• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
On a joking note: BIG BEAUTIFUL CANARIES EATING DONUTS AND BECOMING OBESE

On a side note: Why not make a skin for Sonic that is Shadow-esque. Think how Peach goes undercover as Daisy (that skin should be redone like how Melee did it, flowers everywhere haha). Couldn't that work? Because it's still technically Sonic.

Pauline Skin for Peach FTW
1) Eww no, would rather Sonic just have unique palate swaps.
2) Wrong thread for this sort of discussion.

This is called a Cosplay. And while they haven't flat out said it, I think PMBR would count it as a character alteration.
I don't think that would be a correct assumption. But it is a distasteful option. And again, wrong thread for this sort of discussion.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I was just curious, hence the "side question" haha. But anyways!!! My canary joke was top brass. I don't see why none of you were laughing, aside from the face that you were so in awe of the humor laughing evaded you whatsoever. =p

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Has anybody made a Balloon Fighter move set? I just now noticed Sol has a CSS logo for him, so I'm sure he was talked about.

Boy would that be a character out of left field. It would be like finding out about Ice Climbers in Melee all over again.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I was just curious, hence the "side question" haha. But anyways!!! My canary joke was top brass. I don't see why none of you were laughing, aside from the face that you were so in awe of the humor laughing evaded you whatsoever. =p
You want to talk about funny costumes?
Warning: Not for the faint of heart.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Has anybody made a Balloon Fighter move set? I just now noticed Sol has a CSS logo for him, so I'm sure he was talked about.

Boy would that be a character out of left field. It would be like finding out about Ice Climbers in Melee all over again.
Moveset: Down Air = Land on people, like a footstool, but a spike
and nothing

Haha really though, he could have a unique moveset that would probably draw from older NES games of that era. Like Neutral B could charge Balloons (up to 2), but you could have his aerials be from random NES games, like hitting someone with an 8-bit Seal from pinball. He could be like the Mr. G & W for NES games! Who knows, just an idea. Pinball for NES needs way more love

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
You want to talk about funny costumes?
Warning: Not for the faint of heart.

Moveset: Down Air = Land on people, like a footstool, but a spike
and nothing

Haha really though, he could have a unique moveset that would probably draw from older NES games of that era. Like Neutral B could charge Balloons (up to 2), but you could have his aerials be from random NES games, like hitting someone with an 8-bit Seal from pinball. He could be like the Mr. G & W for NES games! Who knows, just an idea. Pinball for NES needs way more love
Thats actually a pretty sick idea. If you're ever bored, it sounds to me like you just got a good start on a bada*ss moveset.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
While I hate to be the one to say this, we should probably get back on topic.

Anybody got any fresh and exciting ideas?
I tried to bring up Balloon Fighter, as I feel I've wronged the thread by now having caused two major tangents. But TimeSmash is the only fish in these salty waters whose taking the bait. ;-;

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
While I hate to be the one to say this, we should probably get back on topic.

Anybody got any fresh and exciting ideas?
I tried to bring up Balloon Fighter, as I feel I've wronged the thread by now having caused two major tangents. But TimeSmash is the only fish in these salty waters whose taking the bait. ;-;
Am I the only one who thinks it would be neat if Project M would support at least one character based on a meme? It would be amazing. Alakadoof, Wadoka Wario, Sakurai's Cat, I don't care who.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
See? See? I'm trying to be relevant in a sea of hilarity!

Seriously, wouldn't that be a good idea? Talk about originality! Games he could take inspiration of (off the top of my head, without particular noticing to lawsuits):

Duck Hunt (DUH)
Pinball
Wario's Woods
Clu Clu Land
That game where you are a little ship on a 2-d horizontal plane and fly around
Super Mario Bros. 1-3 (maybe)

I'm trying to think of original Nintendo titles that don't really fit into a particular mold. Wario's Woods is just so off kilter that it could work. I'd stray from Super Mario Bros. 1-3 unless it was something like, super abstract. Like Using Phanto (SMB2) as a projectile or something

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Am I the only one who thinks Project M should support at least one character based on a meme? It would be amazing. Alakadoof, Wadoka Wario, Sakurai's Cat, I don't care who.
ALAKADOOF. Why should we stop at one? I would pay money to see Suckurai's kitty and Alakadoof duke it out on Final Destination.
What if Salt was a character. Just think about it.

Man, I lost my tourney set.

Aw, that sucks, just not your day?

Well, he used salt.

You can't blame yourself man, Na is a b*tch.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
ALAKADOOF. Why should we stop at one? I would pay money to see Suckurai's kitty and Alakadoof duke it out on Final Destination.

Well, he used salt.

Special attack: Gather K+ ions to shoot out at your enemy via the sodium-potassium pump! Bio major for the win!

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Well, he used salt.

One joke is enough. Two jokes is in bad taste. Three jokes, just go home.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Balloon Fighter had an awesome moveset idea written out for him. The idea was that he would be able to change his weight, fall speed, and number of jumps by controlling how many balloons he has. The more balloons, the more floaty he is and the more jumps he has. The less, the faster he falls and the fewer jumps he has. So, he can sacrifice recovery for combo potential and vice versa. His B attack would be Balloon Blow, and he would gain a balloon with it. His down B would be Balloon Pop, where he would use the Balloon Fight Enemy's mask to pop one. His side b would be a spinning attack akin to ROB's vBrawl side b, but hitting with his balloons instead of arms. The more balloons he has, the more damage it does.

Yeah, he's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
That sounds so awesome but what also sounds awesome is my 700th post!

Seriously, he has a lot of potential now that it's being discussed. He's been around for forever, too

Shin F.

Smash Master
That sounds so awesome but what also sounds awesome is my 700th post!

Seriously, he has a lot of potential now that it's being discussed. He's been around for forever, too
Balloon Fighter was one of the most dynamic and unique ideas brought up in this thread. Sadly, it was after a lot of the people left it, otherwise I'm sure he would have had much more support.
Stole a joke used against you for use against another person in the same thread, -10 points.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I swear to Freddy Leitner, over on IGN someone was saying that Mrs. Game & Watch is a must have clone engine character. If I see even one post referencing her, prepare for salt.

imageedit_1_7748701225.jpg

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Well, he used salt.

I swear to Freddy Leitner, over on IGN someone was saying that Mrs. Game & Watch is a must have clone engine character. If I see even one post referencing her, prepare for salt.

One joke is enough. Two jokes is in bad taste. Three jokes, just go home.
And now you can go home.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
For BF's UpB, he could charge up a super jump that arcs. He gets in the signature Balloon Fighter pose and flies in his arc. Distance depends on Balloons. If you hit somebody around your feet area, you stop and give 'em Falcon Punch knockback. You don't revover the move if you hit somebody, but you get a jump back.
It's hard to think of legit moves sometimes, but we have to remember the Diffusion Beam. Sakurai'ing exists for this purpose.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

As weird as it may be, a Mrs. Game & Watch could maybe work as an alt costume. Mr. Game & Watch isn't actually a single character, he's a big cluster of a lot of other Game & Watch games. He simply takes the appearance of the citizens you help in Fire!, one of the more fun Game & Watches. It'd be like how Wii Fit Trainer can have a male version in SSB4.

But that won't happen because at the end of a match the announcer will go "And the winner is: Mr. Game & Watch." So don't hold your breath, you're in the clear. That IGN guy's wish will never come true.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
As weird as it may be, a Mrs. Game & Watch could maybe work as an alt costume. Mr. Game & Watch isn't actually a single character, he's a big cluster of a lot of other Game & Watch games. He simply takes the appearance of the citizens you help in Fire!, one of the more fun Game & Watches. It'd be like how Wii Fit Trainer can have a male version in SSB4.

But not even that'll happen because at the end of a match the announcer will go "And the winner is: Mr. Game & Watch." So don't hold your breath, you're in the clear. That IGN guy's wish will never come true.
Also, Mr. Game & Watch is the only character who shares the same model for every costume. Only his material colors are changed, but the same model is loaded for every costume.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
For BF's UpB, he could charge up a super jump that arcs. He gets in the signature Balloon Fighter pose and flies in his arc. Distance depends on Balloons. If you hit somebody around your feet area, you stop and give 'em Falcon Punch knockback. You don't revover the move if you hit somebody, but you get a jump back.
It's hard to think of legit moves sometimes, but we have to remember the Diffusion Beam. Sakurai'ing exists for this purpose.
Don't forget Tingle was a Balloon Fighter. By default you can start yanking moves from his potential move pool as well. Because **** Tingle. I'd rather have Balloon Fighter.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget Tingle was a Balloon Fighter. By default you can start yanking moves from his potential move pool as well. Because **** Tingle. I'd rather have Balloon Fighter.
Balloon Fighter's alt costumes could be pallet swaps based on other games of the NES era, like NES Mario and Luigi.

And for his special alternative costume, he could have a Tingle costume ...

We'd get a character from an unrepped classic series, an NES era character, a highly unexpected character, and a troll character all in one!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Actually I'd like Tingle in Smash

because we'd finally be given the opportunity to beat the sh*t out of him :troll:

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'd like Tingle in Smash

because we'd finally be given the opportunity to beat the sh*t out of him :troll:
That's why I said make Tingle Balloon Fighter's alt costume, since Tingle is technically a Balloon Fighter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom