• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Desynch. The fastest most effective one yet?*Video up!!!! First post.* Anothervid

r3d d09

Smash Master
haha yeah well red i meant in the actual tier list :p

wow i just realized now that your name says red dog

i kept thinking in my head "redd 09" whenever i read it
don't worry, everyone thinks that at the start.

when i first made that as my gamertag, people were oblivious, some called me R2D2 haha. but Some did think i was a robot in the halo world xD

Side note, I found out red dog is a brand of beer after i made the GT >.> grossssss.

But i heard it's quite amazing though, so it works out.

_Void_

Smash Cadet
That's it, I'm picking up ICs xDDDD
Can anyone please record this with frame-by-frame hack on, just so we know how big the window actually is (and when exactly we have to input the B-move, using Popo and Nana's movements as reference points)? I get it right every now and then, but I still haven't figured out the actual timing, so I'd be really grateful if anyone could do that!

On a different note (somewhat offtopic): This thread made it look like you still need a quick way to get solo-Nana on the ledge, with Popo waiting onstage. Did I just misunderstand that or something? 'Cause it's really just as easy as running to the ledge and inputting a turnaround with the correct timing =/
I really don't believe that this Nana-edgegrab wasn't discovered yet, since it's so basic, but it sure looked like it from the IM-discussion lol (Well, this dash-desynch could also be considered "basic")
If this actually IS new, i can make Vids and stuff if needed, no problem. But I think it's more likely that I totally misunderstood something xD (I'm not a native speaker after all *john* *john*)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol void's right, an actual frame by frame recording to show us the window of time would really help haha

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Uhh...I don't think that's Virtual Void. Void doesn't use that many emotes, and why would he be "picking up" ICs if he made the Snowstorm video in the first place? o_o

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh lol i could be wrong :D

i just thought i recognized the avatar and i remember the original void was european

r3d d09

Smash Master
Well if he's half as decent as VV, then we'll gladly accept him... if not GTHO. xD Jk. welcome aboard First things first though. You need to go to general discussion and list a ton of facts about yourself. it's a must to join the boards.
think of it as your initiation ;)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I have yet to master desynch but I'll give a shot. I'll make sure to use great things with this move. ♥

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
For some reason KRD's desynch seems easier with Blizzard; when you run and then run backwards.. O.o

...Yeah... I dunno if it's useful. p/p

Lovely

Smash Lord
Lovely, do you have any games recorded of you? i'd like to see a foreign IC.
♣ Not yet, this will be my first time if I play in a Smash tourney when I play in Japan, I mostly play Puyo Puyo. I also have to re-master Ice Climber before playing them in a tournament. ♥

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
♣ Not yet, this will be my first time if I play in a Smash tourney when I play in Japan, I mostly play Puyo Puyo. I also have to re-master Ice Climber before playing them in a tournament. ♥
so i take it you're japanese? im going to japan next month for uni, and would love to know about how to get into the smash scene there...

although that post really doesnt belong here. so i will say:

i finally go round to trying this yesterday (after i saw the vid). before the vid i i though it was like out of a backwards dash instantly, but this is still awesome anyway. i can get it about once out of every 8 tries atm. practice practice practice.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Wewt, sorta got the timing for this, pulling it off semiconsistently now. Funen's video really helped with the controller sound shiz.

lol Attila I meant to talk to you about this on Sunday but I completely forgot. xP

C~Dog

Smash Champion
i finally go round to trying this yesterday (after i saw the vid). before the vid i i though it was like out of a backwards dash instantly, but this is still awesome anyway. i can get it about once out of every 8 tries atm. practice practice practice.
We are totally trying this out thursday >=D

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
has anyone tested this with c-sticking? maybe it´ll make this easier with blizzard.
you can do a blizzard without a problem out of the pivot desynch and the buffer desynch from fastfalled aerials... with c-sticking. and i think out of many other situations too.

so maybe c-sticking will be a useful option for ic mains in the future?

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
yup i mean that ^^ sry :p

i just think that one input (cstick down) is way easier than two inputs (stick down + b)

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Single inputs for specials might not be a bad idea. I prefer the C-stick for smashes, but r3d d09 has a point - the D-pad might work, though I'll need to get used to it (as it needs the right hand to press the D-pad accurately enough to match the technique's timing window).

r3d d09

Smash Master
Of course i have a point ;)

but it's better to add to your playing style, as in controller setup. than taking away and adjusting. Coming from a person who is all about controller setup and what not.

if you don't use the Dpad, then use that, if you want to learn to Smash without a C stick... have fun. it's hard xD

If it was brawl plus. this could be tons easier with button remaping... but it's not.
Either you change your Dpad or your C stick to B stick. :D

Or can the D pad be changed to a ... B pad? O.o or is it only the c stick that can be changed to use all the B moves in directional form?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Can you even set the D-Pad buttons to individual specials? I thought it just set it the same as the B button in that you still need to tilt the control stick for directional specials...

BTW, for the purposes of the desynching thread should I just call this the Wavebounce Desync or Dashbounce Desync or what? I don't really want to call it the Hylian Desync, that kind of irks me as the massive Zelda fanboy that I am. >.>

atm I have it down on paper as the Dashbounce Desync, but I didn't really think it was my place to decide, so I'm asking here.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
yeah, when you set your d-pad to special, it dont matter which direction you set special too its just gonna do your neutral B. but it is too bad that its that way. I would love for my Down on my D-pad to be blizzard. lol

Top Bottom