• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Why do I even try with this thread
I gave up when it shifted from "Discussion about characters that are most likely or most wanted to be in P:M" to "Theoretically, what characters could make it in because they're eligible but have no chance regardless" and "Let's make movesets for everyone even though they will have no purpose and the PMBR doesn't care" (and you know how I feel about movesets. Pointless mental masturbation unless you're really trying to paint a better picture of a character that people are iffy about they would play)

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I gave up when it shifted from "Discussion about characters that are most likely or most wanted to be in P:M" to "Theoretically, what characters could make it in because they're eligible but have no chance regardless" and "Let's make movesets for everyone even though they will have no purpose and the PMBR doesn't care" (and you know how I feel about movesets. Pointless mental masturbation unless you're really trying to paint a better picture of a character that people are iffy about they would play)
You do realize that, technically, this entire thread is mental masturbation right? This is not an official Project M "Winner of the Poll for sure gets into 4.0", this is just a bunch of Project M fans having fun discussing characters they'd like to see in the next update, and discussing movesets as to what direction they may go in, will Isaac be a Psyenergy mage or a swrodmaster? Will Shadow be a fragile speedster or a magical combo master?

Not sure why you're going all elitist on the thread and telling us what we should or shouldn't be posting here. Also, for the record, just because a character didn't get many votes here, doesn't mean he has no chance of making it to PM, again the poll on this thread is bunk and mental masturbation in its own right. The Project M team may look at it, but by no means does it mean that Isaac is 100% getting in because he got so many votes, or a second Sonic character 100% isn't getting in because they all scored so low.

Stop taking things so seriously and just have fun.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
To be quite honest, you guys have already spent 2-3 pages arguing about stupid crap like "too many swords". Now you want to bring up Ridley's size??? And to think this all stemmed from an extremely opinionated and crude insult towards JRPGs.

If your goal was to completely derail this thread Bleck (which I think I've seen you try to do in the past), then by all means you've succeeded. I feel a little sorry for Saito with him posting his Shadow moveset within that mess.

I will admit that we've hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of bringing up potential new characters, but this "mental masturbation" with creating movesets is not only satisfying to the writer but a lot of us find them interesting and enjoy envisioning what the author was trying to portray within their moveset. It can help gather support for an otherwise unlikely candidate and I'd even go as far to say that if the character did end up being implemented, the PMBR might find something they like within one of them.

I'd say Skull Kid, Isaac, Lyn and even Pichu are the characters who've had some of the strongest movesets posted so far. Most of them are posted with the limitations the PMBR are succeptable to in mind and are still unique, interesting, and could be a lot of fun. I haven't had a chance to really go over Shadow or Dark Samus's since they were posted due to my work schedule, but I'm sure they are just as well fleshed out.

All I'm saying is, even though I know you personally think it's pointless for us to come up with these movesets since none of them will be fully implemented, they are still food for discussion within this thread. And anything to help keep this pointless and toxic trash talk to a minimum is a-ok in my book.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Skull Kid, Isaac, Lyn and even Pichu are the characters who've had some of the strongest movesets posted so far. Most of them are posted with the limitations the PMBR are succeptable to in mind and are still unique, interesting, and could be a lot of fun. I haven't had a chance to really go over Shadow or Dark Samus's since they were posted due to my work schedule, but I'm sure they are just as well fleshed out.
Yay, someone liked my Isaac moveset it seems (unless he was talking about someone else's of course, heh!)

Ridley obviously would have to be scaled down to around Charizard's size, or thereabouts. Sure he'd probably be the biggest Smash Character as far as height, but rescaling him perfectly doable.

The thing is, a lot of characters in Smash are fit to scale, look at Pikachu, who is only supposed to be 1'04 tall, quite obviously the electric rodent has been scaled up several times so that he's not barely coming up to Ganondorf or Samus's knee. Heck, even in the anime just look at how he compares with Charizard:

So size is seriously not an issue.

That having been said, has anyone posted a good Ridley moveset? (Shin, I'm looking at you!)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
For me, I'd say the ideal height for Ridley would be a head and a half taller than Samus. It's not too big and it reaffirms that he's imposingly taller than our heroine.

And I really like the size Darkmask came up with, too--just a bit bigger than Charizard.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Please don't, it's unsettling :p

I'm not a Ridley fan. I only defend him because he's the most well-known Metroid villain, so I really don't care enough about him to make a moveset. I'd much rather have Dark Samus, personally.
Then I will get my moon to stare at you instead!

That's a shame though, you do some of the best movesets and I think it would have interesting to see you tackle Ridley, but not if you're not really a fan of him. Still, regardless, I do think Metroid needs another rep, and since the games are really not that popular in Japan, I think Project M may be the only chance we really have for it.

(Now watch the next Sm4sh announcement be Dark Samus or Ridley or something ...)

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm much rather have Ridley than Dark Samus, but I also think that Sakurai stating that, and I quote, "***** too big" is probably a reasonable assessment.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Bleck be trolling, if that wasn't already clear.

As a side note in case anyone here was still under the impression that Sakurai had said that Ridley is too big here's a fun and informative quote from him, "I think that would probably be impossible. [laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right? [laughs]"

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Is the Dog from Duck Hunt eligible?

Imagine the salt that would flow from the rivers of everyone's tears if he was and he used the next clone slot :troll:

Edit:

Actually, I imagine everyone would actually cheer for his inclusion

because they can finally beat the crap out of him. Isn't that every gamer's fantasy???

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
All of his attacks, taunts, winning poses, losing poses, and entry animation would be him laughing at you.
You wouldn't be able to escape.
Which would make beating the sh*t out of him all the more almost sexually satisfying.

You'd been holding in this desire for years, everyone, never having an opportunity to act on it.

NOW WE HAVE A CHANCE

WE'LL SHOW THAT F*CKER

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?!?!?

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Who/what is Tamagon?
The main character of an early maze game (e.g. Pac-Man clone) that Miyamoto designed called Devil World. It was only released in Japan, though it's been rereleased on the eShop overseas to Europe.

Here's his Melee trophy (in PAL releases)

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I know for sure that the Devil is since he has an assist trophy, but I forgot about Tamagon himself.
Yeah, wasn't he a trophy that was removed from the game before its release? Kinda makes him a grey area ...

Although I don't really think there's much of a demand for him anyway.

EDIT: I have been ninja'd

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Any Pokemon other than Pichu that may be included? I'd like Zoroark, since it would be an interesting way to finish out the Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark trio, but sadly Brawl includes no references to the dark fox since he was introduced later I believe than the game's original release.

I know I've seen people ask for Hitmonchan in the past, which admittedly would lead into a pretty awesome character focused on punched and fighting moves differently than Lucario currently is, and could fill in the hand-to-hand boxer that Lil mac is now filling in SM4SH, although I doubt he's anywhere popular enough to make it in.

There is Darkrai, he's more popular than Hitmonchan or Zoroark, and he is in Brawl as a trophy, so he fits that criteria

He could make for an interesting addition, plus his Final Smash could be Dark Void, an evil version of Peach's final smash that have the effect of Sleep and Lipstick at the same time.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Any Pokemon other than Pichu that may be included? I'd like Zoroark, since it would be an interesting way to finish out the Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark trio, but sadly Brawl includes no references to the dark fox since he was introduced later I believe than the game's original release.

I know I've seen people ask for Hitmonchan in the past, which admittedly would lead into a pretty awesome character focused on punched and fighting moves differently than Lucario currently is, and could fill in the hand-to-hand boxer that Lil mac is now filling in SM4SH, although I doubt he's anywhere popular enough to make it in.

There is Darkrai, he's more popular than Hitmonchan or Zoroark, and he is in Brawl as a trophy, so he fits that criteria

He could make for an interesting addition, plus his Final Smash could be Dark Void, an evil version of Peach's final smash that have the effect of Sleep and Lipstick at the same time.
As much as I like Darkrai, the only Pokémon rep we should really look forward to is Pichu. Everyone has a very different opinion of what Pokémon should be in the game. Some want Pidgeot, others Kangaskan, some Cubone, some Ampharos, freaking whatever. Pokémon is a gold mine of fun and interesting characters, but Pokémon already has 7 characters in the game--that's only one short of Mario if you count the spinoffs.

People are heavily opposed to Pokémon getting another character, especially one of five remaining, EVEN MORE ESPECIALLY since Mewtwo already used a slot.

We all agree that, if Pokémon gets another character AT ALL, it should be Pichu, purely because he's the only cut Melee character (Dr. Mario is now a costume for Mario, Toon Link is pretty much Young Link but better).

I wish somebody made a Smash fangame with only Pokémon in it, at least. Then we could have anyone we wanted without fears of representation or eating up resources. If that fangame was real I'd main Darkrai in a heartbeat.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I wish somebody made a Smash fangame with only Pokémon in it, at least. Then we could have anyone we wanted without fears of representation or eating up resources. If that fangame was real I'd main Darkrai in a heartbeat.
I think there actually is a project where the goal is to make every playable character in Brawl a Pokemon. Can't remember what it's called, but I remember seeing it on Kitty Corp.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
As much as I like Darkrai, the only Pokémon rep we should really look forward to is Pichu. Everyone has a very different opinion of what Pokémon should be in the game. Some want Pidgeot, others Kangaskan, some Cubone, some Ampharos, freaking whatever. Pokémon is a gold mine of fun and interesting characters, but Pokémon already has 7 characters in the game--that's only one short of Mario if you count the spinoffs.

People are heavily opposed to Pokémon getting another character, especially one of five remaining, EVEN MORE ESPECIALLY since Mewtwo already used a slot.

We all agree that, if Pokémon gets another character AT ALL, it should be Pichu, purely because he's the only cut Melee character (Dr. Mario is now a costume for Mario, Toon Link is pretty much Young Link but better).

It's a shame, but you're probably right. I was just thinking that Darkrai's NSpecial would be Nightmare as well, a short-range affliction that puts an opponent to sleep and causes them damage over time, that can be button mashed cancelled for the opponent.

Yeah, Pichu would realistically be the only addition that would be really expected, and even then, with only 5 slots remaining and the amount of manpower required to include him (since he doesn't seem all that popular with the Project M crew) we may not not even get him.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think there actually is a project where the goal is to make every playable character in Brawl a Pokemon. Can't remember what it's called, but I remember seeing it on Kitty Corp.
Sounds neat, even if it probably won't be as good as Project M. I'll try looking for it later.

So, uh, yeah, Pichu or bust if you want another Pokémon, at least in Project M.

Man.

I wish the PMBR would announce something big already. I know, it's only been four months but I can't help but want something huge Ridley confirmed to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom