• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Desynch. The fastest most effective one yet?*Video up!!!! First post.* Anothervid

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I lol'd pretty hard at this, Ambrose and Swordgard ( Canadian ICS users ) have been using this since the beginning of January of this year.

Its nothing new Hylian, no offense.
They never told anyone about it, so it's new to the community.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
They never told anyone about it, so it's new to the community.
I meant just Ambrose not gard, my bad. Hes been using it for a very long time, like its absolutely nothing new if America wasn't to under rate Canada so much they'd have known Ambrose discovered it and deserves the credit, just look up Ambrose ice climbers.

Look up videos from like a few months ago, and at the end of it all I told you so :p

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Look up videos from like a few months ago, and at the end of it all I told you so :p
Vids or it didn't happen, man. And trust me, if something like this had come up before, the rest of the IC boards would have known about it by now. Something this useful cannot go unnoticed for too long.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
You want me to find the vids? I'm no ones maid lol, just look up Ambrose Ics.

I can't believe you guys are discovering this JUST now, does Ambrose get any respect? Seriously, stop looking down on Canada.

Thats a Canadian discovery by Ambrose Kwan from Toronto Ontario, kthxbai.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol, no one is disrespecting Canada. How did we even reach that subject at all? If he discovered it, that's cool. But he didn't tell anyone about it, so it's new to us. =/

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
You want me to find the vids? I'm no ones maid lol, just look up Ambrose Ics.

I can't believe you guys are discovering this JUST now, does Ambrose get any respect? Seriously, stop looking down on Canada.

Thats a Canadian discovery by Ambrose Kwan from Toronto Ontario, kthxbai.
I never said I was incapable of searching. But if you were so determined to prove how old this is, then I feel you would have posted a link in your earlier post - leaving no stone unturned, if you will.

And there's also the question of how swordgard, a fellow Canadian, never noticed. While I cannot say how much he's watched Ambrose's ICs, a professional Smasher like swordgard would not be overlooking something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480RpOTNuxI

1:43.

kthx, Canada wins, its very short but hes done it like a billion times, thats just 1 demonstration.
That's a Pivot Ice Block, I think.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Then what the heck is Hylian refering to, cause' whenever I tried his brief explanation in T mode it did a "pivot" ice block, so no, that false description is going no where fast.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Then what the heck is Hylian refering to, cause' whenever I tried his brief explanation in T mode it did a "pivot" ice block, so no, that false description is going no where fast.
View my video if you're stuck. That's why I created it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480RpOTNuxI

1:43.

kthx, Canada wins, its very short but hes done it like a billion times, thats just 1 demonstration.
Yeahhhhhh uhh...that's a turnaround desynch. I've seen almost everyone do that one. This one is done while running and doing a B-Reverse. The one you showed just involves pivoting and Ice Blocking. Nice try though. =X

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I lol'd pretty hard at this, Ambrose and Swordgard ( Canadian ICS users ) have been using this since the beginning of January of this year.

Or..not because I talked with swordgard about this and he's never seen it before including ambrose doing it. Ambrose has never mentioned it or done it in any video. I think you might just not know much about desynching honestly.

Edit: LOL I was right you have no idea what you are talking about. I just watched your video all he does is a pivot iceblock which is the most common desynch. Really, if you don't know what you are talking about please don't come in here boasting that this has been used by someone for a long time. I've seen all of ambroses videos and he's never done it before. You just don't know much about desynching and why this is useful over other desynchs.

Edit 2: Ok that was mean sorry :(. Really though he doesn't do it in those videos and if you don't main IC's it might be hard to tell the difference between the desynchs.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL wow get wrecked silverdoc

hype up canada, when we didn't even mention canada, then u assume we disrespected ambrose by not acknowledging his use of it, then it turns out its the wrong desynch

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's why I didn't put that video in this thread yet, it's not detailed enough so non ics users won't get it haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yea i prefer doing ez mode desynchs as well

hylian says this one is too good to pass up haha :p i kinda sorta agree

cuz i used to think sheiks dacus was impractical but i get it most of the time in matches now

im sure if i keep practicing...

maybe getting it 40% of the time would be good enough ahha

man

brawl tech skill

is coming up

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Way to break ICs (even more), ****.
Actually, its a very good thing to do this.

Now, its like things are MK > ICs> Snake > Olimar> MK As opposed to MK = MK.

Funny how good Olimar is all of a sudden with the ICs being able to counter MK now xD

In fact, I could extend it further to include more charecters.

MK > ICs > Snake > Wario> DDD (now goes 65:45 with Wario)> Olimar > Marth > MK.

See how important this is?
The Hylian desynch/set up into grab along with some AT that Seibrik is coming out with soon that is supposedly really, really ****ing good (like gives Ganon a 0 to death good) is going to revolutionize the way Brawl is played and the level of balance the game has.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
one of these days we're gonna shut up the MK ban hype
and probably get nerved or... banned ourselves
one of these days that's exactly what is gonna happen

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nah, you guys still get countered by Snake and others. As long as you have a counter, you won't get nerfred or ban. Just don't try to improve your Snake or Lucario marchup and you'll be find hahahaha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol man i hate lucario

oh ewll

hes pretty good

hes PRIY GUH

it does seem pretty tough, freaking fsmash

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't think this will really change the MK match-up that much. It'll probably help most against characters that generally stay near the ground.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Ha! This is so amazing Hylian! I love you!

So far, I can get it like 1/6 or 7. But we can definately get it down.

Edit: Sometimes I can get it so Nana does the iceblock, sometimes I can make her desync this way but not do an ice block. I probably just stated the obvious because I have no idea what I'm saying. XD

Edit: Well, when I desync her, she's constantly dashing while Popo is just running.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The thing is MK already likes to stay in the air against us and this desynch looks like it'll do a lot more against grounded opponents.

infomon

Smash Scientist
But this is a way to desync an ice block straight out of a run (you don't need to foxtrot it like in that vid), so if you're running anyway you can just get out in an instead desync; like if you want to airattack with popo and have nana backup (usually suboptimal but I'm sure it could be handy).

Teh Future

Smash Master
You can pivot grab mk every time he dashes towards you, no need for desyncing.

Like I said, blizzard or.... not very useful :/

swordgard

Smash Hero
I lol'd pretty hard at this, Ambrose has been using this since the beginning of January of this year.

Your wrong, ambrose NEVER did this. I checked most of his matches and what your talking about is something else.

Top Bottom