• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress

Smash Master
It's Smash Bros, we don't need a Sonic the Hedgehog Deviant Art Fan Character style back story for why a character is there.
Nobody's asking for that. Sob just mentioned that it's possible to do more with the single player modes. Quit ****ting on everybody's every post, Christ.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I don't see how I am. I'm just saying that a story is unnecessary, how is that ****ing on anything. Maybe lighten up a bit?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I don't see how I am. I'm just saying that a story is unnecessary, how is that ****ing on anything. Maybe lighten up a bit?
You are the one who needs to lighten up. You always seem to **** on any post that isn't a positive comment about Pichu. Get off my freaking back. I was just being creative since I remember PMBR expressing interest in single player modes. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume they would do their own adventure mode, rather it be like melee, brawl, or its own thing. There is nothing wrong with expressing an idea. But hell I wouldn't know what that is like since I'm "A Sonic furry from dA".

You know what? **** you and anyone like you on these forums. I'm done being bashed for the stupidest of reasons. Have fun yapping about Project Pichu or whatever the hell this game is called anymore.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The hell did that come from? I didn't say anything negative about Sonic back their, just that there are some hilarious fan stories out there. As far as I knew you don't partake in such shenanigans so I'm sorry if I struck a chord, but there's no need to take it so personally. I sure as hell never do when people **** on Pichu.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm playing WW HD, and Toon link totally should have his own move set.. I mean I know this wont happen in PM (nor in SSB4 for that matter since he seems like a clone again already), but his move set is so easy to imagine. It's a shame he had to be a clone.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I suggested and belted out a moveset and general physics for Primid somewhere in here and instantly got shot down in favor of outlandish characters that would take too much to make work like anything from Custom Robo, or completely tearing down G-Dorf, only to be told by Anti Guy a few posts ago that now we're not looking for anything too imaginative or outlandish. I'm really confused as to what we're allowed to suggest or talk about. I guess if it's not a ~1:1 copy, it's 'too hard'. I mean, now we're being told that movesets don't matter in this thread, and we should think mostly in terms of specials, which doesn't make sense to me. If we throw out a moveset and liken each move to another character's move, doesn't that only help to explain as to why that character should be used as a base for a clone?

Well, maybe not instantly shot down, but that discussion died without so much as a fight.
Now? I've been saying the same thing over and over again. It's not even a rule. It's just something to save yourselves from wasting time.

This thread is going to die if this keeps up. It`s like yu-gi-oh, the rules change every 5 seconds.

This guy... *shakes head*

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The hell did that come from? I didn't say anything negative about Sonic back their, just that there are some hilarious fan stories out there. As far as I knew you don't partake in such shenanigans so I'm sorry if I struck a chord, but there's no need to take it so personally. I sure as hell never do when people **** on Pichu.
You need to learn when something is insulting to another person. If I haven't said it once, then I've said it at least a dozen times over this thread. Using "Furries, Sonic, Sonic fans, or DeviantArt" as a negative stereotype against others is incredibly offensive and discriminative. Several times over this thread these statements have been used as negative labels against me and any other Sonic fan. It is hard enough just being a fan without having to hear this **** day in and day out. Do you even know how harmful those statements are? Do you really think I would not be offended? I dropped my negativity towards Pichu when it was necessary. But do you see me dropping statements like "Furries" or "deviantart" as a negative against Pichu? Or Pokemon for that matter?

To clearify, this is what it feels like. "Your idea is stupid because it came from the Sonic fanbase". "Your ideas have no place here, because you are from deviantart".

Which is no different than, "Your ideas have no meaning because you are a black woman" or "Your ideas are pointless because you are from Mexico".

