• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazkip

Smash Master
One final word to everyone who says "not another sword user."

Thanks to you guys, in my fighting game every single character has a sword.

I think I may be a little petulant.
Make one of your characters be just a sword.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Confirmed for the new poke fighter

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
@ Anti Guy Anti Guy

Since voting is over now, shouldn't the thread title and OP be updated to reflect that?

Don't wanna sound pushy, it's just something I noticed.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
He doesn't need to just yet. We have a couple people interested in continuing to tally the votes. I'm planning on trying to contact those who were interested soon and see what we can do.

Malion

Smash Ace
Shame That telda/tetra never made it very high and slippy never got on the board!

All my votes were for naught. Lol

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
One final word to everyone who says "not another sword user."

Thanks to you guys, in my fighting game every single character has a sword.

I think I may be a little petulant.
We Last Blade/Samurai Showdown/(early) Soul Calibur now. :p

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
This is the one thread I like to check daily, I hope some one picks up where anti guy left off, unique characters are really nice to see suggested in this thread

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
This is the one thread I like to check daily, I hope some one picks up where anti guy left off, unique characters are really nice to see suggested in this thread
Honestly, if you want to talk about unique characters, it makes more sense to do that in the SSB4 forums. They're about just as unlikely.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
its kinda nice that they haven't announced any more characters, but at the same time i still want them to use all 5 character slots

D

Deleted member

I'm quite curious why Porky fighting with a bag of cash wasn't considered in any polls. Is Claus more popular than Porky? I mean Claus is another sword user after all, I think a cash bag for his smash attacks, and using toys for his specials would be cooler and more innovative cast wise. Also isn't Porky the mastermind behind Claus being the masked man anyways?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Is Claus more popular than Porky?
Yes. And the fact Porky would have to sport a completely unique move set makes him an even less desirable choice (This is because of the fact we are seeking characters who have better cloning possibilities than others. Claus is not only more popular, but more clone-able than Porky).

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Masked Man is much more popular, and even Ninten and Jeff had more support than Porky did. He doesn't really do much fighting outside his mech. When he was in fights in the game, he just whines and hides behind Ness.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
His mech from Earthbound would be a feasible size, but even as an Earthbound fan, I quite simply don't want Porky. I'd rather not have a new Earthbound character than to have him.
I can only see Ninten or the Masked Man as future Mother candidates for Project M. Porky should only fight in a complicated mech like in EarthBound or Mother 3 (like Tron Bonne does in MvC), which is WAY too complicated. I wouldn't want to wish that big of a workload on the PMBR.

Even for SSB4 he's a stretch.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I can only see Ninten or the Masked Man as future Mother candidates for Project M. Porky should only fight in a complicated mech like in EarthBound or Mother 3 (like Tron Bonne does in MvC), which is WAY too complicated. I wouldn't want to wish that big of a workload on the PMBR.

Even for SSB4 he's a stretch.
Speaking of MvC.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
MvC3?
You mean Zero May Cry?
Yeah, it's pretty cool.
I think you are mistaken.

MvC3 was Wesker the Battery and his Waifu Dark Phoenix Yolo Chip Damage, staring Wolverine, Akuma, Sentinel.

UMvC3 was Break the game harder than the last guy, see you at EVO.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I think you are mistaken.

MvC3 was Wesker the Battery and his Waifu Dark Phoenix Yolo Chip Damage, staring Wolverine, Akuma, Sentinel.

UMvC3 was Break the game harder than the last guy, see you at EVO.
All you guys don't know what you are talking about. It is all about YOLO Phoenix Wright on point!

On a side note I am almost done with my rough draft on my personal Waluigi move set. I just can't think of a few moves.

Please share your opinions on this, I want to make this as perfect as possible, perhaps help me fill in a few holes.

EDIT: THIS FOR PM! YES!!!

I just found this in case it is old, but you have to admit, he has trained even harder after Sakurai's rejection.
:troll:

Last edited:

heroscott

Smash Rookie
All you guys don't know what you are talking about. It is all about YOLO Phoenix Wright on point!

On a side note I am almost done with my rough draft on my personal Waluigi move set. I just can't think of a few moves.

Please share your opinions on this, I want to make this as perfect as possible, perhaps help me fill in a few holes.

EDIT: THIS FOR PM! YES!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGt9iksbks

I just found this in case it is old, but you have to admit, he has trained even harder after Sakurai's rejection.
:troll:

What if you incorporate a handstand "L" type of Kick?
Maybe he should have a down move similar to peach..where he can find Soccer ball, Baseball, Tennis ball? or a rare poison mushroom?

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
What if you incorporate a handstand "L" type of Kick?
Maybe he should have a down move similar to peach..where he can find Soccer ball, Baseball, Tennis ball? or a rare poison mushroom?
I will have to try to model that kick idea later to see how it looks, however if it is any consolation, for the final hit of his up B, I plan on having this as his pose.

As for the down B, I don't think that is possible with current brawl modding without modding the items in Brawl itself. Then again I don't know how to mod...

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Oh please. Yolo Wright Turnabout is so overrated its unreal. If you've ever seen Chris G.'s Morrigan, you would know the true meaning of Yolo.

Break the game harder than the last guy, see you at EVO.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Oh please. Yolo Wright Turnabout is so overrated its unreal. If you've ever seen Chris G.'s Morrigan, you would know the true meaning of Yolo.

You can almost pinpoint the moment Yipes' heart started to break from that set.

Alas, the voting is done? Oh well. I got in 35votes so I'm satisfied. Though my five choices if left open still would have been the same 3rom before( Waluigi, Lyn, and Pichu) along with Ray and the Pokemon Trainer.Dark Samus,Lip, Ashley and Scizor would have been my halves.

Also I had a general move set idea for PT I should share-if I can find the bloody paper it was on.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I have a question. Are there 7 clone slots, 2 of which are occupied, or 5 total?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom