• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Not what I was laughing at, at all. :laugh:

It's just that we're talking about Project M, so bringing up Sakurai is a little beside the point.
:substitute:Actually, I only brought Sakurai up because he failed to add that layer of reward in Boss Battle / Subspace like he did with Adventure mode in Melee with Giga Bowser being a secret boss.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
To start off, I never dismissed the use of Hedgehog DNA. Splicing is just another process of genetically altering something.

Second, what I was referring to was a theory I accidentally mixed up with canonical information. I took my time trying to find the information and just realized I done goofed. But I do work heavily with canonical and theoretical information in this series for a lot of my own Sonic related work. The information just kind of blends overtime. Sorry about that Saito.

Though, the theory isn't really that far fetched. The theory was based loosely on the fact Gerald created Artificial Chaos, and therefore had some archaeological history with Angel Island. Angel Island contained the Hidden Palace and the Super Sonic Mural, which many believed he stumbled upon. This led to Shadow's Super Sonic like quill pattern, golden spindash trail, and rocket shoes to resemble flight. But yeah. Just theoretical ****. My apologies again.

I can agree with this. But they never state that they used a hedgehog or hedgehog DNA to compose him. At least not to my knowledge. I was always under the impression that he only appears to be a hedgehog since he was an artificially developed life form. But it can be implied that he is an artificially cloned hedgehog.

I had asked the same question, but the Biolizard's development took place before Gerald had contact with the Black Arms. Hence why it is a failed prototype on life support.

in regards to the third statement : Im curious how the biolizard managed to be able to use chaos control. But then again, sonic did it as well so it's not like it's limited only to doom and shadow.

In regards to the first statement : That's also a pretty interesting theory as well.

In regards to the second statement : Created as essentially opposite to Sonic despite being in actual existence before sonic. I would say that it is intended for him to be a hedgehog.

Something about Sonic universe just makes Hedgehogs OP

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Has anyone ever pitched the idea of a Tabuu fighter?
I don't usually shoot down ideas, but please no. Stay a boss. His ugly mug is just unbearable to anything but a boss. Even his minions are more creative than him in appearance. I would take all the current distasteful options before even considering him once for playable.

@ Saito Saito
As far as the hedgehog thing goes, I can agree with you completely. Although, Silver still can't do loops in 06.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Shadow isn't a clone of sonic.

Technically he isn't even a clone of Black doom.

Look through my post history though. Somewhere I posted a shadow moveset that you might be interested in.
I saw your moveset from page 293 of this thread. Great stuff, take mine and anywhere I put "same as sonic" input yours and we have something insane. We also had a lot of the same ideas, true Shadow fans FTW! :)

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I still think Alice takes priority over Tingle as BF's alt. Both of them can coexist as alts but Alice first because she's a protagonist that originated in his series.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I still think Alice takes priority over Tingle as BF's alt. Both of them can coexist as alts but Alice first because she's a protagonist that originated in his series.
Everything takes priority over Tingle. Even Barkle.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Leave Tingle alone people! he's just a 35 old man obsessed with fairies, who claims to be one! you don't know what kind of things happened to him to be that way.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Leave Tingle alone people! he's just a 35 old man obsessed with fairies, who claims to be one! you don't know what kind of things happened to him to be that way.
All I need to know is that he was trapped in a jail cell that had a hole to another room filled with skulls, and that he enslaved a couple of "relatives". There is nothing innocent about him.

Shin F.

Smash Master
All I need to know is that he was trapped in a jail cell that had a hole to another room filled with skulls, and that he enslaved a couple of "relatives". There is nothing innocent about him.
Yeah, we can't have someone like that around the kids. Imagine poor Lucas trying to deal with Tingle. Or Luigi, for that matter.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Okay, big one this time.
Sukapon has two head-tossing attacks: Tondekee, where she throws a duplicate of her head as a projectile; and Konnan Irahen, where she extends her head outward as a powerful attack and movement option. The visual similarity and mechanical disparity of these moves make for some interesting mixups, which Pro.M could further expand upon.
I've compared some basic example interactions below. Of course, they're matchup, execution, and spacing dependent, possibly even completely reversing effectiveness based on circumstances. It's maybe not really reasonable for all these to be possible as depicted, so just take it as an abstraction. Some of these also have some obvious answers (for either side) to flip the tables immediately after the final panel, but symmetry. Lastly, there are options that could counter both moves, such as Shine or low dashes, but whatever.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
In sort-of related news: Club Nintendo is offering both Balloon Fight and F-Zero X for only 200 coins each. Huehuehuehuehue

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Okay, big one this time.
Sukapon has two head-tossing attacks: Tondekee, where she throws a duplicate of her head as a projectile; and Konnan Irahen, where she extends her head outward as a powerful attack and movement option. The visual similarity and mechanical disparity of these moves make for some interesting mixups, which Pro.M could further expand upon.
I've compared some basic example interactions below. Of course, they're matchup, execution, and spacing dependent, possibly even completely reversing effectiveness based on circumstances. It's maybe not really reasonable for all these to be possible as depicted, so just take it as an abstraction. Some of these also have some obvious answers (for either side) to flip the tables immediately after the final panel, but symmetry. Lastly, there are options that could counter both moves, such as Shine or low dashes, but whatever.

Might as well just start animating, dude :p

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
The other underratees being Lip and Ray.
Most definitely. Props for all of the time, energy, and work you put into Ray's moveset, especially.
I'm not too familiar with Custom Robo myself, so it's pretty neat that you were able to do such a great job with that.

Lip would be great too. I wonder if she's got a shot of even being in SSB4. She seems like the kind of character that would be included just to shock people. Tetris Attack is a pretty legit game, actually.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't agree less, if BF was in PM, I'd much rather troll everyone by playing Tingle than some little girl, personally.

MLGF

Smash Lord
The 2.6 to Roy announcement was unnaturally short and spontaneous for the PMBR, so it could be a while.
I'm expecting something by the next major (non MLG) tournament, ala like Mewtwo, or earlier.

But the Big House is soooooo long from now.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
The 2.6 to Roy announcement was unnaturally short and spontaneous for the PMBR, so it could be a while.
I'm expecting something by the next major (non MLG) tournament, ala like Mewtwo, or earlier.

But the Big House is soooooo long from now.
:\ butbutbutbutbut.. We wanna know D:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
So what's currently happening with the thread now? I did a quick glance and I'm guessing there's still a lot of lobbying going on but I saw (or probably browsed too fast and concluded that) someone wants to reboot the voting with more characters?

MLGF

Smash Lord
No, we pretty much repeat the same ideas over and over.
Plus, it's been a little while (and the April Fools didn't help) since we got something feasible and we're hungry.

So it's pretty much a "REV IT UP BABY" topic.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
It may only be a matter of time before another new person shows up that hasn't really read the thread, saying one (or both) of these things:
A) "sooo am i really the only one who wants vaati/banjokazooie/something? for some reason no one else is talking about him."
B) "man i cant believe anyone wants pichu/ridley/(x) kong in this game. no one really wants that, right?"

That's the kind of stuff that seems to get discussions going now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom