'll just get to the point, not sure if this is new or not but haven't seen it on smashboards. The higher your damage percent is, the faster you break out from your shield stun, so example: if you have 0% and your shield breaks from a pillaring falco or something you have to wait a while before regaining your control back, but let's say your shield breaks at 999% you have like only a second or two of stun. So the higher your damage percent the easier your character will break out of the stun time.

Also I found out how to jump using the c-stick(Not sure if this is new either) while you are holding L or R press up on the C-stick and your character will immediately perform a jump.

So any tips or such? Discuss.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Umm... these are kinda obvious... they might not be posted because they're so obvious, though

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I never knew about the stun thing.If you rotate the analog stick really fast don't you get out of the stun faster?(like being grabbed or frozen)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I never knew about the stun thing.If you rotate the analog stick really fast don't you get out of the stun faster?(like being grabbed or frozen)
Yes

But I wasn't aware of the percentage impact, that's cool to know.

.22%

Smash Apprentice
project, your jokeing about the " whats a wavedash? " thing right? well just incase: it s when you do a quick hop and then dodge diagnoly down.

anyways, i didn't know about the stun thing but don't let your shield break in the 1st place, right? i probubly would never have found that so, nice find. ( + rep)

Sudai

Stuff here
.22%, that's in his sig in quotes. :p (just an FYI)

Anyway, the CStick jump thing has been known for a while~

The shield stun thing is new as far as I know...

JIGGLY PUFF GETS OUT OF SHIELD STUN FASTEST ON STAGES WITHOUT CEILINGS!!!one!!!11!1!1!!11!1eleven!!1!1!!1!1!iwantedtoaddretardationtothisthread!1111!!

.22%

Smash Apprentice
cool, i just thought that maybe he didn't know and couldn't get a straight answer form anyone so he put it as his sig so someone would answer.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Yeah, actually, the C-stick will act as the Control-stick while a sheild is put up. That means you can roll and dodge as well.

REØ

Smash Lord
Heh, almost forgot about this thread.

cool, but how did you manage to find that out roflll

sheild breaking all day
Yes that's exactly what I did....................I've been known to do really ******** things in smash when I'm bored.

mr.NoOb

Smash Cadet
umm does any know how to do a characters move of up A while holding up. so its not the upsmash WITHOUT first jumping or a B attack...or being hit etc?

btw, sudai you name means ****/poo in my language....im wondering if it has anythign to do with your roll of toilet paper avatar?

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that's pretty cool I'm gunna have to try it when I get home. If you hold L and press C-stick left or right you roll dodge, but I'm sure people already knew that.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
****...there goes one of my next tidbits. This is mentioned in one of mew2kings statistics thingies iirc, but good to point it out to people.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Mew2king knows these. He basically played the game inside out, he has data down to the frames, most people don't know about his site but it's pretty cool, it's like he's a living action replay.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
totalulz @ sudai's sig. gtfo my internets, troll

to OP: nice discovery, always good to know something new, no matter how applicable it is.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I knew them both.
Shield Stun: Messing around with 999% and braeking shield. Came to a quick conclusion you get out of stun faster since they came out extremely fast at that %.
C-Stick has been known for a while, hasn't it?

Oh well, nice to know you'er still trying to find stuff. You probably won't, this game has been squeezed dry with neat little tricks.

Banks

Smash Hero
m2ks site is a headache to read, its pretty good that someone cant make a thread about one of those facts instead of a whole page of them v_v

TRUXOFF

Smash Cadet
well if you want to know all that stuff, its a good read i guess
It's not that good of a read. Don't get me wrong it's not bad, I just think that telling people it's a good read is a bit disingenuous. I think it's more along the lines of acceptable read, but thats just my opinion.

DeadRinger

Smash Rookie
Hey Nice find. The C-stick jump I knew already, but the shield-stun was somthing I didn't realize. Nice.

Top Bottom