Learn when something is offensive you twit.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
So... what about having dark pit as a clone of pit? I mean he is like a literal clone... won't need to change the voice. (Yes, I'm aware of his costume in the game, it could be easily changed). The effort would be minimal. You could use some of pits old as attacks that have been taken out. He could fly better, be stronger. There's a lot of attacks from kid icarus that could be used.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So... what about having dark pit as a clone of pit? I mean he is like a literal clone... won't need to change the voice. (Yes, I'm aware of his costume in the game, it could be easily changed). The effort would be minimal. You could use some of pits old as attacks that have been taken out. He could fly better, be stronger. There's a lot of attacks from kid icarus that could be used.
Dark Pit wasn't introduced until Uprising. He is not eligible.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Actually... he might be, since he's one of Pit's costumes in Brawl. He may not have been in a Kid Icarus game till then, but it's clearly him.
No. His introduction as a character was not until Uprising. Nowhere in Brawl does it have a trophy or sticker that separates the two by name. Only after brawl was Dark Pit established as a character.

K see you in a bit
Unless you are claiming to be like trojanpooh, that statement wasn't meant for you. I'm out. Bye.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
You need to learn when something is insulting to another person. If I haven't said it once, then I've said it at least a dozen times over this thread. Using "Furries, Sonic, Sonic fans, or DeviantArt" as a negative stereotype against others is incredibly offensive and discriminative. Several times over this thread these statements have been used as negative labels against me and any other Sonic fan. It is hard enough just being a fan without having to hear this **** day in and day out. Do you even know how harmful those statements are? Do you really think I would not be offended? I dropped my negativity towards Pichu when it was necessary. But do you see me dropping statements like "Furries" or "deviantart" as a negative against Pichu? Or Pokemon for that matter?

To clearify, this is what it feels like. "Your idea is stupid because it came from the Sonic fanbase". "Your ideas have no place here, because you are from deviantart".

Which is no different than, "Your ideas have no meaning because you are a black woman" or "Your ideas are pointless because you are from Mexico".

Learn when something is offensive you twit.

You're being unreasonable. Nowhere did I say you were a furry or all Sonic fans were from deviantart or that your idea was stupid because you like Sonic. All I said was there was no need to add silly stories to the Primid to make him worth including. True, that may be an insult to your story but I'm willing to bet that you don't have tons of experience in the creative writing department (most people don't, myself included) so that's hardly an attack on your intellect. There is no denying that there is a large cross section of people who post absurd Sonic fanart on deviantart. Pointing that out isn't an attack on all Sonic fans or even all deviantart members. It's exclusively an attack on the exact people who make fan characters and write them little silly stories and post it on deviantart, maybe roleplay as said character in the comment section, etc. Unless that's you it wasn't a personal attack. Of course this is entirely off topic so I'm not going to continue responding. I'll keep in mind that you're offended easily in the future and try to restrain myself from saying anything that could be misconstrued as an insult.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You're being unreasonable. Nowhere did I say you were a furry or all Sonic fans were from deviantart or that your idea was stupid because you like Sonic. All I said was there was no need to add silly stories to the Primid to make him worth including. True, that may be an insult to your story but I'm willing to bet that you don't have tons of experience in the creative writing department (most people don't, myself included) so that's hardly an attack on your intellect. There is no denying that there is a large cross section of people who post absurd Sonic fanart on deviantart. Pointing that out isn't an attack on all Sonic fans or even all deviantart members. It's exclusively an attack on the exact people who make fan characters and write them little silly stories and post it on deviantart, maybe roleplay as said character in the comment section, etc. Unless that's you it wasn't a personal attack. Of course this is entirely off topic so I'm not going to continue responding. I'll keep in mind that you're offended easily in the future and try to restrain myself from saying anything that could be misconstrued as an insult.
Look at it this way, at least there not ChrisChan

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
BAM

HERE'S AN IDEA

ridley, scaled to bowser's new size in Project:M and built up from bowser. lots of fire, claw and biting attacks to work with, and how about this - he doesn't get a glide, to compensate for his size. if i'm not mistaken, he'd be about as big as he was in super metroid in relation to samus, correct?

Fortress

Smash Master
I'm playing WW HD, and Toon link totally should have his own move set.. I mean I know this wont happen in PM (nor in SSB4 for that matter since he seems like a clone again already), but his move set is so easy to imagine. It's a shame he had to be a clone.
His attacks are literally the same attacks used in Smash 64 and WW itself. He's about as unclonely compared to Link as possible. Play the two characters sometime. There's a difference between being a 1:1 clone and being a character with different trajectories, physics, attacks, and applications in specials, which is what TLink has going for him. There are huge differences in TLink and Link. I'll go ahead and name a few.

• Spin Attack functions in reverse for TLink; strong in the air, weaker on the ground
  • Stronger jab-string
  • Spin Attack is chargeable, more akin to TLink's spin attack tech later on in Wind Waker
  • Trajectories on attacks such as D-tilt, F-smash, D-air, and B-air are much different than Link's
  • D-air can spike, B-air's a killer
  • Weaker recovery game overall
  • Stronger Wavedash and Waveland
  • Bombs deal damage multiple times
  • Arrows sport weaker knockback, but leave a hitbox on-stage
  • Boomerang flies further, but is much slower, making it not as viable in TLink's combo game as Link's
  • Hookshot is shorter than the Clawshot, changing up application of Zairs, and rendering bomb punts moot
  • Faster attacks on the whole, with more ground finishers compared to Link's aerial finishers
It's odd enough that you campaign so hard to 'declone' Ganondorf, but, come the **** on, TLink and Link perform so differently that they're hardly comparable. It's the same with Mario and Weegee; similar movesets, that are applied in ways that aren't at all similar. Seriously, what is it with you and wanting to declone each and every character in the roster? What's next, no more Weegee n-air? How much different can TLink's moveset be, anyway? He's an incarnation of Link, for one, so of course they're going to have similar attacks, most of which come straight from WW anyway. ****.

The only thing that I think would be cool for Tink to have (but should not) is the Deku Leaf; spring up high like Peach's umbrella, and cancel out of it with aerials kind of like Snake's cypher. But, Tink is fine as-is, he doesn't need anything to separate himself from Link. Plus, the Cyclone is one of his signature tricks in WW once he learns it. And, you know, one of his stronger aerial finishers in Smash.

Shin F.

Smash Master
No. His introduction as a character was not until Uprising. Nowhere in Brawl does it have a trophy or sticker that separates the two by name. Only after brawl was Dark Pit established as a character.

Unless you are claiming to be like trojanpooh, that statement wasn't meant for you. I'm out. Bye.
I'm not saying I want Dark Pit, since I really don't, but you can't honestly look at Pit's dark costume and say that it's not Dark Pit. Uprising and Smash were both made by Sakurai. Characters have appeared in Smash Bros before their canon appearance before. Look at Roy. Just because this appearance of Dark Pit predates his official appearance doesn't mean that he's somehow not really him.

The argument of them being separated by name is kind of poor, as well, since you don't see the Dark Link costume specifically called Dark Link, or the Blood Falcon costume, or the Daisy costume. It's still clearly meant to be them.

BAM

HERE'S AN IDEA

ridley, scaled to bowser's new size in Project:M and built up from bowser. lots of fire, claw and biting attacks to work with, and how about this - he doesn't get a glide, to compensate for his size. if i'm not mistaken, he'd be about as big as he was in super metroid in relation to samus, correct?

He makes more sense being built from Charizard, since he has the fire, clawing and biting plus wings.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I'm not saying I want Dark Pit, since I really don't, but you can't honestly look at Pit's dark costume and say that it's not Dark Pit. Uprising and Smash were both made by Sakurai. Characters have appeared in Smash Bros before their canon appearance before. Look at Roy. Just because this appearance of Dark Pit predates his official appearance doesn't mean that he's somehow not really him.

He makes more sense being built from Charizard, since he has the fire, clawing and biting plus wings.
but the sheer size of bowser... i'm just saying.

KaneStaff

Smash Cadet
Up-Votes
1. Lyn!!!
2. Dark Samus!!!
3. Black Shadow/Ganondorf
4. Isaac
5. Boswer Jr.

No Half Votes... I don't really care about the rest :D

Down-Votes
Paper Mario
Pichu
Ridley
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Thanks!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
This is what we're suggesting for Tetra, a decloned Toonie.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Up-Votes
1. Lyn!!!
2. Dark Samus!!!
3. Black Shadow/Ganondorf
4. Isaac
5. Boswer Jr.

No Half Votes... I don't really care about the rest :D

Down-Votes
Paper Mario
Pichu
Ridley
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Thanks!
Just like yu gi oh, the rules have changed, you have to give a reason for your downvotes for them to be approved (unless they changed that when I wasn`t looking).

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Toon Link stuff
Yeah, Toon Link shouldn't be a character that needs to be decloned.
As someone who plays him quite a bit, the only similarities to Link I see are a few grab combo start-ups (and obviously animations, but those don't matter too much).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yeah, Toon Link shouldn't be a character that needs to be decloned.
As someone who plays him quite a bit, the only similarities to Link I see are a few grab combo start-ups (and obviously animations, but those don't matter too much).

But dey bof uuse teh arrowz!

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

That's what I like about the Tetra ideas - you can incorporate a lot of other WW-themed moves into her moveset without having to mess up TL.

TBH, TL is one of my favorite characters. I wouldn't want him changed. : >

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
But they aren't too similar in application. Link's arrows are more on the spammy spam side, trying to get the opponent to approach you, since they travel much faster. TLink's arrows are for halting approaches and cutting off options (hitbox on the ground).

I know you posted dat as kind of a joke, but it can still clear things up for those who are unaware.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Just like yu gi oh, the rules have changed, you have to give a reason for your downvotes for them to be approved (unless they changed that when I wasn`t looking).
the rules of yu-gi-oh only changes once every 6 months and that's in order to maintain balancing (currently it is the most balanced it gas ever been btw)

but yeah KaneStaff you now need to add good reasons to your downvotes

Fortress

Smash Master
Which is why he should get the Telescope, Leaf, Grappling Hook, and Spoils Bag for items. You figure out what goes where (Hint: Spoils Bag for top-tier recovery).

But they aren't too similar in application. Link's arrows are more on the spammy spam side, trying to get the opponent to approach you, since they travel much faster. TLink's arrows are for for halting approaches and cutting off options (hitbox on the ground).
I think Trojan was just joking.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
the rules of yu-gi-oh only changes once every 6 months and that's in order to maintain balancing (currently it is the most balanced it gas ever been btw)

but yeah KaneStaff you now need to add good reasons to your downvotes
I quit yu-gi-oh because the format changes they had destroyed my non meta-game deck that was still able to compete.

I need a valid reason for them banning Royal Oppression in a special summon determines the win filled metagame when the card can be used by both players regardless of whose side of the field it's on before I could even justify them doing a "good thing" to balance the game.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
They should work TLink's camera into his moveset. Maybe a taunt where he takes a selfie. : > Although even his taunts are too good to replace.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
They should work TLink's camera into his moveset. Maybe a taunt where he takes a selfie. : > Although even his taunts are too good to replace.
give it to tetra!

that was actually a joking idea when I first typed it, but then immediately after I realized how great of an idea that would be.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I quit yu-gi-oh because the format changes they had destroyed my non meta-game deck that was still able to compete.

I need a valid reason for them banning Royal Oppression in a special summon determines the win filled metagame when the card can be used by both players regardless of whose side of the field it's on before I could even justify them doing a "good thing" to balance the game.
I had like 500 yu-gi-oh cards when I was 7...............I didn't play a single game.....

Shin F.

Smash Master
I remember Yu-Gi-Oh before it became ridiculous... it was fun. I still have my cards, if the spiders in my attic haven't eaten them in the last 8 to 10 or so years.

I like the idea of Tetra taking a Pictobox selfie for a taunt. I can just imagine her beating the crap out of TL and preserving the moment forever. XD

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
give it to tetra!

that was actually a joking idea when I first typed it, but then immediately after I realized how great of an idea that would be.

Omg, yes.

If the pictobox would be a thing she should probably strike the wink pose or something.

YES!

Yeah, the more we talk about this, the more I'd love to see Tetra. She's got so much to offer in every aspect, from interesting moves to charm and personality. <3

Malion

Smash Ace
Man the pictobox selfie is such a great idea for a taunt (I really hope TL uses it in sm4sh at least) and a folded arm/winking one is also a must. Maybe the last one she can hold her gossip stone necklace to her mouth and say "HEY".

I really like all I'm hearing about tetra so far. I hope we can sway it so she makes it in. I'd totally main her. You just gotta love that sass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom