• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Actually

I would like a clone Yoshi that uses the transformations from Yoshi's island to fight. Maybe with a focus on throwing eggs too, just cause I ain't ever seen Yoshi slap Shy Guys around with his extendo tail

Edit:
No seriously, like what if Yoshi just had the helicopter as upB instead egg throw imagine the brokeness

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm noticing a lack of mah boi Toad here.

Just thought I'd let you know that Toad is a straight up motherf*cking badass.

Oh, don't believe, me? Too generic a character you say?

Those are the thoughts of the ignorant.

Let me show you guys a video I found. I want you to pay close attention to 4:38:

And there Toad comes face to face with all of our eventual destiny: Death.

Well technically his name is Seizer, but just, like, go along with this okay? :p

But, see, Toad don't care. Toad don't give a sh*t. Toad just takes what he wants, and what he wants is the demise of Death itself.

That's right.

Toad wanted to take Death's...LIFE, if you will. Because Toad knew he could get it.

Here's the thing though, Toad wouldn't be satisfied just killing Death, no sir.

Instead he decided to BLOW HIM THE F*CK UP. Which he then proceeds to do, like it ain't even nothing.

He looked at his eventual fate in the eye and simply said, "You look like you need a taste of your own medicine. Well, Imma shove it your ass like a goddamn SUPPOSITORY, b*tch!"

F*ck Bowser, Wart, and Wario. Toad conquered Death himself--Genghis Khan style.

No arguments, no opposition, Toad is the most badass of ALL Memetic Badasses.

#ToadForProjectM

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You know, I'm wondering if Sol is gonna finish up that Ray moveset soon. That tally ending didn't stop him from finishing, did it?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Just for fun I decided to create a roster with the 5 characters we offered, I think it looks OK,
Okay I'm going to be realistic. This roster is absolutely boring. Another Mario character, Another Fire Emblem character, Another Pokemon character, yawn. I get that Lyn is a popular Fire Emblem rep. I get that Pichu was a Melee vet. I get that Waluigi isn't in Smash 4. But a roster like this seems like it is fixated on just overloading franchises that already have reasonable amounts of characters. It isn't even about over-saturation. It is about the fact other series have yet to even get a single character. And if Isaac is going to be the only new series character, I'd personally rather just have no new characters at all.

You know, I'm wondering if Sol is gonna finish up that Ray moveset soon. That tally ending didn't stop him from finishing, did it?
I plan on finishing it, but things have been preventing me from getting the chance. Currently looking for a new job, possibly getting the chance to help work on a fighting game's development, getting over 2 consecutive sicknesses back to back, and rekindling my broken family.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Okay I'm going to be realistic. This roster is absolutely boring. Another Mario character, Another Fire Emblem character, Another Pokemon character, yawn. I get that Lyn is a popular Fire Emblem rep. I get that Pichu was a Melee vet. I get that Waluigi isn't in Smash 4. But a roster like this seems like it is fixated on just overloading franchises that already have reasonable amounts of characters. It isn't even about over-saturation. It is about the fact other series have yet to even get a single character. And if Isaac is going to be the only new series character, I'd personally rather just have no new characters at all.

I plan on finishing it, but things have been preventing me from getting the chance. Currently looking for a new job, possibly getting the chance to help work on a fighting game's development, getting over 2 consecutive sicknesses back to back, and rekindling my broken family.
I see. Good luck conquering dem challenges man.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I hope you finish your Ray move set. I'll continue to finish my Waluigi move set. I'm still stuck on like 5 moves. The Jab, UTilt, Dair, Down and Side specials are what are killing me. x.x

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Also I saw this when I did my usual check up on SRK.

It certainly makes a music based character seem intriguing. Imagine swagging up your combos with musical inputs. I'd be styling the Green Hill Zone tune on people all day long

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Also I saw this when I did my usual check up on SRK.

It certainly makes a music based character seem intriguing. Imagine swagging up your combos with musical inputs. I'd be styling the Green Hill Zone tune on people all day long
HOLY **** I NEED SKULLGIRLS NOW HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY ****

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Is it weird for me to like this post when I had Lyn and Ridley in my top 5? I'm not budging with my Lyn support, but in retrospect I feel like the Ridley spot should have gone to Lip, no matter how much of a latecomer she was.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Is it weird for me to like this post when I had Lyn and Ridley in my top 5? I'm not budging with my Lyn support, but in retrospect I feel like the Ridley spot should have gone to Lip, no matter how much of a latecomer she was.
Not at all. The thing is, we often think of characters we want before considering who honestly deserves it. It takes a combination of both to really reach a roster that pleases a greater majority. The way I see it:

-Issac
-Ridley
-Another series newcomer (Andy, Sami, Ray, ect.)
-Character for a franchise that needs another (Dixie, K. Rool, Palutena, Ashley, ect.)
-Character for a franchise that needs another or another series newcomer (Masked Man, Ninten, Sukapon, Lip, Takamaru, ect.)

And if PMBR has no plans on doing 5 new characters, give a slot to Pichu.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
For reference's sake, I went Lyn, Ridley, Issac, Sami and Saki. I'd probably have mentioned Takamaru if I didn't have a weirdly strong belief in him making it into Smash4. Lyn is there to ensure I get my Iaijutsu/battojutsu fix on both the PM and S4 fronts.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Not at all. The thing is, we often think of characters we want before considering who honestly deserves it. It takes a combination of both to really reach a roster that pleases a greater majority. The way I see it:

-Issac
-Ridley
-Character for a franchise that needs another (Dixie, K. Rool, Palutena, Ashley, ect.)
-Character for a franchise that needs another or another series newcomer (Masked Man, Ninten, Sukapon, Lip, Takamaru, ect.)

In retrospect, I think this is the attitude a lot of us should have had since the beginning.

Great priorities, here.

Edit:

For reference's sake, I went Lyn, Ridley, Issac, Sami and Saki. I'd probably have mentioned Takamaru if I didn't have a weirdly strong belief in him making it into Smash4. Lyn is there to ensure I get my Iaijutsu/battojutsu fix on both the PM and S4 fronts.
The day Takamaru is deconfirmed for SSB4 is the day he'll have a sudden giant influx of support here in the CE Thread :p

Last edited:

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy

-Issac
-Ridley

Yep, that statement is pretty accurate, though my 5 is a tad different.

- Waluigi (AKA a person everyone is 50/50 on, but can be put in to help show off their good side.)
- Newcomer from new series
- Preferably a second newcomer from a new series.
- Other two are newcomers from existing franchises.

The only requirement I have for any newcomer, like I have said a few times before I believe is that they should be fun to play, unique and/or represent their franchise in a positive way. Waluigi is definitely the oddball when it comes to this description, I am trying to create a competitively viable, yet wacky, yet unique, yet fun move set that represents him and his fighting capabilities. As for his series he rep, he could represent the Mario Sports/side games (speaking of which I may need to play them again to find my down and side specials. Also instead of a Mushroom for the series I would use Wario's W). As for the other newcomers, I'm open to anybody, I refused to do a down vote when i had the chance to, and I still do now. I need to find a 3rd character to main, and Waluigi would fit the bill, but who knows how that will go? (Probably very poorly.) Takamaru would be interesting, I have always liked Samurais, but I have never played his game…

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think we should pay attention to Smash 4's developments. Using my list as an example, I wanted Little Mac on my original list for the clone engine, but Smash 4 changed that. If Isaac does get confirmed for Smash 4, the support I sorta had for him will be gone completely and I will be 100% on Waluigi. The day he was confirmed as an assist trophy, I ran at light speed to this thread to try and give Waluigi fans what they want. I remember that day, it felt so long ago.

Only one person can replace Waluigi's assist trophy when he is off finally enjoying the battle.
"Leave it to me!"

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The day Takamaru is deconfirmed for SSB4 is the day he'll have a sudden giant influx of support here in the CE Thread :p
DON'T JINX IT. KNOCK ON WOOD RIGHT NOW.

Also, FWIW I did one of those rosters with my pics because I love messing with this thing too much. lol

Notes:

- There are a lot of ****ing Pokemon, holy ****.
- Somehow, this feels more colorful than the variants I've done including Ridley. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom