• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
but they are all pokemon trainers. it really depends on what they go with if he does make it in.

also, really? I didn't know that gold's real name was Ethan.
I`m pretty sure it was Ethan in the remake. (and in the anime)

EDIT: Yes, but obviously the model is based off of Red so having him be a exception just because his in game name is "Pokemon Trainer" is ridiculous. I`m sure that if Mario`s ingame name was red hat guy, you wouldn`t be justifying random characters with red hats just because of his name.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it would be better if tetra was cloned off toon link, not sheik.

It would make more sence I think if Tetra was based of Sheik.

Ah well, the best Sheik clone ever would still be Impa anyways. :cool:

[/collase]

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yes, but obviously the model is based off of Red so having him be a exception just because his in game name is "Pokemon Trainer" is ridiculous. I`m sure that if Mario`s ingame name was red hat guy, you wouldn`t be justifying random characters with red hats just because of his name.
Well, if they all had red hats, were from the same franchise and had the same build as this red hat guy, AND had all the same abilities as red hat guy, then it could probably work.

besides, if it's pokemon trainer, Green (I call him blue because north america) is still a pokemon trainer, all the moves would still work out. it would still make sense.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well, if they all had red hats, were from the same franchise and had the same build as this red hat guy, AND had all the same abilities as red hat guy, then it could probably work.

besides, if it's pokemon trainer, Green (I call him blue because north america) is still a pokemon trainer, all the moves would still work out. it would still make sense.
But what about voices? 1) there are no sound clips from the game they could use and 2) they can only use one voice

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I feel Lucas' animations are too weak and apprehensive to work for Masked Man, who is a soulless, robotic character, who should probably have very powerful looking animations.

If Earthbound were to get another Rep, it'd have to be either him, Pokey, or my personally favorite idea, Ninten, just for the fact that he has some exclusive PSI moves to both Mother 1 and smash, and he could have a radically different moveset.

4TH D slip and PK Beam come to mind for instance, and then he could be given a PK speed up to combat Lucas' PK Offense up.
Lucas's new animations aren't really inherently weak, especially when you imagine them with the face expression obscured by a mask, so Lucas is definitely still an excellent choice for cloning off of.
Also, some animations could be pulled from Ness, just like Roy's bair and utilt were pulled from Ike.

Hmm... I like that, actually.
Would he work like a Lucas clone... or a Samus clone. :O

I think I'll give him a 1/2 vote next time.
I personally envision him as a Lucas clone with some attacks that would be visually similar to Samus, such as firing a beam, and Samus's dtilt/fair/etc.
Why wait until next time? :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
But what about voices? 1) there are no sound clips from the game they could use and 2) they can only use one voice
does voice even matter that much? the Pokemon trainer in Brawl (Red) never really had a voice until brawl. does it really matter if they share one voice? I don't mind. I knew of that before I posted the original costumes I wanted.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Why can't Dark Pit just be an alt color to Pit, is that not good enough?
to me that's like asking for Dark Link to be his own character it just doesn't need to happen when being a recolor would do the job just fine :/
Simply the ease of making this character and the opportunities are too good to pass up.

Malion

Smash Ace
while I don't agree with Blue being an alt costume, another playable protagonist should be fine... as they are mostly interchangable avatars. I wouldn't call them solid characters by any means. If only the voice wasn't an issue. we could get Leaf in there because she is the same as red, just a girl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Palutena could also work as a Zelda-based character perhaps?

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Would anyone be against Palutena if she was a character?
I'm just curious, because to me, she'd be the best entry for Kid Icarus.

Edit: I'm always getting ALMOST ninja'd

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is the best entry for a Zelda character but apperantly no can do...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
while I don't agree with Blue being an alt costume, another playable protagonist should be fine... as they are mostly interchangable avatars. I wouldn't call them solid characters by any means. If only the voice wasn't an issue. we could get Leaf in there because she is the same as red, just a girl
well, I do agree with getting leaf in, since she's a girl and all, and I get what you are saying about blue, but really, that's not a good reason not to not include such a good alt.

well all this might turn out to be pointless anyways.

Real Talk, if Pokemon Trainer got in, I'd main him, know all the positives, all the stage machups, the character machup, and just become really dedicated to the game. I'm not that good now, but I'll really dedicate myself if red got in.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
does voice even matter that much? the Pokemon trainer in Brawl (Red) never really had a voice until brawl. does it really matter if they share one voice? I don't mind. I knew of that before I posted the original costumes I wanted.
I don`t know, I guess having 12 of the following: Red, Gold/Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Rosa, Calem, Serena, Green/Blue, Silver, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, N, Hugh, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, May, Team Rocket Grunt, Team Aqua Grunt, Team Magma Grunt, Team Galactic Grunt, Team Plasma Grunt, Colress, Team Flare Grunt, Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Kiyo, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni, Janine, Cissy, Danny, Rudy, Luana, Drake, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Wallace, Juan, Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Cilan, Cress, Chili, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Iris, Roxie, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric, Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Will, Karen, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna, Steven Stone, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Brandon, Anabel, Palmer, Thorton, Argenta, Darach, Dahlia, Ingo, Emmet, Prof. Oak, Prof. Ivy, Prof. Birch, Prof. Rowan, Prof. Hastings, Prof. Juniper, Prof, Burnet, Prof. Sycamore, Bill, Celio, Lanette, Brigette, Bebe, Amanita, Mr. Fuji, Cal, Carrie, Eusine, Todd Snap, Scott, Gabby, Ty, Cheryl, Riley, Buck, Marley, Looker, Fennel, Morimoto, Benga, Nishino, Curtis, Yancy, Christoph, Youngster Joey, Alexa, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Don George, Porter, Ash, Tracy, Max, Bonnie, Gary, Ritchie, Harrison, Drew, Harley, Morrison, Paul, Barry, Nando, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, Trip, Burgundy, Geogia, Stephane, Cameron, Virgil, Jesse, James, Butch, Cassidy, Pierce, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Aldith, Delia, Mr. Contesta, Mr. Sukizo, Luke, Leaf, Yellow, *Mewtwo, would look weird all with the same voice and pokemon.

* = The Mewtwo from the anime

EDIT: And yes, I did all of this by memory! I am such a nerd.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I don`t know, I guess having 12 of the following: Red, Gold/Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Rosa, Calem, Serena, Green/Blue, Silver, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, N, Hugh, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, May, Team Rocket Grunt, Team Aqua Grunt, Team Magma Grunt, Team Galactic Grunt, Team Plasma Grunt, Colress, Team Flare Grunt, Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Kiyo, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni, Janine, Cissy, Danny, Rudy, Luana, Drake, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Wallace, Juan, Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Cilan, Cress, Chili, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Iris, Roxie, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric, Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Will, Karen, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna, Steven Stone, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Brandon, Anabel, Palmer, Thorton, Argenta, Darach, Dahlia, Ingo, Emmet, Prof. Oak, Prof. Ivy, Prof. Birch, Prof. Rowan, Prof. Hastings, Prof. Juniper, Prof, Burnet, Prof. Sycamore, Bill, Celio, Lanette, Brigette, Bebe, Amanita, Mr. Fuji, Cal, Carrie, Eusine, Todd Snap, Scott, Gabby, Ty, Cheryl, Riley, Buck, Marley, Looker, Fennel, Morimoto, Benga, Nishino, Curtis, Yancy, Christoph, Youngster Joey, Alexa, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Don George, Porter, Ash, Tracy, Max, Bonnie, Gary, Ritchie, Harrison, Drew, Harley, Morrison, Paul, Barry, Nando, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, Trip, Burgundy, Geogia, Stephane, Cameron, Virgil, Jesse, James, Butch, Cassidy, Pierce, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Aldith, Delia, Mr. Contesta, Mr. Sukizo, Luke, Leaf, and some others I can`t think of right now, would look weird all with the same voice and pokemon.
I scanned that entire list for Joey........excellent work.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don`t know, I guess having 12 of the following: Red, Gold/Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Rosa, Calem, Serena, Green/Blue, Silver, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, N, Hugh, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, May, Team Rocket Grunt, Team Aqua Grunt, Team Magma Grunt, Team Galactic Grunt, Team Plasma Grunt, Colress, Team Flare Grunt, Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Kiyo, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni, Janine, Cissy, Danny, Rudy, Luana, Drake, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Wallace, Juan, Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Cilan, Cress, Chili, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Iris, Roxie, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric, Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Will, Karen, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna, Steven Stone, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Brandon, Anabel, Palmer, Thorton, Argenta, Darach, Dahlia, Ingo, Emmet, Prof. Oak, Prof. Ivy, Prof. Birch, Prof. Rowan, Prof. Hastings, Prof. Juniper, Prof, Burnet, Prof. Sycamore, Bill, Celio, Lanette, Brigette, Bebe, Amanita, Mr. Fuji, Cal, Carrie, Eusine, Todd Snap, Scott, Gabby, Ty, Cheryl, Riley, Buck, Marley, Looker, Fennel, Morimoto, Benga, Nishino, Curtis, Yancy, Christoph, Youngster Joey, Alexa, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Don George, Porter, Ash, Tracy, Max, Bonnie, Gary, Ritchie, Harrison, Drew, Harley, Morrison, Paul, Barry, Nando, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, Trip, Burgundy, Geogia, Stephane, Cameron, Virgil, Jesse, James, Butch, Cassidy, Pierce, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Aldith, Delia, Mr. Contesta, Mr. Sukizo, Luke, Leaf, and some others I can`t think of right now, would look weird all with the same voice and pokemon.
well, obviously all those arent going to get in as alt costumes. just the three (or even just the first two) I posted were the only ones I really wanted...

besides, it was just merely a suggestion if pokemon trainer was even chosen, we really shouldn't be arguing about this.

also, I don't think nurse joy would work since she's not even a pokemon trainer

Malion

Smash Ace
Joey is where it's at. forget pokemon trainer and just give us ratatta trainer. it's the only reasonable thing.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
well, obviously all those arent going to get in as alt costumes. just the three (or even just the first two) I posted were the only ones I really wanted...

besides, it was just merely a suggestion if pokemon trainer was even chosen, we really shouldn't be arguing about this.

also, I don't think nurse joy would work since she's not even a pokemon trainer
She has a chansey, a chansey she caught. And also (I don`t remember if it`s the anime or one of the games) there is a nurse joy who talks about her life as a pokemon trainer when she was your age.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
*sigh* why do all my suggestions get stretched into things that are completely stupid altogether.

I wanted Blue since he's the rival of Red, Gold since he's Red successor, and the only reason I picked Brendan was that he has a cool design.

but it somehow got stretched into how I want every trainer in existence as an alt for red. gee thanks guys.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
*sigh* why do all my suggestions get stretched into things that are completely stupid altogether.

I wanted Blue since he's the rival of Red, Gold since he's Red successor, and the only reason I picked Brendan was that he has a cool design.

but it somehow got stretched into how I want every trainer in existence as an alt for red. gee thanks guys.
Your SOOOOOOO welcome!

Malion

Smash Ace
well long story short. I think each character should have one alt... TOPS so suggesting 3 was obviously going to open the floodgates of exaggeration.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
well long story short. I think each character should have one alt... TOPS so suggesting 3 was obviously going to open the floodgates of exaggeration.
I think each character should have at least 2. (because I count alt colors for an alt costume more than one alt.)

Malion

Smash Ace
well let's think of at least 1 alt for each before discussing going back for seconds.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
this isn't the alt thread. I only brought those three up because they were for a character that would have to be included with the clone engine.

I never would have ever guessed that post would cause so much discord and chaos.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Impa is the best entry for a Zelda character but apperantly no can do...
Huh, I was about to say that she had a sticker, but decided to look it up first, and she does not. No trophy either. Well, at least Link's Grandma is an eligible candidate.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Huh, I was about to say that she had a sticker, but decided to look it up first, and she does not. No trophy either. Well, at least Link's Grandma is an eligible candidate.
OH DUDE

SHE'D HAVE THE BEST MOVESET EVER

Seriously, can't you just imagine the announcer? "Link! Zelda! Sheik! Ganondorf! Toon Link! Toon Link's Grandma!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom