• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Seriously? Seriously? Like not Joker seriously, but seriously version of seriousness seriously? We literally LITERALLY just went over why Black Shadow should not be in. Guys I can't do this anymore. It seems this thread just attracts n00bs, so I'll just go to another thread where my temper isn't challenged every other goddamn post! *transforms into the Hulk and leaves*
If you can't see why people hate on you by now, there's nothing I can do to help you anymore. :(

You do realize Knuckles is 2nd-to-last on the vote list right? And Isaac is in first place by far.. I mean it's your votes, I'm just pointing that out.
I voted for Knuckles too, primarily because he has potential for a unique fighting style that we haven't yet gotten for PM yet. Sides, it's not like these votes matter at all. It's all for fun.

2. Again, the idea of a sonic character being a sonic clone definetly copped too much flak here. I for one welcome our new fighting freak lord.
Agreed.I never understood the logic behind thinking that Knuckles would be a true clone. Asides from a Spin Dash and potentially a spin attack from jump, he shares nothing else naturally with Sonic. I suppose he could use the Spring for an UpB, though I still think his Shoryuken from Sonic Advance would work best.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
If you can't see why people hate on you by now, there's nothing I can do to help you anymore. :(

I voted for Knuckles too, primarily because he has potential for a unique fighting style that we haven't yet gotten for PM yet. Sides, it's not like these votes matter at all. It's all for fun.

Agreed.I never understood the logic behind thinking that Knuckles would be a true clone. Asides from a Spin Dash and potentially a spin attack from jump, he shares nothing else naturally with Sonic. I suppose he could use the Spring for an UpB, though I still think his Shoryuken from Sonic Advance would work best.
Actually I can see why people hate me now, but I can't help myself! I just want to be funny, but people take it too seriously.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
So, as far as the Black Shadow thing goes, I DO have to ask... how differently do you think it would have turned out if voting started with the 3.5 iteration of Ganondorf? Granted he still isn't quite "Canondorf", but the whole thing with Ganondorf/BShadow was back when Dorf was still very clone-y, and at this point he is departing further from his origin more and more, while also getting more viability, another concern.

Also, to the RAWWWKers, should, or should not, the RAWK Hawk have a move reminiscent of the people's elbow?

Last edited:

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
I already voted for Skull Kid joining him are
+Sami
+Knuckles

I think we need keep in mind that a lot of players choose characters based on movesets such as Captain Falcon which probally has players who have never played a F-Zero game or even dislike it. So I think we do need to focus a little more talk into movesets rather then who deserves it or a series being over repped.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast

well i'm more leaning towards the fact that the main reason he/tails/shadow got downvotes was because "muh third parties in smash".

i also like pointing out that the most DL'ed thing on brawlvault is still a shadow the hedgehog hack.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
well i'm more leaning towards the fact that the main reason he/tails/shadow got downvotes was because "muh third parties in smash".

i also like pointing out that the most DL'ed thing on brawlvault is still a shadow the hedgehog hack.
That's likely the best reason for voting them out, but they're certainly more iconic characters than a number of alternatives being voted for, so eh.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
More like "Third-party characters that don't deserve a spot". Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man (didn't listed Snake because i don't know why he was chosen because he didn't had same kind of impact) are iconic and one of the main video game characters from 3 third party franchises, being close to THE video game character, AKA Mario. Those MGS and Sonic characters are not even close. So, its better to spend those limited slots on something better. Thats simple.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
More like "Third-party characters that don't deserve a spot". Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man (didn't listed Snake because i don't know why he was chosen because he didn't had same kind of impact) are iconic and one of the main video game characters from 3 third party franchises, being close to THE video game character, AKA Mario. Those MGS and Sonic characters are not even close. So, its better to spend those limited slots on something better. Thats simple.
I thought it was because Kojima is Sakurai's friend and asked for Snake to be put in.

Seriously? Seriously? Like not Joker seriously, but seriously version of seriousness seriously? We literally LITERALLY just went over why Black Shadow should not be in. Guys I can't do this anymore. It seems this thread just attracts n00bs, so I'll just go to another thread where my temper isn't challenged every other goddamn post! *transforms into the Hulk and leaves*
Okay! May your quest be uneventful and devoid of butthurt!

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Snake got in Brawl because Kojima's son wanted too see Snake in Smash Bros. and Kojima is very close friends with Sakurai, and after hearing his son's request Kojima went to Sakurai himself to ask him to be a fighter Brawl.

Edit: My God I got :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Snake got in Brawl because Kojima's son wanted too see Snake in Smash Bros. and Kojima is very close friends with Sakurai.
I thought it was because Kojima is Sakurai's friend and asked for Snake to be put in.
Then that explains everything. Too bad such stuff got worse in SSB4, but instead of someone else, it was because Sakurai wanted AKA horrible bias problem. Fortunately, PMBR doesn't have such problems...but seeing one of those leaked characters that is incredibly low in the poll make me doubt they are clean...Anyway, when will poll results update again?

Shin F.

Smash Master
No, he means Condor.

Because he's ****ing Condor. He'll steal Ridley's vegetables like a boss. Ridley ain't got **** on this beast.

#CondorNation

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
If Condor were to get Falcon Punched, it would result in a total platonic reversal that would make all of Captain Falcon's molecules explode at the speed of light, but leave Condor unharmed.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
No, he means Condor.

Because he's ****ing Condor. He'll steal Ridley's vegetables like a boss. Ridley ain't got **** on this beast.

#CondorNation
It's not as if it is difficult to do that. I mean, Ridley is a carnivore. He doesn't care for his veggies. He

If Condor were to get Falcon Punched, it would result in a total platonic reversal that would make all of Captain Falcon's molecules explode at the speed of light, but leave Condor unharmed.
*spits tea*

Uh, anyway, who is this Condor person? A potential playable character?

Last edited:

LightningLoops

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrayUSA
3DS FC
1092-0083-1620
Hmmm, might as well contribute.

1+

Lyn
Im a sucker for Battoujutsu/Iaijutsu swordplay, and what we've already seen doesn't disappoint. Its like PM put Vergil in Super Smash Bros. No doubt they took inspiration from this.
Isaac
You can't mention GBA games without mentioning Golden Sun. With Gaia Blade Unleash attacks (Power Charge, Spiral Assault, Sky Blade, Titan Blade), unique Psynergy (Move, Retreat, various Earth and Plant based attacks), and Venus Djinn, its crazy Isaac was never included as a playable character. Since Felix shares many attributes to Isaac, he could double as a alternate costume similar to Robin in Smash 4.
Ridley
Not a big fan, but I'd be lying if the moveset potential wasn't there. I imagine his Analog Movement is similar to Aliens and attacks and special moves are reminiscent of Firebrand. As for him being to big... If Capcom can make Sentinel work in Marvel, I'm sure PM could find a way.

1/2
Pokemon Trainer
Doesn't need to be his own character. Have him interact with Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle like he does in Brawl.

Young Link
Brawlvault is your friend.
Pichu
The Baby Mario of Pokemon. Terrible character design, unoriginal moveset, and design mechanic where he deals damage to himself. Even the devs at Nintendo mentioned Pichu was a joke.
"But the PM team can give him the Roy treatment!"
And? He could be the best character since ST Akuma, nobody wants his inclusion besides the 5 outspoken users in this thread who keep circle jerking each other. Its funny, cause the same people voting for Pichu are the same who whine about Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Golf Actual

Smash Rookie
Pichu
The Baby Mario of Pokemon. Terrible character design, unoriginal moveset, and design mechanic where he deals damage to himself. Even the devs at Nintendo mentioned Pichu was a joke.
"But the PM team can give him the Roy treatment!"
And? He could be the best character since ST Akuma, nobody wants his inclusion besides the 5 outspoken users in this thread who keep circle jerking each other. Its funny, cause the same people voting for Pichu are the same who whine about Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit.
Er... If Pichu was to be included in Project: M, the PMDT would probably change its moveset, and such, don't you think? And, uh, people complain about Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit because they're clones that don't really change gameplay much. I don't think the PMDT would include Pichu without making some changes to it so that it is actually viable and improves gameplay overall.
But, uh, that's just me.

Rags

Smash Ace
I don't have anything against them. I think Tails and Grey Fox would be nice additions, tho I'm not a sonic fan whatsoever and I've never played Metal Gear. I just consider their potential and how they might add diversity. That and how much effort someone would require.
Yeah I mean I would like the diversity. In the case of clones, I don't mind as long is there's enough change to where they play differently (Fox and Falco) which is why I opt for Knuckles as opposed to tails. (and a bit of bias)

Though I did notice skimming though the thread that there's a general distaste for the non nintendo characters. Sonic ones in particular, from what I've seen.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah I mean I would like the diversity. In the case of clones, I don't mind as long is there's enough change to where they play differently (Fox and Falco) which is why I opt for Knuckles as opposed to tails. (and a bit of bias).
It's those dreads and that sweet hat, isn't it?

Rags

Smash Ace
1. It's a mod. Nobody's going to waste time going after permissions. Apparently they don't need them if they're in the game in some shape or form already.
2. Again, the idea of a sonic character being a sonic clone definetly copped too much flak here. I for one welcome our new fighting freak lord.
Yeah, point 1 I was htinking something similar also. I don't think they'd have to really worry since they're not getting money off it, and considering all the sonic fan games that are floating around, I don't think sega would make a big fuss. Though I simply said that if they really wanted to go out their way to avoid it.

Rags

Smash Ace
It's those dreads and that sweet hat, isn't it?
Ahahaha... well BEFORE sonic boom I've always admired his personality of being the strong independent and self-motivated character. Especially in Sonic adventure. Though now... it's not even him, all the chatacrers have been boiled down to 1 dimensional chiches

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
but seeing one of those leaked characters that is incredibly low in the poll make me doubt they are clean...
Wait, you thought that this thread and this "poll" actually held any sway in who would make the cut? like, seriously?

i'm gonna need that Jigglypuff again.
1415791612037.png

Like i said before. if the PMDT are going to make clones, they'd make them from characters who don't have clones already. the 3rd parties are easily the most stand alone characters of the current cast. who to make a Sonic clone was a no-brainer, and Snake happens to have someone who can fit the bill from a nintendo game.

and as a bonus, Roy happened because of fans and the fact that Marth didn't have a clone this time around.

Ahahaha... well BEFORE sonic boom I've always admired his personality of being the strong independent and self-motivated character. Especially in Sonic adventure. Though now... it's not even him, all the chatacrers have been boiled down to 1 dimensional chiches
good thing Sonic Boom is just a spin off Universe then.

Rags

Smash Ace
Well abck on topic I can kind of understand why they wouldn't want any insane character in the game, like sora or goku, but if you stick with a series that's already in it, then I don't see where the harm is.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait, you thought that this thread and this "poll" actually held any sway in who would make the cut? like, seriously?

i'm gonna need that Jigglypuff again.
View attachment 31404

Like i said before. if the PMDT are going to make clones, they'd make them from characters who don't have clones already. the 3rd parties are easily the most stand alone characters of the current cast. who to make a Sonic clone was a no-brainer, and Snake happens to have someone who can fit the bill from a nintendo game.

and as a bonus, Roy happened because of fans and the fact that Marth didn't have a clone this time around.
No, i know this whole thing doesn't matters at all. It just shows opinion of various peoples here. Still, it was very easy to predict that someone like...khm...would not be a welcomed addition. And there is other characters not cloned yet like Bowser, ROB, Peach, Samus (not sure about this one since she is linked to ZSS), etc.
Also, remove X and Y's names. And that face on Jigglypuff makes me want to impale its eyes with a burning stick.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Do you guys have any idea who would be the best base for Saki if he were hypothetically included?
Perhaps ZSS?Replace whip with a sword,and she has the Neutral B as a base for projectile(s).Not 100% sure how it works though.
Maybe just Samus,and replace the non projectile moves with sword moves?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
OOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo
now i get it

Do you guys have any idea who would be the best base for Saki if he were hypothetically included?
Considering he has a weapon that can slash AND shoot, I think ZSS would be the best base. Change the whip to a blade thinger and Bob is your blood relative. And jolly too.

That's Sonic Boom for you. Got pushed to the point of getting a bloody tv show, and guess what? The game is forgettable at its best, and imprinted into the racial memory as a grave mistake at its worst.

ManaT

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2279-3947
Hmmm, might as well contribute.
Its funny, cause the same people voting for Pichu are the same who whine about Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit.
Its even more funny because I enjoy all 3 of those characters. Would I like to see them a little more luigified sure but I was never against their inclusion. I wouldn't assume anything about people you know nothing about.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Sega can't seem to get it right with people to write their stuff. I'm still trying to understand why Knuckles was in Sonic Heroes. It makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom