• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Exactly, he didn't even have "I'm trying to put it together....again" to fall back on that time.
Actually,Sonic Heroes takes place at the end of the Sonic timeline,and the Master Emerald was destroyed for good or had all it's power drained or,or,something....
Anyway Knux dosen't have to guard it anymore.
Or he was taking a vacation,and just flying around leisurely with Tails.

Last edited:

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
Just saying if Pikachus up b ever changed or modified this would need to be added to the end of it

or could even be the 4 blue balloon variant from Yellow version

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Actually,Sonic Heroes takes place at the end of the Sonic timeline,and the Master Emerald was destroyed for good or had all it's power drained or,or,something....
Anyway Knux dosen't have to guard it anymore.
Or he was taking a vacation,and just flying around leisurely with Tails.
I'd accept that if there were a solid Sonic timeline with the games. Since the comics aren't continuity for anything outside of themselves, Sega is dropping the ball.

Edit: Scratch that, Rouge clearly mentions wanting to steal the Master Emerald in Heroes, so that doesn't work.

Maybe it is in his pocket...Yeah, a huge plothole.
Knuckles doesn't have any pockets, although the size altering ability of that thing is friggin weird.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Knuckles doesn't have any pockets, although the size altering ability of that thing is friggin weird.
Well, then he could put it in the same place Sonic puts Chaos Emeralds...where are those going btw?
I was just kidding anyway.It's hard to rationalize Sonic games...
Especially when moon getting blown up and Sonic '06 (despite massive time paradox that should have happened) are canonical.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Sega can't seem to get it right with people to write their stuff. I'm still trying to understand why Knuckles was in Sonic Heroes. It makes no sense to me.
Because there was no other red dude around to complete the colour triangle and the three form a natural trio of the leader, the smart guy and the punchy guy.

Well, then he could put it in the same place Sonic puts Chaos Emeralds...where are those going btw?
How do those bloody things keep on popping up near them anyway?

Especially when moon getting blown up and Sonic '06 (despite massive time paradox that should have happened) are canonical.
'06 retconned itself at the end.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because there was no other red dude around to complete the colour triangle and the three form a natural trio of the leader, the smart guy and the punchy guy.

How do those bloody things keep on popping up near them anyway?

'06 retconned itself at the end.
Makes sense i guess. Who else could be part of the main trio that would fit into "brute" category?

"...I'd better not talk about that..."

Thats the point. How can it be canonical if it never happened?

...Whats the topic again?

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
What would happen if a character that was an assist trophy, say, Lyn, became playable? Would that assist become another character (model change)?

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
What would happen if a character that was an assist trophy, say, Lyn, became playable? Would that assist become another character (model change)?
Pokémon trainer becomes an assist trophy, instead of sliceing he stays still but throws rock/bait at the target

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Knux has had a pretty busy schedule and all with trying to lift weights, having side-kick tryouts, and guarding the emerald all the time. He decided call it quits with the guardian business and just ate the Master Emerald whole. Hence the diamond shaped upper torso. Though it seems to have left a nasty after effect on his brain cells. BUT HEY~! At least people can now try out for the part of Knuckles Jr.

Rags

Smash Ace
Sega can't seem to get it right with people to write their stuff. I'm still trying to understand why Knuckles was in Sonic Heroes. It makes no sense to me.
His existence in anything that the master emerald doesn't play a major role in makes no sense.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Catching up.

... I don't think I will ever stop being angry over this thread consistently down-voting Lyn at one point just because she had a sword while consistently up-voting Isaac as well as stuff like Young Link, Shadowdorf and Pichu.

No, pretty much never.
Preach.

I'm convinced the only way to baptize filthy sword hating heathens is to strap them into a chair and have them watch Sword of the Stranger eternally.

"There's too many characters who use swords."

"Fire Emblem is over-repped."

"Hey guys let's add another Pokemon."

"All sword characters play the same. So let's vote for Isaac."

"GIVE GANON A SWORD."

Oftentimes within the same post.

Is it bad that I argued for an iaijutsu practitioner with a variant of this? The idea was if someone was fully ready to throw out any consideration for another FE character, the draw-sheathe swords person dream would still live on via Takamaru.

While we are at it, Takamaru cosplay alt plz. Taka fans need something.
The more I consider the reality, the more I want this. Though I'm sure there's a good group of people who'd be disappointed in no Awakening pimp coat alt. (Myself included somewhat)

Then again, Lyn in Takamaru's classic non-Captain Rainbow/Samurai Warriors getup would probably be hype as ****.

CONFLICTED

I am against Pichu's inclusion because he doesn't have a sword.

This game does not have enough sword characters

All five clone engine characters must have swords

Everyone must have swords

EVERYONE
Saki, Kat & Ana as a new double character, Takamaru, Sable, Lyn & Issac confirmed.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I don't downvote Lyn because she's a swordie.
I downvote her because she's a bland ass character and overrated AF.

Then again, I guess Leif is out of the question anyhow...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would give a half vote to Leaf if I could (just look at my avatar). I sure hope Roy gets a Leaf alternate costume. Leaf, Eliwood, and Pico (of F-Zero) are my favorite Nintendo characters that have absolutely no chance of ever happening for Smash Bros. Pico might be feasible as a Snake clone though.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
I'd accept that if there were a solid Sonic timeline with the games. Since the comics aren't continuity for anything outside of themselves, Sega is dropping the ball.

Edit: Scratch that, Rouge clearly mentions wanting to steal the Master Emerald in Heroes, so that doesn't work.

Knuckles got Mighty to do him a solid and guard the Master Emerald while he is on vacation. That explains why Mighty is not with Team Chaotix.

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
The real plothole is that Knuckles, unlike Sonic, does not chuckle.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've been out the last few days. Is there anything at all worthwhile in the last, say, 6 pages, or should I just skip to front?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Knuckles is cool
Ridley is better because he can engage metroid mother f***er, he doesn't chuckles either and has better muscles to flex.
Well, I've been out the last few days. Is there anything at all worthwhile in the last, say, 6 pages, or should I just skip to the front?
Skip. Just off-topic chuckling and muscle flexing stuff along with debates from the same person.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Please.
On a scale of 1 to 10 on the don't-chuckle meter, Ridley is a solid 8, but it's a known fact that Knuckles is a 10.
And Condor is an 11.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
What they did with GGXrd has no name. Making two new characters, with both appearing in the cover art, DLC available from day one... WTF!!!!! I don't care if they put the guns n roses character free for some weeks, it's still lame.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
What they did with GGXrd has no name. Making two new characters, with both appearing in the cover art, DLC available from day one... WTF!!!!! I don't care if they put the guns n roses character free for some weeks, it's still lame.
Who were they, btw?
Elphelt was one, but who was the other?

MLGF

Smash Lord
I hope Bridget is DLC, I need my waifu of choice.

Er... um...
Knuckles doesn't chuckle?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its been over two months since the last time votes have been updated. Pretty much everyone who used to count has lost interest. I am going to try and post the updated results myself later this week.

Erik Aldereguia

Smash Cadet
Its been over two months since the last time votes have been updated. Pretty much everyone who used to count has lost interest. I am going to try and post the updated results myself later this week.
That would be most appreciated. Looking forward to seeing updated results.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I wouldn't recommend it. People who've previously voted have been in here casting more votes they don't have. You might get some skewed results. We're still going to update, we just have other things to do as well.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wouldn't recommend it. People who've previously voted have been in here casting more votes they don't have. You might get some skewed results. We're still going to update, we just have other things to do as well.
At worst it would be off by only a handful of votes, which is pretty negligible.

Shin F.

Smash Master
A handful of votes can make a big difference. Dark Samus was only one half-vote below K Rool last time we posted results. One vote more for her or less for him would've meant the difference between which one was in the Top 5 list.

I'm actually counting votes right now, so you'll likely have an update by the end of the week in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom