• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomnerdchris

Smash Cadet
Aren't articles only objects that act independently of the character i.e. projectiles. By that definition lucario's only article would be aura sphere which they reworked into shadow ball.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Aren't articles only objects that act independently of the character i.e. projectiles. By that definition lucario's only article would be aura sphere which they reworked into shadow ball.
You may be correct on that.
But I don't see why they wouldn't be able to omit things they didn't want.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I understand you also can't add a command grab to someone, so even if it's not an article, it's still a consideration.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
The thing is, in Smash Bros., all standard attacks are the punch/kick/etc. type attack. That would make the character odd and it just might not work. If an enemy is right next to you, you have to wait for the animation to happen, then the character shoots. If the person fighting you is Fox, Link, Mario, [insert character name here], you're pretty much screwed if your character will only have ranged moves.
megaman is mostly ranged

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I suppose if you can change articles as much as you want you could make them invisible and have no hitbox effectively removing them.

They also just never need to be called. A good example (in a different sense) is pokemon trainer. Ivysaur's down-B used to call for Charizard. Now it calls for a seed bomb to be shot out.

Taking this back to the Link example, Link's down-B currently calls for a bomb to come out. But it could be changed to do anything else, like make Link turn upside down and start screaming. (I dunno why, but, y'know, it could.) So you don't even need to worry about making them invisible or anything - if you don't want them, just change the move so it doesn't call them out.

I think!

randomnerdchris

Smash Cadet
They also just never need to be called. A good example (in a different sense) is pokemon trainer. Ivysaur's down-B used to call for Charizard. Now it calls for a seed bomb to be shot out.

Taking this back to the Link example, Link's down-B currently calls for a bomb to come out. But it could be changed to do anything else, like make Link turn upside down and start screaming. (I dunno why, but, y'know, it could.) So you don't even need to worry about making them invisible or anything - if you don't want them, just change the move so it doesn't call them out.

I think!
OK I guess that makes sense but other than the arrow articles what would cloning Lyn off Link provide (not to knock it, just seeing if any animations they could really copy).

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
megaman is mostly ranged
Unrelated, but this is why I have a problem with Mega man already.

If his shots flinch, he's falco's blaster with movement.
If they don't flinch, he's fox's blaster with movement.

Either way. CAMPING. ALL DAY. EVERY DAY.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Unrelated, but this is why I have a problem with Mega man already.

If his shots flinch, he's falco's blaster with movement.
If they don't flinch, he's fox's blaster with movement.

Either way. CAMPING. ALL DAY. EVERY DAY.
it doesn't look like his blaster shots go that far, I personally think it might be kinda bad.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
any ways i thought of some changes for specials that Pichu could use
B- Discharge, Pichu charges up electricity increasing his damage percentage when B is charged, if tapped it comes out slightly faster/yet smaller as Pika's regular B
Side B-Head Butt, Keep it how it mostly was in in Melee (stronger and faster if charged compared to Pika)
Down B- Thunder, make the height alot lower but give it meteor like properties, also remove the larger explosion that occours when pichu is hit by it
Up B- Thunder wave, same as it was in melee, but if Pichu passes through the enemy in a sweetspot the enemy becomes stunned temporarily like they were hit by ZSS' paralyzer

also can we keep his dash attack from SD remix?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
any ways i thought of some changes for specials that Pichu could use
Let's not worry about that my Pichu bretheren.

I'm sure that if the PMBR is doing Pichu, they are carefully looking at the available moves he has in the Pokemon games and how they can incorporate them into a new and interesting playstyle.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Let's not worry about that my Pichu bretheren.

I'm sure that if the PMBR is doing Pichu, they are carefully looking at the available moves he has in the Pokemon games and how they can incorporate them into a new and interesting playstyle.
the apostles of pichu grow tired of waiting for our one true lord

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Did the PMBR say anywhere that the clone engine is finalized and that they can't overcome some of it's limitations, like the article issue for instance? (I can't remember)

Not that I'm expecting them to do so, as I would already be greatly satisfied if 3.0 is the final product, but I wouldn't put it beyond their capabilities. It's still amazing how Mewtwo doesn't look anything like Lucario despite being his clone, bar a few moves and animations.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
OK I guess that makes sense but other than the arrow articles what would cloning Lyn off Link provide (not to knock it, just seeing if any animations they could really copy).

Oo, I wouldn't actually clone her off Link myself. That said, it might be interesting to keep Link's fair and bair. Those are kinda nice for someone like Lyn, haha.

Kes

Smash Cadet
Shiek also has the Light Bow of her own for animation of Lyndis' bow. I think they can use the animation on Neutral B along side the needle article to save time if I understand it right.

Dino

Smash Rookie
I'm just gonna jump in here with a vote:
Skull Kid

Majora's Mask is my favorite game, he'd be very original and he's confirmed to not be playable in Smash 4.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm gonna throw down a half-vote for Skull Kid now since I completely forgot about him.
In fact, I'll probably also add a few more half votes.
-Toon Zelda / Tetra
-Starfy

I would add Sword Ganondorf but I have to be specific. I feel like his sword should be able to be drawn with side taunt to give him a new moveset (which is very possible with PSA.)

I also really like the Pig/Classic Ganon idea. He needs to be added to the OP.

so does starfy

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I know Anti Guy is busy lately, but I think other options for Gdorf should be added to the OP. I have a feeling a big part (not all) of the people voting for Blackondorf are only doing so because of the prospect of Ganon getting more moves and not for their appreciation of Black Shadow. Maybe the stance change idea with the sword would spark interest in more people.

Oh, and I haven't really seen an explanation for the stance change system, but how does it work? I mean there are no characters that have changing movesets, was there some sort of coding loophole which allowed this?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
All I've heard about it was someone from the PMBR saying that the guy who made that happen on Samus could probably write a book about it, because it was so complicated. XD

I've wondered if it maybe took advantage of the fact that Samus changes into ZSS? That probably doesn't make sense, but it would mean that Samus has a unique property most characters don't have, where she's equipped to change states at any given time with her final smash. Maybe he was somehow able to trick the side-taunt into thinking it was undergoing that state-change, and replacing Samus with an identical version of Samus that had different smash attacks/ice missiles?

Meh, as I said that I realized it didn't really make much sense. So disregard my silly ramblings!

Ginge

Smash Ace
Oh, and I haven't really seen an explanation for the stance change system, but how does it work? I mean there are no characters that have changing movesets, was there some sort of coding loophole which allowed this?

A fan made mod of Version 3.0 Ganondorf. Click Link. :linkmelee: You can download it and try it for yourself. Or just watch the video.

Shin F.

Smash Master
All I've heard about it was someone from the PMBR saying that the guy who made that happen on Samus could probably write a book about it, because it was so complicated. XD

I've wondered if it maybe took advantage of the fact that Samus changes into ZSS? That probably doesn't make sense, but it would mean that Samus has a unique property most characters don't have, where she's equipped to change states at any given time with her final smash. Maybe he was somehow able to trick the side-taunt into thinking it was undergoing that state-change, and replacing Samus with an identical version of Samus that had different smash attacks/ice missiles?

Meh, as I said that I realized it didn't really make much sense. So disregard my silly ramblings!
This is actually one of the things I have absolutely no clue about. I will say, however, that I've seen stance change PSAs on the vault before this, and I believe there was even a Ganondorf one with the sword. I have a stance changing Mario on my custom hacks that makes him take out a keyblade and change a couple of his attacks with side taunt.

Edit: I seem to get ninja'd a lot XD

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

Well it sure was worth the effort, seeing as P:M Samus is easily the best one in all Smash games. Props to that guy!

Ginge

Smash Ace
This is actually one of the things I have absolutely no clue about. I will say, however, that I've seen stance change PSAs on the vault before this, and I believe there was even a Ganondorf one with the sword. I have a stance changing Mario on my custom hacks that makes him take out a keyblade and change a couple of his attacks with side taunt.

Can you link to the Mario stance changing custom PSA? Sounds like that could be fun. Is it good for P:M?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

Oh, good point! I think I'm totally wrong, then. =) I bet any character can do this.

Also wow, that Gdorf mod. I usually don't tamper with the purity of Project M, but... <_< that looks really fun. >_>

Ginge

Smash Ace
Oh, good point! I think I'm totally wrong, then. =) I bet any character can do this.

Also wow, that Gdorf mod. I usually don't tamper with the purity of Project M, but... <_< that looks really fun. >_>
I have a pure Project M codeset and a JUST FOR FUN BECAUSE GANON edit set now.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I have a pure Project M codeset and a JUST FOR FUN BECAUSE GANON edit set now.

Oh hey, good idea! : D I think I'm gonna set it up that way too.

Someone should PM BronzeGreekGod. He loved the idea of Gdorf having a sword, he'd probably be so happy right now haha.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Wow, that's actually really well done. Dat Upb...

Right? I'm so excited to try this, just DLed it now. Maybe when my brother gets home I'll troll him by pretending it's a PM easter egg we didn't find yet.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The neutral B -> A is quite good to surprise him. He'll think he can punish you for doing a Warlock Punch. Then bam. Equally strong sword swing.

It's basically Project M Ganon with Brawl- properties at the moment XD

EDIT: And guys? Make sure to comment your opinions and suggestions to the person who made that thread. They take feedback into consideration with each update.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Coming up with normals for Micaiah has been pretty weird so far.
So instead, I'll post my ideas for The Black Knight.

His song is in the game, so why not?
(cloned from Ganondork or Lukaryoh, read to see why)
[collapse=dis nyugga]

SPECIALS

Neutral B: Alondite Flare

In FE9-10, Ike and The Ebonic Soldier both had a ranged attack using the two swords of the goddess:
Ragnell
and Alondite
. Ike's sword shot a blue flame/slash/shockwave (canonically it's a flame, but it looks like a slash or a shockwave), while this guy's sword shot a red flame/slash/shockwave. Ike didn't get this attack in Smash (bcuz Sakurai), but now we can represent this attack with the Black Knight.

How it works: Imagine almost ALL of Zelda's attacks in Brawl minus or Vergil's dimentional slash in UMvC3. They both create a long range, disjointed hit box. This is will be just like that, but a lot less spammy than Zelda and more tactical than both.

By holding B, BK will charge his sword (similar to Ike's quick draw). The longer the button is held, the further the hit box will appear, and the more powerful the attack will be. The max distance that can be covered with this attack is around 3/4s of FD. Once the button is released, the BK will slash at the air, and a red slash hitbox will appear somewhere in front of him, depending on the charge. If it is possible, I would also give him the option to aim it up diagonally, as an EXTREMELY situational anti-air.

Edit: If differing distances isn't possible, then having the hitbox appear in a set location with the charge only affecting damage and knockback is an okay alternative for me.

Sword Slash damage: 15-30% depending on charge, killing power similar to an Ike F-Smash
Disjointed Slash damage: 12-15% depending on charge, killing power similar to a Mario Nair

Side B: Lethal Thrust (command grab, cloned from Ganon or Luke)

BK lunges forward and stabs the opponent, shishkababing them in the process.
With the opponent on his sword, he flings them upwards, setting up for another attack.
Those who have played FE9 will know why this is here, and why it's so gruesome.

Does around 12% and has set knockback, sends into helpless mode if used unsuccessfully in midair.

Up B: Warp Powder

Functions like Zelda and Mewtwo's teleports, but doesn't go as far as either one.
Has minor start-up lag, using the entry animation for FE fighters.
Has NO landing lag whatsoever, so it can be used for follow-ups and combos on the ground.
Made helpless if used in the air.

Down B: Nihil

Option 1:
A typical FE counter.
Would be the strongest counter of the cast, functioning like Roy's, but having a greater effect.
Would also be the hardest to land as a result.

Option 2:
This would be a counter with an afterimage effect, like Lucario's.
Once the counter is activated, the player teleports behind the opponent, wherever they might be.
The player can then perform any action.
Absolutely NO idea if this is possible, but it would be dope.

Final Smash: Eclipse

A cinematic, insta-kill combo, just like Ike and Roy's.
Finishes with a giant fire wave (or just a red flash) summoned by Alondite to hit all players on screen.

[/collapse]

Alternate Costumes:
If you thought Masked Man was bad for spoilers, this MAY be worse. But there aren't many other alternatives.
[collapse=WARNING: Legit Spoiler Ahead]

Zelgius. His alter ego.

This armor is VERY distinct from his original black armor.
Perhaps to avoid spoilers, he can also wear an altered helmet of some kind.
[/collapse]

OR

:troll: :troll: :troll:

:troll: :troll: :troll:

eh
Criticism, give me some.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I like the ideas there. And having another villain/antihero for the roster could be cool. I'm all for Fire Emblem reps, but there are plenty who think 3 is enough. I have a personal bias to want Lyn over Black Knight. But I'd appreciate either if they get chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom