• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I know the OP was finally updated but Anti Guy forgot fo change the Masked Man's entry: he's not really a spoiler, TopTierPichu proved that by reminding us his (albeit inferred) identity is revealed in Lucas' trophy.
thats not the only thing Goroh isnt in brawls OP

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Dang I missed the awesome lyn talk D:

It would seem that you guys are talking about ganon, am I the only one who's fine with how he is?
Falcon was one of my favorites in Brawl, but then I had to beat the one Event one hard where you play as Ganon, and I gained an appreciation of how he was different than Falcon but still was awesome. Of course, this is pre-Project M, and I haven't yet played him in 3.0, but I like his style, slow as it may be. That being said, I wouldn't mind him getting a taunt switch or a new moveset altogether as long as his style as it is is preserved in some way (whether via said switch or through another character inheriting the moveset entirely).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Cool cool, so can we talk about my waifu again? :awesome: Or or.... we could talk about skull kid or something. Or continue your ganondorf talk.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
I put that sword Ganon mod in yesterday and it is killer.
As someone who prefers seeing Ganon fight like he from the Zelda games would more likely fight it is the best thing.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
RTD came out after Brawl, so my understanding is he isn't eligible.

However, for those that wanna talk about Lyn, ill bet you the first new chRacter'll be one of those in the top tier of votes, which she definitely is.

It just depends on if they see her as equally as hype as Barney or LandCloud.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's true. However, I wouldn't expect a Waddle Dee to become as popular as many of the contenders. Though I DO want to discuss its cloneability, because it interests me. Obviously they'd use Kirby, but given how Wadle Dees function, I see it being more work than it seems.

Ginge

Smash Ace
That's true. However, I wouldn't expect a Waddle Dee to become as popular as many of the contenders. Though I DO want to discuss its cloneability, because it interests me. Obviously they'd use Kirby, but given how Wadle Dees function, I see it being more work than it seems.

Up-B: a Dedede shows up and throws you. Kinda like Sonic gets a spring-boost. ;)

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I'd think Link or Meta Knight would be more fitting. People wanna see Waddle Dee with a spear from KRtD, which is just called Waddle Dee. In fact, I believe there's a Waddle Dee sticker of a WD holding a spear. Go watch some Waddle Dee gameplay in RtD to understand.

EDIT: Guess I was just crazy about the sticker, none to be found. Point still stands though.

MarkJa-lapeno

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6826-4437
1 Point Votes:
Waluigi
Isaac
Black Shadow/Gannondorf
Ridley
King K. Rool

1/2 Point Votes:
Tom Nook
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Dark Samus
Andy
Samurai Goroh

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I like the sword mod, especially how it is drawn out with side taunt.

I also wanna post my semi-complete-but-slightly-more-complete-than-last-time Starfy moveset, just to see if anyone else here would like this character.

B-Moves
Neutral B - Spin Attack. Starfy spins around and gains a very slight speed boost. Whoever he hits gets knocked in the direction he is moving.
Up B - Spin dash - Starfy spins around and dashes upward. Hits multiple times. Goes into special fall if used midair, but not if used from off the ground. From Densetsu no Stafy 3.
Down B -Spin dash - Same as Up B, except aims straight down. If used on the ground, it acts like the Bowser Bomber but slightly quicker, arcs cleaner and doesn't pause before hitting the ground again.
Side B - Spin dash - Same as Up B, except aims sideways. If used in the air, it goes into special fall.

I pretty much think his primary character can revolve around how well you incorporate his Spin dash into other attacks. I know it takes up three special moves but it might be worth it having those options.

A-Moves
Jab - Starfy slaps with his arms.
F-tilt - Starfy quickly spins once and kicks in front of him, fixated on his other foot.
Dash attack - Trips over, similar to Dedede's and Wario's dash attack. From Densetsu no Stafy 2.
D-tilt - Headbutts slightly forward. He moves slightly forward.
U-tilt - Jumps and flips around like Kirby's N-air except he flips only once. He hits three times.

F-air - Pokes his foot forward and withdraws it quickly.
U-air - Headbutts upward, like Mario's U-smash.
N-air - Kirby's N-air with little startup and slight end lag. On the other hand it could be Jiggs' N-air, which is awesome but it'd be hard to pose Starfy like that.
B-air - Pikachu's vBrawl B-air (Pichu's B-air)
D-air - Spins around once moderately fast and mightily kicks his foot downward, and spikes.

F-smash - Charges up, holding his right hand to his foot, then releasing, flinging himself forward slightly. It hits once and is a good kill move.
D-smash - Charges up, spinning around gradually faster, then slams on the ground and spins on his back, similar to Pikachu's and Wario's vBrawl D-smashes but more practical.
U-smash - Spin charges again, then leaps into the air, staying midair and spinning, hitting multiple times.

Grabs
Pummel - Hits the opponent with his head.
F-throw - Spins around standing up and throws the opponent forward.
B-throw - Kicks the opponent upward and leaps slightly to kick them backward.
D-throw - Plants the opponent into the ground and spins himself so the opponent is grinded on by his limbs (5 times) and then kicked backward.
U-throw - Jumps up slightly, spins and throws the opponent upward.

Taunts (I really tried to come up with some based on his appearances but I kinda improvised)
U-taunt - Hops and spins around, smiling at the screen afterward, similar to Jigglypuff's.
D-taunt - Gets on the ground, spins and freakin' breakdances.
S-taunt - Kirby's side taunt? Heck, I don't know.

FS - I really had no idea on this one (especially on a canonical note) but I know Starfy really shines in the water opposed to the land. I came up with this: He fills the stage with water (swimming physics and all) and he either a) creates a tidal wave that knocks all opponents out in range or b) is strengthened by the water and is able to freely attack opponents that are drowning (though it may be hard to program.)

Alt. Colors:
Stapy (Pink) (Red Team)
Light Blue
Light Green
Grey

Alt. Costumes.
From what I understand, you can dress up Starfy in a few of the games. He has a few outfits, and a few based on other Nintendo characters (Wario actually shows up in the third game and gives you a Wario hat and moustache.) I can't think of other specifics but that's it for the moment.

Well that's that.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Judging based on apparent ease of cloning (that being my impressions of it, of course I don't know how much actually goes into it), my predictions (and not votes) for the new characters are:

Pichu
Dixie Kong
Lyn

This is also assuming that the Pichu thing was legit, and not a joke. I'm still kind of hoping that it was a joke myself, but if not Kudos to the Pichu fans, I guess. I can see Dixie being cloned off of DK well with the up B being similar to her hair glide, and the walking carry would work well with her hair as well. Similarly I can definitely see Lyn being a Sheik/Marth type of hybrid, hopefully with some creative stuff worked into it like that moveset that was posted a while back.

I can't also help but think that they'd want at least one hype inducing character, so here's hoping that Isaac or Ridley (or both!) make the cut. What are you guys thinking that they'll implement?

EDIT: For clarification, this is different from my most wanted, which include Ridley, Isaac, Paper Mario, and Masked Man

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I tried that sword moveset and even posted in it a few times...my problem is the sword mode is so good that the original moveset is useless.

Still great idea and that's not the final so I can't really complain.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I remember one of the Project M guys going on a podcast and saying empirically that there would be no Pichu just recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wou7JE1h-k This one I think, the project M stuff starts about halfway through.
Could you like be more specific? (sorry) Cause I went halfway and all I heard was alt costumes and the end of the turbo tuesday thing.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think I may have been wrong about it being in that one, I'm looking through a bunch to see if I can find it.
Anyway, I heard some people say that cmart trolled the pichu fans in the social thread on tuesday with that icon thing, ("Hey we DID put pichu in. You guys are satisfied now, right?"). So idk if the PMBR really wants pichu, especially if another member said no as well, which would mean 2 no's from 2 members plus that april fools vid. (assuming you find the podcast of it)

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can't find it, and I'm starting to actually doubt whether I heard it or not. So if someone wants to go through all of episodes, 9 to 12 (the ones I've listened to) to confirm or deconfirm they can but I'm giving up.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I wish I could post more here, but I've been really busy lately.
Missed all da good Lyn talk doh...
I've been growing more and more neutral to the idea of Lyn recently. Thinking of plausible movesets for the other FE characters has kinda swayed me towards them...
It's too bad Lyn is the only one that gets attention.

Edit: speaking of movesets, who should I try after Micaiah?
Black Knight or Ephraim?

red9rd

Smash Ace
To bad there is the "have to be included to brawl to be added" rule because we all know that we would all want Mike Tyson from Punch Out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The sword mod is just godlike. I'm not sure how it's changed, but I preferred aspects of the Brawler mode as well. (T-stomp ftw.) Just a few balance tweaks and I'm sure the PMBR could include it. It'd definitely save them the time giving Ganon a new moveset, and having to use another slot for Black Shadow. As cool as it'd be to have him, it just doesn't seem worth it when a perfectly good alternative to the entire idea exists.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah man. Directional countering sounds like a really interesting gameplay element, and just a speedy, katana-based character is something I've wanted to play in Smash for a long time.

:shades:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ganon IS fine the way he is, but what's wrong with an alternate play style that still allows you to have both? Especially when it'd solve the issue of people wanting a sword Ganon without taking away his Brawler style for players that like him that way.

In addition, the Set's already done =D
Unnecessarily giving characters more options can easily tip the balance of a lot of matchups.

I don't think it would be in anyone's best interest to add it simply because it gives Ganon more options.

But I think you know that already.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Unnecessarily giving characters more options can easily tip the balance of a lot of matchups.

I don't think it would be in anyone's best interest to add it simply because it gives Ganon more options.

But I think you know that already.
If they modified it so one was slower / more damage and one was faster / less damage, I'd be okay with it being a thing. Or if Sword Ganon wasn't taunted into and had to be Z-ed into like Giga Bowser so you wouldn't switch mid fight.

Sword Ganon's range for the same amount of damage / knockback basically is too OP without some sort of drawback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom