• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Sounds neat, even if it probably won't be as good as Project M. I'll try looking for it later.

So, uh, yeah, Pichu or bust if you want another Pokémon, at least in Project M.

Man.

I wish the PMBR would announce something big already. I know, it's only been four months but I can't help but want something huge Ridley confirmed to happen.
If they do add another character its going to be a major announcement! There's always the chance they will decide not to add another character, or even if they do, they won't announce it for awhile.

I think for the moment a more realistic expectation would be to see them announce more alt costumes and maybe a new stage or two (come on Grunty's Castle or the Robot Museum from Mega Man 7!)

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
I think there actually is a project where the goal is to make every playable character in Brawl a Pokemon. Can't remember what it's called, but I remember seeing it on Kitty Corp.
If that ever becomes a real game, I'll main Smeargle in a heartbeat. Not sure whose spot he'd fill though.

B: Spikes
^B: U-turn
>B: Spore
vB: Sticky Web

/crappymoveset

heroscott

Smash Rookie
Dude, 3 people have already given you the voting results.
What else could you possibly be asking for?
So instead of reposting the results to make them more current... or even attempting to link you've decided to put your effort into stating that they've already been given? Well I havent seen them and I log on frequently so..let's see the results please.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
So instead of reposting the results to make them more current... or even attempting to link you've decided to put your effort into stating that they've already been given? Well I havent seen them and I log on frequently so..let's see the results please.
The OP.
Page 1.
The Start.
The Beginning.
The Point of Origin.
The Birth of the Thread.
The Dawn of Time.
The Conception of Clone Engine Speculation.
The Introductory Statement.
The Kickoff.
The Preamble.
The Source of All Votes.
The Genisis of Stupid Suggestions and Half-Assed Movesets.

It doesn't take a genius.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
We posted them for you like 2 or 3 times when you asked for them before. They're also in the OP.

Last edited:

Spooky Skook

Smash Cadet
So now that the polls are closed, when do you think the PMBR are going to start creating a new character? (If they even decide to)
I figured they wouldn't start because not all of the Smash 4 roster is revealed yet right? I'd hate for them to have to drop everything half way through because the character they were working on got announced.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
So now that the polls are closed, when do you think the PMBR are going to start creating a new character? (If they even decide to)
I figured they wouldn't start because not all of the Smash 4 roster is revealed yet right? I'd hate for them to have to drop everything half way through because the character they were working on got announced.
PMBR said that if they start a character before they're announced, they're not going to stop working on them.

MFW, how many times do we have to say this?

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
PMBR said that if they start a character before they're announced, they're not going to stop working on them.

MFW, how many times do we have to say this?
Want a source on that.

I'm REALLY sure they said if they put a character into the public build before they are announced, they won't remove him.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I was under the impression that any Smash 4 characters won't be "backported" to Project M, regardless of whether or not they've already begun work on them.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Want a source on that.

I'm REALLY sure they said if they put a character into the public build before they are announced, they won't remove him.
Pretty sure it was somewhere in the thread that a PMBR member said that, but it might have been somewhere else. Either way, I'm positive that I'm not the only one who remembers them saying that, because Solbliminal seems to remember it as well. I think we were debating it and one of them clarified. I don't particularly feel like digging around for it.

Edit: Okay, so I did some digging anyway. Turns out, though I haven't found the original source yet, you also remembered that they said this at one point, and ChronoBound has mentioned it as well when he was around.
Gonna have to comment on a few things.

1. Acceptable

2. The PMBR already stated that to stay in nintendo's good graces that they will not attempt to backport any characters. BUT they also said that if the character makes it in before that, then they will keep them, regardless if Nintendo includes them. All of the characters listed here are not also likely to make it into Smash4 but do have the potential to be in a smash brothers game.

3. This is NOT Project Melee as much as people want to believe that it is. It's Project M, and the M does not stand for Melee, but that is the first conclusion that most people come to.

Your points are accurate though and you will be receiving a like for it.
I was under the impression that any Smash 4 characters won't be "backported" to Project M, regardless of whether or not they've already begun work on them.
It may or may not have been the public build. I was sure that they said that if they announce a character before SSB4, then they won't remove them.

Last edited:

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
I think the debate is what point a character is considered "safe" - whether it's once they are actually in Project M, or if it is once the PMBR has started work on the character, no matter how far along the work is.

I was pretty sure it was the former.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
So, back on talking about characters, what would Krystal be about? Obviously she seems a lot different than Fox, Falco, and Wolf, so what kinds of moves would she know? Anyone a Starfox fan who has a Krystal moveset? I mean regardless of how different she is, I doubt we'd want a 4th Fox clone for sure, besides she does seem a lot more athletic. Plus hey, another female character!

Also for default costume, would people prefer spacesuit Krystal:

Or tribal Krystal?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Krystal is one of the most hated characters
In fact she is my personal most hated character
But, if they were to add her, I'd want her to be a spacie
And FYI, Wolf isn't a Fox clone, however he is a spacie

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
It's possible to create new VFX,s?
IIRC. they made a "Light effect" for Pit's arrows, and sweetspotted TLink dtilt, so i think it wouldn't be hard to make some Phazon effect for dark Samus.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's possible to create new VFX,s?
IIRC. they made a "Light effect" for Pit's arrows, and sweetspotted TLink dtilt, so i think it wouldn't be hard to make some Phazon effect for dark Samus.
Didn't they replace one of the other effects with it? I think the freezing effect is gone now, right?

In any case, I think Aura looks sufficiently like Phazon to the the job.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Krystal is one of the most hated characters
In fact she is my personal most hated character
But, if they were to add her, I'd want her to be a spacie
And FYI, Wolf isn't a Fox clone, however he is a spacie
Why the Krystal hate?

Personally I think she could be an interesting addition, yet another female character which is always good, plus looking into her bio, she seems like she could possibly be a weird combination of some of Starfox's moves, Mewtwo's psychic abilities, and Zero Suit's physicality.

Like for instance, once of special abilities is a double barrier sphere, maybe instead of a standard Reflector, she can have two mini-reflectors that she activates on DSpecial, that surround her, orbiting her to block some projectiles and do damage on contact. Only instead of being stuck in one location, she would be somewhat mobile with the orbiting reflectors, only while active they could inhibit the use of some of her other specials, or maybe it would only be activated for a short time, leading into potential combos?

Last edited:

heroscott

Smash Rookie
We posted them for you like 2 or 3 times when you asked for them before. They're also in the OP.
What is OP exactly? Isnt there a link? It would seem simple if I am asking on the boards for help that I would need direction. Mind you I am overseas with very limited connection I just want to see the results which I havent seen regardless if you have posted 2 or 3 times...there are 296 pages to sift through. Where is the last post so I can move on?

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
What is OP exactly? Isnt there a link? It would seem simple if I am asking on the boards for help that I would need direction. Mind you I am overseas with very limited connection I just want to see the results which I havent seen regardless if you have posted 2 or 3 times...there are 296 pages to sift through. Where is the last post so I can move on?
The OP (original poster) is referring to the very first post in the thread. That has been updated at certain points for votes, but since the recent poll, there will be no more votes officially counted by Anti Guy.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Didn't they replace one of the other effects with it? I think the freezing effect is gone now, right?

In any case, I think Aura looks sufficiently like Phazon to the the job.
I don't think they did, otherwise Giga Bowser's down smash wouldn't do that. You mean the "getting encased in an iceberg and spinning around" effect, or something else?

From what I can see they DID add the light effect. Unless I'm missing something.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't think they did, otherwise Giga Bowser's down smash wouldn't do that. You mean the "getting encased in an iceberg and spinning around" effect, or something else?

From what I can see they DID add the light effect. Unless I'm missing something.
Oh, I forgot Giga Bowser's FS still did that... Yeah, I meant the getting encased in ice. Hmm. Maybe they did add it, then.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

So it could be possible to add the phazon effect, but still, phazon or aura, either way would be just fine.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Krystal would only suffice as a staff user.
I have enough drive to make her a moveset, but I'll pass on that unless people really want me to.

No need for there to be a 4th space animal type character. (Sorry slippy)

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I have enough drive to make her a moveset, but I'll pass on that unless people really want me to.

Yeah! Make a moveset! And although its a 4th space animal, it is another female which Smash could certainly use!

heroscott

Smash Rookie

Yes please! I envision her using a mix of
A) Staff: could have elemental type values
B) Star Fox staple moves: deflector, ray gun, maybe even a bomb?
C) Prince Tricky: Either as a Final Smash or a down B summon--- (The little Dino would move around similar to Bublasaur as a reference)

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Yes please! I envision her using a mix of
A) Staff: could have elemental type values
B) Star Fox staple moves: deflector, ray gun, maybe even a bomb?
C) Prince Tricky: Either as a Final Smash or a down B summon--- (The little Dino would move around similar to Bublasaur as a reference)
Well Krystal is a telepath, so there could also be some psychic moves in there as well.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I can definitely see the staff attacks from adventures working, like a chargeable ground pound, or shooting fire. I can see the potential in Krystal, and I wouldn't mind trying her out in smash bros if she had moves based on Star Fox Adventures. That game is kinda a guilty pleasure, and I need to play that again.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I know Star Fox Adventures isn't that good of a game, but I still liked the attacks you could do with the staff. If Krystal got in (she probably won't) she should use the staff primarily, as it was literally the best part of Adventures.

And I agree Saito, we don't need another variation on Fox's moveset, so she could be her own thing theoretically (again, Krystal will most likely not make it into Project M).

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea for Krystal, all of her moves are, in fact, based on the Staff Moves, such as the Fire Technique making a long range fireball, the Ice Technique perhaps making an ice version of Bowser's Fire Breath, the Rocket Boost as the obvious Up Special, the Forcefield making an impenetrable shield that won't reflect, but will act as a solid obstacle against attacks, all pretty powerful moves, however they share a single energy bar, basically the more Krystal uses her attacks in tandem the weaker they get, sorta like a universal Bowser Firebreath or Charizard Flamethrower meter that is shared between Krystal's specials. This way Project M could give Krystal some wicked powerful attacks, but have a major drawback in that over-reliance on them causes them to become very weak and stunted, like suddenly Quake's shockwave would be quite underwhelming, or Rocket Boost barely lifts Krystal off the ground.

Anyone know if such an idea would be feasible? Also, if anyone likes the idea in general?

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Guys, I think i found out why Waluigi wasn't put into Project M sooner.

Look at this matchup chart from the beta tests.
:troll:

As for Krystal, i don't know exactly why she gets hate, but I do know that a lot of hate exists. Not a huge fan of the character, but i am a huge fan of the moveset. I don't mind it.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Haven't been here in a loooong time. Wow. How's everyone going?

Did that one leak for Project M turn out to be false, then? I know I heard something about that, but I never found out for sure.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't remember that.
Then again, I am relatively new here so that could just be something I haven't seen yet.
alo81: "What are your guys thoughts on adding non-Nintendo characters? Is it just something you wouldn't even consider, or is it an option on the table (though I'd imagine a fairly tough one.)"

warchamp7: "Not even entertaining the idea, we're doing our best to stay in Nintendo's good graces as much as possible"

In the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom