• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I LOL at you.

Neither K. rool nor Ridley "deserve" to be in a smash game.

Honestly, DK is an overhyped series, and Ridley won't ever be playable unless PMBR decides that it's okay to ritualisticly sacrifice some people.
Could you please go into more detail as to why they don't "deserve" the spots?

DK overhyped? Do you even understand how successful the original DKCs were on the SNES? The first is the 2nd best selling title, Diddy Kong's Quest was the 6th, and even Dixie Kong's Double Trouble was the 12th even though it was released AFTER the N64 hit shelves. Do you know what generation most of today's smashers grew up in? There is a reason that K. Rool and Dixie garner so much attention. If their popularity doesn't speak words for themselves, and that somehow doesn't translate to how well they'd be received as clone engine characters, then I don't know what would make a character more deserving of a clone engine slot besides being a character from a unrepresented series.

Metroid falls under the same boat, and is criminally underrepresented.

The inclusion of either of those 2 characters would bolster the ranks of not only those series lacking reps, but they are also villains, large characters which are few and far between, have the chance of creating completely new playstyles, and could attract a bunch of new players simply by their inclusion.

Sorry for the rant, but I seriously don't see how these two characters couldn't deserve the spots. They will still have a difficult time getting in because of their immense workloads and some really tough competition, but those are really their only downsides.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I've been trying to see it from an objective point of view.
There are some characters that just make a lot of sense:

Ridley - Ridley speculation and jokes have been around the internet for ages. This would bring huge hype.
Black Shadow/Ganondorf - People always complained about Ganon being a clone of a character that's not even from the same franchise. Plus everyone wants the sword.
Isaac - I never understood why he wasn't included in the official games in the first place. Main character from a very popular series that was exclusive on Nintendo consoles.

IMO those 3 characters would be the best bet for the PMDT to generate hype.
For the two remaining slots I would think that K.Rool and Skull Kid would be hype as well.

Skull Kid - People are waiting for a Majoras Mask Remake for ages. Including the main villain from that game would be a smart move, showing the people that the PMDT is doing what everybody is hoping Nintendo would do.
K. Rool - DKC is a huge Nintendo series that lacks representation in Smash. King K Rool might be debatable and not as hype as the other 4 characters mentioned above I still think he would be a good addition.

Optional: I also think Lyn would generate hype.
Personally I'd love to have Shadow since he is one of my favorite characters, but I can see why he isn't a really popular choice.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Could you please go into more detail as to why they don't "deserve" the spots?

DK overhyped? Do you even understand how successful the original DKCs were on the SNES? The first is the 2nd best selling title, Diddy Kong's Quest was the 6th, and even Dixie Kong's Double Trouble was the 12th even though it was released AFTER the N64 hit shelves. Do you know what generation most of today's smashers grew up in? There is a reason that K. Rool and Dixie garner so much attention. If their popularity doesn't speak words for themselves, and that somehow doesn't translate to how well they'd be received as clone engine characters, then I don't know what would make a character more deserving of a clone engine slot besides being a character from a unrepresented series.

Metroid falls under the same boat, and is criminally underrepresented.

The inclusion of either of those 2 characters would bolster the ranks of not only those series lacking reps, but they are also villains, large characters which are few and far between, have the chance of creating completely new playstyles, and could attract a bunch of new players simply by their inclusion.

Sorry for the rant, but I seriously don't see how these two characters couldn't deserve the spots. They will still have a difficult time getting in because of their immense workloads and some really tough competition, but those are really their only downsides.
Ridley isint in because Metroid is only popular in the States, where as it's meh in Japan. Also, Ridley would be too ridiculous to rig together honestly, and I don't think it's worth it. Sure, it would be cool and all, but not worth it.

K. Rool is a dumb character imo, and there are much better characters. I would take Lyn over K. Rool, and I dont even think there should be more FE characters. Issac, Skull Kid, Ninten/Masked Man, Saki and several others are just far superior choices for the clone engine.

And as a last point, if past sales mattered that much, then K. Rool would have been in smash 4, wouldn't he?

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Ridley isint in because Metroid is only popular in the States, where as it's meh in Japan.
There are many other countries in the world apart from the US. Germany, France, United Kingdom and Spain are very important markets for video game industry. And I must say in those markets, as far as I can know because I'm Spanish, Metroid has sold well. So the only place in which Metroid isn't an important release is in Japan.

MLGF

Smash Lord
...You know what?
This is becoming like a Sm4sh thread.

And I refuse to be apart of the hell that is that part of Smashboards.

Peace.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Seriously? I've been gone like a week and only 4 pages have gone by?
What the *** am I paying you guys for :troll:

ahem
getting back on topic, will there be a poll reset because of the release of Smash 3DS or only when the PMDT decides to reveal a new character?

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Seriously? I've been gone like a week and only 4 pages have gone by?
What the *** am I paying guys for :troll:

ahem
getting back on topic, will there be a poll reset because of the release of Smash 3DS or only when the PMDT reveals a new character?
When the PMDT reveals a new character. We're just letting people change their votes for confirmed characters, like Bowser Jr.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Found some juicy Funky Kong Ideas (The guy who I voted for, y'know, Sunglasses, Bandana, MKWii Top Tier, him?)
If they really wanted to make a semi-clone for a franchise that needed a new character, why not Funky as a combined clone of Donkey and Diddy? Take Diddy's Popgun, DK's Headbutt, Donkey's Up B, and Donkey's Down B? Less powerful, but has a ranged attack. Plus, reps DK, which needs a new rep more than Fire Emblem.
Of course this was directed at SSB4, but this is still juicy.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Found some juicy Funky Kong Ideas (The guy who I voted for, y'know, Sunglasses, Bandana, MKWii Top Tier, him?)

Of course this was directed at SSB4, but this is still juicy.
Thanks for reposting this, SmashRiver. I do think that, while this would require a little more effort than slapping a Ridley skin over Charizard's skeleton, it still could happen.,

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Thanks for reposting this, SmashRiver. I do think that, while this would require a little more effort than slapping a Ridley skin over Charizard's skeleton, it still could happen.,

Effort begins.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Alright, we got the full roster, so I might aswell revote my votes, or whatevs. I may ask to look back at my previous vote post for reference. http://smashboards.com/threads/clon...ting-more-votes.341479/page-479#post-17402631

+1 Ridley: totally didn't make a scene with his disconfirmation.

All-Star potential, 2nd most important Metroid character, Samus' Bowser, yadda yadda yadda. My last list of votes explains everything, and I put so much time into it. Stuff like why Ridley needs a place to call home, fans never had it their way, and a moveset suggestion...oh, and Meta Ridley alt. :3.

Thirteen years of support, and all Ridley gets for Smash 4 is little recognition on the 3DS version (if not none at all), and a boss on the Wii U version that, while looks cool and all, may serve to mock all his supporters... I really wanna get over this grief. :(

+1 Black Shadow/Ganondorf revamp:

Like I said in my last vote, I'm a big fan of the clone Ganondorf, as I enjoy the idea of an evil wizard that likes to dirty his hands. However, if Black Shadow ever gets a strong chance in becoming playable, I'd rather him adopt the Falcondorf moveset. Keep all of Falcondorf's features on Black Shadow down to his very taunts!...except the sword taunt. Better pass that on to the revamped Ganondorf.

With Smash 3DS out in Japan, I think it would be easiest if the PMBR took inspiration from Ganondorf's custom moves in the game, as some actually do take utility of his sword.

+1 Dark Samus:

As I had let my obsession for Ridley take over during the speculation times, I became curious on what Dark Samus could do... I feel like there should be someone to represent the Prime Trilogy, and who would be better than her?

...I got nothin' other than that. You want a cookie, or something?

+1 Paper Mario:

I feel bad for Alax and aldelaro5 not getting their wish in Smash 4, so I feel I should hand my support to them. I don't remember what I said before, mainly because I'm too lazy to check and have to start everything over.

+1/2: Ninten:

I'm still abit held back by the similarities to Ness, but again, Pitto fan, here. With Ness & Lucas representing the last two Mother games, it would feel fitting for Ninten to represent the first. If he can't make it, always make a Ninten Ness alt as a condolence. :)

Just a few small ideas: to make Ninten more unique, try giving him different PSI sounds and visuals, like spirals, or pixels. As for his PK Thunder, I recommend taking inspiration from one of Ness's custom moves in Smash 4.

EDIT: Or, y'know...that 4-D Slip thing everyone talks about...'cause no one likes thunder.

+1 Waluigi:

Again, BECAUSE WARIO, DAMMIT!

Seriously, do we need Waluigi to get in a future Warioware game just to boost his popularity?!

...Biker Waluigi: make it happen, PMBR!
Also, Waluigiware.... You may call me Van Gogh.

+1 King K. Rool:

All the Smash underdogs must get in; no questions asked. I have no experience or knowledge in the DKC franchise, so I can't give you my two cents on movesets. Das Koopa, however, really does seem to be on to something.

+1/2: Dixie Kong:

Speaking of the King, I figured that if She already has unfinished player data on Brawl's disc, it'd be good to complete it. I see her being a crazy mix of Diddy and DK, using Diddy's bananas and athletics, along with a more vertical version of DK's up-B...and some other trait from the big guy. Make her the middle Kong, why don't you?

-1 Hector:

With Ike recieving an alt explicitly based off Hector's armor, I feel abit peeved of him ending up playable. What I do like, though, is to make him a part of Lyn's Final Smash like how Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash...that is, if Lyn gets in at all.

-1 Masked Man: As I've said before, I think he's too big of a spoiler to be playable. What I'd like as a condolence, however, is to make an unmasked Claus alt for Lucas.

Off-topic whiplash: While it's still on my mind, I'd like to recommend Dark Pit's bow in PM to be changed to silver. I know he already has a silver bow in Smash 4, but as an Uprising fan, it bothers me to see him use a gold bow. He's too emo for gold!

-1 Tom Nook:

With Smash 4 already getting representation for Animal Crossing, it makes me feel like it would be unnecessary to put Nook in...unless you want a Melee version of Villager, of course.

-1 Pokémon Trainer:

With seven wild Pokémon playable, Red to me would look like a stick in the mud, throwing rocks and riding his bike all over the stage...

Now I got Snake wearing Red's outfit stuck in my head. @_@

This is about all the votes I got for now. I may update later like I've had with my last list of votes.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Just a few small ideas: to make Ninten more unique, try giving him different PSI sounds and visuals, like spirals, or pixels, As for his PK Thunder, I recommend taking inspiration from one of Ness's custom moves in Smash 4.
I was thinking it would make a lot more sense to just not use PK Thunder for him and give him 4th-D Slip instead, since that's his signature move and it could basically act as a teleport.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
About this Waluigi topic, I hope a Wario Bros. as the next installment of Wario Land series. Something like Donkey Kong Country, two characters, one is heavier, the other one jumps higher, etc. If Nintendo makes a game like that, I would fap until death and I would support Waluigi as a newcomer for Smash 5 (or 6?). But, if Waluigi is still just a try to give a pair to Wario in tennis and golf games, I won't.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Has anyone actually made a moveset for Pichu that proves he can be viable and unique? How is anyone gonna be convinced just because he's a veteran?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Has anyone actually made a moveset for Pichu that proves he can be viable and unique? How is anyone gonna be convinced just because he's a veteran?
I thought of another Pichu idea-- who remembers the Plasma ability from Kirby's Super Star?

What if Pichu had a move like that? It could start off as a very weak attack with short range, but could charge the more you ran around (dashdancing FTW) It would work well for a hit-n-run esque character. When fully charged, Pichu would become electrified, which would damage enemies that touched it (like in Super Star) as well as Pichu itself. Using the move then would unleash an incredibly powerful electric ball of death :troll:
To elaborate on the Plasma Pichu idea

Pichu's Thunder Jolt (B), Agility (up B) and Thunder (down B) would be his most revamped moves.

Thunder jolt would have less range, but would be able to paralyze opponents like ZSS's Paralyzer. Pichu will take damage from using this move, but it can give you time to escape if you're in a bind.

Agility would feature three zips instead of two (each zip would be slightly shorter than one of Pika's). The move still does no damage.

Thunder would instead become Discharge. Normally, Discharge would be a VERY weak move. The more Pichu runs around (again, dashdancing FTW), the more electricity it will build up. When fully charged, Pichu will become electrified-- anything it touches will take damage, and Pichu will take damage itself until it uses Discharge. Discharge would look similar to Pika's Thunder except for one thing-- it travels horizontally! Instead of coming from the clouds, Pichu will discharge a gigantic thunderbolt from it's own body that would shoot straight ahead, decimating all that it touches! The question is: can Pichu live long enough to use it?

Also, I had a really silly idea. If Pichu got a final smash, what if it was Destiny Bond? A 20-second timer would appear above Pichu's head, and if it is KO'd before that timer runs out, whoever landed the killing blow will be instantly defeated! Imagine the salt this would cause in Team Matches! :kappa:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Pichu can't use destiny bond. Would still be hilarious though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Thought of more ideas for Funky Kong, elaborating on @ Cobalsh Cobalsh 's ideas. Stuff I don't list here stays the same as DK. Note that this is all my Ideas, so you don't have to use them.

Technical Stuff; Compared to DK (the Clonee), Funky Runs a bit Faster, Jumps a bit Higher, and Deals a bit Less Damage.

Dash Attack: Instead of DK's Roll, have Funky Kong glide around on his Surfboard, giving it more range and less lag, but less power and knockback.

Up B: Instead of being a Horizontal-Oriented move with a bit of Vertical Momentum, Funky's Up B would have him do a Jump on his Surfboard (probably spinning around) that gives him a Vertical-Oriented Jump with a bit of Horizontal Movement.

Side B: Stays the same, but with Funky's Surfboard, and not his head.

B: Coconut Gun from DK64. He was the weapons guy in that game, right? Why not represent it? Take Diddy's Peanut Popgun, but have Bigger, Slower, More Powerful Coconuts instead of Peanuts. The catch is, if you charge for too long, you damage yourself quite badly in the dud explosion, but the Coconut you were going to fire launches REALLY FAST for a somewhat Long Distance, and launches enemies quite easily.

Down B: Again, Stays mostly the same, but instead of slamming his hands on the ground, he does claps (sorta like Diddy's DTilt) that pushes enemies away instead of damaging them (unless they're at point-blank), making for a good keep-away move.

Final Smash: Keep it the same, why not. He is playable in the 3rd Donkey Konga (albeit, Japan Only)
so I guess it's fine. Or use Funky Kong's plane in some way, that works too.

RANDOM TAUNT IDEAS (no particular direction):
  1. Have the Bowser Bike from MKWii come from the foreground, Funky jumps on it and does a standing wheelie for a bit, then jumps off and the Bowser Bike disappears. (Funky Kart Wii 4dayz)
  2. Same as DK's Chest-Beating taunt
  3. Stands his Surfboard upright and leans on it
  4. V for Victory
  5. Laughing

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
+1 for Ridley (needs to be completed disconfirmed out of smash wiiu... hope never dies! damn!)
I want to point that UMVC3's Firebrand could be a good inspiration for some of ridley moveset, specially regarding commandgrabs.

+1 for Lyn. Personal favorite, and her chances are null for being on official smash, considering her time have passed AND FE is ok repped. she can get some ideas from greninja blades, some bow stuff, maybe a killing teleport akin to SSB4 Zelda and the rest generic quick sword moves and you have an interesting character right there.

+1 to dixie (if she ever gets confirmed for SSB4 transfer this vote for King k Rool) DKC2 was one of my fav games on the SNES, and i think that she could work pretty well as a semiclone diddy. plus donkey kong is certainly underrepped :c

+1 to sami, Advance wars is very fun and quite prominent, but i always felt that andy is such a boring character ( can't picture much for max either) Sami on the other hand, i digged her design a lot, and was one of the most fun CO to play in the game, (the other fun ones weren't much elevant to the story) I wouldn't be sure if a snake clone would get her right though.. maybe taking some animations. but as long as she have a good rushdown game and maybe soem specials to shoot and run, i wouldn't complain if teh rest of the moveset is from snake.

Dang the fifth one is hard.... but i will go for ...

+1 Saki... Sin and Punishment is such a hidden gem, and i would love if it gets more exposure :c

Characters i'm positive about but not enough to include them on my top 5:
Ganondorf/Black shadow
Ray mkII
King K Rool
Isaac
Waluigi
Krystal
Masked Man (Aka the walking spoiler)
Skull Kid
Tetra

Characters i'm neutral:
Paper mario: (His game are interesting enough to not be mad about "another mario" but i don't think a clone would be worth the effort)
Samurai Goroh
Dark Samus
Ninten
Hector
Sukapon
Tom nook
The sonic crew

Characters i'm against
-1 Bowser JR. i don't think i even need to say anything here becasue most likely he is already disqualified, but i'm not sure if anything worse than the koopa clown car would be satisfying, and don't think is worth the effort recreating the koopa car or doing something more original.

-1 Toad... just.. boring character, maybe captain toad, but plain old toad? i would prefer Dr mario if he is going to bea mario clone.

-1 pichu, Another character i consider quite boring, if you really come with an amazing interesting mechanich, maybe.. but i would prefer if you give teh moveset to any other of the army of electric rodents that gamefreak loves to expand each generation. personal favorites would be emolga and dedenne.

-1 Red, don't know if making a moveset from scratch is worth the effort here, coudl end with some nice nostalgia and all.. but i prefer pokemon to stick to pokemons...

-1 Andy, this probably will be my more biased comment, but i seriously can't click in the right diection with this guy... while i love advance wars and its cast, andy always have bored me big time, he is the typical generic protagonist. the only way icould stomach it would be a full advancewars referencing moveset with stuff like summoning tanks and stuff... but really don't see the ammount of effort that wouldrequire paying off.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I feel like it's been an eternity since the last big PM announcement, even though it hasn't been long at all.

I suppose I'm just jonesing for something to lift my spirits after the god-awful HW and Smash 4 roster reveals. At least there have been some awesome Pokemon announcements lately.

Yeesh...I feel like I'm losing a lot of faith in Nintendo as of late. :c

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
+1 Pichu

I need Pichu in my life! He's definitely the Yamcha of Smash Bros, but that doesn't stop me from loving that adorable little rascal. With some dynamic changes put into him he can still maintain the status of being the joke character like he was in Melee. But still be able to keep up with the metagame and not be obsolete.

+1 Black Shadow

It's about time we get another F-Zero character in Smash, and if Sakurai is not going to do it then Project M should definitely consider it. Especially Black Shadow, being Captain Falcon's arch-rival makes it a perfect opportunity to incorporate Ganondorf's moveset onto Black Shadow!

+1 Krystal

Definitely the most deserving StarFox character after Wolf, she'd bring diversity to both gender and moveset. It's about time we get a new StarFox addition that doesn't borrow assets from Fox's moveset. A lot of unique moveset potential.

+1 Tetra

As much as i would love to have Toon Zelda, Tetra is the next best thing. She'd definitely be awesome to play as, and would most likely have a very fast paced moveset . Similar to Sheik.

+1 Sami

The fact that Smash does not have a single playable Advance Wars character yet should be a strong reason for Sami to be considered. She looks very interesting, and i'd love to see what the team could do with her.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
+1 to sami, Advance wars is very fun and quite prominent, but i always felt that andy is such a boring character ( can't picture much for max either) Sami on the other hand, i digged her design a lot, and was one of the most fun CO to play in the game, (the other fun ones weren't much elevant to the story) I wouldn't be sure if a snake clone would get her right though.. maybe taking some animations. but as long as she have a good rushdown game and maybe soem specials to shoot and run, i wouldn't complain if teh rest of the moveset is from snake.
Consider how Snake was made much more "sneaky" in PM in contrast to "SNAKE SMASH" in VBrawl. The idea of Sami bringing back his brute force approach with changes to the ranged weapons (no R.C. Nikita, ect) for Project:m is one way to look at it.

i had a sami Moveset idea that i don't feel like reposting.

but i will anyway.

Specials

B - grenade, unchanged from snake. Though they are not used in Advance wars at all, I see no reason to change it's basic function as it's a standard armament for soldiers in anything, but perhaps like toon link's bombs, they're weaker and hit multiple times.

Smash B - Missile launcher - pulls out an orange star missile launcher, with a small window to aim it anywhere in a 45 degrees from dead horizontal angle before firing (ie. she can aim slightly up or down before firing). for comparison, her missiles are faster and longer ranged, but weaker than Samus'. when used in midair, she is pushed backwards, similar to mewtwo's shadowball.

Down B - machinegun. if snake's C4 was pretty much a glorified version of the Stickybomb, Sami's gun can be a glorified version of the superscope. on input, she pulls out the gun she is depicted with in her artwork frequently and it just acts like snake's tranquiliser gun. it can only fire in 3 shot bursts and runs out of ammo in 3 uses. she reloads it like snake, but with an added APC resupply SFX from Advance Wars. in midair, it stalls momentum like marth's dancing blade or the space animal's reflector and is angled downwards similar to shiek's needles.

Up B - City Capture - Sami is notorious for her one turn captures during her CO superpower, Victory March, which is only made worse with dual strike when paired with Eagle. as explained on a previous page, when a city is captured in advance wars, the animation that is used is a soldier jumping down on a city that, once complete, shoots up to regular size in the capturing team's colour Under the soldier. for Sami's recovery, imagine the last part of the capture process appearing from under her, but it launches her in a similar fashion to Sonic's Spring, however it doesn't fall, only disappears after use. the growing city also does some damage to enemies. fun fact, there is a rising city animation in Brawl already with Dr. Wright's Sim City assist trophy.

standard attacks

ground
dash - ends run with a knee thrust. like what zssamus now does in smash 3ds/wiiu.
A - a one 2 punch, similar to the first two hits of zero suit samus' A combo.
>tilt - the second part of snake's tilt, the hammer arm swing.
^tilt - i want to say uppercut, like snake, but with a mario style spin.
vtilt - from crouching, a side kick, in a similar fashion to zelda.
>smash - a roundhouse kick that propels her forward.
^smash - a strong, vertical split kick. her boots were made for kickin'.
vsmash - snake's RPG smash attack from vanilla brawl. skinned as an orange star missle launcher, just as strong and laggy as it once was.

air
nair - captain falcon scissor kick.
Fair - a mario/ganon type Fair. no spike.
Uair - a good old Mother series headbutt. vertical KO potential.
Bair - snake's.
Dair - a kick in the style of Ness's old spike Dair.

misc

grab - she grabs with two hands by the typical location of the neck of the collar.
pummel - knee to the gut.
Fthrow - steps forward, throws them forward with both hands in a lunge.
Bthrow - steps back and throws them in a similar manner.
Dthrow - throws at ground in front, bouncing the enemy for combo potential.
Uthrow - kicks enemy away in a similar fashion to link, more vertical trajectory.

ledge - a fast light uppercut
>100% ledge - slow sweeping kick.

fanfare - the advance wars series does have a "mission clear" song, but it's pretty long. i think the "CO power" jingle from the first advance wars game would be much more suitable.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
For all those voting for Ridley and Dixie, there are rumors floating around about day 1 dlc...Just fyi if you weren't already aware

Shin F.

Smash Master
True, i just wanted to throw it out there that the current roster isn't the *Final* one quite yet.
By that argument, they could be planning DLC over the next five years and we'll never have a Final roster. Best to not worry about what may or may not become DLC. Until we hear something official or something extremely convincing with a lot of evidence, rumors are just rumors and should be treated as such.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
By that argument, they could be planning DLC over the next five years and we'll never have a Final roster. Best to not worry about what may or may not become DLC. Until we hear something official or something extremely convincing with a lot of evidence, rumors are just rumors and should be treated as such.
Right i understand the protocol.
I just want to believe....

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm gonna change the name of this thread to make it a bit obvious for newbies, so that I don't have to keep locking threads about new characters.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Enough talk about how awesome I am, more talk about how Ninten is your waifu or whatever.

(Or somebody else.)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Enough talk about how awesome I am, more talk about how Ninten is your waifu or whatever.

(Or somebody else.)
Alakadoof used Attract!

It's super effective!

Shadic became everyone's Waifu!

(SrslythoShadicthrowusabone)

randomnerdchris

Smash Cadet
Ok, it's been awhile since I posted here but by my count I should still have two more full votes.
+1 for Takamura
The idea of a more offensive Link sounds awesome and after seeing this character as an assist trophy and playing his game I fell in love with the idea of him in Project M. Anyway that's all I've got.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
You seem like a pretty cool guy though Shadic, saw you at the last GC repping a classy PM t-shirt. I would've had my sweatshirt that day if it wasn't so damn hot... I also watched a couple of your matches, I especially made sure to check out the match against Big D.

Supposedly you have just as many opinions on additional characters as we do, at least that's what I hear from others in the area lol. Thanks for the name change again as well. There has been a lot more character request pages showing up recently, if the new title isn't obvious enough for them to realize where they're supposed to post about candidates then... I dread the thought of dealing with them once you send them our way lol.

Legtendga

Smash Rookie
Well, until then, my votes go to:
+1 Dixie : Likely the single most sensible pick of any there are. Comparatively easy to implement (or so it seems to me), and a very, very good addition to the roster.
+1 WALUIGI : Well, I think he's earned his spot by being pretty much everywhere but Smash. That, and the PSA is already a very strong base for him.
+1 Isaac : Well, yeah. Gotta get that Golden Sun rep, for crying out loud. The moveset's a bit shaky, but if it doesn't work out, oh well.
+1 Sukapon : Significant role in a genre first for Nintendo, and it seems like a generally fun character to play as. I'd love to see him in.
+1 Black Shadow & Ganon : Cpt. Falcondwarf is something that I'd love to see go, and more F-Zero is a great way to welcome that.

Otherwise:

+0.5 Ray MK III : This series is so dang good. The moveset and scaling is a bit of a hurdle, though, so no top 5 from me.
+0.5 Knuckles : Sonic with power and such. I like this, but the whole 3rd party thing holds him back.
+0.5 Tom Nook : Project M Villager sounds nice. :J
+0.5 Andy and Sami : Advanced wars rep pls. I'm not terribly partial to one over the other.
+0.5 Dark Samus : More Metroid with more ease that Ridley.
+0.5 Saki : Sin and Punishment is a very good series with 2 games now. Could also play MegaMan-ish role.

Anti votes go to:

-1 Masked Man : He certainly should just be a skin, and two Mother 3 Characters is a bit bonkers
-1 Lyn : Fire Emblem is a bit heavy as it is, and I'm not too keen on Smash For levels of saturation for the series.
-1 Hector : Same as Lyn, but more so for him.
-1 Ridley : He's not too big, it's just that he's too lanky to be small. That, and he'd (likely) eat up more dev time than I'd like to see used on an inevitably janky character. Very low decline priority for me, though.
-1 Shadow : I really just don't want him eating one of the slots. Not sure if anyone's even voted for him, but this is here just in case

Hm... I don't even know if there's a model still floating around for him, but I've got to bring him up;
Mike Jones from StarTropics would be a very good fit in the clone engine, by my approximation. Would y'all want that/is it within the bounds of the mission statement here?

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Well, until then, my votes go to:
+1 Dixie : Likely the single most sensible pick of any there are. Comparatively easy to implement (or so it seems to me), and a very, very good addition to the roster.
+1 WALUIGI : Well, I think he's earned his spot by being pretty much everywhere but Smash. That, and the PSA is already a very strong base for him.
+1 Isaac : Well, yeah. Gotta get that Golden Sun rep, for crying out loud. The moveset's a bit shaky, but if it doesn't work out, oh well.
+1 Sukapon : Significant role in a genre first for Nintendo, and it seems like a generally fun character to play as. I'd love to see him in.
+1 Black Shadow & Ganon : Cpt. Falcondwarf is something that I'd love to see go, and more F-Zero is a great way to welcome that.

Otherwise:

Ray MK III : This series is so dang good. The moveset and scaling is a bit of a hurdle, though, so no top 5 from me.
Knuckles : Sonic with power and such. I like this, but the whole 3rd party thing holds him back.
Tom Nook : Project M Villager sounds nice. :J
Andy or Sami : Advanced wars rep pls. I'm not terribly partial to one over the other.
Dark Samus : More Metroid with more ease that Ridley.

Anti votes go to:

-1 Clone Ninten : Well, he really could just be a Ness skin, but I'm not wholly opposed to it if he gets a fairly original moveset.
-1 Masked Man : He certainly should just be a skin, and two Mother 3 Characters is a bit bonkers
-1 Lyn : Fire Emblem is a bit heavy as it is, and I'm not too keen on Smash For levels of saturation for the series.
-1 Hector : Same as Lyn, but more so for him.
-1 Ridley : He's not too big, it's just that he's too lanky to be small. That, and he'd (likely) eat up more dev time than I'd like to see used on an inevitably janky character. Very low decline priority for me, though.
(Extra anti-vote)
-1 Shadow : I really just don't want him eating one of the slots. Not sure if anyone's even voted for him, but this is here just in case

Hm... I don't even know if there's a model still floating around for him, but I've got to bring him up;
Mike Jones from StarTropics would be a very good fit in the clone engine, by my approximation. Would y'all want that/is it within the bounds of the mission statement here?
Unfortunately, you can't vote for a character based on a moveset (Clone Ninten), only the character itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom