• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New discovery? (Vanish Ledge Cancel)

Midnaftw

Smash Cadet
I don't know... I'm near a giant marshmallow if th
Well, I've been lurking on character forums and have never contributed to anything on them. So I am going to contribute something I accidently discovered in training mode. I used the search tool, if this is old, sorry.

If you grab onto the ledge, drop down and immediately Vanish Up, you will rise up before disappearing, grabbing onto the edge. You do not lose invincibility frames, so it is good for a situational edgehog. Though if they time it right, they can grab on in the very small time between falling and grabbing, though you will be able to get back up.

demodemo

Smash Ace
well you are vulnerable for the first couple of frames of the vanish, so you are still open for a little bit

unless you are saying dropping down immediately, will make sure the invincibility frames from the edgegrab hasn't worn off yet? in that case, that's pretty cool, simple, i don't believe i've ever done it :\

probably a reason..can't put my finger on it now..

D1RE

Smash Cadet
I've been using this a bit, but I've come to the conclusion that timing a edgehog from the stage or using the chain is just as, if not more, effective.

Villi

Smash Lord
I prefer this method to the chain. If you time it so you drop while you still have invincibility, I'm pretty confident that there's little to no vulnerability before you regrab the ledge.

The chain has its uses too, tho. While it gives you less invincibility from grabbing the ledge, you can let go of it much sooner.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Yeah, and if the goal is to keep the opponent from grabbing the edge nothing's like hanging below him going "cya!".

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i have used this some...i used to drop down, double jump, then upB to get ppl at the ledge but yeah can make u pretty vulnerable
its hard to get the disappear damage in but u can do it by going slightly away from the edge...i do not recommend holding down to avoid grabbing ledge for obvious reasons lol

demodemo

Smash Ace
yeap, its pretty common and known knowledge, but never really talked about. everybody knows about it, and everybody assumes everybody else knows about it, but it doesn't hurt to discuss a little bit.

Palpi

Smash Hero
the vanish is decent for hogging (compared to dropping down and jumping) because you don't have to drop so low for another jump.

The only thing i can see that vanish has over chain is, if you use chain your opponent somehow reaches ledge before you. The vanish will send you up then di to the stage, the chain, correct me if i am wrong, send you to your death.

Top Bottom